Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved
Yes! It was Ignition! Thank you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trademarked
Aug 26, 2006

Well, fancy that.
Really silly help needed. Back in the day I remember playing a 'game' on my dad's office pc which if I recall was a Compaq with Windows 95 on it. Anyways the 'game' was a first person game which had you looking for some lost pirate treasure on an island. The map was on a grid and you moved in NSEW directions. While looking for the treasure, you came across different people and objects which required you to answer basic computer knowledge questions in order to continue. The whole thing was pretty short and simple but I've had trouble finding it for nostalgia sake.

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ohjoshdarnit posted:

Ok, so I remember playing a demo of this PC game back in maybe the late 90s.
It was described as a non-linear and possibly open world game. I think the demo came with a gaming magazine and was getting a bit of hype from it. The main character was a greenish alien guy similar to Abe from Oddworld in appearance. I remember that the world you started out in was pretty green, but that is about it.

Feeble Files?

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Trademarked posted:

Really silly help needed. Back in the day I remember playing a 'game' on my dad's office pc which if I recall was a Compaq with Windows 95 on it. Anyways the 'game' was a first person game which had you looking for some lost pirate treasure on an island. The map was on a grid and you moved in NSEW directions. While looking for the treasure, you came across different people and objects which required you to answer basic computer knowledge questions in order to continue. The whole thing was pretty short and simple but I've had trouble finding it for nostalgia sake.
The closest I can get with my level of Google-Fu is Frankie's Treasure Hunt. And the only reference I can find seems to be this yahoo review, so not sure if the age fits: Clicky

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
I've been wondering what the game was called, but at least in Scandinavia it came on the two demo discs with the Playstation 1. It was a first-person-shooter and had this weird gun that changed to fire different ammo I think.

Also it had some kinds of robot enemies / cyborgs and it was kind of dark.

EDIT: No, wait, found it! It was Lifeforce Tenka.

live free or dont fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 21, 2012

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm looking for a game I used to play with my dad on the PC. It starts with a cgi intro of bees attacking some people.
It's a top down rpg or action game and the first part has a black widow talking to the pc, and the game as far as we remember it involves insects in some way or another.

We both think the game has morph or morf in its name. I tried looking for Anachromorp, Endomorph, Endomorf and all kinds of variations but can't find anything.

Please help us.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Peppi posted:

I'm looking for a game I used to play with my dad on the PC. It starts with a cgi intro of bees attacking some people.
It's a top down rpg or action game and the first part has a black widow talking to the pc, and the game as far as we remember it involves insects in some way or another.

We both think the game has morph or morf in its name. I tried looking for Anachromorp, Endomorph, Endomorf and all kinds of variations but can't find anything.

Please help us.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/world-of-aden-entomorph-plague-of-the-darkfall

EDIT: I actually still have a mint condition copy for sale; PM if interested.

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax

The Joe Man posted:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/world-of-aden-entomorph-plague-of-the-darkfall

EDIT: I actually still have a mint condition copy for sale; PM if interested.

Holy poo poo this is it. Thank you so much!

Not looking for a copy, but give me your steam name if you use it and I can gift you something small and nice for your trouble!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Peppi posted:

Holy poo poo this is it. Thank you so much!

Not looking for a copy, but give me your steam name if you use it and I can gift you something small and nice for your trouble!

Oh wow, thanks man! http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheJoeMan/wishlist/

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
This may be tricky, but I'm looking for a game that I want to say was an in-browser flash game, although it might have been a small download. It was this 2D open-world exploration type game where you were just this little bouncing ball, and you could find and use different ball types (some increased your bounce, some let you hover, some let you stick to surfaces, etc) to explore new areas with platforming challenges (tricky jumps, lasers, etc). It was surprising good time-waster but it wasn't finished yet and I wanted to revisit it, but can't seem to find it through google.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 22, 2012

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

take_it_slow posted:

Does anyone remember the name of a neat little indie game that came out within the last year. It reminded me a lot of yume nikki, in that you were a kid who went around transforming into different items based on what you touch. I remember that you start in your house and get blocked from going outside, possibly because you don't have an umbrella. At one point you turn into a submarine, and at another point you visit the moon, all in a quest for three eggs. Very simplistic graphical style. Any guesses?

Found it on an old computer! Foam by Stwelin.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

PageMaster posted:

This may be tricky, but I'm looking for a game that I want to say was an in-browser flash game, although it might have been a small download. It was this 2D open-world exploration type game where you were just this little bouncing ball, and you could find and use different ball types (some increased your bounce, some let you hover, some let you stick to surfaces, etc) to explore new areas with platforming challenges (tricky jumps, lasers, etc). It was surprising good time-waster but it wasn't finished yet and I wanted to revisit it, but can't seem to find it through google.

http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Within+a+Deep+Forest

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome, thanks!

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

There is this game i've been thinking about for a month, but i can not remember the name! It was about colonizing this alien planet, it was a rts, and the camera isometric (i think), please help if you can.

EDIT: Nevermind, i found the game myself! It was Outpost!

Eastbound Spider fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 23, 2012

felat
Apr 27, 2008

The game I'm looking for is an old-school grid based rpg (like Legend of Grimrock or the old Might and Magic series). It was in a medieval fantasy setting and you created a party of 6 with different classes (fighter, mage, rogue, etc.). What I do remember about the game is that you started on a beach and then entered a dungeon that had computers in it because (I'm not sure about this) it was a spaceship.

Big thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

felat posted:

The game I'm looking for is an old-school grid based rpg (like Legend of Grimrock or the old Might and Magic series). It was in a medieval fantasy setting and you created a party of 6 with different classes (fighter, mage, rogue, etc.). What I do remember about the game is that you started on a beach and then entered a dungeon that had computers in it because (I'm not sure about this) it was a spaceship.

Any chance you're mixing up the intro vid with the end-game section?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnDljhkO5jQ

felat
Apr 27, 2008

No it's not that one, it can't be the end of the game since I only played the one I'm looking for 3 hours tops! Thanks for the effort though!

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

felat posted:

Sounds a bit like Wizardry 8, where you start off crash landing on a beach and then explore an old monastery that has computers (and a microwave!) in it. Except Wizardry 8 isn't grid-based. http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/wizardry-8

Here's a random Let's Play that shows off the starting areas that I'm thinking of: http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/of-over-ambitious-rpgs-lets-play-wizardry-8.4174/

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

felat posted:

No it's not that one, it can't be the end of the game since I only played the one I'm looking for 3 hours tops! Thanks for the effort though!

Another guess:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RYsR6DI8TmI#t=299s

felat
Apr 27, 2008

CrookedB posted:

Sounds a bit like Wizardry 8, where you start off crash landing on a beach and then explore an old monastery that has computers (and a microwave!) in it. Except Wizardry 8 isn't grid-based. http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/wizardry-8

Here's a random Let's Play that shows off the starting areas that I'm thinking of: http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/of-over-ambitious-rpgs-lets-play-wizardry-8.4174/

That's it! Thank you so much, I'm in an old-school rpg mood and this is just what I wanted.

Thanks TheJoeMan for giving it a guess!

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
I completely forget the rest of the game, but I remember there was a level in this game where you went into some kind of computer or something, and you were running around on loosely connected platforms, where occasionally streams of tons of tiny orange squares would block your path so you would have to use some kind of weapon to push them away and destroy the source of the orange stuff. The only other thing I remember is that a few of them were set up in such a way that you would reach these rooms where you would be gradually uncovering giant holograms of other characters and story things would happen.

Argh, I can't even remember what the rest of the game was.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Phraggah posted:

I completely forget the rest of the game, but I remember there was a level in this game where you went into some kind of computer or something, and you were running around on loosely connected platforms, where occasionally streams of tons of tiny orange squares would block your path so you would have to use some kind of weapon to push them away and destroy the source of the orange stuff. The only other thing I remember is that a few of them were set up in such a way that you would reach these rooms where you would be gradually uncovering giant holograms of other characters and story things would happen.

Argh, I can't even remember what the rest of the game was.

Errr, Mass Effect 3?

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

Errr, Mass Effect 3?

Was it? As I said, I don't remember the rest of the game. Do you remember what the level was called?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Phraggah posted:

Was it? As I said, I don't remember the rest of the game. Do you remember what the level was called?
This is what that mission looks like. There may or may not be any spoilers later on in the video, but the first minute at least is safe to watch, I think.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

This is what that mission looks like. There may or may not be any spoilers later on in the video, but the first minute at least is safe to watch, I think.

That was it. That was bugging me a ton, thanks!

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

A while back I heard of this indie game in development. It was an RPG, where you play someone playing D&D; all the characters are paper cutouts on a coffee table, and the DM would do stuff like mess up dungeon layouts and have to redo them on the fly, or add monsters to a fight he thinks is going too well. I bookmarked it, but then had to format my hard drive. Haven't been able to track it back down since. It's been bugging me, even though I'm sure it stalled out and died; anyone remember this thing?

e: I also have the vague recollection of it being card driven? Like, you'd assemble a deck for each of the archtypes and each character would draw a hand. I could have hallucinated this, though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Heatwizard posted:

A while back I heard of this indie game in development. It was an RPG, where you play someone playing D&D; all the characters are paper cutouts on a coffee table, and the DM would do stuff like mess up dungeon layouts and have to redo them on the fly, or add monsters to a fight he thinks is going too well. I bookmarked it, but then had to format my hard drive. Haven't been able to track it back down since. It's been bugging me, even though I'm sure it stalled out and died; anyone remember this thing?

e: I also have the vague recollection of it being card driven? Like, you'd assemble a deck for each of the archtypes and each character would draw a hand. I could have hallucinated this, though.

You must be thinking of Card Hunter.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
I played this SNES game back in the day that I remember fondly and want to try again. It was a jrpg with the gimmick that instead of getting party members you built robots that you could customize and level up. I think the setting was modern day.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Token Cracker posted:

I played this SNES game back in the day that I remember fondly and want to try again. It was a jrpg with the gimmick that instead of getting party members you built robots that you could customize and level up. I think the setting was modern day.

Robotrek.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
I'm looking for a PC game that I think is from mid nineties. You had a grey bunker for a base and I think the game was set on Mars and if I recall correctly it was in pretty ugly 3D. You sent units from your base to attack enemy base and you could choose which units to build. I'm pretty sure one unit was a monster truck with a machine gun or something similar.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Idiootti posted:

I'm looking for a PC game that I think is from mid nineties. You had a grey bunker for a base and I think the game was set on Mars and if I recall correctly it was in pretty ugly 3D. You sent units from your base to attack enemy base and you could choose which units to build. I'm pretty sure one unit was a monster truck with a machine gun or something similar.

It's not in 3D and it's not set on Mars (though there is nothing but red, rocky terrain, IIRC), but KKnD had machine gun monster trucks.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Idiootti posted:

Try Z.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
The Z game might be it, but I can't really say for sure.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
There was this Arcade game where you had a guy inside the earth. You could dig simply by moving, but anything (even score items) would kill you if they fell on top of you. There was solid rock and dynamite too, and you had to use the latter to blast the former.

Help, goons!

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level

Azran posted:

There was this Arcade game where you had a guy inside the earth. You could dig simply by moving, but anything (even score items) would kill you if they fell on top of you. There was solid rock and dynamite too, and you had to use the latter to blast the former.

Help, goons!

That sounds like one of the Boulder Dash games to me.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Azran posted:

Help, goons!

Boulder Dash, or one of its many clones?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Holy crap, it is! Thanks a lot.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

I have a vague memory of something (I want to say around 1998-2001). You were in a snow covered town investigating a child's kidnapping. You had a camera and you took pictures around town, you gave the photos to someone who would tell you if there was anything interesting about them.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Brovstin posted:

I have a vague memory of something (I want to say around 1998-2001). You were in a snow covered town investigating a child's kidnapping. You had a camera and you took pictures around town, you gave the photos to someone who would tell you if there was anything interesting about them.

Huge longshot but...Anachronox?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlIqXk4YIR0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

That was it, thank you.