Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
My car is out of paint and the new passenger fender looks flawless - can't even tell someone backed into my hit and run style. The side skirts and front lip are also out of paint and should be installed today or first thing in the morning. I hope I have my car back by tomorrow evening :f5h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Finally decided what we wanted to do with that frame on the rat rod. Its being stretched about 5 inches, clopped and lowered, and narrowed a little bit. Its nice to stop talking about it, and actually get to work. We has a '84 Merc turbo diesel engine lined up to put in, but the guy stopped answering calls.

We have also been working on setting up the shop a bit better. The owner is changing shop areas, only about 100 feet between the two buildings, but it sucks having to constantly go back and forth. So this week we got the band saw over, the welding table, grinders, and my TIG welder set up.

Layed out. The rear riser will actually be taken apart again to get the frame lower.

Lots of the original frame left, lol.

So, we got things tacked together and square, and got the frame up into the air so I could start welding.

And about here I ran out of Argon. You can see the body in the background.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Why have you not posted a thread about this?

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I dont think there is enough interest and its not mine, so I don't get to dictate the pace.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Body shop is nearly done - just have to install the front lip and I can pick it up this evening :)

Before:

Teaser:

These airwalker side skirts get me hard.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

S2000's are seriously nice. What year is that?

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Bob NewSCART posted:

S2000's are seriously nice. What year is that?

It's a 2007 (AP2). Grand Prix white with the red and black interior. Here are a few galleries I've shot of it since I've had it if you want more pics. Thanks!

http://paulboz.com/images/index.php?level=collection&id=5

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat dude, that's gorgeous. You're a pretty good photographer too.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Paul Boz_ posted:

It's a 2007 (AP2). Grand Prix white with the red and black interior. Here are a few galleries I've shot of it since I've had it if you want more pics. Thanks!

http://paulboz.com/images/index.php?level=collection&id=5

Great looking S2k. I've autocrossed a suspension modified one and it has to be one of the most responsive vehicles I've driven.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finally swapped the front calipers. Turns out it wasn't the front brakes grinding... :gonk: though it was pulling to the right when braking and the pads on the RF corner were wearing a lot faster. One of the rear cylinders has been leaking for awhile, I was already planning to just replace everything in the back sooner rather than later. I'll order everything I need from Rockauto after Christmas, then rent a lift at the DIY garage for a couple of hours.

Now it stops in a straight line instead of trying to lock up the RF caliper if I so much as sneeze on the pedal, and it stops a million times better. Downside: I either pissed off the master cylinder when I bled the brakes, or didn't tighten one of the banjo bolts enough - the pedal slowly sinks to the floor if I stand on it. :ohdear: I couldn't find any leaks after driving it a couple of miles, but I'll re-check in the morning. At least the master cylinder is a pretty easy swap on this car (the clutch master, on the other hand, can burn in hell).

e: got a surprise at the gas pump today. I've started filling up at the end of every shift (since my job is, yanno, driving for several hours). 28 MPG on this shift, which was about 90 miles, unless the pump shut off early for some reason (the gauge went all the way up to the full mark though, and it's the same station I usually fill up at). This drat car is so weird, if I drive it in anger it gets great mileage, but if I drive like grandma it gets poo poo mileage :iiam:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 22, 2012

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
yours is an S&M relationship :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Along those lines, as much as I like pain, I've decided that I'll have another car within 6 weeks. I fix one thing, 5 other things break; as it is now, the engine needs to come out to fix the rattling timing chain (faster to R&R the engine vs fixing it in the car).

I'm going to fix the bad motor mount and the rear brakes, then see if I can get $2000 for it. And hope for $1500 - I couldn't knowingly sell a car with brake issues. Currently looking for a domestic with a 5 speed, since lower end domestics can usually be had for :10bux: - should have the money to do a $2000-2500 car purchase by the end of January, which will land me in a newer Grand Am or something similar (it'll just be a bitch to find one with a manual transmission).

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
*STR sells Altima*

*AI closes next day due to inactivity*

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

Along those lines, as much as I like pain, I've decided that I'll have another car within 6 weeks. I fix one thing, 5 other things break; as it is now, the engine needs to come out to fix the rattling timing chain (faster to R&R the engine vs fixing it in the car).

I'm going to fix the bad motor mount and the rear brakes, then see if I can get $2000 for it. And hope for $1500 - I couldn't knowingly sell a car with brake issues. Currently looking for a domestic with a 5 speed, since lower end domestics can usually be had for :10bux: - should have the money to do a $2000-2500 car purchase by the end of January, which will land me in a newer Grand Am or something similar (it'll just be a bitch to find one with a manual transmission).

How many miles are on your altima? June 2011 I purchased a 99 Altima for my now exgirlfriend...Paid $2,900 out the door with 200,000 miles on it. Car was $2,500 and was actually the best condition car we saw in our search even with such high miles. We saw much newer cars with half the miles this one had, with tons of obvious mechanical problems. No Records of the timing chain being replaced but it was dead quiet. The issue with the timing chain is there are plastic guides which have a tendency to break off and rattle around in the case right? I believe they just completely eliminated those guides in the 00+ models.

Her car is still kicking with over 220,000 miles. The only things it needed when I was still with her was a new motormount, and new brakes. The only issue with the car was the low fan setting for the AC didn't work. It was a great little car and I was really impressed with it, and the condition was great...one previous owner and he took very good care of it inside and out. Since then my ex gf has backed into a high curb crushing the corner of the rear bumper, driven off the road and hit a metal reflector which scraped and cracked the front bumper and fender. It survived 200k miles without any body damage (minus a replaced sideview mirror) and then she ruins the body in less than a year of ownership.

The only thing I miss from that relationship is the altima!

Some Guy From NY fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 22, 2012

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I picked up :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND'S:siren: freebie '95 Lancer that's been sitting in her mum's front yard for about a year. It has a cracked header and as we found out about a kilometer from where we started, a dry radiator which I probably should have checked but didn't, because I'm a complete loving idiot. :downs:
I'm gonna spruce it up a bit and sell comparatively cheap so the Christmas break doesn't leave me eating out of my neighbor's bins or something.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Sold it!

After having it on kijiji for 2+ months, found a buyer.

Will be posting on the new vehicle once its finished (bit of a story).

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy From NY posted:

How many miles are on your altima? June 2011 I purchased a 99 Altima for my now exgirlfriend...Paid $2,900 out the door with 200,000 miles on it. Car was $2,500 and was actually the best condition car we saw in our search even with such high miles. We saw much newer cars with half the miles this one had, with tons of obvious mechanical problems. No Records of the timing chain being replaced but it was dead quiet. The issue with the timing chain is there are plastic guides which have a tendency to break off and rattle around in the case right? I believe they just completely eliminated those guides in the 00+ models.

The common KA24DE timing chain issue is the plastic guides for the upper chain break, then the metal backing that the plastic attaches to destroys the chain over time. The official TSB is to remove the guides from the upper chain, and I believe they stopped installing the guides entirely from the factory for the 99 model year (at least, mine doesn't look like they were ever installed).

Mine is either a broken guide on the lower chain or a tensioner flaking out (maybe both - I got a couple of chunks of plastic out during oil changes). You can hear it smacking the timing cover really bad for about 5 seconds if it's been sitting more than an hour or two, and there's a coolant passage through the cover (the water pump attaches to the cover on the RWD version; they plugged the opening on the FWD and moved the pump to a bracket). I'll see if I can get a cold start video in the morning, it sounds really nasty until the oil pressure comes up.

I'm a bit shy of 170k, purchased with 130k 2 1/2 years ago for $2500. The RF corner has been in some kind of.. altercation at some point, but still has the original panels (new paint and probably some hidden bondo on that corner). If the timing chain wasn't such a bitch to get to I'd have no problems keeping it, it runs great and drives good.

e: turns out the master cylinder did indeed take a poo poo, it didn't appreciate the bleeding. Well, 14 years and nearly 170k from the original isn't too bad, I suppose. It still drives fine, and stops fine (in a straight line, even!), but the pedal slowly sinks to the floor when I'm sitting at, say, a red light, coupled with a weird "whoosh/gurgle" noise from the other side of the firewall. $56 at Autozone (plus core) for a reman, or $48 from Rockauto + shipping... I'll snag the Autozone part after work tomorrow. Looks like replacing everything in the rear brakes (which I was already planning on - drums, wheel cylinders, springs, shoes) will be around $150 on top of that if I order from Rockauto, I'll get everything ordered, take a day off work, and rent a lift for a few hours at the DIY shop after new years. May as well do it all at once instead of bleeding it once after the new master cylinder, then again after the new rear brake poo poo, since it still stops fine (even if I slam on the brakes)... the pedal just slowwwwly sinks to the floor over about 30 seconds.

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

*STR sells Altima*

*AI closes next day due to inactivity*

Nah, between Viggen and Motronic, the forum is full of bitching and :spergin: wars, even without me. :v:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 23, 2012

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
It rained hard for the first time since a cyclone hit us in two years ago so maturely I went to get new wipers blades.

$22 bucks fitted? okay then supercheap. I'll bite. When I arrived there was no one else getting wiper blades fitted. By the time he was finished (about five minutes later) six people are standing in the rain next to their cars waiting for the dude to come change theirs.

Also I drove past the fire crew cutting a dude out of a Mitsubishi Magna that had under-steered straight into a traffic island complete with traffic lights. Those things are scary to drive in the wet; 3000lb of fwd sedan with a heavy 155kw engine is just asking for under steer.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

tobu posted:

It rained hard for the first time since a cyclone hit us in two years ago so maturely I went to get new wipers blades.

$22 bucks fitted? okay then supercheap.

You do realize it takes all of 15 seconds to swap a wiper blade on the majority of vehicles, right?

$22 is still cheap if they're decent blades, but for that price I'm gonna guess they only last 6 months, at best, since it included installation.

And 155 kw of FWD fury in 3000 lbs really isn't a huge amount of power by today's standards. :colbert: (but it's still fun)

e: got sideswiped again yesterday. other guy took off after pretty much ripping off my front bumper. I've been using my old phone as a dashcam, and had very clear video (his license plate is readable in it), plus witnesses that stopped. Dallas PD told me "take it up with your insurance" and refused to send anybody out, and when I tried to file a written report at a station, they told me they won't accept a report if there's no injuries. I already have one hit-and-run claim this year, I'll likely get dropped if I do another one. gently caress you, DPD. :argh: Can't wait to GTFO of here..

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 23, 2012

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dallas PD told me "take it up with your insurance" and refused to send anybody out, and when I tried to file a written report at a station, they told me they won't accept a report if there's no injuries. I already have one hit-and-run claim this year, I'll likely get dropped if I do another one. gently caress you, DPD. :argh: Can't wait to GTFO of here..

Its pretty much the same everywhere else. I had three accidents in the past three years - two of them the other guy stopped but law enforcement couldn't be bothered to find fault, and the last was a hit and run and the responding officer wrote me a ticket that I was able to get tossed out in court. It seems to me that if you aren't speeding/blowing through red lights or driving impaired cops just don't give a gently caress and asking them to do their job is too much.

OTOH, I'm sure your insurance will be interested in going after the other guy if you have video footage of the accident...

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

e: got sideswiped again yesterday. other guy took off after pretty much ripping off my front bumper. I've been using my old phone as a dashcam, and had very clear video (his license plate is readable in it), plus witnesses that stopped. Dallas PD told me "take it up with your insurance" and refused to send anybody out, and when I tried to file a written report at a station, they told me they won't accept a report if there's no injuries. I already have one hit-and-run claim this year, I'll likely get dropped if I do another one. gently caress you, DPD. :argh: Can't wait to GTFO of here..

drat US insurance will drop you for just that? Glad I don't have to deal with that.

By the way what dashcam app are you using on the phone? (I'm assuming its running the Android OS)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

dissss posted:

drat US insurance will drop you for just that? Glad I don't have to deal with that.

That's pretty much the entire US insurance industry in a nutshell; "we'll gladly take your money, but once you actually need our services its in the best interest of our shareholders to drop you like a hot rock."

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It sounds like you might have gotten a neck injury. Maybe you should talk to the police again, sometimes whiplash takes a day or two to show up.

Seriously, gently caress hit and run drivers.

(the one time I got whiplash it actually did take a day to show up - backed into a tree/stump I didn't see offroad so hard that it bent a 2x6 structural steel tube rear bumper, one of the muscles on the front of my neck got sore as hell the next day and it took a few days to go away)

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

kastein posted:

It sounds like you might have gotten a neck injury. Maybe you should talk to the police again, sometimes whiplash takes a day or two to show up.

Seriously, gently caress hit and run drivers.

(the one time I got whiplash it actually did take a day to show up - backed into a tree/stump I didn't see offroad so hard that it bent a 2x6 structural steel tube rear bumper, one of the muscles on the front of my neck got sore as hell the next day and it took a few days to go away)

This. When I got in my accident almost seven months ago, I felt ok shortly after. The next day I was sore and after a few MRIs I found out I had two bulging discs, one herniated disc, one slightly fractured disc, a torn ligament and damaged rotator cuff in my left shoulder. It's not fun :( To contribute, I finally changed my oil the other day in the Civic. The pan that's on there is all kinds of bent up. I have the new one, but I can't get the exhaust bolts out to reach the final few bolts on the pan. The previous owner stripped almost every bolt down there.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 24, 2012

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Went to the VW and muttered a few words of remembrance at it. The PO was a good friend of mine. While I don't have a very good grasp of time I think it was more or less two years to the day now he died. I also remembered another friend who died many years ago today. She was pulling a christmas tree out for her family with a tractor which rolled back and killed her. I really do not like this time of year.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
It would appear this FM craze is here to stay, so I replaced the AM radio in the pickup with the world's cheapest am/fm radio I could get at autozone. It's nice to have low volume again, and even a tape deck with an aux input!

Although I haven't put the dash front back on as I'm a little nervous about cutting it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Geoj posted:

That's pretty much the entire US insurance industry in a nutshell; "we'll gladly take your money, but once you actually need our services its in the best interest of our shareholders to drop you like a hot rock."

Yeah, with more than a random claim here and there, they either drop you or make your rates so high that you're forced to go elsewhere.

My insurance on the Accord was $750/year, after a total loss claim (vandalism) my rates shot up to $1900/yr. Amica was more than happy to take me on for less than I ever paid the previous company (AAA Texas).

dissss posted:

By the way what dashcam app are you using on the phone? (I'm assuming its running the Android OS)

Correct on Android. Dailyroads Voyager, but it eats the loving battery alive since it keeps the screen on and also logs GPS (location and speed). It's a bit finicky with Samsung devices (with the occasional frozen video), but for now it's running on my old phone - Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB (Sprint). My new phone (LG Nexus 4) only has 16GB, and being Nexus devices, there's no expandable memory on either of them :arghfist:, so until I pay my final bill with Sprint the Galaxy Nexus is serving dashcam duty. Once the bill is paid, I'll verify the ESN is clear and hopefully sell it for $200 or so. Also selling my 360 and a bunch of random poo poo that's been sitting in the garage for the past couple of years.

I'll eventually pick up a cheapish dashcam setup, something that can be attached to, say, the back of the rearview mirror, with decent enough resolution to hopefully make out a license plate. If nothing else, anytime a delivery guy is in an accident, most people immediately start screaming "THE PIZZA GUY HIT ME OH MY GAWD I'M GONNA SUE!!!11!1!". My insurance will drop me immediately if they get wind of this anyway (because insurance for this would be $500+/month), but at least I could cover my rear end if I get hit on the job again. The only other time I've been in an accident while delivering is when a kid ran out in front of the car in front of me, I hit my brakes, Volvo behind me couldn't stop in time and left an imprint of their license plate and fog lights on my back bumper. At least that was a clear cut case of the guy behind me following too closely, and frankly, that car was beat up enough that I didn't give two shits (plus I had warrants at the time anyway, so involving cops would have been bad...)

And for content, I did this today on the way home from work. How appropriate for Christmas Eve!

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 25, 2012

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Not much but I noticed the odometer had ticked up to a neat 290 000 km. In spite of its other issues it still doesn't burn oil and it's still clean as honey between changes. Speaking of which it's horribly overdue for one. If I wasn't hanging on to the last of my $ for fuel money I'd go to Repco because they have oil heavily reduced for their post xmas sales. I'd need a new filter too of course. Had to get one of those 3 clawed filter wrench things to do it on the Ford because the only way to reach the filter is end-on through the K frame. 0 leverage any other way. I asked a Ford tech about it and he said that the claw was the only way it was physically possible.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Gave it a wash after getting 8 litres per 100 k's all the way to Melbourne. Also got a friend to give the bonnet a cut and polish, and like all friends do, buffed over the logo..

I love the look of dark cars clean but maintaining said cleanness is a losing battle.

Also got it tinted to fight the perpetual summer heat here in :australia:. It's now exactly how I want it. (Minus the bigger engine).

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

gently caress winter. Literally 5 minutes after I crashed and did this, a salt truck passed by. Merry freaking Christmas.
I can only hope that my bumper and tie rod are the only things hosed up...

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
A little progress on the ratrod. I finished basic welding of the frame...

And my buddy decided to throw it on the axles and drop the body on so we could start to make decisions about what to do next.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

fingerling posted:

Gave it a wash after getting 8 litres per 100 k's all the way to Melbourne. Also got a friend to give the bonnet a cut and polish, and like all friends do, buffed over the logo..

I love the look of dark cars clean but maintaining said cleanness is a losing battle.

Also got it tinted to fight the perpetual summer heat here in :australia:. It's now exactly how I want it. (Minus the bigger engine).

RACV thinks tinting is bullshit.

http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Internet/Primary/my+car/car+safety/safety+equipment/window+tinting
Well I think they are bullshit. Nyahh! Well, not them in general but one absolute dick that drove off and left us stranded then was eventually recalled by RACV then dropped us at the wrong place. What the gently caress was I saying?

Oh yeah... Over the past week I've been perplexed by the VTEC, yo! effect the Fairlane seemed to be having at about 3000rpm. It was just the hose I used here I cut out a cracked bit of the charcoal canister vac line had cracked. It had slipped off again so I stole a hose clamp from my vac / pressure gauge. It's not using it hanging in the shed. Made it a bit happier again. This is another section of the same bastardized vacuum line that's given me grief in the past. For whatever reason Ford thought it'd be a great idea to put a rubber vacuum line between the plenum and one of the heads, make it hard to access, and also make it maybe 1/4" on one end, but have a stretched out end that fits on to the plenum about 1/2" dia. which of course cracked and broke off leaving a sucking chest wound. I used "normal" hoses and a couple of brass barb connectors to make an adaptor to fix that. But that was ages ago.

Man, I hope that refrigerant refill kit gets through customs :(

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If I could be permitted to throw some science at this, heat has the following ways of being transmitted (I'm leaving advection out since it doesn't apply):
  • Convection
  • Conduction
  • Radiation
Here on Earth we receive our heat from the sun in the form of thermal radiation. When your car is hot on the inside it's from the thermal radiation acting on the surfaces inside your vehicle. Tinting your windows effectively blocks some of this thermal radiation from acting on the surfaces inside your car, but the energy is instead transferred into the window itself, which then heats the air immediately adjacent to the window via conduction, which is then cycled slowly through the inside of the car by convection. So really it's all in what you prefer. IMO because tinting your windows decreases the surface area available on which thermal radiation can act, it should serve to slow down the heating process. I would think the overall temperature inside the car would eventually heat up to the same amount as if you didn't have tinting. I would also think that when you are inside your car, tinting prevents the thermal radiation from acting on your skin, which can make it more comfortable anyways.

Anyways I'm no engineer but I think that makes sense and this RACV group can gently caress itself.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Put the snow tires from my wife's Mazda 6 (she has all-seasons with >60% tread and my car is more capable in the snow w/manual transmission and LSD anyways) on my Focus yesterday to replace the nearly bald/flat spotted all seasons I was just barely scraping by on. They're 10% larger than stock (205/60 vs 205/50) and only rub against the wheel well at the stops.

I forgot how much better snow tires are in the snow. My previous employer didn't see any reason to equip their company cars with snow tires unless you lived in a mountainous region, so I've been suffering through with low rolling resistance all seasons for the past five winters.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

tinting stuff
You make valid points and I agree, even simply from noting that being in a car with a tint on a hot day is more bearable than one without.

I did something today. Topped up the aircon. It was on ~15PSI if I recall. I took it up to the lower end of the normal range. Not sure if I should put in another can or not. Pretty sure it would still be normal if I did, but more isn't always better.

It seems a little sluggish to start but it could be because the car idles at something like 600rpm and barely gets above 1000rpm around town. I just gave it a quick test. Blows cold enough I think.
I'm seriously thinking the fan is a bit anaemic and will have to check the manual to see if there's a filter that may have clogged a bit.

edit: 15 not 25. I can't do numbers good.

General_Failure fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 28, 2012

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
I prepped for a road trip. Christmas day was with my Wife's family. This weekend is with mine in NE Ohio. I inflated all the tires, even the full sized spare which was sitting at 7psi. Washed, waxed the car. Put on RainX, checked all the fluids and put a trickle charger on the battery. I am ready for this roadtrip. But if any of you have a spare, check the pressure in it.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
With no tinting, the radiation from the sun passes through the glass and gets absorbed by your skin, which not only increases your risk of cancer but also causes you to feel warm. Its the same reason stepping into the sun on a cold day will make you feel warmer, even though the air around you is the same temperature.:eng101:

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

General_Failure posted:

Man, I hope that refrigerant refill kit gets through customs :(

Oooo who did you use who ships to Australia?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

With no tinting, the radiation from the sun passes through the glass and gets absorbed by your skin, which not only increases your risk of cancer but also causes you to feel warm. Its the same reason stepping into the sun on a cold day will make you feel warmer, even though the air around you is the same temperature.:eng101:

Most cars have a light factory tint that will block UV anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

dissss posted:

Most cars have a light factory tint that will block UV anyway

Glass alone blocks UV (at varying degrees of efficacy). :science: