Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gnome7 posted:

Fixed that for you.

And finally we have names for the entire class! And abilities for a bunch of people we haven't seen before! I wonder which of the two is better, the boy's side best marksman or the girl's side best marksman? And the same question for the knife handlers too. I wonder if that is something we'll find out later.

Inevitable 'sports' day chapter coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Well, for all of you wondering home come we haven't seen Class E using their badass military training to stealthily own bullies, there you go.

Also cool getting a good look at who's who and what they can do in this chapter. Somebody should match the captions about individual students' skill-sets to the class diagram at the beginning.

Yeah I loved this. It would have been nice to see a second person locked in the other bathroom once they finally got there, but I guess that's plenty.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

tsob posted:

Most stories perhaps, but not all stories. I doubt you'll find many people who'll say that Rendevous with Rama is a bad story for instance, but it's definitely more about the mystery of Rama and themes of scienctific hope than the characters themselves.

There's a joke about science fiction and sperglords who don't understand actual people enough to understand characterization in there, but I'm not about to speak ill of Arthur C. Clarke.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Without a doubt, this is the best chapter yet.

Though I'm sure that eventually the rear end in a top hat board member will get his comeuppance, and when he does THAT will be the best chapter yet. I can hardly wait!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

MadRhetoric posted:

There's a joke about science fiction and sperglords who don't understand actual people enough to understand characterization in there, but I'm not about to speak ill of Arthur C. Clarke.

I make no debate that the characters in Rendevous with Rama are well written, relatable or human - only that they aren't the focus of the story. They don't change much/at all over the course of the story, nor do we find out how the trip to Rama affects them following the trip and the story doesn't try to make you guess about their intentions. All that kind of thing is saved for Rama itself.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Somebody should match the captions about individual students' skill-sets to the class diagram at the beginning.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Add 'Least Empathy' for Karma and we are set.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
And "Best at Being a Prick" goes to Terasaka, of course.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Updated accordingly.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's a nice touch that the knife experts are all right up close to Koro-sensei, where he's at close range.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Just noticed that Korosensei is casually eating his teacup on page 12. Aliens are weird.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.

Oxxidation posted:

Just noticed that Korosensei is casually eating his teacup on page 12. Aliens are weird.

How rude!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/ansatsu_kyoushitsu/v03/c025/1.html

EDIT: Man, I'm so hyped for the arrival of the second transfer student.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 24, 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bitch-sensei is the worst teacher and no student should be forced to watch Sex and the City.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

It ended too soon. Again.

I would never get my L's and R's right in this class.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
So apparently the next transfer student to come in is the Hulk or someshit jesus christ.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I'm going with the next student not even being a human....again. I actually want a animal, who is really smart! That would be kinda cool for me.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
This manga is more adorable than a story about child soldiers fighting Cthulhu has any right to be. :3:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

So apparently the next transfer student to come in is the Hulk or someshit jesus christ.

Either that or some sort of demolitions expert, though I don't know how well a bomber in a classroom would fly with the censors.

edit: wait, just noticed that the tank's barrel was bend like a drat drinking straw. Now I don't know what to think.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:tinfoil: It is either saitama or genos, I am telling you man, but i'm leaning towards a murder-cyborg. :tinfoil:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Given the last transfer student is a machine lifeform, I'd be inclined to say this one will be too, to keep with the theme. On the other hand, in order to avoid it being too close in concept to Ritsu, I'd guess Replicant, genetically engineered superhuman or cyborg. Almost positive it's gonna be a boy, though.

The artist did a good job on accurately capturing Sarah Jessica Parker's horse face, I thought. I imagine that the whole R/L distinction must've been a nightmare to native Japanese unless they just used the English letters?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Is anyone else worried that this may never get licensed because of the Sandy Hook shooting?

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
Would you say its ironic that this manga is almost the exact opposite of that?

I'm sort of worried about the same thing though. Battle Royale had similar problems (although it was way more extreme, admittedly)

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Clearly the next student is Golgo.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Popehoist posted:

Clearly the next student is Golgo.

And suddenly I realize how this series has to end.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Oxxidation posted:

Either that or some sort of demolitions expert, though I don't know how well a bomber in a classroom would fly with the censors.

edit: wait, just noticed that the tank's barrel was bend like a drat drinking straw. Now I don't know what to think.

That weird oil Korosensei produces has thwarted a lot of assassination attempts. They've finally figured out how to turn that strength against him

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

Has there been any JoJo's references yet?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Chapter 26

Poor Karasuma.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno, he seems to be coping pretty well with it.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

I think you meant to say "Poor Korosensei."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I actually don't know if Korosensei's plan is either to legitimally help Irina or if he's just trolling with the adults :allears:.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
That face Irina made at the end really reminded me of the expressions in "Bo-Bobo". :aaa:

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

DrSunshine posted:

That face Irina made at the end really reminded me of the expressions in "Bo-Bobo". :aaa:

It reminded me a bit of Enel-face.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
That one seemed really short.

I half expected him to just straight up kill both assassins. Or at least disable them. I know they can't do stuff like that but he seems like the type to sacrifice people for a free shot.

At this point I don't even get why they're still even bothering with knife training. They should start reading Flash comics and just copy anything that works on him.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
They ought not to do that. Koro's pretty awesome, but he's got nothing on Flash's retardo speeds and lifting anything from that mess of a character is a bad precedent.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
That and half the people Flash fights are essentially deities wielding technology that may as well be magic and in one case wielding technology so advanced it is indistinguishable from magic.

And a guy that throws boomerangs

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

SirDan3k posted:

And a guy that throws boomerangs

poo poo, how did Flash win against that?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Two Tone Shoes posted:

They ought not to do that. Koro's pretty awesome, but he's got nothing on Flash's retardo speeds and lifting anything from that mess of a character is a bad precedent.

I don't really know much about flash outside the justice league cartoon. He got hit by stuff pretty regularly on that. Koro can move fast enough to leave 30 distinct afterimages of himself while holding 30 distinct conversations at once.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I love the Flash but he kind of doesn't make sense because he is literally faster than light and still fights people who are just dudes with cool guns.

I mean his thinking and reflexes are so fast he can feel a bullet start to hit him, vibrate through it, change into costume then put the dude in prison in a second. He makes Superman look like a pussy. :flashfact:

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The Flash isn't that fast. But there are a lot of ways this could end that are worse than bringing in the psychic gorilla.

• Locked thread