Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

kaworu posted:

I always find it shocking how she just does not hold grudges or get annoyed at me, ever. Or "fight back" in any form, like this morning even when I had grabbed and thrown her repeatedly her response was to try to be even more forcefully nice to me, which breaks my heart and makes me feel like SUCH a bad person.

Just so you know she is a cat so the last part is actually her intent, especially if it means you'll be all guilty and give her things. ;)

My cats regularly get launched when they're doing annoying things. Sometimes you just gotta fling a cat around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

hhgtrillian posted:

It looks like you are feeding Pips Fruity Pebbles.

New confession : I'm feeding my sister's cat fruity pebbles. And she loves them.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
I trapped my grandmother's cat Frisky under a laundry basket and giggled while she tried to figure out how to escape. And I don't feel bad about it because she was swiping at my feel hanging off my too-short bed a few minutes before.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I want a puppy really bad waaah :saddowns:

Like, I know I can't have one. I work full time during the week, so my partner (who works online from home) would have to do like everything and while she thinks pibbles are awesome and loves the poo poo out of Moses, she didn't grow up with dogs and doesn't really have the experience/reaction time necessary to deal with the hellish process of teaching Moses to deal with a puppy without breaking his brain, while ALSO taking care of and supervising the puppy, for 8-10 hours a day. I know that Moses would end up hosed up and outraged and spiteful, the puppy would end up making GBS threads everywhere, and Frankie would get eaten by someone. My partner would end up having a meltdown because she'd be in over her head and she'd wind up convinced that it was all her fault and she broke all of the dogs. And the list goes on, basically I can not get a puppy while also owning Moses unless I can be home full time for about the first year, which isn't gonna happen.

AND YET, this does not stop me from emailing/texting local working people with litters like all the time to ask questions and sperg the hell out about their puppies and I feel really bad because while I'm sure they don't mind having dog chat, I know I can't actually get one of their puppies and then I feel bad for wasting their time. :( I can't help doing it, I want all of the good pibble puppies and they are everywhere hnnnnnnnngh

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My boyfriend and I just moved into an apartment together. We have my two small parrots and his cat. He really wants a second cat from a shelter and I'm close to relenting because I grew up with a super cuddly cat and his cat isn't cuddly at all, and since we just moved in Ramirez won't be feeling dominant over a new addition right? Oh god we don't need another pet, but I got to visit my cat at my sister's house at Christmas and he's this enormous floppy cuddly Maine Coon and aaahhhhh

I feel especially terrible since I'm a Bird Person and there's no loving way I'd let a third bird into this house, knowing that it would alienate my existing birds, but the possibility of alienating his cat isn't even factoring in :saddowns: I'm the Responsible One, I shouldn't be on the brink of agreeing!

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

We were eating in the living room because its Christmas time and we wanted to watch a movie and the table was covered in various crap items. I do not allow dogs to stick their noses at my plate, and I do not want dogs within arms reach (if they are laying down and not lifting their head to sniff I guess its ok). Sigma came over to my side of the couch and sticks his snout right to my plate. So I give his nose a little tap, actually very gentle. I just made contact. He whimpers sort of under his breath and instantly turns to jump on the loveseat and wouldn't look at me.

Oh god Siggy I am sorry I love you, you are a good dog :qq: The whimper was the saddest thing.

It was ok, we were friends again once I was finished and the plates were gone but... geez dog enough with the guilt tripping. I know the swat (not even hard enough to be called a swat really) didn't hurt you.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Superconsndar posted:

AND YET, this does not stop me from emailing/texting local working people with litters like all the time to ask questions and sperg the hell out about their puppies and I feel really bad because while I'm sure they don't mind having dog chat, I know I can't actually get one of their puppies and then I feel bad for wasting their time. :( I can't help doing it, I want all of the good pibble puppies and they are everywhere hnnnnnnnngh

Hey, if they're anything like the hunting dog people I know, they're just happy to have a conversation about their dogs with someone who isn't a 60+ year old crotchety old woods man with diametrically-opposed dog opinions. I've definitely wasted a lot of time blabbing about bloodhounds with strangers, but everyone likes to hear someone compliment their dogs.

I still haven't closed on my home (don't buy a short sale) and had to move to a new apartment about 10 days ago. I did everything wrong, cat-wise: I just stuffed her in the carrier, brought her to the new apartment, and immediately gave her the run of the place while a bunch of people were over. Then a few days later I bundled her up again and brought her to my parents' house for three days to deal with all of my family members. Soon I'll be moving her again, hopefully. I'm so sorry Lille, I know that if you were a less resilient cat I'd be drowning in an ocean of angry piss. :qq:

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

adventure in the sandbox posted:

It was ok, we were friends again once I was finished and the plates were gone but... geez dog enough with the guilt tripping. I know the swat (not even hard enough to be called a swat really) didn't hurt you.

lol I am the same way about eating (except I also contend with cat paws reaching towards my plate) and I will shove Pippa hard when she is all up in my plate and she's just like OMG A GAME LET'S PLAY or she lays down and stares at me on the floor like "yo I'm laying down gimme dat."

I could never deal with a ~sensitive dog~ like a lot of you have.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Topoisomerase posted:

lol I am the same way about eating (except I also contend with cat paws reaching towards my plate) and I will shove Pippa hard when she is all up in my plate and she's just like OMG A GAME LET'S PLAY or she lays down and stares at me on the floor like "yo I'm laying down gimme dat."

Delta is so much better. I think my personality best suits resilient dogs because I use tone of voice and posture (looming over, turning my shoulders to face the dog directly) a lot, which hurts Sigma's sensitive little heart. Delta understands that I am irritated and she should do something else that won't irritate Boss Lady and its no big deal.

Delta and I are bffs 4 lyfe. Sigma and I are friends, but I'm that bitchy friend who is always blowing things out of proportion and making him apologize.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Delta is so much better. I think my personality best suits resilient dogs because I use tone of voice and posture (looming over, turning my shoulders to face the dog directly) a lot, which hurts Sigma's sensitive little heart. Delta understands that I am irritated and she should do something else that won't irritate Boss Lady and its no big deal.

Delta and I are bffs 4 lyfe. Sigma and I are friends, but I'm that bitchy friend who is always blowing things out of proportion and making him apologize.

I have no idea how I am so good at Moses, because I am cranky and obnoxious and yell and slam things and point fingers in dog faces while staring angrily and also punt dogs out of my way when they are underfoot and getting on my nerves. He's desensitized to the fact that I just yell a lot I guess, and when I overstep and get too bitchy about something minor he legit makes this "you are blowing this out of proportion and I am v disappointed in you" dog face and it usually guilts me enough to make me stop being mean. :catstare:

Frankie's eyes just drift apart while he shivers until I shut up and go away.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

I love having a primitive breed. They think being bitchy is a contest and they are totally going to win it. Yelling does you a fat lot of good and just makes them smug because, lol, u mad!

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Superconsndar posted:

I am cranky and obnoxious and yell and slam things and point fingers in dog faces while staring angrily and also punt dogs out of my way when they are underfoot and getting on my nerves. He's desensitized to the fact that I just yell a lot I guess

Hi five angry buddy! Sigma came to a realization like 6 months ago that I get loud when dogs are bad, but its not the end of the world. He used to appease like crazy and be really watchful of me for the rest of the day. Whoops almost broke my dog.

I totally kick them all the time too :ohdear: Dogs should move out of the hallway when people are doing laundry and stuff :colbert:

Citizen Rat posted:

I love having a primitive breed. They think being bitchy is a contest and they are totally going to win it. Yelling does you a fat lot of good and just makes them smug because, lol, u mad!

I grew up with an Akita can you tell? My obsession with using body language and posture with the dogs is from Seko's wise teachings I think.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Topoisomerase posted:

I'm so used to my sensitive dog now that my non-sensitive, stubborn dog (and anyone else's dog that is not a ~special snowflake~) just really annoys me. I'm used to a dog that basically runs away crying or rolls over and gives me puppy eyes if I get mad about something. V:shobon:V It's a good way to stop me from being mad when my dog acts like I'm ending her world.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy
We've been dogsitting for the last two weeks and I am SO loving GLAD we're going home tomorrow.

The dog was pretty easy, I guess, as far as dogs go.

But seriously. I had to get up at a 'dog appropriate time' to shove it outside to pee and I had to make it go outside several OTHER TIMES A DAY to pee. And then it still peed on the rug sometimes and it was a LOT of pee and I had to clean it up.

And her treats are gross.

It really reinforced why I like cats and why we don't have a dog. Because it's loving cold outside and I really don't want to stand here and call you, dog, because it's time you came inside and stop gallivanting around the yard like you're a puppy because you're like 20 years old.

Oh, and dog water bowls get really super slimy inside and I don't like it.

So, yep, I found out that I really actually do kind of hate having a dog and maybe I should stop telling my husband we should get a dog because it's clear I don't really want one if it means I have to go outside when it's cold. :colbert:

Also, GOD, all you people with dogs that have energy and aren't cripplingly old. gently caress that noise.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I used to put our cats under one of those plastic swimming pools and then put a sprinkler under it :smith:

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

I grew up with an Akita can you tell? My obsession with using body language and posture with the dogs is from Seko's wise teachings I think.

I don't even really think about it any more than I think about reading someone else's body language. I just focus on keeping calm because blowing a gasket pretty much guarantees that she isn't going to listen to me because why the hell would she listen to someone who can't keep their cool? ~~Dog logic~~

Nione posted:

Also, GOD, all you people with dogs that have energy and aren't cripplingly old. gently caress that noise.

Counter point: cat boxes, cat vomit, cat hair balls.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fraction posted:

I'm so used to my sensitive dog now that my non-sensitive, stubborn dog (and anyone else's dog that is not a ~special snowflake~) just really annoys me. I'm used to a dog that basically runs away crying or rolls over and gives me puppy eyes if I get mad about something. V:shobon:V It's a good way to stop me from being mad when my dog acts like I'm ending her world.

This. It may seem counter-intuitive, but I do much better with very sensitive dogs because they temper my harshness. Stubborn dogs who make you jump through hoops to get them to work with you and who have any shred of independence just completely destroy me and I can *not* keep my cool around them. My relationship with them always inevitably goes to poo poo as I get perpetually more and more frustrated and angry at them, which makes them give even less of a gently caress about me/what I think, and it becomes a vicious cycle.

That doesn't mean I like bland dogs with no opinions, I just REALLY need a dog that cares what I think, while also having independent thoughts themselves. Moses will make it reeeeally clear to me when he doesn't like something/want to do something/thinks I'm being mean. They key for me is that he will DO it, no matter how badly he doesn't feel like it, if I ask him to. I have infinitely more patience for a dog that will do a thing it doesn't like while also letting you know they don't like it than one that goes "haha no, gently caress off!" With the former, I stay calm and go way out of my way to do anything I can to keep them from having to do something they don't like unless it is completely necessary. The latter I will end up screaming at and being really mean to until it hates me. :(

When Moses screws up he will tolerate yelling and be as appeasing as possible up to a certain point. As soon as I cross some imaginary line of "too far," (I'd never hit him or anything, I just yell) he stops being appeasing and just gives me this pained "dude, you're being horrible, I get it :(" look and it usually immediately takes me from angry to guilty and it makes me stop and so I never get to the point where I'm messing up my dog by being a jerk.

So basically, I can't handle dogs with personalities similar to mine because we end up wanting to murder each other.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Superconsndar posted:

So basically, I can't handle dogs with personalities similar to mine because we end up wanting to murder each other.

aahahahahahahahahahaahaha. aah hah.

Picking out dogs is like dating. You can't have one too close to your personality or you want to murder each other.

I can completely agree with this as everyone in my household is a pretty, pretty princess, up to and including my husband, and I spend most of my time being the calm, controlled one. Until I finally lose my temper and hole up in my office until I'm ready to deal with everyone, which makes Sitka bring me everything she can think of to make me happy because the human is broken. :(

Confession time: Since the blizzard last Thursday Sitka and I have not been running and it is making her lose her mind. My solution to this was not to go out and get yak-tracks or something, but to borrow my friend's dog and threw them both outside and made them run around until she fell asleep on her back with all four paws straight in the air.

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

Re: kicking pets, I regularly kick or step on my cats by accident. Usually I walk into them carrying laundry or something that blocks my view, or I take a step backward (say, just after brushing my teeth! This happens often) and step on a cat. Instead of feeling bad I just tell them "well you shouldn't have been standing there" :colbert:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

When I was a kid we had two rabbits, a boy and a girl, and despite trying to keep them separate, one day I went to let out girl-rabbit and instead of one rabbit in there, there was 10. It took me too long to notice, I know I was a kid but I really didn't care for the rabbits that well. :( She died a year or so later over the winter, I think because I hadn't given her enough bedding or food.

Anyway, we got decent homes for all of the baby rabbits, my favourite was one named "Stripey" who had zebra-like stripes. We finally gave him to a girlfriend of my dads, who promised she'd take good care of him.

We found out a few months later that she'd gotten fed up of him and given him to her neighbour, who'd turned him into rabbit stew.

I'm sorry, Stripey, I should have tried harder. :smith:

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
My old goldfish endured months of agony before finally exploding. I'm sorry Mr. Big, I should have flushed you earlier :(

I had a gerbil that lived in a tiny tank and I basically never played with her because she would poop on me. She used to live with two sisters in a decently-sized tank before they got in a fight, but we definitely should have got her a bigger home for herself afterwards. Either way, I should have paid more attention, is the point.

I actually got a hamster at some point during her lifetime and I played with her every day. She was sweet though and I miss her. :smith:

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

I'm using a car harness on Beck for safety now, but also because she had this terrible habit. Now and then, Beck will have a day where she acts like a dick about everything. In the car, the only rule I ever enforce is that she stay sitting or lying down in the back. On her bad days, Beck will bend this rule by sitting with her butt on the very edge of the back seat and her chest on the car's center console, so that the front half of her body is between the front seats. Once she's sitting like this, you can't get her out because she uses her legs and shoulders on the front seats to wedge herself in. Any attempt to move her just results in dirty looks because THE RULE IS I HAVE TO SIT AND I'M SITTING, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME MOVE I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG. Once I give up and ignore her she starts licking my elbow constantly.

gently caress you dog, I can too make you move.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
I have resigned to the fact that I am a cat person through and through. I freakin' hate dogs now. They're so needy and whiny and annoying and Lilly is just so perfect and funny and independent. I live in a house with 3 dogs, 2 of which are neurotic poodle mixes who are so goddamn frustrating to deal with. They've completely ruined the thought of ever getting a pup by being so awful.

Someone opened a door in the house? BARK AT IT.
Someone who lives in the house walked into the room we're in? BARK AT THEM.
It's windy outside? BARK AT IT.
A door opened down the block? LOSE OUR poo poo AT IT.
I don't feel like walking downstairs and out my dog door. poo poo ON THE FLOOR.

I know it's a training thing which admittedly they didn't get a lot of from their owner and anything my husband and I reinforced was never maintained by other people. I appreciate the hell out of my old lazy lab now because he never barks unless there's stranger danger and never shits in the house (looking at you stupid little lhasa-poo thing) but he still isn't as awesome as Lilly.

If I did get a dog, it'd be a small one though because screw picking up big poops/pee/barf if or when they happen. :colbert:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Amy likes telephones. All telephones. She knows my mother's ringtone, and whenever she calls, she runs over and shoves the phone at me. Why? Because she wants to talk on it. And I don't mean sniff it and run away. She shoves her cheek against it and wags her tail and sometimes makes noises back at it. And she's super excited.

And I let her do it all the time, even though it's an awful behavior, because she's just so happy she's figured out phones.

I also realized Kaydee knows how to turn on all three game systems on the bottom shelf beneath our tv. Ires also knows this. They just spent ten minutes beeping them with their noses. The only thing Balen does is occasionally open the fridge.

I should probably stop all of this but it's so fun to watch them poke around with technology that I'm not stopping bad behaviors. :ohdear:

Oh, and my geckos live in plastic because cleaning glass sucks.

uptown
May 16, 2009
It's too cold to walk my dogs. Into the yard they go!

Aussie eats cardboard and now Shanti does too. I come home to a flurry of cardboard everywhere, no matter what. I would prefer that to a destroyed chair or dead cat, so I'm just going to let it keep happening.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

The boarding staff at my vet's office always tell me how much they love Bailey and how he's the best.

I'm half tempted to ask if any of them want him, especially when he acts up.

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

When I was 12 or so I spent the night with a friend of mine, he had a pair of hamsters that had just had some babies living in a big glass tank. I spent like 20 minutes tapping on the tank and harassing them like little poo poo kids do before I went to bed. The next morning there was only 1 living hamster in the tank and various bits and pieces of others from the cannibal hamstercaust. I guess my tapping and prodding drove the momma crazy and she spent the night chowing on baby-daddy and hamsterlets.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We had to put our ten year old Rott Jessie down today, because she had developed some severe hip problems, and the vet had warned us her time was coming to a close. When she couldn't get up easily anymore, that was it; we have a pool, and it was a steady fear that she'd somehow fall in and drown.

My mom took her to the vet alone, and when she kept asking me about going with her, I was --- close to snapping gently caress off. The last three dogs we had to put down, I took them in alone, I went to the Humane Society vet in that depressing room with all ages and kinds of people crying hysterically, and no one went with me. I still remember taking our MinPin Snuffin in, and seeing a middle-aged lady who reminded me of my mom, but dressed super fancy, passing over the cat carrier, and just losing it, crying hard and almost running me over when she ran out. She literally ran out of the office with the tech calling after her, did she want the carrier back? I don't know if her cat was being put down, or surrendered, but I remember seeing that lady run off, and seeing a man in a business suit, looking like he was on his way to a CEO meeting, petting his dog's head, the dog more gray and skeletal than anything, and the man weeping steadily while the vet tech said it would only be a few more minutes before they could get him into a private room for the euthanasia. I hate that room. I hate that depressing room with the bright posters on the wall and the Animals Are Friends For Life photos and the steady line of people coming in to see the vet for non-death reasons, and they trying to ignore the waiting room full of crying people because their animals are well and healthy and are never going to die, and they are never going to sit in these plastic lovely chairs and fill out a page of paperwork about their pet being put down or surrendered.

So my mom went alone, and I don't feel sad that Jess is gone, because she was in pain, and then I feel bad because I don't really miss her; in the later stages she wasn't herself, and she was more my mom's dog than mine, and so many times I'd look at her and couldn't remember if she was Jess or Echo, the Rott I grew up with, because they looked so drat similar.

I felt more depressed when my new green betta, that I had had for a loving day, died, than when my mom had Jess put down. And we had Jess for almost six years.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh, and my geckos live in plastic because cleaning glass sucks.

Mine too, glass is too freaking heavy to deal with, especially with the amount of geckos I have. I certainly don't feel bad about it. It makes it easier for me to care for them, and they are taken good care of.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
I judge people with show-type beagles so hard, and I don't give a poo poo :). We met some out walking today and all the while I was ~exchanging pleasantries~ with the owner, internally I was :smug:ing out about how ugly and fat and dull they were with their stupid big heads and 'bone' and ~wrinkled brows~ and glazed, docile expression. Every time somebody with a show beagle comes to see our (real :haw:) beagles out at country shows we will spend the rest of the day bitching about the dog because they are so big and gross and terrible. If someone offered me a choice between a show beagle and a hypoglycemic ~teacup~ maltipoo monstrosity, I would elect to own the maltipoo because show beagles are literally the worst dogs.

It's okay though, every time Dan and I pass someone with a Real Terrier I'm sure they judge me just as harshly~

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
I think people who 'sperg about cats are weird and if they're dudes, I usually think they are kinda creepy. I like MY cats a whole bunch (especially Danzig :3:) and some of my friends cats are cool and I enjoy their company but I just don't understand how you can sperg out about animals you can't do ~activities~ with. Cats are cool and cute and have neat little personalities but compared to dogs they're just so loving boring.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

notsowelp posted:

I judge people with show-type beagles so hard, and I don't give a poo poo :). We met some out walking today and all the while I was ~exchanging pleasantries~ with the owner, internally I was :smug:ing out about how ugly and fat and dull they were with their stupid big heads and 'bone' and ~wrinkled brows~ and glazed, docile expression. Every time somebody with a show beagle comes to see our (real :haw:) beagles out at country shows we will spend the rest of the day bitching about the dog because they are so big and gross and terrible. If someone offered me a choice between a show beagle and a hypoglycemic ~teacup~ maltipoo monstrosity, I would elect to own the maltipoo because show beagles are literally the worst dogs.

It's okay though, every time Dan and I pass someone with a Real Terrier I'm sure they judge me just as harshly~

Replace beagle with pit bull poo poo and this is legit how I feel, I would immediately own a thousand labradoodles before I would own a show OR SPORTING ( :can: ) type APBT/Amstaff

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

Superconsndar posted:

Replace beagle with pit bull poo poo and this is legit how I feel, I would immediately own a thousand labradoodles before I would own a show OR SPORTING ( :can: ) type APBT/Amstaff

I like Amstaffs :haw: No seriously, I like them. I don't like what they represent as far as blah blah blah show ladies dumbin it down, but I do like them aesthetically. And they're driveless big durfs so if I were to get a bully, that's what I'd have to get with my desire for a multi-dog, multi-animal household.

I also like French Bulldogs. I squeal over French Bulldogs. Shame me, PI.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
There shouldn't be shame in the way we feel about things but rather the transgressions we actually commit so let's not take this thread in that direction again.

I think earlier in this thread I said I was firmly resolved not to pay money for cat toys. I am so head over heels infatuated with our new adoptee that there is a brand new Da Bird on its way to my house. I swear my favoritism will end when the new cat smell wears off.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.

Charmmi posted:

There shouldn't be shame in the way we feel about things but rather the transgressions we actually commit so let's not take this thread in that direction again.

... but it's my thread :eng99:

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
But it's how I feel :qq:

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
My dog has killed two squirrels while on leash, and I am spectacularly proud of her for it. Most people I know think that's horrible. She's a sighthound. She's supposed to kill small fuzzy things, and I'm impressed that she could do it while attached to a human.

I don't really reprimand my dog for carrying shoes around. I find it adorable, and 95% of the time she doesn't actually chew them.

I grew up with cats, and have adored them most of my life. Now that I have a dog, I no longer really see the point of cats. I mean, they're okay, but they're just so small and boring.

My mother is a crazy cat lady and I am guilty of enabling her. She has seven cats, and while they're all admirably cared for (they get premium food, regular vet visits, all are fixed, etc)...that's a lot of damned cats. I bought the fourth one for her because she saw it at an adoption day and couldn't bear the thought of it having to go back to the shelter.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
I don't give a poo poo about begging as long as it's not from me.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Foxy posted:

I like Amstaffs :haw: No seriously, I like them. I don't like what they represent as far as blah blah blah show ladies dumbin it down, but I do like them aesthetically. And they're driveless big durfs so if I were to get a bully, that's what I'd have to get with my desire for a multi-dog, multi-animal household.

I hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

:3:

• Locked thread