Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Anonymous John posted:

For what it's worth, GRRM mentioned a few weeks ago in the comments of a blog post that he's nowhere near half done with TWOW.

Carry on.

Not having written anything fits with that so no poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

IRQ posted:

Not having written anything fits with that so no poo poo.

:argh:

HOW MANY MORE YEARS, GUYS.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
'Till he's dead. His masterpiece (... as it were) incomplete.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

The Unnamed One posted:

'Till he's dead. His masterpiece (... as it were) incomplete.

Until the show puts together its own version based on what he told them, anyway.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

So GRRM still isn't dead and TWoW still isn't done? I'll check back end of next year.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!

Cornwind Evil posted:

Until the show puts together its own version based on what he told them, anyway.

I have a feeling they really didn't think this poo poo through very well. Whatever it is that they come up with it's sure as Dany's poo poo not going to be loving crazy enough to match Gurm... They should have the wildcards write the rest of the show.

why oh WHY fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 20, 2012

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So it was and so it shall forever be...

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Did you guys hear? GRRM released a live feed of his computer screen so we can see exactly how much progress he's making on The Winds of Winter. I'll embed it below.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Thats a pretty absurd thing to exist because theres no way gurm could finish the series with that tiny space to fit books in anyway.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

thornghost posted:

Did you guys hear? GRRM released a live feed of his computer screen so we can see exactly how much progress he's making on The Winds of Winter. I'll embed it below.

Haha you know he doesnt use word, recreate this in MSDOS and then come talk.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You can't take screenshots on ENIAC, dude, get with it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

No guys don't you remember, he totally moved a bunch of stuff from A poo poo with Dany to WoW!

Perhaps it was the parts where things happened!

it isn't because Gurm doesn't know what happens

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You can't take screenshots on ENIAC, dude, get with it.

He's only suffering through using ENIAC until his museum quality replica of the Antikythera mechanism gets delivered.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Between no ending at all and whatever ending the TV show comes up with based on the points GRRM gave them, however inferior it is to GRRM craziness, I'll take the crazy-inferior TV ending with hints of officialness instead of having to fanfic up my own ending. If it's true that GRRM wants the series to die with him up to having it in his will to burn his notes, then I'll take what I can get from the selfish prick. I'm not going to resolve him of responsibility by throwing up my arms and going 'I QUIT.' before storming back to the Dresden Files or something.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
GRRM OWES me hours, days, weeks of my life back

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bigmcgaffney posted:

I don't even want to think about how much time I've spent in the various ASOIAF threads over the last 10 years.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

bigmcgaffney posted:

How did the Simpsons put it...

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Bloated One will never be done.

Question: who's the more obvious write-in, Magister Illyrio of Pentos or Fat Lord Manderly? I'm conflicted. On the one side, a disgusting, plotting, womanizing blob of flesh. On the other, Frey pies. Hmmm.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The Yunkai'i slaver who buys Tyrion. Dude was so fat he couldn't move. Also he had a jungle disease and consorted with a hermaphrodite.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
The following characters are GRRM: The Hound, Petyr Baelish, Illyrio, Wyman Manderly, the fat guy that shits all over Tyrion, Jorah Mormont, that one fat Maester, Varys, every male character in the same room as Sansa, Rickon, the guy who Arya has to seduce for her courtier mission in the theoretical next book.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

You forgot to mention Daario, who he wishes he could be.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Tick. Tock.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Urdnot Fire posted:

You forgot to mention Daario, who he wishes he could be.

Daario is the jerk jock who stole the cheerleader Dany away from him Jorah, he can't be Darren.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Daario is prolly that last stupid betrayal too.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Doran Martell is definitely a gurmacter, what with being grotesquely bloated to the point of immobility, having everyone that follows him bitching about how he hasn't done anything in years, having two of his planned, years in the making masterstrokes in a row both fail miserably, and the whole creepily peeping on underage kids frolicking about half-naked while he gorges on and obsesses about his favorite food.

savinhill fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 21, 2012

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Thulsa Doom posted:

The following characters are GRRM: The Hound, Petyr Baelish, Illyrio, Wyman Manderly, the fat guy that shits all over Tyrion, Jorah Mormont, that one fat Maester, Varys, every male character in the same room as Sansa, Rickon, the guy who Arya has to seduce for her courtier mission in the theoretical next book.

He's a nice guy really.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

savinhill posted:

Doran Martell is definitely a gurmacter, what with being grotesquely bloated to the point of immobility
Doran isn't fat, he's immobile because he has gout. You might be confused with Wyman Manderly.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

The Yunkai'i slaver who buys Tyrion. Dude was so fat he couldn't move. Also he had a jungle disease and consorted with a hermaphrodite.

He's just got that jungle fever. And I think that we can all agree gurm fantasizes about being any man with sway over Arya :pervert:.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

In It For The Tank posted:

He's a nice guy really.

Holy poo poo that makes too much sense. He just needs a trenchcoat no matter the weather outside.

Too bad Iain Glenn is far too handsome to completely sell pathetic Jorah :swoon:

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 21, 2012

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

Arbite posted:

Tick. Tock.

Hrrrngg guys we need to finish a chapter

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Nine hours.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Its like the Doomsday clock over here.

Thulsa Doom posted:

the fat guy that shits all over Tyrion,

This happened? I guess I must have blocked that out of my memory. Can't wait until I see august British and American actors re-enact this classic scene.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
He doesn't poo poo on Tyrion, he's just covered in poo poo because he's so fat he can't wipe himself. Tyrion gets to wipe the poo poo off of him.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

Its like the Doomsday clock over here.

This happened? I guess I must have blocked that out of my memory. Can't wait until I see august British and American actors re-enact this classic scene.

How could you forget the GRRM/Ty Mary Sues?

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

Arbite posted:

Nine hours.

gently caress, I'll write 22. Let's see if I can finish it in less than an hour. (Probably.)

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

savinhill posted:

Doran Martell is definitely a gurmacter, what with being grotesquely bloated to the point of immobility, having everyone that follows him bitching about how he hasn't done anything in years, having two of his planned, years in the making masterstrokes in a row both fail miserably, and the whole creepily peeping on underage kids frolicking about half-naked while he gorges on and obsesses about his favorite food.

Seven preserve us, you're right!

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

Chapter 22 is complete and posted to the Google Doc! Done in 45 minutes and I'm sure it is a masterpiece.

Two chapters left, bitches.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A machine. A heartless, penis describing machine is what you are.

whowhatwhere posted:

He doesn't poo poo on Tyrion, he's just covered in poo poo because he's so fat he can't wipe himself. Tyrion gets to wipe the poo poo off of him.

An emmy winning scene if ever I've heard of one.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Shageletic posted:

An emmy winning scene if ever I've heard of one.

"For this award I'd like to thank the academy, my parents, Charmin..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Man, ye olde Royale better be a literal fluffy white kitten.