Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Avalanche posted:

Thinking about picking this game up.

Is there still a community, and is it still fairly easy to find people online? Or has the community pretty much died since the release of every other high profile fall title?

You won't have any problems finding people to play with. Only half their planned DLC has been released and they've already confirmed that a 6th character class is being worked on.

It's also a game with a lot of replay value and some of the most fun co-op ever so people aren't putting it down casually. Just don't play with pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

abaddonis posted:

You can't flesh stick boost anymore online. It's offline only I believe

And holy poo poo, I knew the kss glitch would make the game easy mode, but I didn't expect it to be "kill hyperius and his minions in 10 seconds" easy. Apparently there is an easy way to do the glitch and only takes 10-15 seconds to get up to massive levels of game breaking goodness.

What is the kss glitch?

Also, apparently the sandhawk and fibber are unaffected by the Bee nerf. I watched Pyro Pete drop in about a minute with 2 sandhawks and an alkaline bee.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
That glitch makes the bee completely moot. I've been using it to farm seraph crystals from hyperius with my infinity and it kills him in less than 5 seconds.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
The ECHOcasts twitter account is starting to tease the new DLC.

@echocasts posted:

I D*#N'T WANN(? GO

What ho, chums!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

hippieman posted:

The ECHOcasts twitter account is starting to tease the new DLC.

Hammerlock?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Yeah it's Hammerlock. The DLC is called Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt, some stuff was in the patch notes or whatever so we knew that much. Apparently there's a customisation pack in the offing as well.

When did they announce they were working on a 6th character and did they give any hints?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What is the KSS glitch?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\EDIT:/\/\/\
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0G8XZVlYPw
This video explains it pretty well.

Marogareh posted:

That glitch makes the bee completely moot. I've been using it to farm seraph crystals from hyperius with my infinity and it kills him in less than 5 seconds.

Ok, you have to let me know how you're doing this. I thought I was being clever using the KSS glitch and Infinity to try and beat Hyperius solo but was having no luck actually beating him. Like, I managed to take out his minions and whittle him down to 1/4 health or something but not actually kill him. Is there some special setup you're usin' or what? (Or did you wait for the Evil Smasher to proc to crazy levels of damage multiplication I don't know about?)

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I imagine he's just boosting it up to insane levels. Even with the KSS glitch and a Norfleet it takes me all 28 rockets to kill him. For how much he drops it's not really worth the effort/money. I prefer killing Pete, especially since there's a spot you can use where he can't hit you.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

quote:

Ok, you have to let me know how you're doing this. I thought I was being clever using the KSS glitch and Infinity to try and beat Hyperius solo but was having no luck actually beating him. Like, I managed to take out his minions and whittle him down to 1/4 health or something but not actually kill him. Is there some special setup you're usin' or what? (Or did you wait for the Evil Smasher to proc to crazy levels of damage multiplication I don't know about?)

I'm using Zero with the sherriff's badge and a shadow stalker mod that gives +6 to rising shot and 25% to fire rate. His bore skill bypasses his reflect shield and one shot one kill does a ton of damage. I did proc it so that the infinity had something like 90/610 but getting there can be a bit of a pain.

Kifisonfire posted:

I prefer killing Pete, especially since there's a spot you can use where he can't hit you.
What sucks about Pete is that you either have to save/reload or run your rear end all the way back there. With Hyperius you can just run up to the gate quick and easy.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 20, 2012

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

I imagine he's just boosting it up to insane levels. Even with the KSS glitch and a Norfleet it takes me all 28 rockets to kill him. For how much he drops it's not really worth the effort/money. I prefer killing Pete, especially since there's a spot you can use where he can't hit you.

Equip the evil smasher
Switch to another weapon with the dpad and switch back to the ES before it appears on the screen.

This counts as one stack. Repeat as nauseum up to 300 stacks. To make sure you have done it right, switch to any weapon, shoot, and reload. If you see an explosion, you have done it right. An easy way to see how many stacks you have is to switch to the infinity pistol. At 125 stacks, I was doing about 400k-1mil per shot at around 7-8 shots/sec. It took me maybe 30 seconds to get the stacks that high. Doing too many stacks can freeze the game

However, it makes the game (and farming) super easy. It reminded me of the scene in terminator 2 where Arnold is shooting the mini gun at the cops (but devastating everything in your path)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

abaddonis posted:

Equip the evil smasher
Switch to another weapon with the dpad and switch back to the ES before it appears on the screen.

This counts as one stack. Repeat as nauseum up to 300 stacks. To make sure you have done it right, switch to any weapon, shoot, and reload. If you see an explosion, you have done it right. An easy way to see how many stacks you have is to switch to the infinity pistol. At 125 stacks, I was doing about 400k-1mil per shot at around 7-8 shots/sec. It took me maybe 30 seconds to get the stacks that high. Doing too many stacks can freeze the game

However, it makes the game (and farming) super easy. It reminded me of the scene in terminator 2 where Arnold is shooting the mini gun at the cops (but devastating everything in your path)

Holy Jesus, what kind of health do the endgame bosses have where you'd need to deal out 1 million damage per shot?!

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

raditts posted:

Holy Jesus, what kind of health do the endgame bosses have where you'd need to deal out 1 million damage per shot?!

The invincible bosses are pretty much the only ones. I would estimate hyperius to have 75-100mil HP

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I can get it to glitch if I follow that video, but how do you continue to stack it?

1. I reload the ES, it explodes.
2. I switch weapons immediately then go to inventory as soon as I hit weapon switch
3. I replace the ES with an infinity pistol.

At this point the pistol is effectively glitched, but how do you continue stacking that glitch? I tried putting the ES in another weapon slot and doing the same thing, only swapping it for the same pistol in another equipped slot but that doesn't seem to work.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

delpheye posted:

I can get it to glitch if I follow that video, but how do you continue to stack it?

1. I reload the ES, it explodes.
2. I switch weapons immediately then go to inventory as soon as I hit weapon switch
3. I replace the ES with an infinity pistol.

At this point the pistol is effectively glitched, but how do you continue stacking that glitch? I tried putting the ES in another weapon slot and doing the same thing, only swapping it for the same pistol in another equipped slot but that doesn't seem to work.

Step 1 : Just equip the ES. It doesn't need to be reloaded or anything
Step 2 : Switch to another weapon with the d pad
Step 3 : before the weapon shows up, switch back to the ES
Step 4 : repeat steps 2-3 10-15 times. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds
Step 5 : switch to another weapon that isn't the infinity and reload. You should see an explosion. The larger the explosion, the more stacks. It can get to the point where you could have all 180 shells in a shotgun. If you have an infinity, your magazine should show more than 1 round (it's still unlimited and you still get the first shot bonus with zero)

Any of your weapons will have the glitch. However, if you reload, the glitch disappears, which is why it's best to use the infinity. You can switch areas, shop, and talk to people and the glitch will persist. Only quitting or switching to another weapon an reloading will remove it

Edit: this is what it can do. This was done with 86 stacks on an infinity. Taken with my phone, but you still get the idea

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/abaddonis/FBC151F1-6D1B-4E21-AE0B-ACE1B84B15B8-55871-0000066845201591.mp4

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 20, 2012

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

You can go into your inventory, unequip and reequip an empty weapon to reload it.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

This is awesome. I got an infinity pistol up to 222 and it pretty much destroys hyperius.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003
Just picked this up and enjoying it so far. Borderlands 1 was the last game I finished (playthrough 1). I played a Siren then and also playing a Siren in this game.

One question I have though is the hit boxes seem to be off, unless I'm just crazy. I've had numerous times where I can see my bullets hit a mob (sometimes exploading on the mob) and it's not actually doing any damage. I've even had it happen at close range when using my Siren ability. I cast the ability and pump shots into the mob and it's not doing any damage.

I'm not sure if this is an accuracy thing because I'm low level or if it's just a bug in the game but it's a little annoying.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

raditts posted:

So far Gee is the sturdiest one out of all of them. Speaking of which I think they added the ability to absorb the poison puddles so now you won't be hosed over by multiple ones.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41mEar44zY

Sir Hammerlock's Big Hame Hunt drops January 15.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I know I'm the only one who appreciates this, but I hope that Handsome Jack having a remenant cult in canon postgame segues this DLC into the long awaited space station explosion DLC everyone needs and wants.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
You know what I reckon is going to happen at this point? The last piece of the Season Pass DLC is going to be another one of these relatively little chunks of content and then they'll announce another piece of DLC that'll be the level cap increasing Knoxx equivalent that everyone wants for 1200 points or whatever. Maybe everyone else already figured that out and I'm just now getting it but whenever one of these gets announced the articles always say something like "will this finally be the one that increases the level cap?" and I get the feeling they're pulling a bait and switch with it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't think they are dumb enough to pull a bait-and-switch on a very loyal fanbase, just to make a few bucks by screwing those of us who purchased a season pass.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/281750585261322240

Adam Fletcher posted:

Borderlands 2 level cap increase is planned for Q1 next year.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Gamespy has a preview of the Hammerlock DLC. It's features include a new vehicle and that the challenge in this dlc is very high. Not just from tough enemies but he talks about a Witch Doctor enemy that heals and even boosts other enemies.

He also mentions plans for level cap boosts and even a third playthrough. Looking forward to seeing what that means.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
According to Kotaku "2K is said to be thrilled with Borderlands 2's sales performance, and is envisioning a second "season" of DLC after this one concludes."

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The season pass promises 4 packs by June 2013 yet we'll already have the third in January. It's pretty clear gearbox is putting these out as fast as they possibly can. Then again the first 2 packs haven't been awful, certainly better than BL1's first 2 offerings, if a little rough around the edges. I don't regret buying the season pass, for now at least.

Big Game Hunt doesn't really grab me so far, Hammerlock isn't that great of a character and a poor follow-up to MR TORGUE. Also I guess the bandits will be wearing tribal masks this time? The Handsome Jack cult might be interesting.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
If you honestly think Sir Hammerlock isn't fantastic after his weary hatred of Claptrap and his horrified, near-psychotic reaction to the mutated varkids, I don't even know what to tell you. Hammerlock owns and this DLC is going to own.

MR. TORGUE is pretty goddamn incredible though. Tough act to follow.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/281800741964881920

Randy Pitchford posted:

PS3: KBW3T-JT9WJ-B5CKB-S35TB-CBTC5
PC: KJK3B-H6JKK-KX3TT-3TBBT-R5TCK
X360: 53K3J-SF3JX-6H6J6-5RBJ3-KHRSH

These were posted 4 hours ago so I don't know if they're still active but nobody else posted them yet so here you go.

Also, reinforcement of the level cap raise from a separate tweet:

Randy Pitchford posted:

We are working on a big add-on/expansion for next year with deeper progression. I will share details and timing as we settle in with them.

edit: Hammerlock owns, don't talk poo poo about him :mad:

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Randy Pitchford posted:

We are working on a big add-on/expansion for next year with deeper progression. I will share details and timing as we settle in with them.

I am betting that that will not be covered by my Season Pass. Which I would not have bought if I had known that the DLC it covered would provide neither improved loot over the core game nor any meaningful story progression. Where's my General-Knoxx-quality DLC you promised me, Randy? Big bosses are great but I would be a lot more motivated to kill them if they had worthwhile rewards.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Goddannit Gearbox, I already have enough in my plate next year as is, I don't want more awesome content I have to pay for, my wallet can't take it :negative:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
loving knew it, glad I didn't buy the Season Pass. I'm going to be happy to buy it when it goes on sale on Boxing Day since it's more content but I had a feeling they were going to do this. To be fair they never said the increased level cap content would be in the Season Pass, they just heavily implied it would be and said the season pass stuff would all be "Knoxx level in quality and length" which may or may not be true since I haven't played them yet.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

thebardyspoon posted:

loving knew it, glad I didn't buy the Season Pass. I'm going to be happy to buy it when it goes on sale on Boxing Day since it's more content but I had a feeling they were going to do this. To be fair they never said the increased level cap content would be in the Season Pass, they just heavily implied it would be and said the season pass stuff would all be "Knoxx level in quality and length" which may or may not be true since I haven't played them yet.

Dross posted:

I am betting that that will not be covered by my Season Pass. Which I would not have bought if I had known that the DLC it covered would provide neither improved loot over the core game nor any meaningful story progression. Where's my General-Knoxx-quality DLC you promised me, Randy? Big bosses are great but I would be a lot more motivated to kill them if they had worthwhile rewards.

This is all speculation, the progression level stuff may be part of the season pass.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Xguard86 posted:

This is all speculation, the progression level stuff may be part of the season pass.

Confirmed that there won't be progression in Hammerlock's DLC, so they have exactly one SP-covered DLC left to do it in, which is one less instance of level-cap-raising than the first game had.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Dross posted:

Confirmed that there won't be progression in Hammerlock's DLC, so they have exactly one SP-covered DLC left to do it in, which is one less instance of level-cap-raising than the first game had.

I'm not expecting a level cap raise since they said they were going to do one but not in a conventional way.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yeah the 4th and final Season Pass DLC will most likely be the Knoxx-equivalent that will raise the level cap and be a lot bigger than the previous 3.

That's speculation of course but that's how it worked in BL1 and it would make perfect sense to repeat that pattern for BL2.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
God DAMMIT Gearbox- give me a level cap raise and fix your crazy low drop rates!

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Minorities posted:

Yeah the 4th and final Season Pass DLC will most likely be the Knoxx-equivalent that will raise the level cap and be a lot bigger than the previous 3.

That's speculation of course but that's how it worked in BL1 and it would make perfect sense to repeat that pattern for BL2.

Knoxx was the third DLC. Claptrap was the fourth, and the level cap was raised first to 61 by Knoxx and then to 69 for Claptrap. Current DLC with its lack of meaningful story progression and loot improvement feels more like Dr. Ned than Knoxx.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Gamespot's got a "First 30 minutes of Hammerlock" up. Watching it now, Spoilers obviously for those who care.

http://www.gamespot.com/borderlands...gGam;WatchItNow

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dross posted:

Knoxx was the third DLC. Claptrap was the fourth, and the level cap was raised first to 61 by Knoxx and then to 69 for Claptrap. Current DLC with its lack of meaningful story progression and loot improvement feels more like Dr. Ned than Knoxx.

Oh snap you're right! My bad. Robolution was pretty forgettable which is why it slipped my mind.

Also Dr. Ned was my favorite DLC from BL1 (yes even over Knoxx) and I've been [moderately happy] with the DLC for BL2 so far. Scarlett was meh but I really liked the Torgue one a lot so it balances out I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Angry Diplomat posted:

If you honestly think Sir Hammerlock isn't fantastic after his weary hatred of Claptrap and his horrified, near-psychotic reaction to the mutated varkids, I don't even know what to tell you. Hammerlock owns and this DLC is going to own.
He's a decent character, sure, but his quests were terrible in the main game. After my first time through the game, I don't think I ever talked to him again, because shooting a million animals and digging through their shitpiles is just not fun to me. I'd be happier if they'd given a DLC to Johnny Waffles since he's the only named NPC in Sanctuary without a questline.

• Locked thread