Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MrTheDevious posted:

The rogue is enabled by default, it's the goblin! The only time you have to grind monster shrouds is if you want to cheese an OT Gate Hammer and open up the Evil Eye enchanter shroud so you can charm the dude in OT before handing him a jade

Do people still go after the OT hammer? I remember when I was playing it was a necessity (SO MANY SARNAK WAR BRAIDS!), but now there seems to be all sorts of teleports available with Veteran rewards and the POK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I still had mine from back in the day, and I've found it very useful even now. There's other ways to get around as a non-porter, but most stuff has a long cooldown (like Origin, or this PoK staff). OT hammer has no cooldown, and there's a POK right there. Super useful.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

xZAOx posted:

I still had mine from back in the day, and I've found it very useful even now. There's other ways to get around as a non-porter, but most stuff has a long cooldown (like Origin, or this PoK staff). OT hammer has no cooldown, and there's a POK right there. Super useful.

Heh I remember getting it with an illusion somehow with my Rogue, so that he got the faction needed for the turn in but was still KOS in Overthere normally, so every time I used it I'd have to hope there wasn't a golem wandering nearby.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just wanted to let you know that the rogue shrouding method worked a treat. I turned into a little goblin in PoK, took the book to Butcherblock. Kandin was up, I stood behind him, hit Sneak, and said "What oil?" and he gave me the gear to activate the Broken Golem. I went back to PoK, unshrouded, got the gear out of my shroud bank, and Bob's your uncle.

My (now) 37 wizard has the staff from VS in hand and I have a Phinigel staff in my druid's bank for MQ purposes. I just need to get to planar level so that I can do the bit in Fear and it's all set. Thank you for the help - that was a big time and money (2k plat) saver.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I used a combination of porting to repeat the faction grind portion of the shm epic and the Ornate Velium Amulet from ThurgB to max my truespirit faction to get a Shm epic on my druid.

The classes who don't use truespirit as an epic faction need to use the amulet in order to get NPCs to talk to them at certain steps because we start too low to initiate any the quests and max too low to finish them.

Bind in Butcherblock by the Peg Leg camp, and set up a campfire in freeport by the drunkard hiding near the sewer entrance. Buff block "Fellowship calling". Kill Peg Leg to get the wolf spirit to spawn, tell him the words to get the gem. Campfire back to FP, give the gem to the drunkard. Gate back to BB and repeat till you have max truespirit faction. Non-TS classes will need to use the amulet on the spirit and the drunkard for the first turn in.

Maxing truespirit lets you skip all the random faction portions of a few of the epic quests and just do the important turn in portions.

EDIT: Don't do epic turn ins before 50. I don't know if it changed at some point, but I tried to do a multi-quest for the ranger epic with a L30 and the NPC went "This is far too dangerous for someone so weak, I'll just keep it".

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 20, 2012

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

I used a combination of porting to repeat the faction grind portion of the shm epic and the Ornate Velium Amulet from ThurgB to max my truespirit faction to get a Shm epic on my druid.

The classes who don't use truespirit as an epic faction need to use the amulet in order to get NPCs to talk to them at certain steps because we start too low to initiate any the quests and max too low to finish them.

Bind in Butcherblock by the Peg Leg camp, and set up a campfire in freeport by the drunkard hiding near the sewer entrance. Buff block "Fellowship calling". Kill Peg Leg to get the wolf spirit to spawn, tell him the words to get the gem. Campfire back to FP, give the gem to the drunkard. Gate back to BB and repeat till you have max truespirit faction. Non-TS classes will need to use the amulet on the spirit and the drunkard for the first turn in.

Maxing truespirit lets you skip all the random faction portions of a few of the epic quests and just do the important turn in portions.

EDIT: Don't do epic turn ins before 50. I don't know if it changed at some point, but I tried to do a multi-quest for the ranger epic with a L30 and the NPC went "This is far too dangerous for someone so weak, I'll just keep it".

I'll be wary of this. I can take my wizard to the plains at 46, but I am not sure that I can finish his Staff of the Four then. The wizard epic is nice in that the staff turn-ins towards the end can be cheesed by using various invis spells and abilities.

Does this mean that you have a druid with an epic that he can't use? If so, I'm not sure why you bothered other than to just see if you could get away with it. I hear that the shaman 1.0 is a pain in the arse anyway because of the Iksar Broodling and the fact that idiots constantly farm Fear golems for sodding Amulets of Necropotence.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

JustJeff88 posted:

I hear that the shaman 1.0 is a pain in the arse anyway because of the Iksar Broodling and the fact that idiots constantly farm Fear golems for sodding Amulets of Necropotence.

It's not really that bad; it only took me about 9 years to get my iksar broodling tear.

Also you boasted about all the cool poo poo you got recently for your wiz without mentioning your new vulak loot. Use me and abuse me, I get it :getin:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

There will be a triple SC day on the 21st of December:

http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=31380

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pilsner posted:

There will be a triple SC day on the 21st of December:

http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=31380

Noted, thank you. Methinks I shall invest a bit in a fast mount for my wizard. Not sure if I shall buy a flying one this time, as those can be a little hard to handle in situations and I can always cast levitate.

Also, yes, thank you to Creative Bicycle for my lovely NToV goodies. My apologies for the oversight.

That said, that emoticon of the frog is starting to bother me. Bloody Americans don't seem to understand what "Get In!" means.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JustJeff88 posted:

Does this mean that you have a druid with an epic that he can't use? If so, I'm not sure why you bothered other than to just see if you could get away with it. I hear that the shaman 1.0 is a pain in the arse anyway because of the Iksar Broodling and the fact that idiots constantly farm Fear golems for sodding Amulets of Necropotence.

It looks cool in my house.

I did the quest the day before for my shm alt and wanted to give it a shot while iksar broodlings were easy to get thanks to the Dragons, Dragons, Dragons task.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I decided to spend a little coin and roll an Iksar Monk after getting tired of resting every 5 minutes.

This game is incredibly charming. There's something to be said about a game that should theoretically be all poo poo you've seen before but totally isn't. There's alot of mystery and wonder to this game so I think ill be sticking with it.

Are there any updated guides for new people? Alot of the guides listed are out of date or a little vague. Im finding items on level 7 mobs that go to level 75 quests, for example.

Also... hope my fists start landing more often. Bad RNG streaks are scary.

Catullus
Oct 1, 2003

http://almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/

That place is new'ish,and i found great use of it even having played back in the golden days. Has nice levelling guides too.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

How "inefficient" is leveling by quests? The OP and those guides both say it's inefficient compared to being a mob meat blender. How so, though?

Catullus
Oct 1, 2003

TheHoosier posted:

How "inefficient" is leveling by quests? The OP and those guides both say it's inefficient compared to being a mob meat blender. How so, though?
I think "extremely" would be a proper description.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Catullus posted:

I think "extremely" would be a proper description.

Fair enough. I played WoW day 1 and a hundred MMOs since but I don't think i've ever had to level by grinding. Time to boot up Pandora.

Im on Luclin... Shawking the Iksar Monk. Hope to see you all around.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

TheHoosier posted:

Yeah I'd go with 'extremely' too when you can do 1-85 in a day without doing a single quest. The new expansion actually has some decent exp by going through the content. It's not really the quest rewards that level you, but the achievements (?) I think. I got like 20% of a level doing something in Shard's Landing at 95, which was pretty cool.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Sancho posted:

...you can do 1-85 in a day without doing a single quest.

I still don't believe people who make levelling speed claims like that, unless you actually have 2 SK's constantly swarm kiting or some other very ambitious scenario.

Anyway, I accidentally posted this in the EQNext thread, but I meant to put it here just because it was a rather remarkable coincidence.

A few days ago some very high-level person (with extremely deep pockets and/or poor financial sense) was offering 10,000 platinum for a port to somewhere in VoA that I have never heard of. My 80 druid can't port there, but I have an in-game friend who is a 98th level wizard who could. He wasn't on, but his live-in girlfriend was, and I asked her if she would do the honours as I really needed the dosh (I offered to split it with her). She agreed, and while we were waiting I half-jokingly asked this person if he had a Mana Robe, which I would accept in lieu of the money. Now, I am fully aware that Mana Robes are not a big deal these days, but I've always wanted one and never had one drop in 6 or 8 Trakanon kills. Anyway, my friend did the port and, interestingly enough, gave me the full 10k.

So, the next day I log my little wizard on and check the bazaar. Lo and behold, there is a Mana Robe on sale for exactly 10k, so I took that as a sign and bought it. I can't even use it until my wizard hits level 50 (he's 46 and a quarter right now), but it's something to look forward to.

I asked my friend later why she didn't want a cut of the profits (she did the real work, after all), and she said that she didn't need it because she has made over 800k since RoF came out. Must be nice at the top.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm currently leveling up a SK so I can swarm and power-level other characters. It is taking forever and I want to kill myself. What level/gear/AA# should I be shooting for before I can power-level alts to lvl 80 or so? Right now I am level 71 with about 850 AAs's.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I'm currently leveling up a SK so I can swarm and power-level other characters. It is taking forever and I want to kill myself. What level/gear/AA# should I be shooting for before I can power-level alts to lvl 80 or so? Right now I am level 71 with about 850 AAs's.

Oh good something I can answer, at least partially. I'll say you probably have too many AAs for your level as the higher ranks of the useful ones land in the 71-80 range. I remember getting 500 at 71 and quickly running out of core abilities to spend it on.

80 is the key number for swarming. You'll want a full set of HoT level 80 gear and a nice 2handed hammer like the Hammer of Greatness. If you don't have your epic 2.0 you better work on that.

Essential Maxxed:
Double Riposte
Mortal Coil

CA/CS/ND for survivability
Touch of the cursed
Knight's advantage
all the crit AAs

Then after that it's as easy as pulling all you can aggro into a corner and clicking the 2.0

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ninkobei posted:

Good Info!

Thanks for the help! You are absolutely right about having maxed out the core AA's already. I've maxed pretty much everything useful at my level. Is the delay death line worth bothering with? It seems like I could add a couple thousand hit points if I max it out? Other than that, I can start the push to 80.

How hard is getting the 2.0? I have a 85 monk and 85 chanter that I could box up with the SK. Can the three of them handle everything, or will I need some help?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I still don't believe people who make levelling speed claims like that, unless you actually have 2 SK's constantly swarm kiting or some other very ambitious scenario.

That's basically how you do it. An SK plus bard/druid with a class that do some kind of AE damage.

JustJeff88 posted:

I asked my friend later why she didn't want a cut of the profits (she did the real work, after all), and she said that she didn't need it because she has made over 800k since RoF came out. Must be nice at the top.

I made about 1.2m from RoF drops in the first two weeks. Prices crashed hard and I haven't been doing much exping and selling since then. The random attunable stuff means you will get gear from just exping in RoF. And always sell new things while the price in high in any MMO.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I still don't believe people who make leveling speed claims like that, unless you actually have 2 SK's constantly swarm kiting or some other very ambitious scenario.
Yeah sounds about right. Headshot ranger/out of group aggro tank with mass pulls works well too! How do you guys do it? It's 3 hours from 1-75 (being generous for deaths, travel time etc) and another 3 hours for 75-85 (again being VERY generous this time...probably closer to 2 hours). This is all with exp potions. Might take 2x longer or so without. That would be a long day =/.

On my server that's about 100-150k if you pay someone to pl you, or free if you have friends/alts that can help. I played more Halo 4 on my latest char than EQ from 1-85.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now
Any of you guys still active on test? I just decided to check out the two latest expansions - I played through all of the single group HOT content, beat everything and took a break.

I'm on as Quillmayne if anyone still plays!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Note that depending on what you enjoy, getting powerleveled straight to 85 might not be the most enjoyment. I have a lot of fun exploring zones that I never got into much back in the day (I was always too scared of Sebilis, now I can just stomp around and kill everything except Trakanon boxing a 66 monk and 2 level 50s, but it's not as pointless as if I were level 85. Managed to snag a Fungus Vest with 5 kills on the placeholder)

Especially 1-50, the levels go extremely fast. So check out Upper Guk, etc.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

How hard is getting the 2.0? I have a 85 monk and 85 chanter that I could box up with the SK. Can the three of them handle everything, or will I need some help?

2.0 Was pretty much a breeze except for Asylum of Anguish, which is a raid zone, so you need at least 6 accounts, with characters over level 65, and no mercs. Everything you need to kill won't really require a healer since you can just life tap to keep yourself up, but it'll all take forever to kill.

Make sure after you complete the raid events to get your globe of discorandt energy that you look for the floating NPC Orb thing to kill to get it. Having never run a 2.0 the for the first time when I was doing this quest, I didn't pick up on that the raid mobs themselves didn't drop the globes most of the time, and nearly missed getting them completely.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
The irony is that I have an 80 druid, 80 SK, and 80 bard, all in full 80-appropriate gear from top to tip, but I'm too thick/naïve to make use of that for PLing purposes. If I had a better idea of where to go and what to do, I would actually start more 1-character silver accounts and level up that ranger/shaman/monk/enchanter I've been keen to do, because I could get past the boring poo poo levels and get up to 60-80 where it's interesting.

Thank you Ninkobei for that guide to building a swarm SK. My SK is 80 with full 80 gear and max mitigation AA. My wizard is 47 right now and once he's 53, I'm going to put him, my SK, and my bard (plus mercs) in my favourite auto-level spot to get my wizard up in levels and get some more AA for my SK and bard (my druid is at the Silver cap of 1000, but my bard and SK have about 600 each). I'm not sure what I'm going to spend it on for my bard, but I'm going to build my SK like you said and try some swarming soon (he has his 2.0).

My Druid has the stone from Anguish for the 2.0's, but the druid 2.0 is so rubbish I can't be arsed. I can finish my wizard 1.0 as soon as the broken golem spawns (assuming some stupid golem-farming fuckwit doesn't kill him for no reason). How is the wizard 1.5/2.0? Does anyone have any experience with it? (<cough> Loon <cough>)

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Here's how I do my power-leveling until 65 (70 if you're grouping with 100s). You need the following:

A newb with some sort of aoe dmg spell that can hit unlimited targets. Mages, bards, wizards, drakkin @ lvl 5 get one. Not sure what other classes do. If all else fails you can buy horribly expensive aoe potions from this guy http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5153 or farm some Holgresh Mojo Sticks.

A veteran (stronger the better) of pretty much any class. Classes with stronger damage shields do a lot better. Make sure your worn damage shield is maxed at 35 if it isn't. Throw in a cheap trio ring with a fire emerald if you need something quick.

Make sure the veteran does not have any damage shield spells cast. None from cloaks, none from spells, none at all. Worn damage shields don't fire until you cast a damage shield spell so don't worry about those. Have the veteran pull a ton of mobs (without doing damage) in the zone. Get them all if you can. Let the mobs beat on the veteran while the veteran gets aggro locked down. I use aoe stuns on a chanter, but use whatever tools you have.

Next, carefully have the newb approach your group of mobs and fire their aoe spell. I have em do it a couple times just in case they get resists. After the newb has confirmed damaging each mob with at least 1 point of damage, let the damage shield spells rip on your veteran and keep sitting down so the low lvl mobs can bypass your defensive skills and actually hit you. They'll kill themselves on your damage shield and if all goes well the newb will get all the exp. This is because in EQ, damage shield damage is not assigned to a player when it comes to taking credit for kills. Since the newb was the only char to inflict legitimate damage on the mobs before they die, all the exp goes to the newb.

I can get by with about 130 dmg damage shield on my chanter, but mages or druids rangers are much better at this because of their damage shields. After 65 I outsource to a friendly ranger where I can just join the group like normal and AFK while they headshot.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I can take a character from 1-85 in a day, but again I have refer a friend(3x) exp when grouped, double xp pots on command, and a SK to swarm. If you had to do it the normal way...tedious as gently caress.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I finished my Staff of the Four a few minutes ago.

I had a Blue Crystal Staff from Phinigel in my druid's bank for MQ purposes, but my bard was parked in Phinny's room and my wizard was bound outside. He popped, my bard took him out, and he had the staff. My wizard gated in, invised himself, and swam in and looted it. He got aggro from one of the seahorses and almost died, plus he was about 10 seconds from drowning (somehow frogloks can't breathe underwater inherently), but he got the staff and gated out in time.

My druid was bound in the far southeast corner of Fear, and I had him check the zone one last time before I called it a night. He has all of the druid AA that boost Tracking, so I can basically track the whole zone at once. The Broken Golem had spawned and I had to clear to him from the zone in, which was rather tedious. Plus, once we got to the Golem, wanderers kept aggroing which would reset the rest timer (it's 5 minutes in Fear), so it took a while. The golem is a slow fight, but no real challenge.

So, went to Butcherblock/Halas/Temple of Ro and used the old invis trick to do the turn-ins, and my frog is now a proud owner of the wizard 1.0. Sadly, he's only level 48, so he can't use the click effect on that or his Mana Robe. Gives me something to look forward to, at least.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
I'm going to join the test server crew since loving around on random chars appeals to me more than anything else (and paying $15/mo/acct for classes I want to actually play is a tad too much). Is it possible to get a hookup from someone willing to do a testcopy with some old world twink gear and plat for spells/mercs?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Since im only level 19, im going to go ahead and roll a froglok shaman to multi-box with my monk. What are some suggested macros or setups? Google didnt help out too much.

Sifting through information for this game is an adventure itself...

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

TheHoosier posted:

Since im only level 19, im going to go ahead and roll a froglok shaman to multi-box with my monk. What are some suggested macros or setups? Google didnt help out too much.

Sifting through information for this game is an adventure itself...

http://isboxer.com/index.php/get-isboxer

I use ISBoxer to control multiple windows after getting turned onto it by someone else upthread. There's a free 7-day trial, then it's $15 for 3 months. Works well enough for me.

I set up keybinds in ISBoxer for things like "hold down the back arrow in my other windows when I hold down the v key", or ditto for moving forward (very useful for helping autofollow in tight corridors). I set up macros within everquest to do things like "target Devor, pause 50, then autofollow" (without the pause it tries to follow before the target resolves - then put it in a hotkey that I assign to an ISBoxer keybind. I've started to roll up some fancier ones like "in the shaman's window, target Devor, cast the puma short term buff".

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I'm having fun on Test with my 4-box crew. I'm Zliz, Orakul, Ranzl and Wizl. I can hook people up with plat.

I recommend to anyone to at least two-box, as it means that you can roll both a melee and a spell caster, and have both a tank and healing merc at once. It's so safe and easy for many many levels, and more fun IMO.

Not all is lost without a swarming PL'er, though. I started out by /testbuff'ing my new Ranger and Wizard to lvl 25, although 1-25 could be done in a few hours in Crescent Reach anyway. When I level them, I group them up with my lvl 94 Shaman, buff them, set the Shaman to autofollow my Ranger, and leave the group on him so he doesn't ruin the XP. The Shaman will then follow my Ranger around without being grouped, and is available for rebuffs, emergency heals, etc.

Another primitive trick is to use your high level character to finish off a mob that your twink(s) is/are fighting once it gets below 50%. I use one fast-casting poison nuke on my shaman to one-shot anything from 49% to dead every time.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

revenance posted:

I'm going to join the test server crew since loving around on random chars appeals to me more than anything else (and paying $15/mo/acct for classes I want to actually play is a tad too much). Is it possible to get a hookup from someone willing to do a testcopy with some old world twink gear and plat for spells/mercs?

/join goontest and ask away, depending on class/level etc I have stuff and others will too. meeeeellions of plat to go around as well.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

RCarr posted:

You'll want level 81 for the HoT armor I believe, not 80. You also need the 2.0, which as said above, is dirt simple minus Anguish. You cannot do Anguish at 80 unless you have probably 2 groups, but I can solo it for you when you're ready if you're still on test. Takes maybe half an hour since we just have to clear Trash, then I auto-attack KTH for a few, then swarm another set of trash and auto-attack Jelvan for a few and you snag orb.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

You'll want level 81 for the HoT armor I believe, not 80. You also need the 2.0, which as said above, is dirt simple minus Anguish. You cannot do Anguish at 80 unless you have probably 2 groups, but I can solo it for you when you're ready if you're still on test. Takes maybe half an hour since we just have to clear Trash, then I auto-attack KTH for a few, then swarm another set of trash and auto-attack Jelvan for a few and you snag orb.

HoT T1 is usable at 80.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Not Grover posted:

HoT T1 is usable at 80.

Yes, Abstruse for each class is available at 80, as are T1 non-visible armour items (rings, necklaces, etc) that can be purchased with Dream Motes or whatever they are called. That said, it's a real pain in knob to get any of those things at 80, because nobody will want to group with you in House of Thule at 80 as you will be too low, but the only way to progress in terms of gear is by grouping in HoT. It's a really obnoxious setup and I rather hate it. The only thing that might help bridge the gap is Terror-Infused armours, which are slightly inferior to Abstruse, but those aren't cheap either.

The only way that I was able to get my 3 80's kitted in full level-appropriate gear was to cash farm and pick up bits of armour as I could afford them on the bazaar. I also had quite a bit of help from higher-level friends.

I will add that the Abstruse chest for each class has a very nice click-effect on it, which is a nice bonus.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

The only way that I was able to get my 3 80's kitted in full level-appropriate gear was to cash farm and pick up bits of armour as I could afford them on the bazaar. I also had quite a bit of help from higher-level friends.

The sub-1k HoT stuff is in my bazaar for mostly 1500-5000p per a piece, plus 40-70p per a dream mote for 1200p a piece there.

Min L80, Max L80, Select class, by stat HP. Search. Then sort by hp.

The T4 HoT group armor took 35k a piece to make and I funded that looting in groups and bazaaring trabable things like Frosteaver's cloak and Blade of Carnage.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006
After starting a barb war (which I wasn't stoked about in the first place, the free char/class choices are pretty bland) on Luclin and lvling him up to about 48, I got my old account on TMarr (now Drinal) restored, and have been playing with my 63rog/59mnk/52sk there. Thanks Not Grover for hooking me up on Luclin, sorry I haven't been on much!

And if there are any goons on Drinal, look up Slymm (rog), Gith (mnk), or Zgrak (sk).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

The sub-1k HoT stuff is in my bazaar for mostly 1500-5000p per a piece, plus 40-70p per a dream mote for 1200p a piece there.

Min L80, Max L80, Select class, by stat HP. Search. Then sort by hp.

The T4 HoT group armor took 35k a piece to make and I funded that looting in groups and bazaaring trabable things like Frosteaver's cloak and Blade of Carnage.

Id like to be on your server; certainly isn't like that on Luclin. I regularly see trousers/chest items for 30k or more.