Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

C

I feel good after an update for once!

vs. Righties no DH
3B McGraw
LF Hamilton
CF Speaker
C Campanella
1B Hodges
RF Snider
SS Banks
2B STEVE

vs. Lefties no DH

RF STEVE
3B Robinson
1B Hodges
C Campanella
SS Banks
LF Kelley
2B Stephenson
CF Speaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Said it in the IRC, but want to keep it more permanent here:

Trading any one player of mine for two top 12 SL draft picks. If they're really good picks (like, one of them top-3), then I might add a slightly lesser player or my second round draft pick. I'm hoping for at least three picks in the first round this year. I need the depth.

CraigK fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 29, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
By the way, I feel like it's necessary to answer a few general questions about player performance in the Super-League:

Why does Barry Bonds/Mark McGwire/Three True Outcomes Slugger have such lovely stats?

Mainly because they tend to have bad contact skills, and Super-League pitchers are, by and large, very stingy with the walk, which hurts them pretty badly.

Why does Sandy Koufax/Randy Johnson/Steve Carlton/any power lefty struggle?

Well, they don't always, so there's that. More generally, they tend to run into trouble because they face lineups loaded with patient right-handed hitters who are willing to wait them out for a walk or a home run, and, again, generally, the only lefty hitters that Super-League owners allow to face left-handed pitchers are guys like Babe Ruth and Ted Williams, who are not going be dominated, even by guys as good as the Big Unit.

Why are home run numbers so low?

Too reasons:

1. Because I use the sliders to keep them down a bit, as otherwise the Super-League would be dominated by power-hitting teams and everyone would have team ERAS near 5, and that would make team building just a competition to see who could get the most sluggers on a team, which wouldn't be that much fun at all.

2. It has to do with how Mogul treats pitchers from eras where people didn't hit a lot of home runs. For example, Mogul says that deadball pitchers have sky-high ground ball rates. Is that accurate? Yes and no. The groundball rates were probably a bit higher back then, but it was because the ball was dead, and so was harder to hit far, as well as batters wanting to avoid fly balls, as they were much more like to become easy outs rather than doubles or home runs. Deadball pitchers probably weren't especially good at inducing ground balls, because, with the deadball, it was safer to get fly outs, but, to make those real-life stats match up with their sim stats, they've made that adjustment.

Why does Jason Kendall suck?

Because he is Jason Kendall.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
C Trust not the police, they apprehend the coyotecoon and deny Mr. Grace his constitutional right to the a gyros.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to be a man in the spotlight for as long as Mark Grace without picking up the one or other clue in how contract negotiation (hostage negotiation are the same thing :colbert:) works. Obviously we are going to ask for confirmation of the deal first. In triplicate if possible. Voting C

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Faustoan Bargain posted:

I'm not too eager to get Tejada back - he should have more power, but he'd basically be a defensive replacement for Mora so far. I'd prefer to swap first round picks if you'd take whatever I'm getting from Mornacale - 22nd is the one listed, but I don't know if he traded that around at all - instead of the #5. If you'd insist on the #5, guess we'd go to option 3, and hope Maddux and Tejada would both stop sucking with a change of scenery.

Voting A.

Edit - checked Mornacale's spreadsheet, pretty sure the pick I'm due and would be willing to let you move up to is indeed #22.

I don't think there's going to be anyone available at #22 that's worth Greg Maddux to me. In fact, looking over this draft, I'm not sure I'd get anyone better than Maddux at #5 -- my projection is I'd either get a 19-year-old Jimmie Foxx or a different version of Maddux at that pick. But if we're exchanging picks, I'm afraid I couldn't settle for less than the #5 at this point, so I think we'd be better off just swapping back.

Landers trade:
04 Miguel Tejada

Commies trade:
95 Greg Maddux

...completing the trade initiated before the season.

This means that the Landers once again have an excess of Super League caliber starting pitching, but I'm feeling a little gun-shy after the near-disaster I just went through. I'm willing to listen to offers, but I'm comfortable standing pat at this point.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

0-fer the week then I take two from the Losers? This inconstancy will not stand, man!

Mix Ryno into a platoon with Carew, and rest Brett will Kid Stargell. I guess I should put old Seaver out to pasture in favor of Tiante.

C, never trust a scotsman to bargain in good faith.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Probably should have done this awhile ago but let's put Red Kress in at SS for what little it may help.

Owners!

I've got more holes than the Titanic and one player can't fill them all, so I'm putting the 3rd overall pick on the block. Ideally looking for a later 1st round pick and a good position player or two (SS especially but really any position outside of 3B needs help).

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Regrettable, but I suppose I had a karmic debt to the Imperialists.

Put Lajoie back in at 2B, Chipper at 3B to rest Edgar, and keep the 1B platoon for now.

C, get all agreements in writing. Right?

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
Well, this is sure to last!

Stick JD Drew in left and Michael Young at second for the week. Do not pull this "I get sore every three weeks" poo poo on me again, Jimmy. Suck it up.

A.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I suppose it's time to make the first pick and the Generics choose 53 Mickey Mantle. He'll go into CF and I'll push Kaline into RF and solve that particular problem.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Here's an editable spreadsheet for both rounds.

Cuba Smokers are on the draft clock

Dynamo League Week 8 Injury Report

Antarctica Unspecifieds
Pie Traynor (3B) (Only meaningful theoretically) - 21 days

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hey Super League Owners The Hartford Whalers want your draft picks! For these draft picks, you can have the following!

Need a shortstop? have a 1995 Derek Jeter!
Need a lefty bullpen arm? Please rid my stupidly deep bullpen of 1972 Sparky Lyle!

I'm also willing to talk 1985 Ozzie Smith if you need an elite defensive Shortstop, however I would need a pick and some sort of position player as well. You can find me on IRC, or PM me trade offers.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VIII: Smasher League Week 7: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

HOT COMMIE-ON-COMMIE ACTION ENDS WITH SMOKERS WIN

Havana- In a battle of teams dedicated to the Marxist principle of the eternal revolution, the Cuba Smokers, who make their home in the last bastion of Communism, outlasted the Commies as well.

The Commies, who had been played better of late, held a 6-4 lead going into the bottom of the, collapsed late as Tyler Clippard gave up two runs in the bottom of the ninth and then, having been kept in the game for some unknowable reason, gave up two more in the bottom of the tenth on a two-run Tettleton home run that ended the game. It was disheartening to say the least.

The owner of the Commies, Faustoan Bargain, named after the assumed identity of one-time Indian pitcher Roberto Hernandez, was not happy, "Damnable capitalist-imperialist pigs who have forced us to fight our fellow revolutionaries! Does your perfidy know no bounds? Clearly, this is all part of some sort of 'divide and conquer' strategy to drive us apart and make us easier for the Military-Industrial-Commissarial Complex to relegate both of our teams! And this is just part of a larger pattern! We lower-tier Super-League teams must unite to combat this concentration of wealth in the top teams! For too long, we have allowed the Super-League to pit us against each other in a futile struggle for survival, but I say that bare survival is no longer enough! We must tear down this Super-League and build a new one, where good players are spread equitably. From each according to his ability, and to each according to his need! Second-Division Teams of the Smasher League, Unite!"

Mickey Tettleton, who won the game for the Smokers, credited his game-winning hit to, "Mother-loving Froot Loops. That's a loving breakfast cereal that makes every-loving-thing loving possible. I see a lot of cocksuckers out there thinking that you can just gobble down some loving Frosted Flakes and expect to win the loving game, but that's just loving impossible. loving impossible!"

Box Score

Don May posted:

EAZY W'S BEAT BARONS 5-1, DON'T SEEM TO CARE

Bolton- The W's have been in the league for seven years now, and it appears that the regular season no longer holds any interest for them.

Team spokesman Jack McDowell, who addressed the media after today's win, made that much clear, "You know, I have to be honest to you, with our new "Doomsday" rotation, anchored by myself, of course, it doesn't seem that likely that anything can stop us now. I mean, just look at the Cultists, they were supposed to be this great unstoppable force, but we already have a four-game lead on them, and things are not exactly trending in their direction. And with the wildcards back in play? Well, we're just marking time at this point. I mean, I'm certainly not paying a lot of attention. Hell, I've spent the better part of the last month trying to learn how to play Dragonforce's "Through the Fire and the Flames" on the guitar. Not because I really like that type of music, just more for the technical challenge of it. And we've all really been doing a lot of side projects. I think Bellhorn is trying to find the Holy Grail...or maybe it was something else, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention. And Daulton...hey, Daulton!" McDowell called over to his teammate, "What have you been doing?"

Daulton walked over from his locker to explain, "Well, as you know, I had been touting the end of the Mayan Long Cycle Calendar as the moment when human consciousness would reach a new level. Obviously, that did not quite happen. But we're still working on it, you know, we're definitely still working on taking mankind to the next level. It's just going to take some time."

That confused McDowell, "Daulton, that makes no sense. The day passed, nothing changed, I'm pretty sure that the end of it."

Daulton remained steadfast, "Are you sure nothing changed? Maybe the change is so subtle that it was imperceptible to the bulk of mankind, and only after a while will we see this new world that has been created."

This argument continued for several minutes, eventually ending inconclusively when McDowell left to go take a shower.

The owner of the Barons who, disappointingly enough is not Captain Sisko, quickly grew angry when each of the first ten questions asked of him were related to Deep Space Nine, "Listen, I'm not here to talk about the Dominion War, I'm here to talk about my baseball team. And no, I don't know whether Worf would be able to take Prince Fielder in a fight. Why would I know that? Why would anyone know that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"

Box Score

More Pointless TV Title poo poo!

: You know, I really do hate my life.
: So, uh...how about these Television Title defenses? Those make you...less super-depressed?
: You mean doing more writing that I'm pretty sure is completely awful and am convinced is mocked by the LP cognoscenti?
: I think the cognoscenti mainly ignore you.
: Yeah, probably. Okay, first defense, Landers are champs, they're defending against the Biosparks, and the Biosparks will take Game 1.
: And that's really thanks to Pete Alexander more than anything else.

: And the Landers will even the series.
: The Biosparks have Babe Ruth, Goose Goslin, and a lot of questions in their lineup. I'm not sure they have enough hitting to make it above .500, let alone make the playoffs.

: Well, they may get relegated, but at least they'll have winning the Television Championship to look back on.
: Big upset, but we'll have to see how long they can hold onto it.

: And they'll go against....the Arguments? Again? Holy gently caress, why does it seem like the Arguments get a chance to win the Television Championship every other week?
: Quirk of the schedule, I guess, but if they win, it will be their third TV Title in the first seven weeks of the season.
: Biosparks take Game 1, but Mo Vaughn hits his sixteenth home run of the season, which is quite impressive.

: And the Arguments will win the second game of the series, they still have a chance to win another TV Title with one more win.
: The Biosparks' bullpen isn't as good as the Bobbleheads was, and that is costing them.

: And the Arguments will win the Television Title once again with a 7-4 win over the Biosparks.
: Good for Snuffy, he deserves it.

: Thank god this week's TV Title games are over! Next week, the Arguments face the Phoenixes in a four-game set that they just might win thanks to the fact that Phoenixes would have to win three games to take the TV Title. After that, we'll see the Arguments-Commies or Phoenixes-Mathematicians.

Team Statistics

Analysis

You'll want to draft a pitcher when your pick comes.

Analysis

Having a much better time lately, even if they're still in a big hole. The Bryce Harper experiment is not working out.

Analysis

Well, there's still time to turn this around, but your team needs to start hitting.

Analysis

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you'll be taking a shortstop with your first pick.

Analysis

Lefties hate Hartford. It's a fact.

Analysis

How long can Schmidt last at 3B is anyone's guess.

Also, tough break in the Louisville game.

Analysis

All the cool owners like Eddie Joost.

Analysis

At least your champions of something!

Analysis

The good news is that your going to get a pick to replace A.J. Burnett soon, which is good, because you HAVE to replace him.

Analysis

And the Maths come roaring back. I'm not quite sure how, but who am I to question it?

Analysis

You need something the shake up your roster, because things aren't heading in a good direction.

Analysis

Big Train and Big Six have been unlucky, but I'm more concerned about Sewell, who just isn't hitting at all. And, I would not, even if he were hitting at full capacity, Banks would still be superior. Admit you were wrong!

Analysis

At least things are looking up.

Analysis

It hasn't been pretty, but the Suicides are hanging in there.

Analysis

The W's are just rolling, although the loss of Snider is going to hurt.

Analysis

FIX YOUR PITCHING!

Standings and Leaders

A. Send out the injured cashier! - 5 votes

B. Send out Mrs. Applebaum, a 60 year-old retiree! - 4 votes

C. "No deal, McGregor! I want that immunity in writing before I release anyone! And it better be state AND federal immunity!" - 7 votes

"You must think I'm some kind of idiot, McGregor! You want me to give you a hostage out of the goodness of my heart? A man doesn't take hostages unless he's desperate or just a bad guy. I'll let you decide which one I am, but I'm sure as hell not giving up one of these hostages without some sort of assurances." Mark Grace was angry.

McGregor, on the other hand, was frustrated. He was only five days away from retirement...forced retirement. The village of Skokie couldn't afford a full-time hostage negotiator, or so they said. Either way, he was getting cashiered at the end of the month, and he had no interest in blowing his last case, especially not when the chief was looking for any reason to take his pension. "Okay, Grace, I'll get your immunity agreement. In the meantime, is there anything I can get you at the moment? Food? Water? Medical treatment for any of the hostages?" McGregor had a plan, it wasn't a great one, but it would have to do.

But Grace wasn't going to make it easy....

DECISION TIME!

A. Food? Good, because it's time that Mark Grace got that gyros!

B. That cashier isn't in great shape, some medical treatment might not be the worst idea.

C. "Stop stalling, McGregor! You don't get me that agreement, signed by the D.A., and some rocket fuel, then bodies are going to start dropping! Is that what you want on your conscience?

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

Put Sale back at AAA and move Jordan Zimmermann up to long relief. Might have him take over for Peavy in the rotation, but figure I should give the ERA a chance to match that strikeout rate. Also, let Ryan close, Clippard in SR. Keep shufflin' them deck chairs!

A theory for why Bryce Harper needs to go to AAA? I had been platooning him against RHP only, but the game apparently believes him to be a RHB. He is, in fact, left-handed. I'll also call up Tejada.

Lineups:

vs. RHP:
2B Morgan
CF Averill
DH Stargell
RF Clemente
3B Tejada
C Burgess
1B Palmeiro
SS Ramirez
LF Morse

vs. LHP
1B Morse
RF Clemente
C Lopez
DH Stargell
SS Mora
2B Morgan
LF Werth
CF Averill
3B Zimmerman

Voting C.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Faustoan Bargain posted:

A theory for why Bryce Harper needs to go to AAA? I had been platooning him against RHP only, but the game apparently believes him to be a RHB. He is, in fact, left-handed. I'll also call up Tejada.

Yeah, I'll cop to making that mistake, but, then again, starting a 19 year-old rookie with no Major League experience was never, ever, ever going to work in the Super-League, especially since he racked up 120 strikeouts in 139 games in the National League which, comparatively, doesn't have nearly the same quality of pitcher of the Super-League.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Once more the Arguments defy their limitations to become TV Champs! Go us!

Now, to business. We need to rest Snuffy and Gabby. Next week, give Gabby some time off with Howard replacing him for 4? 5? games, until his soreness goes away. Snuffy is a little harder to deal with, as my backup 2B is my starting 3B. So, Valentin gets to play second and the backup 3B (Malzone) gets to cover 3rd for a week, whereupon Valentin gets a few days off. Do not adjust the hitting order, some turds are not made to be polished.

And how the hell did we draw 12 walks in one game against the Biosparks? 51 homers, I get that. But 12 walks in a game? Patience is our only virtue.

Obit vote: B, we don't need a dead cashier stinking up the place.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
ALL THAT MATTERS NOW IS THE GYROS

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ok, time for my first roster changes on the season! Exciting!

So first thing is first. Start Platooning Posada and Munson. Send Cash and Maddox to AAA and call up Valverde and Williams.

Lineups look like this for Week 8.

RHP
2B Eddie Collins
1B Wade Boggs
RF Reggie Jackson
DH Bernie Williams
C Jorge Posada
CF Bobby Murcer
LF Vernon Wells
3B Randy Valverde
SS Ozzie Smith

LHP
2B Eddie Collins
1B Wade Boggs
RF Reggie Jackson
DH Mike Schmidt
LF Vernon Wells
C Thurman Munson
CF Bernie Williams
3B Randy Valverde
SS Ozzie Smith

Starting pitching remains the same, but the bullpen now looks like this:

CL: John Wetteland
SU: Mariano Rivera
SR: Tug McGraw
SR: Gene Garber
MR: Sparky Lyle
LR: Mike Mussina

Also, It's time that Mark Grace got serious: C.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Shadow gamer, it's still your pick.

Also, we'll do voting for All-Star teams next week. The rules will be the same as last year. Everyone votes for the starter and manager of the team, and the manager gets to pick the pitching staff and the reserves,

The All-Star series is best-of-seven and the winning league's DH rule will be in effect for all games in the finals.

So, get ready for that, and remember above all else rule 45(b) of the Super-League charter: Led Zeppelin Rules

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

quote:

Analysis

Also, tough break in the Louisville game.

A real bitch, but sometimes the rest of your team just can't shoot for poo poo. Sloppy all-around.

Reinstate Larkin at short, bring up Bret Boone to rest Bobby Grich. Send down Thompson to make room, Al Dark can cover the left side of the infield as a defensive replacement. Toss Baines out into left to cover for Rickey for the week.

B, because I had a vision of Det. Don Slaught volunteering to go in masquerading as a paramedic. A female paramedic, obviously.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
C.

(Also you misspelled two here:

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Why are home run numbers so low?

Too reasons:

)

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Smasher Dynamo posted:

So, get ready for that, and remember above all else rule 45(b) of the Super-League charter: Led Zeppelin Rules

Finally, something we agree on!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Changing a couple of the sliders:

code:
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -3
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: -2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: -2
Also, it looks like the Cuba Smokers were skipped about eight and a half hours ago now. The Biosparks have until about 2:45.

What happens if the Biosparks get skipped as well? Will we just move on to the next team in line and let the Biosparks and Smokers pick whenever they're available?

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Got asked to stay long at work so posting from phone. I know I'll probably regret this pick but with the lack of depth there, the Biosparks select Hanley Ramierez to fill the black hole at SS. If someone can update the spreadsheet for me, it would be much appreciated.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

blakelmenakle posted:

Got asked to stay long at work so posting from phone. I know I'll probably regret this pick but with the lack of depth there, the Biosparks select Hanley Ramierez to fill the black hole at SS. If someone can update the spreadsheet for me, it would be much appreciated.
Done. Coburns are up next.

Also, I vote B. Tempted by the gyros still, though.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Beltran in at CF, Chet Lemon to LF, Giles back in RF.

B.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Okay, the Smokers are going to take Walter Johnson because that's what they would have down had Shadow gamer been here.

Smasher League Week 8 Injury Report

Cuba Smokers
J.D. Drew (OF) (At least you have Big Train now) - 7 days

Luna Landers
Slim Love (SP) (Slim Love is no love at all, man!) - 27 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Rob Dibble (RP) (Yoshida for Closer!) - 24 days

Spokane Air Raids
J.J. Putz (RP) (The Life of a Putz ne'er ran smooth!) - 78 days

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Smasher League Week 8 Injury Report

Luna Landers
Slim Love (SP) (Slim Love is no love at all, man!) - 27 days

Love Is Over :(

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Anyone want to trade up? I mean, the only offensive player I am really unhappy with is Schmidt, but you can't replace Mike Schmidt. You just can't.

Winning package would include a reliever (not as the centerpiece, obviously).

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Going with A because all we ever wanted was some gyros.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
DRAFT SPREADSHEET NOTES

If at all possible, update the "current as of" when you make a significant edit. I'm OCD like that.

Also, according to the sheet, the Biosparks took Hanley Ramirez, but we should probably wait for official confirmation on that before going too crazy.

Also also, B.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Grinnblade posted:

DRAFT SPREADSHEET NOTES

If at all possible, update the "current as of" when you make a significant edit. I'm OCD like that.

Also, according to the sheet, the Biosparks took Hanley Ramirez, but we should probably wait for official confirmation on that before going too crazy.

Also also, B.

It's confirmed, so very, very confirmed.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Will someone put the draft spreadsheet on this page?

edit: Whoops, didn't see it up there until just now.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Mark Grace cares for the common man. Let's get that cashier some medical treatment. B.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Ah, gently caress it, I'll just take teenage Jimmie Foxx. I traded an edition off the Radbourns for Ott, plus he could cover first if I need to give into despair and move Brett to third.

A.

Commies up.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

"Aw shucks I guess I'll just accept getting the guy Faustoan Bargain had really wanted."

:argh:

Got a couple names I'm interested enough in, but think I'd prefer to trade down at this point. Anyone looking to move up? I'd be open to taking a later pick plus a depth guy (or just two late picks, given how many holes my roster has), or might just give up the pick for a power bat/starter.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Forgot to vote on the obit. A

Faustoan Bargain posted:

Got a couple names I'm interested enough in, but think I'd prefer to trade down at this point. Anyone looking to move up? I'd be open to taking a later pick plus a depth guy (or just two late picks, given how many holes my roster has), or might just give up the pick for a power bat/starter.
Anybody you're interested in on the Failures roster straight up for the pick?

e: Here's a link to the roster: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=83#post410464590

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 30, 2012

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
C

Also, Tesreau returns to #5, Grimes to LR. Yoshida to closer, Smith to SR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

C for the obit because Grace isn't stupid and we all know how a cop five days from retirement is supposed to end up.