Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

glod posted:

If you're a gaijin who is getting the cyberdwarf tsundere dakimakura, I recommend you read this book in order to take proper care of your new hasubando. Of course, us true doom-murder heads already know how to properly take care of our most precious belongings.

Thanks for recommending this, I read it cover to cover. Now I have the proper vocabulary to say that I hope my new dakimakura is either japanese textile, two-way tricot or End of this sample, see details for this book in the Kindle store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Repost for new page so Chef Boyardee sees:

Chef Boyardee, I paid via Paypal so I can't see the backer rewards update. Could you post it here, or if you can't do that, email it to me at brainiacnutjob {at) hotmail (dot} com?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Put in my :10bux: + 5 for delicious secrets. I want to see what's in Geolgothar's Throat. A frog? A hair? Streptococcal pharyngitis?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Pixel artist for the game is streaming right now.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile

Seems like he's working on a game from the gamepack.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
We now officially get to have a new dungeon! 46 hours to go to get to $120,000. Is TOG a bad enough company to get enough money for the animations?

I asked this in the Kickstarter comments page, will there be an always on-DwarfNET requirement? I take long trips to Japanese strip clubs and would like to be able to play the game while flying to Japan.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 27, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Yaos posted:

We now officially get to have a new dungeon! 46 hours to go to get to $120,000. Is TOG a bad enough company to get enough money for the animations?

I asked this in the Kickstarter comments page, will there be an always on-DwarfNET requirement? I take long trips to Japanese strip clubs and would like to be able to play the game while flying to Japan.

I'm not sure if DwarfNET is a Real Onliney Internet Thing or not. Players can't post on it for realsies, I know that much - hence the 'write a post on DwarfNET' reward. It may be an online-updated thing, though.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 27, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I am a "fan" of the original Non Human vidcon from the Action 52 bundle. Does your version have music based on the original music, which I felt was actually pretty catchy? And do you still play as some entity which vaguely resembles Beethoven, and the ground is an abyss filled with alien/zombie Elton John heads?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Something about Kickstarter makes me spend 35 bucks extra on a videogame pack when I wouldn't spend half that on Skyrim + all DLC.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I upgraded my pledge! I'm tempted to upgrade all the way to the body pillow but I'm afraid I will also get a divorce with that :ohdear:

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I played Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden for all of 15 minutes before I stopped.

But that didn't stop me from donating to the sequel? Why? I don't know. I'm crazy.

I guess I like the cut of your jib. And Space Jam.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Damo posted:

I played Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden for all of 15 minutes before I stopped.

But that didn't stop me from donating to the sequel? Why? I don't know. I'm crazy.

I guess I like the cut of your jib. And Space Jam.

I just booted it up and played it for a bit, and yeah, I forgot just how loving awesome that game is.

http://imgur.com/a/UJSaB

http://imgur.com/a/8BJ0Y

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Loved Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden and all the space jam mashups that spawned because of it so I had to give you guys my :10bux:. Quick question, will there still be b-ball attacks in Barkley 2? I need the option to slam fools with the might of a b-ball slam master when I'm out of ammo or tired of shooting them to death.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
You have my :10bux:

Replaying through B,SU&J:G right now. drat, I forgot how funny it is. B-BBBBBAALLSSSSSS!

i am baney

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Hey everyone, I'm sorry I haven't been as active in this topic as I'd like to be lately. I am really, really sick, the sickest I've been in a long time, and I haven't been able to do anything. I picked a really great time to be sick! So I'm sorry everyone. I'll try to get to as many questions and comments as I can.

Also, we may be live streaming the last few hours of the Kickstarter. I don't know why people want this, but we've been asked a million times for it so, depending on my health, you may get the privilege of watching us watch Kickstarter numbers go up.

BiggerJ posted:

Repost for new page so Chef Boyardee sees:

Chef Boyardee, I paid via Paypal so I can't see the backer rewards update. Could you post it here, or if you can't do that, email it to me at brainiacnutjob {at) hotmail (dot} com?

Backer Rewards Update

Thank you so much for supporting Barkley 2 and helping us surpass our goal. We have been completely overwhelmed with the level of support you've shown, and are excited to bring you the best possible game we can.

We at the ToG labs have been busy preparing your pledge rewards, and would like to give you a taste of things to come. Remember: all reward tiers are cumulative, so you will be receiving each tier up-to-and-including the reward you claimed (with the exception of the interview).

Custom Content Tiers (Game Encounter, Forum Signature, DwarfNET Poster, and Playable Character Portrait)

Backers in this tier can look forward to working one-on-one with the Barkley 2 team to help bring their likeness and precious snowflake of a personality to Dwarf Space Ziggurat Necron 7 and beyond. You will hear from us shortly after the campaign ends and we can't wait to get working on original content just for you.

Physical and Digital Art Book Tiers

In addition to the concept art already on show by Tales of Game's artists Richard Tran, David Nyari, Francis Coulombe, and Evengi Maloshenkov we have begun working on exciting new exclusive content for you. This includes new original pieces by additional artists, prose from our wretched writers and much more.

ToG Vidcon Pack Tiers

The ToG vidcon pack has undergone a rigorous evaluation process and earned the highest distinction our technicians have ever charted: this solid digital-gold game package is Certified 100% *Very Rare*. For more details, and an in-depth look at some of the games in the pack, please check out the following post on our website: http://www.talesofgames.com/2012/12/tales-of-games-vidcon-pack/

Please see the end of this message for a note about vidcon pack OS compatibility.

ToG Music Pack and Barkley 2 Original Soundtrack Tiers

A preview of four work-in-progress tracks off of the upcoming Barkley 2 OST are available now on the Tales of Game's SoundCloud page. In addition, Chef Boyardee has carefully curated his mountain of musical crud, selecting the tunes best suited for your individual shape and size of ear.

SoundCloud including B2 OST Preview and Music Pack Medley: https://soundcloud.com/x114jam9

Index of Assorted Music Pack Preview Tracks: http://bit.ly/TalesOfGamesMusicSampler

Wallpaper

For all backers in the In-game Secret Reward Tier and up, we've prepared the first batch of wallpapers for your screens, big and small. Due to popular demand, we’ve also prepared some cursors and icons reflecting the alluring vice of Corporate Attitude. We don’t like it, but we accept it as a necessary evil.

Preview:

Barkley 2

And most importantly, the game itself. Barkley 2 is a burning hot work of passion that grows sharper each passing day. For more details on the game, check out the resources below:

RPG Codex Interview: http://bit.ly/ToGCodex

Select Button Podcast Interview w/ ToG: http://bit.ly/ToGSBDNPC

Extensive Q/A Session on Reddit: http://bit.ly/TalesOfGamesAMA

Those in the ToG Music/Monthly Updates tier can expect much more in this vein at the end of January.

We are down to the final days of our campaign! Please spread the word about Barkley 2 to anyone you think might be interested in the game, and help us reach our stretch goals! Every dollar enables us to spend more time making Barkley 2 the best possible game we can.

Feliz Navigames,

Tales of Game’s

----

NOTE REGARDING VIDCON PACK OS SUPPORT

It has come to our attention that the majority of games in the Vidcon Pack are Windows only. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to edit our existing pledge reward descriptions to reflect this. While some of the games ARE Mac friendly (a smaller number playable on Linux and other OSes as well), and we MAY be able to issue ports of the remaining games depending on budgetary and time constraints, we CAN NOT guarantee it at this time.

We want to apologize to our non-Windows users for this lapse. If you are a Mac, Linux, or DwarfOS user unable to play games on Windows who has presently pledged at the Vidcon Tier, please send us an email at contact@talesofgames.com, and we'll gladly help work out an alternative reward for your pledge.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I am a "fan" of the original Non Human vidcon from the Action 52 bundle. Does your version have music based on the original music, which I felt was actually pretty catchy? And do you still play as some entity which vaguely resembles Beethoven, and the ground is an abyss filled with alien/zombie Elton John heads?

Our Non Human is based off of the original Non Human and there's a part of the game that has the bizarre heads, awful layout and enemies of the original, but the music is extremely bad and we made our own soundtrack. A few songs have already been posted, check out the medley -

https://soundcloud.com/x114jam9
http://tindeck.com/listen/qhzz

Mushball posted:

Loved Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden and all the space jam mashups that spawned because of it so I had to give you guys my :10bux:. Quick question, will there still be b-ball attacks in Barkley 2? I need the option to slam fools with the might of a b-ball slam master when I'm out of ammo or tired of shooting them to death.

X114JAM9 is strictly a gun'sbraster, which means that (almost) all of his weapons are gun's based, but Barkley 2 differs from Barkley 1 in that there are classes with different abilities and you can change them. There will surely be classes that take advantage of X114JAM9's inherent aptitudes for b-ball.

Yaos posted:

I don't really follow the question. If you're asking if DwarfNET is a real message board where people can post, it is not. We are writing all the content and it is completely offline.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

It's not totally random, Tír na nÓg and Cúchulainn are both from the same lore. I think that the focus on Irish mythology must have been inspired by the visual novel/anime Clannad. I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

Close, but not quite. We actually got the idea from Papa to Kiss in the Dark (パパとKISS IN THE DARK). We have very big ideas for Celtic Mythology and we are looking forward to updating it for a grim, Celto-Cyberpocalyptic future.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

How does the other Chef Boyardee feel about this?

Also CB, are you the one responsible for the dozen or so NES rom hacks all starring Wilford Brimley?
He's happy about it. Also no, I don't know anything about Wilford Brimley rom hacks, although back in 2009 I made 40 nude NES rom hacks.

I want to seriously thank everyone for helping to make this happen. That's something that I haven't said enough, but Barkley 2 would still just be an idea without all of your help, so thank you.

Chef Boyardee fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 27, 2012

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe
I just wish you'd pronounce CúChulainn correctly. You make him sound like a train.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
My name is pronounced Koo Hull In, FYI. If that's fixed I promise you all of my Incan Gold.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Chef Boyardee posted:

I don't really follow the question. If you're asking if DwarfNET is a real message board where people can post, it is not. We are writing all the content and it is completely offline.

:ssh: It's a joke about always-on online DRM.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Does it look like you're recovering, or will probably recover? I'm Australian, and from where I'm standing, the state of healthcare in America is infamous as all hell.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 27, 2012

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Just 18000 dollars more and we can fund Boyardee's recovery and get some swank new cutscenes. How many chicken fries can you purchase for 120 thousand dollars anyway?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Arcsech posted:

:ssh: It's a joke about always-on online DRM.

Always-on DwarfNET DRM. There should be a dungeon where you randomly lose connection to DwarfNET and it makes your guns stop working.

Inner City Leftist
Jun 5, 2011
Upped my pledge from $10 to $75, gotta get that Barkleynomicon. This is based on the assumption that authentic nippon hanzo steel folded metal bullets are used and correctly portrayed in this vidcon rather then their western counterparts (as if they're even comparable, heh). Please confirm, this is important.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

If it takes you $120000 to make 3 animated cutscenes, would $100000 get us at least one? Maybe an opening video?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Philip Rivers posted:

If it takes you $120000 to make 3 animated cutscenes, would $100000 get us at least one? Maybe an opening video?

Tales of Game's posted:

One thing I don't like about stretch goals is that they imply that if we don't reach it, it won't be in the game. For us, stretch goals are a guarantee that if we reach it, it will absolutely be in the game but we will still [try] even if we don't make it.

So, hopefully, and fewer might be more likely than all 3 even if they don't make the goal.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I wonder what the chances of hitting 140k is in the eleventh hour, I want to see the online gun'schematics sharing! :3:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fuschia tude posted:

So, hopefully, and fewer might be more likely than all 3 even if they don't make the goal.

This is cool -- I always feel weird about the idea of holding content hostage, as if the difference between $109,900 and $110,000 is crucial somehow.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

I was a member of the forum that inspired this particular pump rant. I remember that conversation.

Atom
Apr 6, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Pledged that $60. Can't wait for my vidcon pack as I consider myself an apt vidconner.

memomi
Dec 16, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It sounds like the developers are going to be eating on the cheap until the game's release. I had to do that recently, and despite being a dietician, I thought I'd be able to get by on cheap staples and off-brand junk food. After three weeks I couldn't take it anymore, so I started supplementing with this and this. The first one's the best multivitamin on the market, and it has enough whole plant extracts that it counts as a serving of vegetables. The other one's concentrated omega 3s to keep your brain in top shape for truly appreciating fine vidcons.

For serious, if you take both of those you can eat nothing but ramen and wood pulp and still feel healthier than you have in your entire life. And it works out to only like $28 per month per person.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

ProfessorProf posted:

I was a member of the forum that inspired this particular pump rant. I remember that conversation.
I've always wished I knew where truckpump's rants came from. Please, please, do tell about how it happened! :allears:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Arujei posted:

I've always wished I knew where truckpump's rants came from. Please, please, do tell about how it happened! :allears:

Sadly, I don't have any thrilling story to go with that, but I'm almost positive it was either insert credit or one of its various spinoff sites from the early 2000s. The original post was about how "videogame" is a more correct spelling than "video game", because it emphasized the fusion of imagery and play, or something. It was exaggerated pretty hard here.

Man, looking at insert credit now, they have not changed much in the past five years, aside from maybe killing their forums.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just upped my pledge to $60, and I might even raise it to $75, I haven't decided yet.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Chef Boyardee posted:

Our Non Human is based off of the original Non Human and there's a part of the game that has the bizarre heads, awful layout and enemies of the original, but the music is extremely bad and we made our own soundtrack. A few songs have already been posted, check out the medley -

https://soundcloud.com/x114jam9
http://tindeck.com/listen/qhzz

Aww man I like the Non Human theme, at least as a basis for covers and remixes and stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-Fbkwu_1U
Oh well I know I can trust you guys to have quality music regardless.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
I can't imagine why anyone would actually want to watch this, but starting at 5:00 PM EST tomorrow, we're going to be streaming the final four hours of the Kickstarter. We'll post more information on the stream when we start, but definitely join us if you feel like asking us questions or talking to us or just hanging out. GREAT way to spend your Friday evening!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If anyone is looking for an excuse to bump up their pledge, consider this:

Furcadia: The Second Dreaming
Raised: $106,835

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa
Raised: $103,917
25 hours to go

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
http://canhekick.it/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam

Here's what the funding trajectory looks like as of right now:

So in order to get the next stretch goal, funding is going to have to land somewhere right at the top of this image. Given that it seems to be growing exponentially, it looks like it could be within reach. Fingers crossed, I really hope we get to see animated cutscenes :pray:

Tales Of Game's posted:

120k - MAJOR GOAL - Animated Cutscenes - This is a goal we only fantasized about when we first created the Kickstarter campaign. We'd like to incorporate at least 3 animated cutscenes greated by the ToG artists themselves along with some extra help in making them as high quality as possible. We're thinking along the lines of LucasArts classic Metal Warriors - check it out!

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 28, 2012

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Furcadia has significantly fewer backers, showing that furries are both perverted and have a large amount of disposable income.

Edit: Chef said the stretch goals only mean it's guarantee it will be in the game, even if they miss the real remaining goals ($120,000 and $140,000) they may still try to get them into the game. Who knows, maybe it will turn out they are a lot better at making vidcons than they thought and have a whole bunch of extra resources they need to use up.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 28, 2012

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Yaos posted:

Furcadia has significantly fewer backers, showing that furries are both perverted and have a large amount of disposable income.

Edit: Chef said the stretch goals only mean it's guarantee it will be in the game, even if they miss the real remaining goals ($120,000 and $140,000) they may still try to get them into the game. Who knows, maybe it will turn out they are a lot better at making vidcons than they thought and have a whole bunch of extra resources they need to use up.

The average Furcadia backer has donated $121. What The Christ :catstare:

E: Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 28, 2012

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat

Ergh, just for this I'm upgrading to the :10bux:x6 package as soon as I can. Well, that and your Non-human game looks baller. B-baller even.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!
I upped my pledge to $60 because I really want these animated cutscenes to be in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

hellocruelworld posted:

I upped my pledge to $60 because I really want these animated cutscenes to be in the game.

You know they're just that barkley 1 dribbling animation right?