Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Ray Hudson is a shite commentator

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw5g5n_real-valladolid-barcelona-highlights-hd-22-12-2012_sport?start=333

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Had to make a bigger version of this haha

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
To be fair to Sir Alex, I bet that is really, really sore.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I'd imagine it's his neck that's in most danger, no?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Coohoolin posted:

I'd imagine it's his neck that's in most danger, no?

Could get a nasty pull from it, akin to whiplash, it's close range and fuckin belted. Probably dazed him somewhat which could be why he slumps to the ground after initially going for Williams.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The way his head snaps doesn't look very safe at all. It was definitely a pretty stupid thing to do.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
By the way, when Americans are talking about concussions in soccer, this is the type of a situation when they happen. Getting hit to the head with the ball, not heading the ball like many think.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ninpo posted:

Could get a nasty pull from it, akin to whiplash, it's close range and fuckin belted. Probably dazed him somewhat which could be why he slumps to the ground after initially going for Williams.

He just slipped, like every other player in the prem this weekend.

Shocking booking for Big Friendly Ash

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

cadfael posted:

Had to make a bigger version of this haha

Williams knows exactly what he's doing there.

Being funny as gently caress.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The more it loops the funnier it gets

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

There's been a murder!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jyrka posted:

By the way, when Americans are talking about concussions in soccer, this is the type of a situation when they happen. Getting hit to the head with the ball, not heading the ball like many think.

Yep. I got a concussion by getting hit in the back of the head with a shot from about 5 yards away a couple years ago.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So loving what. Take it on the chin, even if it does hurt.
For TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEK you could blast shots at my fat head as much as you want without me being a massive child and telling my miserable old dad who will then complain to the world.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Its a contact sport, Manchester United dont like it up em

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A serious case of minor women's whiplash.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YisKIgdCgGQ

What the gently caress is wrong with this guy jesus gently caress

I don't understand why you'd go steaming in like that obviously angry and then just sort of tread gingerly on the edge of his chest and mostly just catch his shirt and maybe lean on him a bit. Surely you'd know that you're going to get at least a red for lashing out to start with so you might as well just start properly booting the poo poo out of him

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If you do that you'll probably get an extended ban and a fine too.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Vegetable posted:

If you do that you'll probably get an extended ban and a fine too.

But if you've properly lost your rag with a guy enough to shove him to the ground and stand snarling over him you'd have thought that getting fined and stuff would be the last thing on your mind. I suppose when you're a pro there's always a little voice telling you to reel it in a bit even when you're at that point because of training or whatever. It probably also goes a long way towards explaining hilarious 'fights' where a defender sprints a good 50 yards to get stuck in only to end up giving a few half-hearted shoves

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Annual reminder to watch Belgefoot, this match was really exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5phPoVo2GY

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

belgend posted:

That ball at 4:30 is top notch. Absolutely outstanding.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

belgend posted:

That Ezekiel looks a bit handy.

I have fond memories of the Belgian League. Back in the day Sky here (New Zealand) would have a weird collection of leagues televised. Occasionally you'd get the Belgian league for some reason. I remember watching Wamberto and the Mpenzas when they were young and ripping poo poo up. Also I used Belgium in Sensible Soccer as Michel Preud'homme was a star keeper and I loved Luc Nilis. Well that's my story, thanks for listening.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Watching that video had me looking at the Belgian national team lineup and I came across this dude.

Did I miss this story somehow? Cause that's hosed.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Tigren posted:

Watching that video had me looking at the Belgian national team lineup and I came across this dude.

Did I miss this story somehow? Cause that's hosed.

He was involved in some heavy gangs when he was still a teenager and that did in fact happen and cost him his place at Club.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

euroboy posted:

This is true. Chico was putting himself about all game because he knew every time he did half of united's team would run screaming to the ref.

Giving him plenty of time to slice his clearance.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

DickEmery posted:

There's been a murder!

lol came here to post this you bastard

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euroboy posted:

Reminder that Van Persie didnt stay on the ground crying like a little girl but bounced right back up and went for Williams.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Like the thug that he is.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

TheRat posted:

Reminder that Van Persie didnt stay on the ground crying like a little girl but bounced right back up and went for Williams weak at the knees with fear when he saw it was Big Ash who did it.

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"
Van Persie is a whining shitbag about the least of things anyway, glad to see him finally have something to complain about. More of it, I say.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

TheRat posted:

Reminder that Van Persie didnt stay on the ground crying like a little girl but bounced right back up and went for Williams.

Its a mans sport, no need for him to act like a big baby and get angry at a good honest lad like Williams.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheRat posted:

Just goes to show how much play acting footballers do 99.9% of the time

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
We all know that footballers act like giant pussies on the pitch already. RvP was actually smacked hard in the head so adrenaline and rage must have taken over. If he'd received a light tap he'd be rolling around on the floor like the rest of them.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Flayer posted:

We all know that footballers act like giant pussies on the pitch already. RvP was actually smacked hard in the head so adrenaline and rage must have taken over. If he'd received a light tap he'd be rolling around on the floor like the rest of them.

Exactly.

That was such a cathartic moment tbh.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
looks like a lovely face you'd make in fifa or something

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Banga Sanga and his new look

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Darron Gibson got a fancy Christmas jumper:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

nice rack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006