Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

SpookyLizard posted:

I lvoe the attitude that people have about their mods like they actually own them. (instead of bethesda, who actually does)

It is just plain sad with smaller game communities like Mount And Blade because even if the mod dies halfway through and the modders vanish the assets apparently are protected by this magical sacred opinion because god forbid you share because modding a several year old game slightly might be that magical ticket to becoming the next John Romero.

Well, they have his old ego down to pat in advance anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Hey, I'm shortly to head over to the Big MT but I hate the long restock time for the sink and the instant enemy spawns something fierce. I think a while back I saw a mention of some Big MT-related tweaks for these factors, can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

StandardVC10 posted:

Hey, I'm shortly to head over to the Big MT but I hate the long restock time for the sink and the instant enemy spawns something fierce. I think a while back I saw a mention of some Big MT-related tweaks for these factors, can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Puce Moose's Tweak and Balances for Old World Blues.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48671

Released that Combat Shotgun for NV now.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

More merged patches for CCO! This time it's Classic Perks and Damage Resistance that have gotten the fusion treatment. Download them here, and let me know how they work.

Incidentally, I haven't forgotten about that Wild Wasteland mod either; I just have a lot of irons in the fire.

I think between Manos, Twin Peaks, and Homestuck I'm all set to bridge the generational gap in one mod

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Cirosan posted:

More merged patches for CCO! This time it's Classic Perks and Damage Resistance that have gotten the fusion treatment. Download them here, and let me know how they work.

Are these merged patches intended for all CCO users? I already use Project Nevada + CCO and use FNVEdit to generate a Merged Patch for those two plus all my other mods, should I install these new CCO merged patches too?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Gonna be picking this up once it goes on sale on Steam. Played the poo poo out of it on Xbox when it came out so I'm gonna be going with all the mods I can find to make it interesting again, balance or lore be damned. First thing will be to remove the level cap, since maxing out my dude is always the thing that makes me bored of replaying RPGs before I can finish them. The one that makes your level cap 100 is currently hidden in the nexus though, is it available for download anywhere? Failing that, any good alternatives?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PN has a level cap slider.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Do you mean Project Nevada? If so, are these

Terrible design choices posted:

Dynamic Crosshair
This feature causes the crosshair to expand and contract dynamically based on the player's current gun spread.

First-person Visor Overlays for helmets
Helmets and other headgear now get immersive first-person overlays and vision effects.
Based on the item condition, cracks and scratches will show up on the visor as well.

Immersive Health Visuals
With decreasing health, the player's vision gets weak and blurry, creating an immersive feedback mechanism for you current health.

possible to edit out somehow?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
All of those can be turned off with the in-game PN settings. It's VERY modular.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah. That's the best part about it's rebalance mod; It's very customizable, and it's basically the main reason to use PN. The inventory sorter is a great reason to use it too. I just hate how it doesn't always like working with modded items.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

The max level is 50 though, unless I installed the mod wrong? :confused:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's worth mentioning that Project Nevada actually has real menus with checkboxes and sliders and is part of a new ESC menu listing, not just the in game dialog popups that a lot of mods use for configuration.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."
Is there a reason why my game could be crashing when I open containers or talk to NPCs? My game runs perfectly until that happens. It also wasn't happening before today, and I haven't installed any new mods either. I googled it, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem.

Ace Oliveira fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 21, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Memory issues, corruption of something, mod interactions/loving with lists. Is it ANY contianer/NPC, or specific ones? Did you run BOSS or anything anytime recently? gently caress with any XML anythings? Because it sounds like either a case of too many mods, some interaction loving up lists, or something loving with the menus. I had an issue where WME was ordered wrongly it hosed up any npc vendor to cause CTD's.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

SpookyLizard posted:

Memory issues, corruption of something, mod interactions/loving with lists. Is it ANY contianer/NPC, or specific ones? Did you run BOSS or anything anytime recently? gently caress with any XML anythings? Because it sounds like either a case of too many mods, some interaction loving up lists, or something loving with the menus. I had an issue where WME was ordered wrongly it hosed up any npc vendor to cause CTD's.

I never messed with XML files. But I agree with you on it probably being too many mods. I'll look on making a merged patch, see if it fixes it.

The specific containers are the mailboxes and a few NPCs, like Cobb. Other NPCs are functioning.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Has anyone tried Tale of Two Wastelands? My understanding is that it's the revamp of Requiem for the Capital Wasteland, and since Fallout 3 is bound to end up going ot 75% at some point in the steam sale, I figure I might be as well to give it a shot. Is it buggy? Any significant changes beyond just straight up porting in all the assets (like changing the bobbleheads or something)?

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
I'm playing with it atm and it actually is stabler than vanilla FO3, go figure.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anything in FNV like the awesome "help [word] 0" command in Skyrim, that allows an in-game search for a formID across all mods?

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Parker Lewis posted:

Are these merged patches intended for all CCO users? I already use Project Nevada + CCO and use FNVEdit to generate a Merged Patch for those two plus all my other mods, should I install these new CCO merged patches too?
The merged patches just merge all of the DLC compatibility patches together; Project Nevada patches are still separate. They don't do anything the compatibility patches don't already do - they're just for people who have all the DLCs and want less mods cluttering their load order.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

Anything in FNV like the awesome "help [word] 0" command in Skyrim, that allows an in-game search for a formID across all mods?

I think that was added in response to hairpulling over being unable to do it in FO3/NV

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Steam overlay.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SpookyLizard posted:

Steam overlay.

What do you mean?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

What do you mean?

While it's necessarily as useful as help, if it's in the vanilla/dlc you can find everything on the fallout wikia, and if it's in a mod, there's a chance the modder posted stuff online.

Also, there's GBO. it's a console command from NVSE (Which didn't make it into SKSE as far as I know). It stands for GetBaseObject. You feed it a refID (like the one you get from click on ED-E, punch in gbo, and it'll return her original baseID. So you can use setEssential on her or whatever you like.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SpookyLizard posted:

While it's necessarily as useful as help, if it's in the vanilla/dlc you can find everything on the fallout wikia, and if it's in a mod, there's a chance the modder posted stuff online.

Also, there's GBO. it's a console command from NVSE (Which didn't make it into SKSE as far as I know). It stands for GetBaseObject. You feed it a refID (like the one you get from click on ED-E, punch in gbo, and it'll return her original baseID. So you can use setEssential on her or whatever you like.

Well, I'd usually just check that on my phone. The problem is with mods that don't list formIDs on their page, the vast majority of them. But thanks anyway.

ED-E's a he, though. :shobon:

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!

SplitSoul posted:

I still have trouble accepting this. I think it's because I've always pronounced his name as Edie (eedee) instead of Eddie. It made Lonesome Road super weird for me.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Eldoop posted:

I still have trouble accepting this. I think it's because I've always pronounced his name as Edie (eedee) instead of Eddie. It made Lonesome Road super weird for me.

I'm the exact same way. "Eedee" just seems for fitting for the little bucket of scraps :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
ED-E is such a Happy Drone

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Well, I'd usually just check that on my phone. The problem is with mods that don't list formIDs on their page, the vast majority of them. But thanks anyway.

tbh I wrote ED-E but was thinking Veronica.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
ED-E's a "she" because I saw her vergina once and also she has breasts. Supple, aluminum breasts.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
ED-E is a she because I modded boobs and a dong onto her

Sizzled Chicken
Sep 3, 2011
I'm having a bit of a problem. I did a clean install of all my mods and the game but when I deleted The Armory FOMM had an error and crashed. Now when I try to delete it it keeps giving me the error and crashes. So I just ignored it and added in all my mods again and now I have two copies of The Armory, I can't install either, and I can't delete either. I uninstalled and reinstalled FOMM and it's still there. How do I get rid of it?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Eldoop posted:

It made me completely miss the whole "Eddie my love" pun.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Chronojam posted:

It made me completely miss the whole "Eddie my love" pun.

On that note, why is like every Sidequest in this game a reference to a song

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

On that note, why is like every Sidequest in this game a reference to a song

Because it's awesome. The Secret Stash mod added like 60 new tracks that matched the song-quest names and they all work pretty well.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Reveilled posted:

Has anyone tried Tale of Two Wastelands? My understanding is that it's the revamp of Requiem for the Capital Wasteland, and since Fallout 3 is bound to end up going ot 75% at some point in the steam sale, I figure I might be as well to give it a shot. Is it buggy? Any significant changes beyond just straight up porting in all the assets (like changing the bobbleheads or something)?

I play with it sometimes. Things have come a long way since RFCW, to the point where it's no longer a hassle to install. Some bugs still exist, but that's to be expected in a mod of this scale. I do have some complaints about it, such as they don't give you a choice of which wasteland to start in because MY IMMERSION or MY FANFICTION or whatever. You're starting in Vault 101, and you're going to like it. That, and it's still sort of wonky to get FO3 mods working with it, when they easily worked with RFCW.

Another complaint is that they add back in the FO3 perk list (barring duplicate/rebalanced perks), which at Level 30, well...Almost Perfect is STILL a bit ridiculous.

It is worth a shot though. It isn't perfect, but if you want to play both FO3 and NV again, it's a pretty good choice.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I'm about to reinstall and dive back in New Vegas after a loooooong hiatus, and have a couple questions... Are the WME and WMX mods still roughly on par with each other; quality-wise? When I was last playing, WMX was still kind of catching up feature-/polish-wise, but I eventually did convert over and was pleased with the experience (so I've played with both).

Also, is Gtab's ammo mod in the OP still a good, relatively bug-free standard to stick with? The one I used to use (forgot the name) got taken down in the typical "cunty Nexus modder gets a critical comment, deletes everything in huff, leaves the community who betrayed him and boy won't we be sorry," fashion, and it never got updated with DLC content. A good ammo improvement/standardization/crafting mod is a must-have for me.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I've been using Gtab's ammo mod since it came out and the game feels weird without it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Sizzled Chicken posted:

I'm having a bit of a problem. I did a clean install of all my mods and the game but when I deleted The Armory FOMM had an error and crashed. Now when I try to delete it it keeps giving me the error and crashes. So I just ignored it and added in all my mods again and now I have two copies of The Armory, I can't install either, and I can't delete either. I uninstalled and reinstalled FOMM and it's still there. How do I get rid of it?
Erm, I'm not really sure I understand your problem. What is "the error" and what happens when you try to simply delete The Armory's files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Colgate posted:

I play with it sometimes. Things have come a long way since RFCW, to the point where it's no longer a hassle to install. Some bugs still exist, but that's to be expected in a mod of this scale. I do have some complaints about it, such as they don't give you a choice of which wasteland to start in because MY IMMERSION or MY FANFICTION or whatever. You're starting in Vault 101, and you're going to like it. That, and it's still sort of wonky to get FO3 mods working with it, when they easily worked with RFCW.

Another complaint is that they add back in the FO3 perk list (barring duplicate/rebalanced perks), which at Level 30, well...Almost Perfect is STILL a bit ridiculous.

It is worth a shot though. It isn't perfect, but if you want to play both FO3 and NV again, it's a pretty good choice.

Is it compatible with existing saves? I want to take my courier across to the Capital Wasteland. I'm willing to imagine that my courier grew up in Vault 101 if the game wants me to, but I don't want to have to start over.