Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

89 posted:

New pics up. One thing though....are these the main characters from GTA3, GTA: VC, and GTA: SA in the same screenshot?

Everyone (except radio people) from the GTA3 era is dead. They are never coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Everyone (except radio people) from the GTA3 era is dead. They are never coming back.

Why is there such a large group of people who don't get this. We've said it many times here.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

For the briefest moment, I thought this was a picture of a man and a shark free-falling from the edge of space, and thought of Douglas Adams

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sharks? Awesome and also gently caress the ocean in this game. Then again, submersibles. :aaa:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Whats the general opinion on GTA3 and VC on Android? I got a Galaxy s3 for christmas...I kind of hate touch controls for most things but I thought maybe the increase in screen real estate might help things.

Edit: And I don't suppose San Andreas is on it's way?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
It's okay to play, if you really hate touch controls it will still suck though. If you have a PS3 controller you can use that.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Whats the general opinion on GTA3 and VC on Android? I got a Galaxy s3 for christmas...I kind of hate touch controls for most things but I thought maybe the increase in screen real estate might help things.

I'd love to know what VC is like, but whenever I go to buy it, the Google Store tells me it's not available in my country yet.

I live in the US. :psyduck:

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Vice City is a little better on control than GTA3 but the best way to play either is with a bluetooth controller. With a controller, its a near perfect copy.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I've tried playing Vice City on my Nexus 7 and just cannot get used to the touch control. I just keep screwing it up royally every time it's important. Even just plain driving is overly challenging if you don't want to wait at every red light -- not a problem with regular controls.

A bluetooth controller sounds nice, but I don't see myself ever pulling one out on transit. I guess if I really want to play Vice City again I may as well do it at 1920x1200 on my Steam copy.

Side note, if I recall correctly, I was able to carry my Vice City save over from CD to Steam. Took me 5 years to beat but I did it eventually. No such luck with San Andreas though... I loved that game, but my DVD copy crashed incessantly (I suspect the disc protection was at fault). It worked flawlessly on Steam, but it was a bitter pill to restart from the beginning. One day.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Do you guys know what the consequences of the various GTA4 "decisions" are? I always have this nagging feeling that by deciding to kill someone instead of letting them live, I'm missing out on content like entire missions and such.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
All I know is you def want to kill playboy x, which gets you his jailbird friend as a phone friend. He's a depressing dude but if he likes you you'll be able to call him and get 2 goons to follow you around and help out. Which is way fun.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

KKKlean Energy posted:

Do you guys know what the consequences of the various GTA4 "decisions" are? I always have this nagging feeling that by deciding to kill someone instead of letting them live, I'm missing out on content like entire missions and such.

Here's the complete guide to decisions in GTA IV and what they cause: http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Storyline_choices_%28GTA_IV%29

Basically almost all of them involve "if you let this guy survive, then you get one additional random character mission out of them".

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The choices are dumb and it doesn't really matter.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit: And I don't suppose San Andreas is on it's way?
It's a safe assumption, but they won't announce it until a couple weeks before release.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well if you kill Playboy( right? ) you get the GTA3 Claude outfit, which really pissed me off that I missed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Dave posted:

Well if you kill Playboy( right? ) you get the GTA3 Claude outfit, which really pissed me off that I missed.

You get that outfit and his penthouse, which is the best crib in the game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Why wouldn't you kill Playboy? Dude's a loving tool. Also you get another safe house with the sweet Claude clothes. It brings a certain nostalgic charm wearing that.

I mean Playboy, he ain't that cool anyways to keep living.

Hell he still berates you if you go for the other decision when he was the one who wanted it in the first place.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 28, 2012

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Install Gentoo posted:

Here's the complete guide to decisions in GTA IV and what they cause: http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Storyline_choices_%28GTA_IV%29

Basically almost all of them involve "if you let this guy survive, then you get one additional random character mission out of them".

:stare: That is one comprehensive website...

SMP
May 5, 2009

Quick IV video editor question: Is it possible for the clip capture feature to capture footage from activities, like pool or bowling? I took a few clips of each activity but it only recorded the before/after.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Fans of Love Fist, rejoice! Rockstar has finally officially released the music of Love Fist from Vice City on iTunes. It is titled Love Fist EP.

Next year, I bet we see OG Loc and/or Madd Dogg albums for the San Andreas 10th Anniversary.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Zedicus Mann posted:

Fans of Love Fist, rejoice! Rockstar has finally officially released the music of Love Fist from Vice City on iTunes. It is titled Love Fist EP.

I love the thought but two of the those are already out and the other two songs are a whopping 1:40 long.

crunk and white
Apr 21, 2008

by Ralp
Does nobody play GTAIV multiplayer anymore? Whenever I go into matchmaking I get placed in games with one or two other players. Am I choosing weirdly bad options, or does it matter that I'm playing off of Liberty City Stories?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

crunk and white posted:

Does nobody play GTAIV multiplayer anymore? Whenever I go into matchmaking I get placed in games with one or two other players. Am I choosing weirdly bad options, or does it matter that I'm playing off of Liberty City Stories?

Nobody plays it anymore, LCS or otherwise.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

crunk and white posted:

What platform? It's still in the top-15 most played xbox live games.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

crunk and white posted:

" LIVE Activity for week of December 31st

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Halo 4
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
NBA 2K13
Skyrim
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Assassin’s Creed III
Madden NFL 13
Far Cry 3
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 2
GTA IV
Borderlands 2
Gears of War 3
Halo: Reach
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Horizon
EA SPORTS NHL 13

Games for Windows Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
GTA IV
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
Age of Empires Online
Batman Arkham City
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Fable III
Resident Evil 5
Fallout 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Bioshock 2
Microsoft Flight
DiRT 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
Dead Rising 2
Colin McRae : Dirt 2
F1 2011
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Resident Evil Racoon City
Bulletstorm
Street Fighter IV

These lists are based on global unique users connected to Xbox Live or in the case of Arcade and Indie Games, full versions purchased during the week.

Some content (and therefore the links) may not be available in all Xbox LIVE regions."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

crunk and white posted:

Dont use matchmaking, go into "Custom Match" via your phone. It'll be like a regular server browser then.

TheJoker138 posted:

Nobody plays it anymore, LCS or otherwise.
Not true, at least for PC. Also I dont think LCS has multiplayer, youre thinking EFLC?

Cage fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 12, 2013

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

ElwoodCuse posted:

I love the thought but two of the those are already out and the other two songs are a whopping 1:40 long.
I listened to the EP on Spotify, and "Down Down Down" and "Fist Till Morning" barely have lyrics. That's a bit disappointing, honestly (although I suppose you could argue that "FIST! FIST! FIST TILL MORNING!" is all the lyrics you ever need).

At least "Dangerous Bastard" still owns. :rock:

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

There were two already released? I only knew about "Dangerous Bastard" being on the Vice City Soundtrack on the V-Rock volume.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zedicus Mann posted:

There were two already released? I only knew about "Dangerous Bastard" being on the Vice City Soundtrack on the V-Rock volume.

Love Fist Fury or whatever it was called has been floating around forever too. I could have sworn it was also on the V-Rock volume of the soundtrack.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not on the VRock CD. Though, it's not like it's hard to just extract it from the ingame soundtrack.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Well the new Corvette was unveiled yesterday and it looks like they're already unwrapping the GT5 version tomorrow for free. Looks nice in this video:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/14/test-drive-the-2014-corvette-stingray-in-gran-turismo-5/

Edit: vv Well you got that right, too many GT*5 bookmarked threads. I'll leave it there to display my stupidity.

Double-edit: It's a "Dave" hat trick!

davebo fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 15, 2013

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Someone got the wrong "Gran T..." thread.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Let me introduce myself, I'm a social disease.

The Dave posted:

Someone got the wrong "Gran T..." thread.

I just re-read his post like 3 times, looking back and fourth at the link with my mouth agape trying to compute what was happening.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

GTA V release date announced: September 17.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Don't get me wrong, I am bummed out about the delay, but thank god, because I have a massive game backlog and there was no way I was going to get through that before GTAV's release.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Alright, I am going to play GTA IV, and want it to look beautiful. What is a recommended texture pack and iceEnhancer setting that won't murder my framerate?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Does anybody have the link to the old hype thread from when Vice City was coming out? I used to know where the post that had all of them was but I can't find it in any of the places In thought it was.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know about a hype thread, but here is a thread made the day before the game came out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=293299&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=281485&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 11, 2013

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
At least one of those is definitely the thread I was looking for. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Dangerous Person posted:

At least one of those is definitely the thread I was looking for. Thanks!

I think I linked all of the old GTA in this thread or the other GTA thread a while back.

• Locked thread