Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schmagekie
Dec 2, 2003

chrisgt posted:

Get a VW TDi. Those are NEAI approved.

I got one shortly after the meet at kastein's. Love it.
I'm ~15 mins from Nashua, so I'll try to make it to the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
I have no problem driving 3 hours for an event, but I do have a problem driving 3 hours for a one day event that doesn't involve fire, booze and other fun things.

This was the general consensus on IRC the other day. So, maker/hackerspace meetups are all well and good, but discussion for NEAI #3 in March is still under way.

Also! I am planning on producing some NEAI themed stickers, as part of an ongoing quest to create a genuine car club. Please submit your designs to the thread.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

commissargribb posted:

Yeah, it's normally a straight 3 hours minimum for me to see any of you guys.

There's nothing straight about any of the meetups :colbert: Especially when ACE is involved. :haw:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

ACEofsnett posted:

Also! I am planning on producing some NEAI themed stickers, as part of an ongoing quest to create a genuine car club. Please submit your designs to the thread.

How do you make rust and broken jeeps/subarus a logo?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Done.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

I've driven a car there. Guess you haven't. :smug:

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!

ACEofsnett posted:

I have no problem driving 3 hours for an event, but I do have a problem driving 3 hours for a one day event that doesn't involve fire, booze and other fun things.

This was the general consensus on IRC the other day. So, maker/hackerspace meetups are all well and good, but discussion for NEAI #3 in March is still under way.

Who said anything about there not being fire, booze, and other fun things?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Southbridge to Nashua is only about 1.5 hours per google maps, and I believe that.

The 12th doesn't work for me, but the other two do so far. I'll try and make it, every time I think about it I realize I still haven't made it up there and it sounds pretty awesome. If more people can make the 12th work than the other two dates no worries, though.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

Black88GTA posted:

A simple, yet pointed first effort. Now work in the following slogan : "NEAI : It's probably just piston slap!"

Hillridge posted:

Who said anything about there not being fire, booze, and other fun things?

Well, in that case, perhaps I should adjust my outlook..

some texas redneck posted:

There's nothing straight about any of the meetups :colbert: Especially when ACE is involved. :haw:

POSER! How would you know? You're ONLY 3000 miles away! A poor excuse for never showing up.

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 19, 2012

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I may be up for a meet there, it's definitely not going to be NEAI #3, but it could be a cool mini-meet type thing.

ACEofsnett posted:

I know someone who can make stickers for just a couple bucks each, so if we get a design, I can run it by him.
Dan, you might have more leverage with Carter...

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Yeah, I have a guy who can cut single color vinyl for pretty cheap. He's a poo poo negotiator so I'd get a good deal.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

ACEofsnett posted:

POSER! How would you know? You're ONLY 3000 miles away! A poor excuse for never showing up.

Plus his car would probably disintegrate the second it got into New England.

NH goon here. I live just off RT 108, about 30 minutes from Nashua.

How about that weak-rear end snow we got?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

ACEofsnett posted:

Nigga, please. :colbert:

I did that in a week (round trip was about 10 days, really, I was screwing off) - in a car that the US had less than 300 of. Your shitbix will make it!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Black88GTA posted:

This is pretty drat good.

schmagekie posted:

I got one shortly after the meet at kastein's. Love it.
I'm ~15 mins from Nashua, so I'll try to make it to the next.

Nice! I'm the resident TDI nerd and I approve of this post.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

NEAI: The timing chain broke

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The NEAI logo should be "NEAI" in block letters but with the bottom half of each letter rusted out substantially. Maybe the AI could have a few patch panels booger welded to the bottom of it and some Chassis Saver smeared haphazardly on the bottom of that.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The NEAI logo should be "NEAI" in block letters but with the bottom half of each letter rusted out substantially. Maybe the AI could have a few patch panels booger welded to the bottom of it and some Chassis Saver smeared haphazardly on the bottom of that.

"Here is some POR-15. Draw your own."

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays

Billy Tully posted:

Nice! I'm the resident TDI nerd and I approve of this post.
What does that make me?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Opensourcepirate posted:

What does that make me?

You missed dyno day :colbert:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Billy Tully posted:

You missed dyno day :colbert:

Nerd fight, nerd fight!
:v:

Opensourcepirate posted:

What does that make me?

Chopped liver.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Plus his car would probably disintegrate the second it got into New England.

If it did, it certainly wouldn't be from rust. :v:

ACEofsnett posted:

I know this to be true because of your drunken ramblings on IRC and book-of-face :haw:

Seriously though, some day I'll have to make it up there.

Viggen posted:

Your shitbix will make it!

:aaaaa: Viggen isn't saying something about my car breaking down every 10 miles? :frogsiren:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

some texas redneck posted:

:aaaaa: Viggen isn't saying something about my car breaking down every 10 miles? :frogsiren:

At some point, even Dave Letterman stops repeating himself when the joke is no longer funny. Once a decade or two.

..or I just want to see the results on YouTube. Take your pick.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Since when did New England include so many Mid-Atlantic states?

Ozmiander is an honorary member.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 19, 2012

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

commissargribb posted:

Since when did New England include so many Mid-Atlantic states?

Ozmiander is an honorary member.

I may have taken some liberties with the graphic to include New York. :colbert: And it would have looked weird without PA on there. I like to think of it as North East AI anyways :3:

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

A terrible five minute effort using clipart. Come on, people!

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Black88GTA posted:

I may have taken some liberties with the graphic to include New York. :colbert: And it would have looked weird without PA on there. I like to think of it as North East AI anyways :3:

Oh ok. The whole NY as part of New England thing is a pretty common misconception I'm told. I didn't know you were just openining it up to the "North East".

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

At NEAI 3 I think we should take a small engine, run it on woodgas, then hook up some alternators and weld with them turning wood into welding.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
How's the 19th for everyone? If it seems like that will work, I'll block out the day on our calendar.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Hillridge posted:

How's the 19th for everyone? If it seems like that will work, I'll block out the day on our calendar.

drat I'll be in another country :( I would bring my 528 to come play otherwise.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Hillridge posted:

January 19 is now blocked off on my calendar, I can't wait.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Going to request the 19th and 20th off. If I can't take both, I would take the 20th yeah?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I should be in as long as I don't have to pick up the RS from cage that day.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
The 19th works for me. I can bring along some burgers if you have a grill there.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
works for me

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I may or may not get the time off. The guy who does the scheduling has informed me that other people have put in for that weekend off before me. :smith:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
We came to kick rear end and chew bubble gum.

And we're all outta gum :unsmigghh:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
WELP. No hackerspace party for me. I got time off denied.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
How late is too late to start on the 19th? I have to go to a birthday party at foxwoods Friday night, so I doubt I'll be back before early afternoon Saturday.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Hillridge posted:

How late is too late to start on the 19th? I have to go to a birthday party at foxwoods Friday night, so I doubt I'll be back before early afternoon Saturday.

You're the host, start it when you want. 2pm? 4pm?

I've got a buddy that lives in Merrimack so I can be there whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
I saw this on the website:

quote:

After the people, one of the greatest resources we have at MakeIt is the shelving full of “junk” and parts, free for any members to pillage for projects. Many of these treasures were scavenged out of the trash/recycling, including most of the electrical components. Thousands of dollars worth of unused parts that would have been wasted now have a second chance

So - do you want donations of electronic junk? I've got a bunch of electronic stuff here I was going to get rid of...couple not working DVD players, old car stereos, mid-2000s computers, etc. If so, I'll scrounge up what I can and bring it over, if not I'll trash it.

• Locked thread