Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Trying to get the DLC and it's throwing error 500 for PC, anyone else?

Worked for 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Ashex posted:

Trying to get the DLC and it's throwing error 500 for PC, anyone else?

Worked for 360.
PC codes are gone.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

gibbed posted:

PC codes are gone.

that explains the obscene number available

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I really wish there was a way to skip past the fights you do with Lilith and Roland, more so Lilith just because her introductory fight is the most annoying fight in the whole game. "Oh hey need a revive? Let me just phaseblast these enemies you were trying to get a revive off. Wait those are badasses and you actually need my help? gently caress that noise, you've obviously got it. I'm just gonna chill over here and not do a loving thing."

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Emily A. Stanton posted:

That doesn't seem suspicious at all.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forwards to a Maliwan centered DLC. I can imagine some legendary with 3 or 4 elements on it. :3:

If I don't get a grenade that explodes 4 times to bathe the battlefield in Slag, electricity, acid and fire, I will be mighty disappointed.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Just had the worst golden chest ever, opened it up at level 24 because I haven't had a decent weapon drop for awhile on my Mechromancer and I got two relics. One increasing max health and one making DT recharge faster but not as much as the relic I already had equipped does. They were blue as well, I thought golden chest items they were supposed to always be purple?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Badass Surveyors make me want to loving scream. There's no way to escape the goddamned things! I play Zero, so I can get a little relief by dropping my clone and running off, but then they just swoop right back down again.

At least Constructors have become a non-issue since I lucked into getting a Badaboom.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah, I have three characters and surveyors are probably my most hated enemy when I'm using my Gunzerker. With a Siren you can just lock them, and Axton's turret has good tracking, but they're a real pain in the rear end.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
They are the bane of Salvador and Zer0. Everyone else can dispatch them fairly easily.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003
How come sometimes when I loot an item the stats drop in value? I had a blue gun drop last night and before I picked it up it had +95% crit damage, however when I looted it and looked at it the stat changed to +65% crit damage. Since then I've noticed that happening a few times when looting items. What gives?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

If anyone in the next 2 hours feels like dropping me a couple level 50s like a corrosive CC, Two-fer Maggie , Slagga or Babymaker it'd be much appareciated. TVHM Sawtooth Cauldron is kicking my rear end with their level 51 buzzards and poo poo and I just want to finally beat the game with my Zerker.

360: kr0jar

Accidentally stepped on my mic a couple months ago so just send me a message!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Well, game's done. Got no oranges from the Warrior despite reloading and killing it again 3 times over, realized that the DLC missions are hard-capped at level 30, and then started kicking myself for blowing money on the Season Pass. I have got to stop buying those things. First Saint's Row 3, now this.

Is there no longer anything to look forward to except grinding for more pointless loot in a tedious, poorly-balanced New Game+? Because if that's the case I'll probably just move on.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Essential posted:

How come sometimes when I loot an item the stats drop in value? I had a blue gun drop last night and before I picked it up it had +95% crit damage, however when I looted it and looked at it the stat changed to +65% crit damage. Since then I've noticed that happening a few times when looting items. What gives?

I've noticed that happening as well a few times. In fact, my brother and I saw different stats when looking at the same item,even in the trade menu.

When he accepted the trade, the stats dropped to what I had been seeing since I picked it up.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Mokinokaro posted:

They are the bane of Salvador and Zer0. Everyone else can dispatch them fairly easily.

They go down fairly easily if you just quick-scope them while they are flying directly at or away from you (I'm using Zer0 my first run through.)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Philip J Fry posted:

They go down fairly easily if you just quick-scope them while they are flying directly at or away from you (I'm using Zer0 my first run through.)

That's normally true, but Badass Surveyors have enough health to survive two or three passes, and they can also knock out your shield with just a few shots. If you don't have anywhere to take cover, they'll pick you apart.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

A Strange Aeon posted:

I've noticed that happening as well a few times. In fact, my brother and I saw different stats when looking at the same item,even in the trade menu.

When he accepted the trade, the stats dropped to what I had been seeing since I picked it up.

Wow that's really strange. Kind of a bummer that the stats always seem to go down!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Essential posted:

Wow that's really strange. Kind of a bummer that the stats always seem to go down!

Is it maybe adding in your badass ranks and showing them to you when you're about to pick the weapon up?

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

Dewgy posted:

Is it maybe adding in your badass ranks and showing them to you when you're about to pick the weapon up?

Good question. I'll check later tonight and see if thats the case.

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
I logged in today and found that I have 10 golden keys and 10 badass tokens out of nowhere. What did I do??

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Poala Bear posted:

Currently looking for anyone that has level 50 versions of the Legendary Class mods to dupe. In return I have lots of Oranges to dupe for you!

Are you still around? I'd kill for a good Infinity to look forward to.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

StickFigs posted:

I logged in today and found that I have 10 golden keys and 10 badass tokens out of nowhere. What did I do??

Is this your first time logging in since the title update? A few people seemed to have gotten various numbers of keys / tokens since the update.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

raditts posted:

Is this your first time logging in since the title update? A few people seemed to have gotten various numbers of keys / tokens since the update.

I got that too. I think it's a bonus for people who had their bad rear end ranks reset. Mine were wiped at some point and I got the extra keys. A friend of mine who didn't get his stats reset did not get any keys after the update.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
So I've been trying to farm Pyro Pete for the legendary Mechromancer mod for a while now with no luck. If any 360 goons have one I could dupe a level 50 Bee, Conference Call, Hellfire, Bonus Package, Babymaker, Slagga, Striker, Bouncing Bonny, Rolling Thunder, Bitch, Neogenator, Cradle, Fabled Tortoise, Fire Leech, Legendary Berserker or Legendary Assassin. I also have a level 20 Transformer and whatever the Tediore Rocket Launcher is called.

gt: Its Reverend

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just finished the Tourge DLC...wasn't I supposed to get a character head for that?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just finished the Tourge DLC...wasn't I supposed to get a character head for that?

They're in the Torgue vending machines for like 40 torgue tokens

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I am Reverend posted:

They're in the Torgue vending machines for like 40 torgue tokens

You mean at random? gently caress.

Also, I think doing both DLCs back-to-back was a bad idea, because now I'm 10 levels above the story missions I have going into Opportunity.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
anyone playing around the mid 30's? trying to get this mecromancer up. or a mid teens gunzerker. gt: arkitekt4k

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Mokinokaro posted:

They are the bane of Salvador
Do you guys just totally ignore shotguns that aren't Conference Calls? Because you totally shouldn't if you're a Gunzerker. Find a couple of Hyperion single-barrels, one shock, one corrosive. Enjoy a lot deader Surveyors in your life! Barring that, a good Vladof shock Droog sniper rifle (the one with the rotating double barrel) is fantastic for slaughtering them, especially if you have a good ammo regen class mod. Zero should be good to go with one of those, too.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Oxxidation posted:

Is there no longer anything to look forward to except grinding for more pointless loot in a tedious, poorly-balanced New Game+? Because if that's the case I'll probably just move on.

The New Game+ is well balanced and aside from the you knowing the entire plot is better than the first play-through in pretty much every way... :confused:

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

Yeah I'm bad at games and TVHM has been a lot of fun with only a few snags here and there. Most of the cool guns I've picked up have been completely random drops and have come around just as my current weapons have started to lag a bit. Not sure what is meant by poorly balanced.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Illumination posted:

Yeah I'm bad at games and TVHM has been a lot of fun with only a few snags here and there. Most of the cool guns I've picked up have been completely random drops and have come around just as my current weapons have started to lag a bit. Not sure what is meant by poorly balanced.

I was doing okay thoughout most of TVHM, but from about the point where you have to go fight Bunker onward, I started dying like crazy. Sawtooth was ridiculous with those new Gravedigger enemies. Eventually I just stopped and had to grind for a few levels, then things got a bit easier.

Of course, I was going through TVHM without doing any sidequests, so I was about 2 levels below the recommended from Bunker on. That probably had a lot to do with it.

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

qbert posted:

I was doing okay thoughout most of TVHM, but from about the point where you have to go fight Bunker onward, I started dying like crazy. Sawtooth was ridiculous with those new Gravedigger enemies. Eventually I just stopped and had to grind for a few levels, then things got a bit easier.

Of course, I was going through TVHM without doing any sidequests, so I was about 2 levels below the recommended from Bunker on. That probably had a lot to do with it.

Yeah Sawtooth Canyon and on the game definitely ramps it up a bit. Lynchwood was annoying with all the ROUS fuckers. As far as leveling goes I did a bunch of side missions that only rewarded green gear/money/eridium so I was often a level or two above the recommended, so I'm sure that helped. I'm just about to go through Heroes Pass and fight the Warrior and I'm already 50.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

qbert posted:

It's still pretty tough even when you are properly leveled, but yeah, two XP levels behind is about the line in the sand between "possible" and "gently caress that noise."

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

It's still pretty tough even when you are properly leveled, but yeah, two XP levels behind is about the line in the sand between "possible" and "gently caress that noise."

Yeah that was one of those things in TVHM that I both enjoyed and hated. Weapons had such significant leaps in damage level to level from between Lvl 46-50. Replacing my Lvl 46 purple with a 48 green was the difference between near invincible enemies and decently challenging ones.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

I am Reverend posted:

So I've been trying to farm Pyro Pete for the legendary Mechromancer mod for a while now with no luck. If any 360 goons have one I could dupe a level 50 Bee, Conference Call, Hellfire, Bonus Package, Babymaker, Slagga, Striker, Bouncing Bonny, Rolling Thunder, Bitch, Neogenator, Cradle, Fabled Tortoise, Fire Leech, Legendary Berserker or Legendary Assassin. I also have a level 20 Transformer and whatever the Tediore Rocket Launcher is called.

gt: Its Reverend

Father Wendigo posted:

Are you still around? I'd kill for a good Infinity to look forward to.

If you guys are on Xbox, send me an invite (GT is hushi907). I'm not looking for legendary mods anymore, I managed to get all five classes from various goons and lucky Verm kills. I'll be happy to dupe them along with any other legendaries that I have that you might be interested. Just message me what you're looking for! Merry Christmas

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm currently in my first playthrough on 360. Level 26 Commando and level 22 Siren, if anyone feels like having company while they play. Gamertag is Flexible Ethics.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Poala Bear posted:

If you guys are on Xbox, send me an invite (GT is hushi907). I'm not looking for legendary mods anymore, I managed to get all five classes from various goons and lucky Verm kills. I'll be happy to dupe them along with any other legendaries that I have that you might be interested. Just message me what you're looking for! Merry Christmas

Awesome! My invite was sent; you wouldn't need a level 6 infinity for a new character, would you? I could oblige that.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So last night I had insomnia and jumped into a late night game with a guy on my list who was in another game with people trying to kill Hyperius. This is the first time I'd played since the patch and we all got to see how bad The Bee got nerfed. Even with 2 Zer0s spec'd out with b0r3 and all the other fun raid boss skills, a shield turret and a Mechromancer, we couldn't take him down.

So I tried the repeated Evil Smasher glitch and got it to work after only a couple tries. I ended up with an Infinity Pistol with 52 rounds in the magazine, a pinpoint crosshair, and a hilarious fire rate. I took Hyperius down in about a minute. Then we moved on to Pete the Invincible and took him down in about a minute too. That glitch is hilariously broken and makes the pre-patch Bee look like a Turtle shield.

Anyway thanks to the people who posted instructions for it. It helped a lot! :)

Man Cub
Jan 12, 2004

Come on! I'm the lord and savior! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CRUCIFY ME, GOD DAMNIT!

Minorities posted:

So I tried the repeated Evil Smasher glitch and got it to work after only a couple tries. I ended up with an Infinity Pistol with 52 rounds in the magazine, a pinpoint crosshair, and a hilarious fire rate. I took Hyperius down in about a minute. Then we moved on to Pete the Invincible and took him down in about a minute too. That glitch is hilariously broken and makes the pre-patch Bee look like a Turtle shield.

I've gotten the clip on the infinity up to 171, and hyperius and Pete both went down in about 5 seconds. It gets exponentially more ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Man Cub posted:

I've gotten the clip on the infinity up to 171, and hyperius and Pete both went down in about 5 seconds. It gets exponentially more ridiculous.

I didn't want to risk breaking the game. I had enough of that happening when I had to fight Gee a few times without my console freezing. It was also my first time so I just wanted to see what 50 stacks would do. Worked a treat.

• Locked thread