Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I could never be with someone who kept the mouse in front of the keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

diospadre posted:

I could never be with someone who kept the mouse in front of the keyboard.

I can't even wrap my mind around it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Does she center the mouse, or does she lean to the right to use the keyboard? Either way is bonkers.

WorkingStiff
Jul 5, 2005

CubanMissile posted:

Does she center the mouse, or does she lean to the right to use the keyboard? Either way is bonkers.

She actually uses it the traditional way, but habitually stores it dead-center to her keyboard. Maybe someone can give me some pointers on training the waifu on goon-approved mouse placement?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Withhold the lovin'?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

WorkingStiff posted:

She actually uses it the traditional way, but habitually stores it dead-center to her keyboard. Maybe someone can give me some pointers on training the waifu on goon-approved mouse placement?

Once she's started down that dark path there is no return. You'll have to get a new one.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
I recommend the Logitec mx510. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has enough buttons you could press.

Sultry Fungus
Oct 29, 2006

Phallic Fungus make me happy.

Daktari posted:

I recommend the Logitec mx510. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has enough buttons you could press.

Can you even get the mx510's anymore? I'd love to get one of those again.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Sultry Fungus posted:

Can you even get the mx510's anymore? I'd love to get one of those again.

The MX518 is the replacement, no longer made, the replacement for that is the G400.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
The Logitech G400 is my favorite mouse of all time. It's amazing.

Get that one.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

The Logitech G400 is my favorite mouse of all time. It's amazing.

Get that one.

Or be a real man and get a G500. :smug:

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
The 400 is a pretty close approximation, it's what I also use.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I got a G400 to test it out compared to my aging MX518, but I never got the sensitivity adjusted right, so it ended up in my laptop bag...

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

PaganGoatPants posted:

Or be a real man and get a G500. :smug:

Depends on whether you need the lateral scroll. And whether your software even works like that. If you don't, the G400 is a drat fine mouse.

But if you do, when it does, :smug::respek::smug: indeed.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Seeing as how this thread is about actual desktops and one goal of many is to have a cool looking desktop...the best mouse is the MX Revolution or whatever they're calling it nowadays. No wires!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Just about finished with my home office... Still have a bunch of stuff to hang though, and I need to sort out my lighting situation.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Did that lamp just go supernova?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Steakandchips posted:

Did that lamp just go supernova?

No.

shuriken
Dec 2, 2002

I don't know who to believe anymore.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

oogs posted:

Small update: in PS2, in ultra, at 3600x1920... I'm seeing tearing when I drive around in a vehicle. It's very noticeable. It only happens when the terrain is changing quickly though. I am GPU bound more often than I'm CPU bound, but I am seeing improvements from the game side of things. Lets see if the next round of driver updates help as well...
I just upgraded to Nvidia and vsync works now.

oogs
Dec 6, 2011

Dominoes posted:

I just upgraded to Nvidia and vsync works now.

Good to know. I think that my next upgrade (not anytime soon sadly) will be to nVidia (SLi?).

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Work work work. I need to buy some more lamps for my office (overhead light is only on for the sake of the picture).

Toxicirishmn
Aug 21, 2012

Only the dead have seen the end of war...
Finally getting my office back...I'll post pictures next week of my REAL desk.

metalrufflez
Apr 30, 2008
Work desktop... Not much to look at, but at least I managed to cram everything I need in this little desk

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

Chopper posted:

From the chickencheese thread, but why the gently caress not...

Name of the vertical monitor, please?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Butt Savage posted:

Most decent spec Dell monitors have a rotating stand.
I'm not sure a true portrait monitor exists.

Chopper
Feb 13, 2006

Butt Savage posted:

It is a 20" Dell 2007WFP, bought it in 2006. It has been an absolutely perfect monitor for me, never had a single problem with it. Technically the response times mean it shouldn't be great for gaming but I've played plenty of Counterstrike and Xbox (using VGA connection) on it with no issues.

I recently upgraded to the 27" Dell Ultrasharp U2711 which is also great and has a DisplayPort (Apple huurrr) and HDMI connections to better suit my needs.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

~Coxy posted:

Most decent spec Dell monitors have a rotating stand.
I'm not sure a true portrait monitor exists.

Ya, I know. I just wanted to know specifically what Dell monitor it was. Should've worded it better. :)

And thanks, Chopper. Your little setup there looks awesome and the 20" in portrait mode fits in perfectly.

Largo Usagi
Jan 9, 2013
I have been working on my home office. I just finished installing the hardwood floors, before it was concrete and patchwork carpet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQ_ZgRuv5g

I just finished moving from 3 monitors to 6, I wanted 4 but symmetry would have screwed with my head so 6 it was.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Largo Usagi posted:

I have been working on my home office. I just finished installing the hardwood floors, before it was concrete and patchwork carpet.

I just finished moving from 3 monitors to 6, I wanted 4 but symmetry would have screwed with my head so 6 it was.

So... 3 monitors on bottom and 1 on top in the middle wouldn't be symmetrical enough?

Cool setup though.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
"Home office"

Largo Usagi
Jan 9, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

So... 3 monitors on bottom and 1 on top in the middle wouldn't be symmetrical enough?

Cool setup though.

I thought about it but the bars hung out the side and looked like hell, so due to amazing black Friday/Holiday pricing i just bought 2 more monitors.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Ergotron Dual LX is on the way...now to get that custom desk ordered this weekend. Can't freaking wait, I've been using a lovely tiny desk for the last five years.

Old and busted:

New hotness: soon!

Jufari
Jan 5, 2013

Largo Usagi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQ_ZgRuv5g

I love setups like this, but I never understood the practical use for more than 3 or 4 monitors. Maybe I'm looking for an excuse to do something similar myself? :)

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree
The cabling needs some work and I've got a retarded watercooling setup I will never do again (but at least it's quiet):

The case isn't always open, I've just had it open and closed about 900 times the past month due to one reason or another and I decided to leave it off until I'm happy with everything.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Ya I could probably do a little cable management... maybe. I always end up making them all neat and tidy then something will break the next day. I figure if I never do it then nothing will break. So far so good.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jufari posted:

I love setups like this, but I never understood the practical use for more than 3 or 4 monitors. Maybe I'm looking for an excuse to do something similar myself? :)

There is no Diminishing Marginal Return of more monitors.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

benisntfunny posted:

Ya I could probably do a little cable management... maybe. I always end up making them all neat and tidy then something will break the next day. I figure if I never do it then nothing will break. So far so good.

Really nice but why did you hang your TV so high?

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

prom candy posted:

I dunno. It's comfortable to look at from where I sit I guess. I also plan on getting a larger tv in that spot which will make it go down some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underlig
Sep 13, 2007

prom candy posted:

And how? Hole in the back for the cables?

quote:

Ya I could probably do a little cable management.
I was just going to comment on how well it started and then it went downhill in the last two pictures :)
Looks great anyway