Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I may have missed this since I was jamming to much, will any of the missed stretch goals make it into the game after release as a free or pay patch? It looks like New Game+ will just be hit but the other stuff is too high up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Yaos posted:

It looks like New Game+ will just be hit but the other stuff is too high up.
Don't give up the ghost too soon. It's very common for Kickstarter projects to get a big push just before closing, especially if new websites report on them towards the end of the project.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

^^Don't underestimate the power of the late backer surge, friend.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

helopticor posted:

Don't give up the ghost too soon. It's very common for Kickstarter projects to get a big push just before closing, especially if new websites report on them towards the end of the project.

Yeah, things slowing down at this pace is normal, and 120k is a very real possibility. At the very least, it's going to get to 100 and we can enjoy whatever that entails.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

helopticor posted:

Obsidian had a huge late push but they were streaming some good poo poo during the final hours. Tales of Game's could do something similar but Barkley 2 might be too canon for a big party to end the Kickstarter.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I for one plan on kicking in 100$ when I get paid tomorrow. I need to get in on that tsundere dwarf body pillow action.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

rodbeard posted:

I for one plan on kicking in 100$ when I get paid tomorrow. I need to get in on that tsundere dwarf body pillow action.

Dakimakura :colbert:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ezzer posted:

Dakimakura :colbert:

'daki' :rolleyes:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
lots of bakas itt, smh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

helopticor posted:

We need Notch to promote this game! Just like molyneux. Also Boyardee needs to do an interview with RPS and start to cry mid-interview. Do it! We need that superbowl commercial.

Scambl
Jun 1, 2007

Anything you can do, Neil Gaiman can do better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEqsvnbbA7M

A not very good mashup someone made that I thought belonged here.

I'm so ready to jam I'm willing to lower my slam-tastes and jam out to this less than perfect song.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Scambl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEqsvnbbA7M

A not very good mashup someone made that I thought belonged here.

I'm so ready to jam I'm willing to lower my slam-tastes and jam out to this less than perfect song.

ANYTHING that mentions Rise of the loving Triad is automatically awesome.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
This one's more topical. Merry Christmas Barkley thread!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xUar4TrmLY

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

rodbeard posted:

Kickstarter doesn't actually charge you until the funding period is over. You could have backed it from day 1 if you thought you'd have money tomorrow. This goes for everyone, too. If you're waiting for money to come in, just pledge now. The end result will be the same, yes, but the higher the number of pledges, the more people will want to pledge to help reach the stretch goals.

Yodzilla posted:

Take a look at my girlfriend.

I wish.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 21, 2012

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just started playing Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden for the first time. As soon as I reached the Cyberdwarf I ran straight to the Kickstarter to back it. I can't believe how funny and well made this strange game is.

memomi
Dec 16, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Will the game still have boss battles?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

memomi posted:

Will the game still have boss battles?

Hell yeah.

Also Node, what is your avatar? I saw a picture of that guy today at a rest stop in Breezewood, PA. A woman was whispering in his ear and he had his mouth wide open. It was definitely the same guy.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Regy Rusty posted:

I just started playing Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden for the first time. As soon as I reached the Cyberdwarf I ran straight to the Kickstarter to back it. I can't believe how funny and well made this strange game is.

What's great isn't that it's funny and well made so much that it stays funny and well made.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Chef Boyardee, have you taken the 10 or 11 percent or so of the raised money that Kickstart and Amazon will keep into account?

Also, how much have you recieved via Kickstarter?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

BiggerJ posted:

Chef Boyardee, have you taken the 10 or 11 percent or so of the raised money that Kickstart and Amazon will keep into account?

Zero. No transactions occur until the project ends.

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

tinaun posted:

Zero. No transactions occur until the project ends.

I hate to speak for anyone else, but I think he meant to type "PayPal"

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Chef Boyardee posted:

Hell yeah.

Also Node, what is your avatar? I saw a picture of that guy today at a rest stop in Breezewood, PA. A woman was whispering in his ear and he had his mouth wide open. It was definitely the same guy.

I have no idea, I found dudes using it in some place where they talk about bad games.

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king
It's a stock photo man that you can see more of in the "some similar pictures" section here.

Edit: You probably saw one of these.

jawbroken fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Dec 21, 2012

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Barkley 1 keeps crashing on me. Why do I destroy everything I touch. :(

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lakitu7 posted:

This one's more topical. Merry Christmas Barkley thread!
That's an alright jam, but it can't hope to slam with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEpPTfxNl_o

Merry Clispaethmas!

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

BiggerJ posted:

Yeah! Kickstarter takes 5% and I think Amazon takes 5%. There are also credit card fees, which account for maybe 3%, and we have to pay fees to get the physical items made and shipped. Then we have to pay taxes. These are all things we've accounted for, but they still suck.

We've made about $1000 on Paypal.

jawbroken posted:

It's a stock photo man that you can see more of in the "some similar pictures" section here.

Edit: You probably saw one of these.

Yeah, that was it!

This is a really weird problem that has to do with how Game Maker handles external .dlls in Windows 7. It's pretty rare, but it happens with all GM games and nobody can really seem to find out why it happens, but it goes away if you restart your computer.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Found out I'm getting a holiday bonus next Friday right before the deadline. Gonna chuck it into the Kickstarter even though it's probably only going to be like $50.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Chef Boyardee posted:

This is a really weird problem that has to do with how Game Maker handles external .dlls in Windows 7. It's pretty rare, but it happens with all GM games and nobody can really seem to find out why it happens, but it goes away if you restart your computer.

Well, I guess we know it happens on Windows 8 now too.

Thanks for the heads up.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

YourAverageJoe posted:

That's an alright jam, but it can't hope to slam with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEpPTfxNl_o

Merry Clispaethmas!

Gotta say I agree that's pretty Baller.

I still say a new themesong specifically for this game by the one and only Quad City DJs be the most baller thing possible though!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
How much would it cost to have Charles Barkley say B-ball. B-Ball never changes. for Barkley 2

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I would increase my donation significantly if you guys could get Charles Barkley to narrate the prologue.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
I'm Cuchulain, and I approve of this vidcon. Donate today and I will give you whatever you desire.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Based on how weird this video is, you never know if Chuck might find the whole thing hilarious...

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/12/21/20121220-top5-inside4.nba

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
We're almost at 90k! Upped my pledge to $75 to celebrate. :toot:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Technique posted:

We're almost at 90k! Upped my pledge to $75 to celebrate. :toot:

Hell yeah, I upped mine to $25! It's a Clispaeth miracle!

Davoren fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 22, 2012

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I want animated cutscenes. I want that daki too.

I wonder if there is some single action I could take that would make both more likely to happen.

plaindot
Dec 26, 2005
awesome
IF I contribute the $25 tier,I can choose whether to get mac or pc version right (or hopefully both..)? Cause I reallllly want this, the first game was ballzawesome.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is there going to be button mapping in Barkley 2?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Welp, there goes 90k. New Game + is go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Barkley 1 was one of my favorite RPGs of all time. I'm in, to prove I'm not a baka gaijin.