Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I Love You! posted:

Aw man, just realized that B2G isnt going to be hitting the stretch goal for the spacejam theme, and it would probably be impossible for any sort of grassroots/fan campaign to get the rights to succeed.

Keep the faith, friend; there are 5 days yet remaining and it's possible there will be some shocking surprises or an unexpected last minute push that just barely touches and gently tickles $200,000.

But if not it'll probably at least go high enough for us to get the bonus dungeon and animated cutscenes which sound like meaningful and ownage-tier game content upgrades so KEEP DONATING thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

memomi
Dec 16, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Chef Boyardee posted:

Well, like half of us have gotten violently ill and are basically incapacitated so we can't do much of anything right now. I wanted to post an update yesterday but I was too busy barfing, so that's part of it. But the other thing is that I just don't feel comfortable milking this for every last dime. It's why we've only posted 4 updates, because we don't want to saturate your inboxes, and why I think we've been comparatively low key. It would be cool if journalists wanted to post it of their own volition, but we don't want to pimp the game out.

Also, in response to madeupfred's post, yeah, it probably will. We're going to have to spend a lot of time on the controls because right now they're really bad and it feels like playing a roguelike, but in the end you will be able to change keys.

That reminds me, when are the Paypal donators going to start getting their exclusive Personal Friend of ToG updates?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

here's something I made

Warning: May be erotic for Child

The full version fits a DVD case and makes the perfect xmas gift to accompany a kickstarter preorder.

I like how you avoided the "Charles Barkley" naming rights problem by referring to the original game as "Chef Boyardee's Barkley."

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Maybe I'm retarded (probably), but is there anyway I can buy a pledge for a buddy of mine? I've already thrown some money at it for myself, but I can't find any way to gift things. Am I just looking at creating an account for him and emailing him the info?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

TheDuke posted:

Maybe I'm retarded (probably), but is there anyway I can buy a pledge for a buddy of mine? I've already thrown some money at it for myself, but I can't find any way to gift things. Am I just looking at creating an account for him and emailing him the info?

You could probably do it via Paypal if you wanted. It would probably be easier.

memomi posted:

That reminds me, when are the Paypal donators going to start getting their exclusive Personal Friend of ToG updates?

Probably when we start sending them. That is, after the Kickstarter is over. You're not missing any secret updates.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
I'm sure this has been posted in the thread before, but it is eternally relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCF-QFuoYs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SurrealityCheck posted:

I'm sure this has been posted in the thread before, but it is eternally relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCF-QFuoYs

Godzilla's got some sweet Kareem Abdul-Jabbar glasses.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

NickRoweFillea posted:

Godzilla's got some sweet Kareem Abdul-Jabbar glasses.
The first thing I thought of when I watched that video was "drat they actually made custom glasses for that fuckin Godzilla model".

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

That commercial is funny, but it is not canon. The comic book, on the other hand...

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I love that Barkley continues the JRPG tradition of senselessly naming characters after random mythology figures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%BA_Chulainn

The Sworn Enemy of all ballers once fought for the Scottish and went into a "Warp Spasm" (this sounds like a JRPG special attack - chef, now you know what to call his ultimate power) when enraged!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Non-denominational season's greetings, Barkley 2 thread. For X-mas, I received a pledge to the Barkley 2 campaign in my name. I come to this thread seeking reimbursement for my baka family's poor decisions, and compensation for emotional damages sustained to the tune of 5.000.000 yen (approx. $5000). I will be seeking litigation for this travesty if my demands are not met. Barkley 2 is a mockery of true vidcons everywhere, and it is a project that no true self-respecting nihonjin should be supporting.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

Non-denominational season's greetings, Barkley 2 thread. For X-mas, I received a pledge to the Barkley 2 campaign in my name. I come to this thread seeking reimbursement for my baka family's poor decisions, and compensation for emotional damages sustained to the tune of 5.000.000 yen (approx. $5000). I will be seeking litigation for this travesty if my demands are not met. Barkley 2 is a mockery of true vidcons everywhere, and it is a project that no true self-respecting nihonjin should be supporting.

5,000,000 yen is almost $60000 dollars. You are mockery of true vidcon gamers everywhwere.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
All this time and I forgot to congratulate TOG for creating assets for the game before starting the Kickstarter. That's like ahead of 99% of other Kickstarters. Also, I'd like to see mid 90's era adventure game animation, I love that stuff.

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005
I love that everything is reminiscent of mid 90s games including the music that sounds like Dreamweb and Shadowrun. Hopefully there's a last minute "gifting" option so I can get it to friends.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

timeandtide posted:

I love that Barkley continues the JRPG tradition of senselessly naming characters after random mythology figures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%BA_Chulainn

Don't you see? It is they who have inspired our own ancient mythologies!!

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Finally, a reason for TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEADS to support the vidcon kickstart.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

5,000,000 yen is almost $60000 dollars. You are mockery of true vidcon gamers everywhwere.

I don't work in degenerate American currency often, sorry. I guess it works that this pitiful excuse for a Kickstarter is performing well, because I will be paid my dues or else. I come from a long lineage of some of Japan's finest lawyers, whose peerless logic could shatter the frail mind of any typical American lawyer.

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms
Merry Christmas slammers and jammers.

There is nothing like listening your favorite Christmas Barkley remixes next to the yule log.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVQbtnm1Ixs

Have a very Barkley Christmas.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

timeandtide posted:

The Sworn Enemy of all ballers once fought for the Scottish and went into a "Warp Spasm" (this sounds like a JRPG special attack - chef, now you know what to call his ultimate power) when enraged!

It's not totally random, Tír na nÓg and Cúchulainn are both from the same lore. I think that the focus on Irish mythology must have been inspired by the visual novel/anime Clannad. I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Donated to start the final push to the Super Bowl ad.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Hatbox Ghost posted:

It's not totally random, Tír na nÓg and Cúchulainn are both from the same lore. I think that the focus on Irish mythology must have been inspired by the visual novel/anime Clannad. I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

Make jokes?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Chef Boyardee posted:

will there be joke's ?
NO.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
As a paypal backer my curiosity as to the contents of the latest kickstarter update is slaying me like deadly gun's.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
When will my daki sleeve arrive???

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

HMS Boromir posted:

As a paypal backer my curiosity as to the contents of the latest kickstarter update is slaying me like deadly gun's.

Hey now, gun's don't kill people, gun'sbrasters kill people.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

55 hours remain and it's now less than $2000 to reach the dungeon. Don't forget, if they don't reach the next stretch goal they will use all the money over $90,000 to buy Mountain Dew and Cheetos.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I see nothing wrong with ToG having $1,999 to spend on Mt. Dew and Cheetos.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't believe this hasn't broken 200k by now. Tim Schafer, you are a false prophet.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Schwarzwald posted:

I like how you avoided the "Charles Barkley" naming rights problem by referring to the original game as "Chef Boyardee's Barkley."

How does the other Chef Boyardee feel about this?

Also CB, are you the one responsible for the dozen or so NES rom hacks all starring Wilford Brimley?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Node posted:

The previous goal was $90,000, so they'll have almost $10,000 (minus fees and embezzlement) to spend on gamer fuel.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Node posted:

..........."Mt. Dew and Cheetos" is a funny way to spell "pocky."

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
If you're a gaijin who is getting the cyberdwarf tsundere dakimakura, I recommend you read this book in order to take proper care of your new hasubando. Of course, us true doom-murder heads already know how to properly take care of our most precious belongings.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Loanarn posted:

Merry Christmas slammers and jammers.

There is nothing like listening your favorite Christmas Barkley remixes next to the yule log.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVQbtnm1Ixs

Have a very Barkley Christmas.

This owns.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Am I the only one who thought of GunValkyrie for the XBox when I saw "Tir-Na-Nog"? Maybe it's because I recently played through it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGQY9ZJPnsg

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I want to donate 100$, but I don't know what to actually do with a cyberdwarf pillowcase :qq:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Call Now posted:

I want to donate 100$, but I don't know what to actually do with a cyberdwarf pillowcase :qq:

We don't judge others in this thread.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Call Now posted:

You sleep and cuddle with it when you put a pillow in it, you baka gaijin.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Yaos posted:

55 hours remain and it's now less than $2000 to reach the dungeon. Don't forget, if they don't reach the next stretch goal they will use all the money over $90,000 to buy Mountain Dew and Cheetos.

They said Paypal money will be counted toward stretch goals, and they made over a thousand that way.

Edit: Chef Boyardee, I paid via Paypal so I can't see the backer rewards update. Could you post it here, or if you can't do that, email it to me at brainiacnutjob {at) hotmail (dot} com?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 27, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

This was what I thought the title was supposed to be at first. I hadn't heard of Tir Na Nog otherwise. But now I am a changed man, for I have read wikipedia.

Call Now posted:

Oh, I can think of a few things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

I poured days of my life into this game called Tir Na Nog featuring Cú Chulainn back on the C64. Warning spoilers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uh9uH9GQiY