Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Holy crap that's perfect, an old-timey reporter complete with hat, press-card and flashbulb, and a guy with a smartphone right behind him.

The best part is that there's no context for him. That's the first and only time that guy appears in the issue. Pretty much the entire issue could show up in this thread because of that and stuff like the room that goes "boop boop" and how Medusa fights Mole Man's monster in a nightie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

muscles like this? posted:

Pretty much the entire issue could show up in this thread because of that and stuff like the room that goes "boop boop" and how Medusa fights Mole Man's monster in a nightie.

Oh man you're not kidding, Medusa trying to figure out why she isn't getting her breakfast was incredible.

FF Vol 2, Issue 2.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tell me about it. Same issue:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wonder Woman #15: Hera can be a real bitch sometimes

Hecuba
Jul 20, 2005

What we do is invent our images. And we build them.
May I make a request for the Spider-man and (I believe) Hawkguy sequence where the latter is complaining about Ben Grimm's constant use of catchphrases and talking about Yancy Street? There's a great payoff a couple of pages later where the Thing starts a story with "Back on Yancy Street..." and Spidey just resignedly shushes him.

In return, a classic piece of insanity from the DC Super Dictionary:

Of all the gems the dictionary has to offer, this may be my absolute favorite.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Hecuba posted:

May I make a request for the Spider-man and (I believe) Hawkguy sequence where the latter is complaining about Ben Grimm's constant use of catchphrases and talking about Yancy Street? There's a great payoff a couple of pages later where the Thing starts a story with "Back on Yancy Street..." and Spidey just resignedly shushes him.

Yep, I've still got those sitting in my images folder! Along with this "Avengers dicking around" scene:

Anyway, action time, Carnage is attacking, Cap wants to leave, Spidey points out that they should get a sonic cannon from the FF to fight symbiotes.

Then of course, a page or two later...

Carnage USA #1

I'm so disappointed that Minimum Carnage was such a letdown after Carnage and Carnage USA were so good.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 21, 2012

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Hecuba posted:

In return, a classic piece of insanity from the DC Super Dictionary:

Of all the gems the dictionary has to offer, this may be my absolute favorite.

I find the Super Dictionary kinda starts to make sense if you read it as an Elseworlds where all the "heroes" are petty dicks who just go around trolling the hell out of everyone.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

I can just hear it in my head. The guy behind Supes is just seething with rage. You loving rear end in a top hat my car is on the bottom

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Superman's so awesomely passive aggressive, "Oh yeah, I just loving love the part where everyone talks through the movie."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wendell posted:

Superman's so awesomely passive aggressive, "Oh yeah, I just loving love the part where everyone talks through the movie."

The guy who is talking is bald, so it could be Luthor. Those two guys are enemies just about everywhere it seems.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Coughing Hobo posted:

I can just hear it in my head. The guy behind Supes is just seething with rage. You loving rear end in a top hat my car is on the bottom

"I'm already late for work, man! What is this, your incredible power of Super-douchiness?"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Coughing Hobo posted:

That guy's reaction is the best because Superman's pose couldn't be worse. "It's me, your beloved Superman!"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"I'm already late for work, man! What is this, your incredible power of Super-douchiness?"

Oh, like that's not completely in character for Superman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funny panel from Hawkguy #6

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hawkeye #6 was brilliant and probably my favourite issue so far. It's like the superhero equivalent of a Chris Ware book.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

muscles like this? posted:

Funny panel from Hawkguy #6

Doctor Druid is back?! :woop:

(I have a soft spot for heroes who aren't chiseled and don't have a beautiful head of hair.)

VVVV Aw. :eng99:

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 21, 2012

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

prefect posted:

Doctor Druid is back?! :woop:

(I have a soft spot for heroes who aren't chiseled and don't have a beautiful head of hair.)

No, that panel immediately follows this one:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
All this talk of the Super Dictionary, and nobody posts the most well-known part?

And that's terrible.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

From Ultimate Spider-Man 18

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dacap posted:

Miles is living up to the Spider-Man legacy.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

From Uncanny X-Men #47, the look on Bobby's face is the perfect mix of :stare: and :getin:.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

TwoPair posted:

Then of course, a page or two later...

Does Spidey not remember that Carnage is immune to sonics? I see to remember that as a plot point in Maximum Carnage. That's why they needed Firestar to help take him down.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Vicissitude posted:

Does Spidey not remember that Carnage is immune to sonics? I see to remember that as a plot point in Maximum Carnage. That's why they needed Firestar to help take him down.
You might be right, but Maximum Carnage is a bad story and Carnage USA is a good story so just roll with it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vicissitude posted:

You're misremembering. Symbiotes are weak to fire and sonics, and Carnage is no exception. Spidey goes and gets the sonic gun from the FF, they only get Firestar as well to hedge their bets.

I think there's a mention that Carnage seems to react a bit more to fire and a bit less to sonics than Venom but it still works on him.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ManiacClown posted:

From Uncanny X-Men #47, the look on Bobby's face is the perfect mix of :stare: and :getin:.

The girl he's exchanging leers with looks like she could be his grandmother.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

TwoPair posted:

Wonder Woman #15

She is totally checking out Diana's rack.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Dacap posted:

Anyone who's read Gulliver's Travels would know that this can't go anywhere good.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dacap posted:

Someone needs to post the Blue Beetle version of this scene.

"Don't stare. Your mind fixates and then you find yourself surfing through some weird chatrooms."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is there a reason all the Giant Men in Ultimates are actually Giant Women?

I can't remember seeing a huge man for ages now? I think maybe in the arc when vampires attacked the Triskelion, but I've blocked most of that from my memory.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gavok posted:

"Don't stare. Your mind fixates and then you find yourself surfing through some weird chatrooms."

"We have to help with his fight! WE HAVE TO HELP WITH HIS SEXY FIGHT!"

Ah, the days before Black Beetle... :gbsmith:

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I can't remember seeing a huge man for ages now? I think maybe in the arc when vampires attacked the Triskelion, but I've blocked most of that from my memory.
Most likely just because they wanted to do Ultimate Cassie Lang

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

Gavok posted:

There's your answer.

World's Finest 189, one of the stranger stories in a series of strange stories.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Blue Beetle 19

bahamutkod
Sep 17, 2006

HA HA! CHIRP! CHIRP!

Super Dan posted:

Blue Beetle 19

That is MY HOUSE!

Put it down you are a giant

It doesn't even fit.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If Giganta still wears her old short animal print dress costume, it might be worse.

So be thankful Giganta decided she should get on with the times.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jetfire posted:

Anyone who's read Gulliver's Travels would know that this can't go anywhere good.
Or Geoff Johns's Avengers run.

Avengers (some volume) #71

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That is the worst thing I have ever seen.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

Or Geoff Johns's Avengers run.

Avengers (some volume) #71

I have a feeling he should be more drippy from moisture.
:krakken:

Also, god dammit. The blue beetle one was funny, this one is kinda disturbing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gorilla Salad posted:

If memory serves they decided that since the female body can handle extreme g forces better than a man's it would translate over to the size changing process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Drifter posted:

I have a feeling he should be more drippy from moisture.

Looking at how his face and shoulder are drawn, hmm, I think he looks pretty uh, moist.

• Locked thread