Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

If they increase the level cap and add in a playthrough 3, then that will be awesome. If not then I'll keep getting to use my level 50 legendaries and have fun with the DLC. I'm not fussed either way, just want more Borderlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Weird. All of my characters have lost their skins and my BA Tokens were reset to 0.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

If they increase the level cap and add in a playthrough 3, then that will be awesome. If not then I'll keep getting to use my level 50 legendaries and have fun with the DLC. I'm not fussed either way, just want more Borderlands.

It would be nice if they offered a weapon scaling store or something. Maybe something like 1mil per level or something. It's bad enough the drop rate of legendaries is loving terrible.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Angry Diplomat posted:

If you honestly think Sir Hammerlock isn't fantastic after his weary hatred of Claptrap and his horrified, near-psychotic reaction to the mutated varkids, I don't even know what to tell you. Hammerlock owns and this DLC is going to own.

MR. TORGUE is pretty goddamn incredible though. Tough act to follow.
I dunno, I just feel 'Posh colonial Englishman explorer' is a well worn cliche and they didn't do anything particularly interesting with it.

I'd love to play a DLC centered around Brick though.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

Sorry, basic question but are these first come/first served? Or time based? Or someting else?

I just picked this up and know next to nothing about this game.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Sometimes they're a limited # of uses and sometimes time based, depends on the code.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Essential posted:

Sorry, basic question but are these first come/first served? Or time based? Or someting else?

I just picked this up and know next to nothing about this game.

Time-based. You enter them in-game at the main menu as "SHIFT Codes" in the world's most annoying text entry screen.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Mr Phillby posted:

I dunno, I just feel 'Posh colonial Englishman explorer' is a well worn cliche and they didn't do anything particularly interesting with it.

I'd love to play a DLC centered around Brick though.

I demand a Crazy Earl DLC.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kifisonfire posted:

Honestly I want them to do something interesting with the increased level cap instead of "Here's more levels. Now you can have two ultimate's." I mean we got that in the first game and it was boring as hell. It's partly why my friends and I didn't want an increased level cap.

Another playthrough is perfectly fine though.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

raditts posted:

Time-based. You enter them in-game at the main menu as "SHIFT Codes" in the world's most annoying text entry screen.

Or you just copy and paste th- wait you can't do that on consoles can you.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Fibby Boy posted:

Honestly I want them to do something interesting with the increased level cap instead of "Here's more levels. Now you can have two ultimate's." I mean we got that in the first game and it was boring as hell. It's partly why my friends and I didn't want an increased level cap.

Another playthrough is perfectly fine though.

Yeah as cool as it would be to just have more points, I'd be more fun and crazy to get some new ridiculous powers.

I always thought it'd be neat if you could profit from kill streaking. Like get 5 kills in X amount of time triggers some kind of fuckoff power boost with a neat effect. Salvador could become like 8 feet tall, Axton could get mech armor voltron style, something visually striking to show how much rear end you're kicking at that moment.

Maybe set a short active limit and a cooldown so its not constant.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

abaddonis posted:

It's bad enough the drop rate of legendaries is loving terrible.

I swear it's like people don't even understand the concept or point of loot rarity.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Xguard86 posted:

Yeah as cool as it would be to just have more points, I'd be more fun and crazy to get some new ridiculous powers.

I always thought it'd be neat if you could profit from kill streaking. Like get 5 kills in X amount of time triggers some kind of fuckoff power boost with a neat effect. Salvador could become like 8 feet tall, Axton could get mech armor voltron style, something visually striking to show how much rear end you're kicking at that moment.

Maybe set a short active limit and a cooldown so its not constant.

I definitely read this as "profit from kill stealing" but I do like the idea of a streak mechanic. The only trouble here is that in BL you often travel between clumps of enemies with not a lot happening in between the clumps, so that would make it difficult to hit a streak and then actually do something with it since you just evaporated every nearby enemy.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dross posted:

I swear it's like people don't even understand the concept or point of loot rarity.

But I want all the best stuuuuuff and I want it nooooowwwwwwwwwww!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Dross posted:

I just want more than one not-farmed legendary drop per playthrough. Is that too much to ask? I do like how they attached certain legendaries to certain boss enemies this go-around, though.

\/\/\/EDIT:\/\/\/

Did I say "commonly"? I just want to see more neat weapon effects :(

\/\/\/DUBBLEDIT:\/\/\/
Yeah, TVHM is just brutal once you get into the 40s, what with all of your weapons being effectively useless after a few levels.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 21, 2012

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I just want more than one not-farmed legendary drop per playthrough. Is that too much to ask? I do like how they attached certain legendaries to certain boss enemies this go-around, though.

"I just want rarer-than-rarer-than-rare stuff to drop commonly."

I feel that the mistake made by the developers was not in the drop rate of legendaries, but in balancing the game's difficulty so that they are needed. Legendaries are supposed to be a bonus with neat effects. I feel like one should be able to expect to progress well if outfitted in purples.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got my hands on a Cobra and boy is it disappointing. Even with all the crit skills it does less damage than Fremington's edge.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Dross posted:

I feel that the mistake made by the developers was not in the drop rate of legendaries, but in balancing the game's difficulty so that they are needed. Legendaries are supposed to be a bonus with neat effects. I feel like one should be able to expect to progress well if outfitted in purples.

Ya, I don't know why they balanced bosses around stuff like the bee when they knew it was broken and had a fix planned.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Dross posted:

This plus it's really stupid that legendaries have a chance at dropping at level 48.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I've got like 4 days played on Borderlands 2 now across all the characters and have seen less than 5 purples in a chest ever, not counting the golden chest of course. I've also only ever found like 4-5 legendaries (no farming). I'm not saying every boss should drop an orange every time but it would be nice not to have to kill The Warrior 250 times to get a CC to drop (and at that point you aren't even going to want to play anymore) or have to do some crazy treasure room glitch to even ever have a chance at some of the guns.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Well that's my point, purples are common at level 50 but by that point they're insufficient. The thing is that new bosses are a gear check but there's no NEW reward for killing them. Typically in MMOs and dungeon crawlers, loot progression goes something like

Level up -> collect base level gear from quests/world drops -> kill easy bosses -> improve gear -> kill harder bosses that require that improved gear -> get even better gear -> repeat last two steps until developers stop releasing new content.

Borderlands 2 goes like this:

Level up -> farm incidental NPCs for a specific set of best in slot gear -> kill bosses -> no tangible reward.

This is why I've been so bitterly disappointed by the DLC, it's all side stories with no main storyline relevance AND the loot from the superbosses isn't better than the base game's.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
They should go the WoW route and have a roll or pass system on rare loot. Nothing worse than someone dropping in, taking the Handsome Jack Mask and then leaving.

And I still can't figure out why or how I lost all of my skins.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Marogareh posted:

Got my hands on a Cobra and boy is it disappointing. Even with all the crit skills it does less damage than Fremington's edge.

Use the ES glitch on it. I ditched the Fremington's Edge because even with the higher damage output, i didn't like the ridonkulous zoom and lovely accuracy. The cobra doesn't fire as fast as a White Death, but I can oneshot most common mobs.

I don't know why my brain wouldn't let me find your posts asking for a cobra but I got one a week ago and was trying to figure out who here was trying really hard for one. So did it end up dropping or did you dupe one?

delpheye fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 21, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just picked up the vanilla copy last night, I'm wondering if any of the DLC so far is worth picking up right away. Playing the campaign with my brother first, and then the 2nd time solo. Thinking about buying the Mechanomancer regardless.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Flameingblack posted:

Just picked up the vanilla copy last night, I'm wondering if any of the DLC so far is worth picking up right away. Playing the campaign with my brother first, and then the 2nd time solo. Thinking about buying the Mechanomancer regardless.

The Mechromancer is a must-buy. The Torgue DLC is way better than the Scarlett DLC except for the treasure room glitch I guess. Don't bother with either DLC until you get to level 30 though.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

delpheye posted:

Use the ES glitch on it. I ditched the Fremington's Edge because even with the higher damage output, i didn't like the ridonkulous zoom and lovely accuracy. The cobra doesn't fire as fast as a White Death, but I can oneshot most common mobs.

I don't know why my brain wouldn't let me find your posts asking for a cobra but I got one a week ago and was trying to figure out who here was trying really hard for one. So did it end up dropping or did you dupe one?

I saw someone with it and asked for a dupe of it and a legendary Gunzerker mod since I've been looking for those forever. I've scoured the beatdown over and over and I've only seen three blues and all of them were garbage.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Marogareh posted:

I saw someone with it and asked for a dupe of it and a legendary Gunzerker mod since I've been looking for those forever. I've scoured the beatdown over and over and I've only seen three blues and all of them were garbage.

wait... you have an orange cobra?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Nah just a blue one. I don't want to use the KSS glitch on it since I only use it to farm seraph crystals.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZUU44c_q9Y

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I would just put :stonk: here if it wouldn't get me probated.

For real post: I absolutely agree that specific combos of legendaries being almost required for endgame content, while in turn dishing out very meagre reward for that content, is pretty crazy. Loot for loot's sake does not a rewarding treadmill make.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

This came up on my YouTube feed and I was too scared to click it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My problem with orange loot being so ridiculously rare is that there are only a few select ones that are actually worth how rare they are. If the issue isn't the fact that they're so rare to find, it's definitely that none of them do anything interesting except the ones that break the game.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

My problem with orange loot being so ridiculously rare is that there are only a few select ones that are actually worth how rare they are. If the issue isn't the fact that they're so rare to find, it's definitely that none of them do anything interesting except the ones that break the game.

This isn't true at all. If you want to farm raid bosses there are certain gear combos that work best but there is no one single best solution. I have tons of oranges and I use about half of them on a regular basis.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Marogareh posted:

Would you mind duping me one when you get a chance so I too can be disappointed?

:negative:

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Dross posted:

I get the concept of rarity, but the game is designed for having the legendaries/op gear. You only get one legendary as a mission reward an the rest are less than a 1% drop

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Sorry to say that I don't remember if I have you in my friends list or not. I can barely remember who is who from here and PSN.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

:siren: Free Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC codes.

http://xfinity.aditive.com/s/6Vnf2fRLd

You may need to disable adblock.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
That doesn't seem suspicious at all.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forwards to a Maliwan centered DLC. I can imagine some legendary with 3 or 4 elements on it. :3:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Marogareh posted:

Sorry to say that I don't remember if I have you in my friends list or not. I can barely remember who is who from here and PSN.

We only played once, and I don't really blame you or care considering my psn name is completely different from my handle here.

Yeah you have me, NotAntagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
awesome, thank you for the DLC link!

• Locked thread