Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

interrodactyl posted:

Phantom Breaker is literally worse than SFxT.

It has Makise Kurisu so this is literally impossible :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

rivals posted:

It has Makise Kurisu so this is literally impossible :|

SFxT has Craig and Hwoarang, so... check and mate.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Both broken op dumbchars for dumbs. :|

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stick Talk!

My HBFS buttons arrived from Taiwan today. Installing them now. Initial impressions are that they are really quiet even when I pound on them. Button travel is very short and they trigger the switch immediately

And they are in

The buttons are nice. It wont make you a better player, but they sure feel nice.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 23, 2012

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Do you like them better than the standard Sanwas?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So far yes. They need less force to push down and there is some soft of dampening material under the plunger that makes it really gentle.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Less force than normal sanwas to activate? Man that would be unplayable for me :smith:. I have some seimitsus coming for my sanrio stick that I put a kstick in for Tekken.
My other stick has seimitsus so when I starting using my new one I kept getting extra presses and stuff cause you just breath on them and they activate. I should mention I don't even press the buttons that hard when I hit them, I guess it's just because I tend to rest my hands on the buttons or something.

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 23, 2012

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World
I can literally activate my sanwas by blowing fairly lightly on them, I don't think I'd want it much more sensitive!

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Fauxtool posted:

So far yes. They need less force to push down and there is some soft of dampening material under the plunger that makes it really gentle.

I might have to invest in some of these, playing Viper and Morri in Marvel just about murdered my S button...I don't think it has too much longer to live sadly.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boobs is Fun! posted:

I can literally activate my sanwas by blowing fairly lightly on them, I don't think I'd want it much more sensitive!

they arent more sensitive. They do need less force to fully depress the button, but the force needed is pretty linear compared to my sanwa where it needs barely any then suddenly more. The actual switch activation is somewhere in the top 1/3, where I feel the sanwa is around the bottom 1/2. If you can blow on your they may be close to their end?

I can rest my fingers on the buttons, more so than on my TE stick's sanwas

If anyone wants to meet up at a so cal weekly or major i'll bring my stick and you can feel for yourself. Im really liking them so far. Plus it came with a spare set of switches so I can see myself using them for a long time

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DOA5 is going for 50% off at the Gamestops in my area today so I'm considering picking it up after work.

I haven't been following this game much at all so I'm wondering what the general goon opinion is of it. You know...other than the fact that it's got the best this-gen breast physics or whatever.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

AndyElusive posted:

DOA5 is going for 50% off at the Gamestops in my area today so I'm considering picking it up after work.

I haven't been following this game much at all so I'm wondering what the general goon opinion is of it. You know...other than the fact that it's got the best this-gen breast physics or whatever.
It's fun. You should buy it.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

AndyElusive posted:

DOA generally garners very, very little respect as a fighting game, so the pool of goons you will have to play with will be rather small. The learning curve will be substantially lower than something more popular like Tekken, however, so if you find the time investment for that intimidating, you may find DOA to be worth a shot.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Buy Tekken instead, it's better at literally everything but tits.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

Buy Tekken instead, it's better at literally everything but tits.

TTT2? Got it. Love it.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

AndyElusive posted:

TTT2? Got it. Love it.

You could also get Virtua Fighter 5 or Jojo's HD(still very live on PSN) for the same price if not significantly cheaper. I'm just saying explore your options a bit

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Hot deal for PC fighting game fans: Gamersgate has 80% off Martial Arts Capoeira!

(SSFIV is 75% off on Steam for the next two days)

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I think DOA5 at least is pretty fun and worth picking up at some point. I have to admit I'm currently preferring it to TTT2 but then again I might just be weird.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
If you don't have KOF, you got no respect.

and it's only 11 bucks

Yes, I'm the OP of the DOA5 thread, but you need to own and play Tag2 and KOF and I definitely prefer those games.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'm not really a fan of SF4 but its going really cheap on Steam so I'm thinking of picking it up. Do any if the crazy mods (rainbow edition type stuff) work on AE?

I remember it lagging way behind for updates, but is the PC version of AE up to date now?

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Question Mark Mound posted:

I'm not really a fan of SF4 but its going really cheap on Steam so I'm thinking of picking it up. Do any if the crazy mods (rainbow edition type stuff) work on AE?

I remember it lagging way behind for updates, but is the PC version of AE up to date now?

SF4 Remix is pretty fun/wacky but since sfiv isn't meant to be moddable it requires backing up some files if you want to switch back and forth

Karsh
Dec 22, 2004

this is my destiny
Plaster Town Cop

Question Mark Mound posted:

It's up to date balance-wise and almost all mods (SF4 Remix, for example) are made for PC AE.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Might well pick it up then since it's less than a tenner

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
I just bought sfiv on steam. I tried playing with a x360 Hori Ex2 that i bought for 12 dollars at a toy r' us store closing last summer. The stick broke within minutes of use when I first bought it. I repaired the c-clip and used to it to play some old arcade games and everything seemed fine. When I tried to use it with sf iv though I discovered that I cannot activate up and left at the same time. It's completely impossible. The guide linked on the first page doesn't seem to work anymore. Can anyone recommend me the best joystick for 100 bucks or less. I prefer bat-top but don't really care if my buttons are concave or convex. Ball-top is way more common so feel free to recommend those as well anyway.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
I have a PS3 TE stick that doesn't work with my laptop. I understand that you need to buy a PCI card that is compatible with the stick, but that's not really an option for a laptop. So is there any other way to get it to work? Preferably without modding the stick but if that's the only way, what do I need?

Viash
Mar 17, 2003

Prince Reggie K posted:

I just bought sfiv on steam. I tried playing with a x360 Hori Ex2 that i bought for 12 dollars at a toy r' us store closing last summer. The stick broke within minutes of use when I first bought it. I repaired the c-clip and used to it to play some old arcade games and everything seemed fine. When I tried to use it with sf iv though I discovered that I cannot activate up and left at the same time. It's completely impossible. The guide linked on the first page doesn't seem to work anymore. Can anyone recommend me the best joystick for 100 bucks or less. I prefer bat-top but don't really care if my buttons are concave or convex. Ball-top is way more common so feel free to recommend those as well anyway.

Madcatz Tournament Edition sticks are pretty much the standard. They're usually ~$150 but they go on sale frequently, particularly during big tournaments there are often promotional sales and whatnot. Totally worth it though, great stick and will last forever.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Viash posted:

Madcatz Tournament Edition sticks are pretty much the standard. They're usually ~$150 but they go on sale frequently, particularly during big tournaments there are often promotional sales and whatnot. Totally worth it though, great stick and will last forever.

Mine just broke, the stick stopped registering the up movement from all positions except neutral (so e.g. no down-back -> up-back). :( Got a good three years out of it though, so can't complain.

e:

Yes except the buttons are in different order than in normal TE (to play better with SC I guess), so a bit of button check pain if you bring it to tournaments.

(X Y B LB - A LT RT RB instead of the standard X Y RB LB - A B RT LT)

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 25, 2012

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

http://www.amazon.com/SoulCalibur-A...rnament+Edition

Is this thing the same as TE?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Yep.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Prince Reggie K posted:

TE sticks are on sale right now on the gameshark store and putting a bat-top stick on it wouldn't be much effort (a dozen or so screws)

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Prince Reggie K posted:

The guide linked on the first page doesn't seem to work anymore.

Works fine for me?

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

Okay, well it still doesnt work for me. Might be my problem. Anyway, I realized I had 63 dollars in reward points on my amazon card, so I got a street fighter x tekken TE which seems to have the same buttons.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Double Bill posted:

Mine just broke, the stick stopped registering the up movement from all positions except neutral (so e.g. no down-back -> up-back). :( Got a good three years out of it though, so can't complain.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a new stick in there? That's a bizarre problem for a PCB to develop, but I guess it'd be just as weird if the stick itself developed that problem.

Tatters Matters
Jun 29, 2011

Is there a steam group? If not, it might be useful given the amount of potential new PC players from the steam sales.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Boxman posted:

Out of curiosity, have you tried a new stick in there? That's a bizarre problem for a PCB to develop, but I guess it'd be just as weird if the stick itself developed that problem.

Not really, sounds like the 5-pin is loose or worn out somehow. Could also be an issue with your microswitches starting to give out as well. Three years is about the end of a Sanwa sticks life if you play pretty constantly.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Prince Reggie K posted:

Okay, well it still doesnt work for me. Might be my problem. Anyway, I realized I had 63 dollars in reward points on my amazon card, so I got a street fighter x tekken TE which seems to have the same buttons.

Might want to cancel that order for now. One of the MCZ fightsticks is going to be in Amazon Gold Box at 4pm Pacific.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Prince Reggie K posted:

It's a little different style from the other TEs, but yeah, it's still made with all Sanwa parts and should work great.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
Merry Christmas everyone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gU4T5_sVdE

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

As the dude who wrote that ten years ago, this has been a very surreal experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Gavok posted:

As the dude who wrote that ten years ago, this has been a very surreal experience.

Haha, man, that was *you*? Small net.

• Locked thread