Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anyone got any good recommendations for So Bad It's Good movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Troll 2

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

mds2 posted:

Troll 2

That's so bad it's bad. Not good bad.

I recommended this earlier in the thread: 2-Headed Shark Attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCN-bX4qNPk

It's actually entertaining in its terribleness and confounding at times.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

me your dad posted:

That's so bad it's bad. Not good bad.

I recommended this earlier in the thread: 2-Headed Shark Attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCN-bX4qNPk

It's actually entertaining in its terribleness and confounding at times.

How dare you. Troll 2 is a masterpiece of so-bad-it's-good.

2-Headed Shark Attack was not even entertaining in a terrible way. It just sucks. The problem is that it's trying to be cheesy and over-the-top ridiculous. Terrible movies that are good result from their earnestness and unintentional hilarity.

Some good terrible movies are Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Howling 3. I really can't think of anything that's not horror besides The Room.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

The FP is the only answer to this.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Dungeonmaster

Warrior of the Lost World

Conan (Arnold version)

Theater of Blood

Starcrash

Return of the Killer Tomatoes

Riki-Oh: The Story of Riki

Commando

Steele Justice

Rubber Ducky
Nov 5, 2009
Just finished Troll Hunter. Excellent film if you have not seen it.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Wow, go watch Berlin Undead. If you think it's like any zombie movie you've seen before, it's not. There's hardly any up-close violence, it's more about these 10 or so people trapped in an apartment block near Berlin while zombies overrun the city. Also there's a really cool twist with the zombification process that adds a lot to the movie.

(German with English subtitles)

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

potee posted:

Wow, go watch Berlin Undead. If you think it's like any zombie movie you've seen before, it's not. There's hardly any up-close violence, it's more about these 10 or so people trapped in an apartment block near Berlin while zombies overrun the city. Also there's a really cool twist with the zombification process that adds a lot to the movie.

(German with English subtitles)
I couldn't find this searching on Netflix for "Berlin Undead." It's in under "Rammbock."

goku chewbacca has a new favorite as of 05:25 on Dec 26, 2012

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Okonner posted:

The FP is the only answer to this.

This is Dance Dance Revolution meets The Warriors in 8 Mile. Check it out, it's fantastic.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Deadite posted:

I'm halfway through Queen of Versailles and it's crazy. If you like documentaries check it out.

Even if you don't like documentaries it is worth it to see how these filthy rich people act when the money disappears.

Yeah. It's entertaining on a trashy reality show level, but everything going on in the film, from the horrible couple at its center making hundreds of millions hawking timeshares to their blue collar marks to the stupid ugly house they were building and their horrible family is pretty representative of the recent era of America.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

scary ghost dog posted:

This is Dance Dance Revolution meets The Warriors in 8 Mile. Check it out, it's fantastic.

I was all :psyduck: so I looked it up and your description is surprisingly accurate.

Netflix posted:

In this outrageous sci-fi send-up, revenge-thirsty warrior JTRO and merciless L Dubba E wage a bitter turf war for control of Frazier Park, with dominance turning on mastery of the ancient techniques of the dance video game Beat Beat Revolution.

Average of 7,984 ratings: 2.8 stars

meh why not.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

Zwabu posted:

Yeah. It's entertaining on a trashy reality show level, but everything going on in the film, from the horrible couple at its center making hundreds of millions hawking timeshares to their blue collar marks to the stupid ugly house they were building and their horrible family is pretty representative of the recent era of America.

I watched it tonight after checking this thread, and while there's a lot of "Holy poo poo, this family," I think the wife (in particular) came across as sympathetic. Not so much the husband, but the wife and a few of the kids seemed normal, especially by the end.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

AGirlWonder posted:

I watched it tonight after checking this thread, and while there's a lot of "Holy poo poo, this family," I think the wife (in particular) came across as sympathetic. Not so much the husband, but the wife and a few of the kids seemed normal, especially by the end.

I thought the adult son that they talked to was the most sympathetic. Him describing his relationship with his dad and the stunts his dad pulled while he was growing up was just sad.

Of course he loses a little sympathy be telling time-share salesmen that they are just as much a lifesaver as doctors and firemen.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Came home for the holidays to find my family halfway through Queen of Versailles. I don't think I can ever watch Arrested Development the same way again. :smith:

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

The Human Tornado

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
:siren: "That Mitchell and Webb Look" will no longer be available after 1/1/13. :siren:

Check your list. It's not the only title that will no longer be available on the 1st.

The Story of 1 is also gonna be cut.

e: numberwang

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Dec 27, 2012

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Reign Of Pain posted:

:siren: "That Mitchell and Webb Look" will no longer be available after 1/1/13. :siren:

Check your list. It's not the only title that will no longer be available on the 1st.

loving unacceptable, I love having Mitchell and Webb to go to when I need a pick up.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

You need to be in the mood for a very specific type of So Bad It's Good, but a few days ago I watched The Master of Disguise and loved every awful minute of it. Dana Carvey talks like Shrek in one scene. And there's a Master of Disguise rap. Brent Spiner plays an evil gangster who ends most of his scenes with maniacal laughter, followed by farting.

Twitch has a new favorite as of 12:12 on Dec 27, 2012

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Reign Of Pain posted:

Nooooooo! :negative: I need regular fixes of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar, dammit. Anyone know if it's available on dvd for the US?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Anyone that likes TM&WL should check out "That Mitchel and Webb Situation" on Youtube. Basically the same show, but no laugh track and a bit darker tone. It's pretty short though (even by Brit standards).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Reign Of Pain posted:

No. No. loving god DAMMIT. I hate how Netflix loses all the good poo poo and keeps huge amounts of the cinematic equivalent of a wet fart around. Is it available on any other streaming services?

bonestructure posted:

Anyone know if it's available on dvd for the US?

Nope. BBC america has a listing for Season 1 on DVD but all you can do is sign up to be notified when it's released.

Ugly In The Morning has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Dec 27, 2012

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Analytic Engine posted:

Anyone that likes TM&WL should check out "That Mitchel and Webb Situation" on Youtube. Basically the same show, but no laugh track and a bit darker tone. It's pretty short though (even by Brit standards).

There's also "Peep Show", which stars Mitchell and Webb. its a totally different kind of humor, but it's really good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

10 Beers posted:

There's also "Peep Show", which stars Mitchell and Webb. its a totally different kind of humor, but it's really good.

I think it's pretty funny, but it takes me forever to get through a season. I guess it's like what people mean when they say something like Arrested Development is "hard to watch". It gets so awkward that sometimes I have to turn it off because I can't bear to look.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Human Tornada posted:

The Human Tornado

Also, Disco Godfather.

So many classic Rudy Ray quotes after seeing this one.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

I like to think of Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn and the previously mentioned Dungeonmaster as parts 1 & 2 of the Jeffrey Byron vs. Richard Moll trilogy that was never completed.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Human Tornada posted:

The Human Tornado

This is the correct answer, the whole movie is so wonderfully, enthusiastically batshit and I love every minute of it.

There's one fight scene towards the end where rather than doing actual fight choreography they just play the film at 2x speed while an electric organ yammers in the background, it's loving great.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
FDR: American Badass was just added to Netflix instant. Everyone needs to watch it, immediately.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Twitch posted:

FDR: American Badass was just added to Netflix instant. Everyone needs to watch it, immediately.

Wife and kid has gone to bed. Pizza leftovers are in the oven. This is going to be good!

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
Is there some way to look at television shows, and sort the list by the date added to Netflix? Sometimes the interface drives me nuts.

fog licker
Dec 3, 2005

I'm half-machine!

particle409 posted:

Is there some way to look at television shows, and sort the list by the date added to Netflix? Sometimes the interface drives me nuts.

I may be imagining things but I feel like Netflix used to have that option. I use InstantWatcher.com for that these days: http://instantwatcher.com/genres/282?order=date%28titles.created_at%29+desc%2C+alphabetical_title+asc

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
So I just noticed that all of The West Wing is up, and it's the Widescreen HD version. I suggest everyone get on this.

edit: last page, dude!

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
Did anyone mention that Iron Sky is on Netflix?

Best Finnish film about Space Nazis I've ever seen.

7of7
Jul 1, 2008
I watched Castaway on the Moon last night and thought it was pretty cute.

It's generally about a guy who tries to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge into the Han river but gets stranded on an island in the middle instead. At first I thought it was going to be literally Cast Away with one character screaming at inanimate objects the whole film but there's a fairly cute twist in the middle. It's in Korean with English subtitles available.

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!

Crowley posted:

I had some friends over for a bad movie night, and this was the best bad movie of them all.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Twitch posted:

Crowley posted:

Oh man it is on tonight. Gonna ring in the new year with some so-bad-they're-good movies.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Reign Of Pain posted:

I have failed miserably because I thought I would still have today to power through what remained of TM&WL, but alas it's gone and I'm only halfway through. It looks like a good portion of the bits and pieces are on Youtube, I'll just have to satisfy myself with that and hope it comes back or gets made available on DVD.

I will be forever grateful to the thread for making me aware of Mitchell and Webb. I'd never heard of them before this, and TM&WL is one of the most consistently funny things I've seen since Second City TV in its glory days.

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*
The second season of Portlandia is finally up.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Chillerama is great for this type of thing, plus it is actually funny.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Chillerama/70209238?trkid=2361637

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Jeff, Who Lives at Home is out now. I thought it was a pretty good, mellow comedy.

• Locked thread