Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Ref posted:

Is this a special exception to the price being more than 9.99 for the 2k coupon to work?

Oh I'm an idiot. My bad. We'll have it for $7.49 and forgot 2K was $9.99+ not $4.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

RobattoJesus posted:

How is NBA 2k12? I know next to nothing about basketball, and 2k13 is a bit pricey for something I might hate, but I'd be willing to take a shot on 2k12 for $4.99 if it's basically the same game with last years data (which will go over my head anyway).

It was once called the Greatest Sports game in this generation. So far, I think 12 is better than 13.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

AmazonTony posted:

This is a good point, and one we've provided feedback to the pubs on. Just as a note though, SRTT was $7.49 for almost 12 hours on Christmas day, we sold A LOT OF UNITS at that price.
No doubt, that's a ridiculous price, and it's what I paid for it on Steam. It's not really a good example since it's already so low. I was just debating yesterday whether to get a copy of SR3 or the THQ pack as a gift with my coupon, and finding that my coupon wouldn't result in a price I couldn't already get was a little disappointing. $5 THQ pack though, holy poo poo.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

It was once called the Greatest Sports game in this generation. So far, I think 12 is better than 13.

If you don't care about rosters (and I'm sure you could find some updated ones somewhere anyway) 2K12 is fantastic. I've played a bunch of '11, '12 and '13 and I prefer 2K12 out of them all.

e: Just make sure you have a controller of some kind as it's unplayable with kb/m.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I currently have just the Civ 5 base game and I'd like to upgrade with Gods and Kings, and maybe all the things in the GOTY edition if it's cheap. Should I just use my 2K coupon on the strategy bundle now, or will there be a cheaper way in the 12/28 Civ sale? I don't really care about Civ 4 or Stronghold so buying that bundle just for G&K seems wasteful.

I suppose I could just wait and see.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

BIFF! posted:

If you don't care about rosters (and I'm sure you could find some updated ones somewhere anyway) 2K12 is fantastic. I've played a bunch of '11, '12 and '13 and I prefer 2K12 out of them all.

e: Just make sure you have a controller of some kind as it's unplayable with kb/m.

Thanks guys, just picked it up. Doesn't activate on Steam which is a bit of a pain, but for $4.99 I can't complain.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

^^^ There's a Steam DRM option on the page for it. Edit: Oh, the sale price doesn't even apply to the Steam version. Is that intentional?

Are the servers gone for NBA 2K12 at this point? Does that affect anything other than being able to play online multiplayer?

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

Armor-Piercing posted:

^^^ There's a Steam DRM option on the page for it.

Are the servers gone for NBA 2K12 at this point? Does that affect anything other than being able to play online multiplayer?

The Steam option is $20.

e: Also if anyone needs any more convincing which version to buy:

Goon 2K13 Dev posted:

If you are going to buy, buy it for the console. Seriously, I told you guys this before it was released. It is a far better version of the game
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506452&pagenumber=13#post410903474

BIFF! fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 26, 2012

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Armor-Piercing posted:

^^^ There's a Steam DRM option on the page for it.
Steam version isn't discounted. I'm starting to feel like publishers hate customers by limiting what versions of thnings they put on sale.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Master_Odin posted:

Steam version isn't discounted. I'm starting to feel like publishers hate customers by limiting what versions of thnings they put on sale.

This doesn't have anything to do with the publisher, we're Price Matching NBA2K12 and must have forgotten to match the Steam version.

I've rattled the hamster cage and they are now running on the wheels. Should be in place in the next 30 min-1 hour.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

AmazonTony posted:

This doesn't have anything to do with the publisher, we're Price Matching NBA2K12 and must have forgotten to match the Steam version.

I've rattled the hamster cage and they are now running on the wheels. Should be in place in the next 30 min-1 hour.

Any chance of the Steam versions of MLB 2k11/2k12 getting matched as well?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

iastudent posted:

Any chance of the Steam versions of MLB 2k11/2k12 getting matched as well?

Looking at it now.

Dec 4, 2004
Tony, I missed the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle. Are there plans to repeat it?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Was there supposed to be a 2K coupon? Do you not get it for buying Civ V G+K?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

6174 posted:

Tony, I missed the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle. Are there plans to repeat it?

Yeah it'll be $14.99 next week and we're adding it to the Editor's Choice list.

e: I keep forgetting you all hate signatures.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Was there supposed to be a 2K coupon? Do you not get it for buying Civ V G+K?

You get it for PC, not Mac, if you bought the PC version and haven't gotten a coupon send me your order ID.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

AmazonTony posted:

Cheers,
Tony

Please tell me when that happens you finally managed to get the Steam key option.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Hey Tony, is there a chance that The Secret World is going to go any lower, or has it already? Thanks! These Christmas deals have been fantastic!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

AmazonTony posted:

You get it for PC, not Mac, if you bought the PC version and haven't gotten a coupon send me your order ID.

I got Mac. That's what I get for trying to beat the system.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Well, I went back to get the Tantalizing THQ Medley now that my paycheck went through and it's no longer available. Any idea when/if it'll be back up?

Dec 4, 2004

AmazonTony posted:

e: I keep forgetting you all hate signatures.

Nice. My indecisiveness pays off with the extra Editor's Choice coupon. Thanks for the info.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Spincut posted:

Hey Tony, is there a chance that The Secret World is going to go any lower, or has it already? Thanks! These Christmas deals have been fantastic!

Yep, we'll have it on sale and part of the Editor's Choice List in January, it'll be $17.99 or $12.99 after coupon.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Well, I went back to get the Tantalizing THQ Medley now that my paycheck went through and it's no longer available. Any idea when/if it'll be back up?

I'll pitch it.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

AmazonTony posted:

Yep, we'll have it on sale and part of the Editor's Choice List in January, it'll be $17.99 or $12.99 after coupon.

Awesome, thanks!

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

AmazonTony posted:

Awesome news. Thanks!

efb

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Just to confirm: I only get one of those 2K $5 off coupons, regardless of how many 2K titles I might have bought over the year. Right?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

AmazonTony posted:

I'll pitch it.

Thanks a ton.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

AmazonTony posted:

Is there any way I can swap the non-Steam version I just bought for the Steam version or am I stuck?

Edit: vvvvvvv Sweet, thanks Tony!

RobattoJesus fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 27, 2012

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

RobattoJesus posted:

Is there any way I can swap the non-Steam version I just bought for the Steam version or am I stuck?

Contact CS, tell them you bought the wrong version and they'll hook you up. Happens all the time.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Drunk Tomato posted:

Just to confirm: I only get one of those 2K $5 off coupons, regardless of how many 2K titles I might have bought over the year. Right?

FACT

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
I'm sorry if I missed something, but is Titan Quest: Immortal Throne slated to go on sale this season?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm sorry if I missed something, but is Titan Quest: Immortal Throne slated to go on sale this season?

THQ tittles had a big sale but I don't know exactly if TQ was a part of it, it was also a part of the previous Humble Bundle as beat the average item. Knowing THQ's situation, you'll be able to get it on sale soon again.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
My girlfriend got me one of the Paradox packs for Christmas. It's on her Amazon account which is okay because I can log into it and get my serial keys(several of them activate on Steam) but it'd be awfully handy if I could get the download links in my own digital library. She says she didn't see a gift option anywhere when she was buying it. Is there anything we can do?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Guillermus posted:

THQ tittles had a big sale but I don't know exactly if TQ was a part of it, it was also a part of the previous Humble Bundle as beat the average item. Knowing THQ's situation, you'll be able to get it on sale soon again.

I got the bundle, but the expansion was not a part of that. I am hoping to snag just that (relatively) cheaply, thanks to the bundle most packs would probably be just a bunch of overlap with my existing library.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

AmazonTony posted:

This, please continue to provide feedback regarding what we could be doing better.

Understand that if your feedback sounds like you will will never be satisfied with anyone other than free games, I will likely ignore you.

If you think a deal could be better, or straight up sucks, please feel free to express that though as it helps me build better deals for the future.

The deals you guys have produced have been plain awesome and the fact that you pricematch is fantastic but hands on the best thing about buying from Amazon is that bundles have individual keys for all games. So countlessly many times I have looked at some bundle and went "Man, this is loving great deal, real steal.....wait, I own half of these games already, this is completely worthless deal for me".

Even if the deal would be good enough that it would be worth it to purchase, the fact that some of the games will "go waste" actually does make be not buy bundles.

If you are taking requests, force Silicon Knights to release Blood Omen 1 and 2 on Steam and then do Legacy of Kain bundle with Steam keys :v:.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Puistokemisti posted:

The deals you guys have produced have been plain awesome and the fact that you pricematch is fantastic but hands on the best thing about buying from Amazon is that bundles have individual keys for all games. So countlessly many times I have looked at some bundle and went "Man, this is loving great deal, real steal.....wait, I own half of these games already, this is completely worthless deal for me".

Even if the deal would be good enough that it would be worth it to purchase, the fact that some of the games will "go waste" actually does make be not buy bundles.

Seconding this.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Any sneak peak about the Editor's Choice prices you have settled on, or is it mostly up in the air still? I know you already mentioned KoA and TSW.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Do we have an idea yet on what price Civ 5: Gods and Kings will end up being for Civ-Sale-Day?

It's $15 right now, $10 with the $5 off coupon. But I'm hoping it will go lower. :3:

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Meta Ridley posted:

Any sneak peak about the Editor's Choice prices you have settled on, or is it mostly up in the air still? I know you already mentioned KoA and TSW.

This page has a bunch of titles up now, but I believe Tony has said more might be added:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

EDIT: In fact, The Secret World is not listed on that page, but earlier on this page, Tony says it will be part of the sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is is possible to use an Amazon Visa card's rewards points on a digital download title? Every time I try to change payment method, it has me re-enter my card details to "confirm an authorized use of my account" but then dumps me back on the checkout page without giving me a chance to select payment method.

• Locked thread