Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I will take you both out for "Pore Pints". I gather you are both foodies at well so I can probably trawl round a few hawkers with you, and hook you up with a few cheap places etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Just show your flabby beer gut like every other expat. You might be super fat in Asian standards but hopefully the tourist markets selling tacky t shirts should sell something.

DontAskKant posted:

Some Kgoons (Toussaint Louverture and myself) are coming to Singapore for a few days around 1/20 to 1/25 plus or minus some days. We are coming from Hong Kong and are thinking 7 days in HK and 4 or 5 IN Singapore. Does Singapore deserve more or less than that? Mostly looking at eating a lot and being away from - 15C temperatures.

Second, are there any goons down there at that time living or visiting? Or some that have experience?

I hope you guys have a blast I will take care of the HK leg of the journey :) Say hi to creamyhorror, he's my goon contact in Singapore. Ask him for the pdf with the popular/tasty listings of all the local food. You want to hang around with more locals because Singapore expats are like HK expats : living a western lifestyle everyday.

Goonsgiving in Korea was a blast and I would love to host more but I'm afraid 7 days in HK might be a bit toooo much. Sure Andro had fun here but there are a lot of things to do and I don't have as much free time as before.

If you like to linger around the city and explore the alleyways and hole in the wall places then yeah 4-5 days in singapore sounds good. It's always a cheap getaway point for low cost terminals. You can fly round trip to krabi or malaysia for cheap!

Paper Diamonds posted:

Also on the application it asks number of entries requested. If I arrive in Thailand and stay for say, 45 days before taking as side trip of Cambodia/Laos, do I need multiple entries on the 60 day visa? Or can I "use" my one entry on the 60-day paid tourist visa when I arrive, then go to Cambodia, and then when I return to Bangkok for my flight out I'll be just on a normal 30-day unpaid visa?

If your passport is not littered with previous tourist stamps it *should* be ok. As long as you don't look like a over staying hippie or a illegal worker then it's fine.

Flying in grants you a 30 day visa, and overland travel only 15 days so be mindful of that. Personally, I would not fed ex in the passport and all, save that money on a side trip to wherever unless you already have your trip planned out and really want to stay in Thailand over 30 days. Overland travel to Cambodia or Laos is not too complicated or expensive. It does eat up a day but as a tourist for 2 months it's certainly bearable.

You can fly into BKK for 30 days, explore around the area and head south. Overland to Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur, fly into Cambodia (air asia's is cheaper). Bum around Cambodia and go to Laos then back into the land of smiles. All the cool kids like to go to Laos nowadays but I always give a shout out to Malaysia. It's a nice transition period to expat central, microbeer drinking Singapore.

caberham fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 24, 2012

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Was getting together my paperwork for a 60-day tourist visa to thailand.

I'm using this website http://dc.thaiembdc.org/consular/VISA/Tourist.aspx
Which is the the thai consular in DC. Am I reading this correct in that I have to send them my actual passport in the mail? Not just a copy? Also is this the easiest way to go about doing this? I was going to get it all (passport, application, 2xface photo, copy of my iternary, copy of bank statement) together and fedex express it tomorrow. Right?

Also on the application it asks number of entries requested. If I arrive in Thailand and stay for say, 45 days before taking as side trip of Cambodia/Laos, do I need multiple entries on the 60 day visa? Or can I "use" my one entry on the 60-day paid tourist visa when I arrive, then go to Cambodia, and then when I return to Bangkok for my flight out I'll be just on a normal 30-day unpaid visa?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
You always have to send your actual passport for visas. That's kinda the point of a passport.

For your second question you can use the visa and get a normal entry thing on return like you said, but if you come overland I don't think they give you 30 days, it's 15 or something.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)

ReindeerF posted:

Sounds like a long time for Singabore, but anywhere can be fun if you make it and what not. There's actually a dedicated S'pore thread with Singapore goons in it where you may have better luck. It's the rare Southeast Asian country with enough expats to support a thread, heh.

Thoughts on just flying out to Kuala Lumpur for a bit then?

kru posted:

I will take you both out for "Pore Pints". I gather you are both foodies at well so I can probably trawl round a few hawkers with you, and hook you up with a few cheap places etc.

About the food, throw us all you have.

Thoughts on whether 3 days is enough if that means we can head out to KL or Penang? I should probably get the tickets today or tomorrow at the latest. I see that JetStar has a 10kg 'strict' limit for carry on. I guess that's what you get with a budget carrier. Looking at all of this, the 35 rm to get to the city from the airport and the flight with all the extra taxes and the hassle, some one please sell Kuala Lumpur to me.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

DontAskKant posted:

Prepare your stomach. :unsmith:

xcdude24
Dec 23, 2008

DontAskKant posted:

Some Kgoons (Toussaint Louverture and myself) are coming to Singapore for a few days around 1/20 to 1/25 plus or minus some days. We are coming from Hong Kong and are thinking 7 days in HK and 4 or 5 IN Singapore. Does Singapore deserve more or less than that? Mostly looking at eating a lot and being away from - 15C temperatures.

Second, are there any goons down there at that time living or visiting? Or some that have experience?

did singapore for a few days in july. Places to eat:

-Research the heck out of restaurants in Joo Chiat/Geylang before you go. A lot of the best food in the city is in this area, and it feels a world away from orchard, chinatown, etc. For REALLY good nasi padang, check out the geylang serai hawker centre.
-I didn't go, but I've heard really good things about Tiong Bahru hawker centre and old airport road food centre.
-I had a really good breakfast(peanut pancake) at tanglin halt hawker centre, but it's a bit far away.
-Avoid lau pa sat and newton. The food is OK, but the atmosphere is really bad.

Honestly, it's kind of hard to have a bad meal in Singapore. I go super hungry while doing the laundry in my hostel, and went to this unpopulated hole in the wall a block away. I wasn't expecting much, but I had this incredible duck fried rice. Food is to Singapore as soccer is to many parts of the world, if that makes sense.

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
Uhm, is there anywhere in Thailand where I can buy a basic textbook about linear algebra? Perhaps a university bookstore in Bangkok?

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

DontAskKant posted:

Thoughts on just flying out to Kuala Lumpur for a bit then?

Thoughts on whether 3 days is enough if that means we can head out to KL or Penang? I should probably get the tickets today or tomorrow at the latest. I see that JetStar has a 10kg 'strict' limit for carry on. I guess that's what you get with a budget carrier. Looking at all of this, the 35 rm to get to the city from the airport and the flight with all the extra taxes and the hassle, some one please sell Kuala Lumpur to me.
KL is like a downmarket version of Singapore, but without the Bohemian vibe that other SE Asian capitals have. I like KL fine and have enjoyed a number of trips there as the food can be great and there's enough to do to keep you busy (especially if you're a hasher). I just wouldn't think of it as a great getaway from Singapore. It's more like a great getaway from Bangkok when you don't want to spend a fortune in Singapore, heh. I'm sure the Singapore goons will fill your days with plenty of poo poo to do, probably no need to leave :)

Vogler posted:

Uhm, is there anywhere in Thailand where I can buy a basic textbook about linear algebra? Perhaps a university bookstore in Bangkok?
You could try Kinokuniya stores. They have them at Paragon and a few places. I have no idea about university bookstores, but I assume most would have general coursework books in Thai. I'd also suggest online courseware, but since we're on SA I'm guessing you've thought of that.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 24, 2012

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

ReindeerF posted:

KL is like a downmarket version of Singapore, but without the Bohemian vibe that other SE Asian capitals have. I like KL fine and have enjoyed a number of trips there as the food can be great and there's enough to do to keep you busy (especially if you're a hasher). I just wouldn't think of it as a great getaway from Singapore. It's more like a great getaway from Bangkok when you don't want to spend a fortune in Singapore, heh. I'm sure the Singapore goons will fill your days with plenty of poo poo to do, probably no need to leave :)

Oops too late :(, because I totally spent hours figuring out how to make it work. Oh well, it's another stamp in my passport and doesn't really cost me any extra to fly into KL and out of KL back to Hong Kong. Penang was just too much of a hassle and actually cost a bit extra.

Finally trip plan is Seoul to HK on the 13th, then HK to Singapore on the 18th, Singapore to KL on the 22nd, and KL to HK on the 25th, back to Seoul on the 27th. It shouldn't be too crazy, the airports aren't too far from anything and they are all big cities with metros. I am just beat and exhausted from spending over 10 hours arranging tickets and paying for them. I did manage to save at least $500 in total, for each of us.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Well, in that case, have fun! KL can be quite fun, but I'm hesitant to give a lot of tips since I've only spent a grand total of 3-4 weeks there over 7 years. Still, I really enjoyed eating on Jalan Alor, which is touristy but about the only equivalent I could find of Thailand's street stall tradition. When I was there they had a real Cuban salsa band at Q-bar at the Westin that was excellent (we can't get live salsa music worth a poo poo here in Bangkok) and the little expat quarter over on Bukit Bintang was fun for a night of pub crawling, but not exactly a local or exciting experience. I did not care for Petaling Street at all. It lacked even the chaotic color of Bangkok's poo poo-tastic tourist trap markets. Other than that, I normally just do a lot of working from cafes, jogging and finding random restaurants to eat at and so on.

EDIT: Obligatory visit to the Coliseum Cafe, of course, if only to ogle the interior and the old newspaper articles on the wall ("What To Do If Your Servant Gets Malaria"). Yes, this list is entirely touristy poo poo, ask a local for advice, heh.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 24, 2012

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

It's also a test run to see if I could tolerate living there. Still looking for a career job somewhere outside the US. There aren't any KL goons are there. Kind of surprised at that.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
People aren't generally too crazy about KL. No one really seems to hate it either, but it doesn't seem to have any of the fanboys your other Asian capitals have.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Although it's probably the most liveable city after Singapore?

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Rojkir posted:

Although it's probably the most liveable city after Singapore?
That depends on how you define livable, which is the problem. It basically doesn't have any of the advantages. If you value a world class city that's still interesting you're going to go to Bangkok, whether you're on an expat package and sticking your kids in ISB or you're a teacher. If you want a world class city that's planned down to the last inch to minimize crime and chaos and to provide stability and economic opportunity for Western careers you're going to choose Singapore. KL is the poorer stepchild of both, frankly, that doesn't live up to either Bangkok or Singapore. I'd say who KL makes sense for are the interim crowd of retirees and engineers (i.e. international energy folks usually related to Petronas) who don't want to spend what it costs to live in Singapore and aren't interested in Bangkok (Phnom Penh is basically the inverse, heh).

That said, I would consider it a perfectly livable place if for some reason I were assigned to live there, I just wouldn't choose it for any reason. It's perfectly hospitable, though.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 24, 2012

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Well indeed. With livable I was mainly thinking about functioning public transport, low crime rates, affordable housing in relation to your salary and not so horrible traffic. But you're right, the expats I saw in KL were definitely older than in BKK and Singapore, so it's probably not as much "the place to be".

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Give me some hope and tell me that the food is good. Don't compare it to Singapore, I know that much already :(, but will I find anything interesting? I am hoping at least for some interesting drinks, it being largely Muslim still right?

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Merry Christmas SEA goons, it should be christmas everywhere in SEA now! If your not already drinking you should be!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

DontAskKant posted:

Give me some hope and tell me that the food is good. Don't compare it to Singapore, I know that much already :(, but will I find anything interesting? I am hoping at least for some interesting drinks, it being largely Muslim still right?

If you've never been to Malaysia it'll be awesome.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you've never been to Malaysia it'll be awesome.
There you go. Agree with S-G. It's a fine city and the food is awesome and you'll have a great time and I have to stop commenting like an expat in our tourism thread, heh.

sweetdee
Oct 10, 2012
So I'm doing a multi-year round the world trip and heading out of Australia (where I've been for the past year) in about two weeks. My original plan was to go to New Zealand for a working holiday, but I'm now very tempted to go to SE Asia first to do a bit of backpacking. I have a very large suitcase with me at the moment, in addition to my backpack, and I'm trying to figure out logistics. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion about what I can do with the suitcase, since I obviously don't want to lug it around through many countries. I'm thinking I'd fly into Thailand first; is it possible to find somewhere to drop off the suitcase and have them hold on to it for a couple of week/months, then return and pick it up? I'm a bit scared about security (I once left my bag with a company in Prague so I could explorse Eastern/Central Europe, only to have it 'go missing' once I returned), so I guess another option would be to go to NZ, leave it there, then return to the region, which is definitely much pricier considering the flight costs. Any input would be helpful!

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
You can leave it at the airport securely, but the fee is pretty steep for long-term storage (THB 100 / day). Other than that, your best bet is to grease some palms at a guesthouse and tell them you'll pay them again when you pick it up. I've left bags at a friend's place for a week or more with no problems. Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts of this nature in Bangkok, but elsewhere I do.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sweetdee posted:

So I'm doing a multi-year round the world trip and heading out of Australia (where I've been for the past year) in about two weeks. My original plan was to go to New Zealand for a working holiday, but I'm now very tempted to go to SE Asia first to do a bit of backpacking. I have a very large suitcase with me at the moment, in addition to my backpack, and I'm trying to figure out logistics. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion about what I can do with the suitcase, since I obviously don't want to lug it around through many countries. I'm thinking I'd fly into Thailand first; is it possible to find somewhere to drop off the suitcase and have them hold on to it for a couple of week/months, then return and pick it up? I'm a bit scared about security (I once left my bag with a company in Prague so I could explorse Eastern/Central Europe, only to have it 'go missing' once I returned), so I guess another option would be to go to NZ, leave it there, then return to the region, which is definitely much pricier considering the flight costs. Any input would be helpful!

Almost all guesthouses will do this. I have an internet cafe / Israeli restaurant in Bangkok where I've left bags all the time. It's the Shoshona one on this map: http://i48.tinypic.com/520waf.jpg

However, my advice is to throw the loving thing away and just bring what you can on your back.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3415334

raton fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 25, 2012

sweetdee
Oct 10, 2012

ReindeerF posted:

You can leave it at the airport securely, but the fee is pretty steep for long-term storage (THB 100 / day). Other than that, your best bet is to grease some palms at a guesthouse and tell them you'll pay them again when you pick it up. I've left bags at a friend's place for a week or more with no problems. Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts of this nature in Bangkok, but elsewhere I do.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I've looked at the airport option but the price is pretty steep. I'm probabably going to do some couchsurfing, but I don't really want to go in with the intent of using my host(s) as longish term storage...although I might attempt that route if nothing else seems viable. However, it seems that guesthouse storage might be the way to go.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Almost all guesthouses will do this. I have an internet cafe / Israeli restaurant in Bangkok where I've left bags all the time. It's the Shoshona one on this map: http://i48.tinypic.com/520waf.jpg

However, my advice is to throw the loving thing away and just bring what you can on your back.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3415334

Believe me, I'd love to not have the huge suitcase albatross weighing me down, but it contains literally my entire life (sold everything when I left the States). I also need clothes for all types of climates/situations (ie suits for when I'm able to work, clothes for hot and cold climates, hiking boots and a tent, etc.) and don't really want to have to buy new things constantly.

ETA: I've been reading through this thread for a while and haven't really noticed any single females, although I don't know the sex of each poster and it may not have been obvious. Wondering if there are any here? I'm a little bit anxious about overland travel alone, reading about peoples' experiences on chicken buses and with the ubiquitous overbearing tuk tuks. Thailand seems easy enough to start with, I suppose.

sweetdee fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 25, 2012

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

sweetdee posted:

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I've looked at the airport option but the price is pretty steep. I'm probabably going to do some couchsurfing, but I don't really want to go in with the intent of using my host(s) as longish term storage...although I might attempt that route if nothing else seems viable. However, it seems that guesthouse storage might be the way to go.
If you want me to keep it, I will. Only problem is I'm a boat ride away and of course I will take pictures of all your belongings and put them up in the thread. Seriously, though, it's no bother to stick a suitcase in here. I've got about 95sqm and I don't use about 60sqm of it, heh, so it won't take up any room. Might be a little dusty when you get back from the river breeze is about the only downside.

EDIT: plurals are your friends na ka.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 25, 2012

sweetdee
Oct 10, 2012
Wow, thanks for the offer! Boat rides sound fun. I don't think that I have PMs, but here is my email address jademeshesha@gmail.com; get in touch and I can let you know when I've finalized my plans a bit more.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sweetdee posted:

Believe me, I'd love to not have the huge suitcase albatross weighing me down, but it contains literally my entire life (sold everything when I left the States). I also need clothes for all types of climates/situations (ie suits for when I'm able to work, clothes for hot and cold climates, hiking boots and a tent, etc.) and don't really want to have to buy new things constantly.

ETA: I've been reading through this thread for a while and haven't really noticed any single females, although I don't know the sex of each poster and it may not have been obvious. Wondering if there are any here? I'm a little bit anxious about overland travel alone, reading about peoples' experiences on chicken buses and with the ubiquitous overbearing tuk tuks. Thailand seems easy enough to start with, I suppose.

It's better to buy new stuff as you go. It's okay though, you'll realize this eventually.

More women should travel solo. It's easier and far safer than you think, and as a woman you have a huge advantage in finding and ally when you need one. If you're in a dodgy city just recruit someone to go with you from the hotel / bar / hostel / Something Awful. The key is for you to recruit, not to just accept whatever help comes to you because that's always how you find you sheep in wolves clothes.

Edit: Reindeer is fine don't worry about him. I met him the last time I was in the city.

Chair Huxtable
Dec 27, 2004

Heavens me, just look at the time

sweetdee posted:

Oooh. Me! Me! Thailand is, for the most part, stupidly safe for a woman to travel alone. Just don't do anything stupid like go to the Full Moon Party or get blasted on Khao San solo. Oh, and just accept that every time you get into a taxi at night they're going to try to get in your room. Some locals really do think all white girls are easy.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
I can vouch for keeping underwear with ReindeerF. We swap thongs frequently after running around Nonthaburi.

Plane crashed in Burma yesterday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20841380
For anyone heading over there, better stick to the lovely 12 hour bus rides :P

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Ringo R posted:

Plane crashed in Burma yesterday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20841380
For anyone heading over there, better stick to the lovely 12 hour bus rides :P
I saw this! The story I read on Irrawady or somewhere said that the official line was an emergency landing, but that the unofficial story is that the pilot got mixed up in foul weather and thought the road was the local runway. This being Burma, you know, who knows?

Anyway, yeah, the lowest profile airline I'll fly here is Bangkok Airways or Nok Air. All those Royal Cambodge and Myanmar Airways and other bumblefuck airlines can wait a decade or so, heh.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

doesn't look so emergency landing-y to me

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
But it's emergency landing, Burmese style!

At the end of my Burma trip, I booked a flight from Bagan to Yangon but decided to take the scenic route so it made three stops, one of them being in Heho where the accident took place. Guess I'm lucky to be still alive :o Maybe still have those lovely Yangon Airways wet tissues they gave me after every take off somewhere.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
It's obviously fake because there aren't chicken crates and pig carcasses everywhere.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

DontAskKant posted:

It definitely is a sleepier capital but I always enjoyed the weather and the more laid back atmosphere than uptight singapore without the chaotic Bangkok feel.

You will have fun! Don't listen to these naysayer picky goons. And the thing is, even if you are bored you can always take a day trip to some where farther or some smaller city. Hit the mountains, go to ipoh/malakka. THe only problem I got with KL are the taxi drivers. Like BKK ones, a lot of them like to run off meter and negotiate, which can get annoying. Take public transportation and if you do want a ride, just ask the locals for some guesstimate.

Being based in Korea, you can't go wrong with Malaysia. Heck I got Japanese goons coming to HK and they already think the "Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Indian, Malasyian" places are heavenly" - but they are not interested in Chinese :ohdear:

sweetdee posted:

It's not the locals you have to watch out for, it's the other travelers who will constantly try to get into your pants if you stay at a hostel. I do hope you have your precious photos or whatever digital things backed up to some online storage. Some guys from Hong Kong biked to Paris, and got their laptop stolen without backing up their things when they reached germany :(

If you ever drop by HK you can leave them at my place.

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
I am at Lonely Beach, Ko Chang, and I need to get from, uhm, people. I am looking for a quiet place no further than 2-3 hours away (Ko Kut?) where I can eat nice food in privacy. Basically just somewhere I can read, write, eat and take strolls without having to socialize with human beings all the time. You know, gather my thoughts.

A good recommendation is going to be highly appreciated, trust me.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Some people's jobs are cooler than others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyK_9rsd-p4

(Bay of Thailand)

Ooner
Sep 24, 2005

I get into Bangkok late Friday night and am there through New Years Eve. Any recommendations on particularly fun NYE events or should I pretty much find a spot to get drunk and plan on being stuck there for 6 hours?

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Ooner posted:

I get into Bangkok late Friday night and am there through New Years Eve. Any recommendations on particularly fun NYE events or should I pretty much find a spot to get drunk and plan on being stuck there for 6 hours?
The only real question is venue. I think a lot of Thai people still go down to Central World (some still say World Trade Center) where there's a giant beer garden and countdown event. Thong Lo & Ekkamai for the high society crowd. RCA for the local university partying crowd and some farang teachers. Silom & Sukhumvit for the expat crowd. Khao San for the backpacker crowd. All those places will have tons of events going on, with Khao San being the most accessible for a newly arrived backpacker (if that's you, not making assumptions).

Ooner
Sep 24, 2005

Our hotel is in sukhumvit so we might do that for convenience. We're gay bar hopping in Silom saturday so hopefully we'll make friends to give us more advice and at some point between arrival and new years we'll end up at khao san and apparently there is nothing but information for travelers at every turn so that should help us get situated too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ooner
Sep 24, 2005

Should I even bother trying to unlock my iPhone or should I just get a cheap gsm pay as you go dumb phone when I land?