Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Artie was out sick again. Even still, his show is getting better guests than Stern. Gilbert was on last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
It was this time 2 years ago that he had his little incident.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

Vinnie's tapes apparently got a woman to marry him, though. Booey's tape did not get him his girlfriend back. (They eventually got together again briefly, but not right after the Booey tape.)

Maybe Vinnie's wife is a superfreak. :shrug:

keep in mind vinny and his wife met because vinny dialed a wrong number. I've dialed a wrong number before, and I've had other people call me by mistake before. poo poo ends after about 10 seconds. I don't know how you parlay that into loving someone and getting married, but I do know that's how you can tell the both of them are loons

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kylej posted:

keep in mind vinny and his wife met because vinny dialed a wrong number. I've dialed a wrong number before, and I've had other people call me by mistake before. poo poo ends after about 10 seconds. I don't know how you parlay that into loving someone and getting married, but I do know that's how you can tell the both of them are loons

But Vinnie's job is to be an unending fountain of bullshit. He can talk about anything until you want to puke; I don't think a wrong number would slow him down very much.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Eb posted:

The hardest I've laughed in the last couple of weeks was when Eric claimed, completely serious, that 9 out of 10 people had the same condition he has. Apparently he had read it on Wikipedia.

Being horrible actors/assholes? I agree.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Eb posted:

The hardest I've laughed in the last couple of weeks was when Eric claimed, completely serious, that 9 out of 10 people had the same condition he has. Apparently he had read it on Wikipedia.

I, personally, am club loving footed.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Bonzo posted:

It was this time 2 years ago that he had his little incident.

Hasn't it been three years now? Wasn't it winter break 2009?

Eb
May 6, 2003
After reading about his disease he may have confused "9 or 10 cases worldwide" with "9 out of 10 people".

Clip is here.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRL1SBh0Hw

"Gorillo is gonna be as homeless as an actual gorilla"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mochiloc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRL1SBh0Hw

"Gorillo is gonna be as homeless as an actual gorilla"

Is this the one bit where Stuttering John isn't getting dumped on constantly by Howard?

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Artie was out sick again. Even still, his show is getting better guests than Stern. Gilbert was on last night.

No Artie again tonight. Nick better start booking stand up gigs fast.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Found this in my old favorites list, has a lot of calls and ETM packs from 2006-2009, along with a best of Artie pack: http://scriptcover.com/

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I just finished listening to the old Get John's Job pack again, and it's funny that Chaunce is so repulsive a human being that he had zero chance of winning. He did a pretty goddamn good job during his week, and he was a gross enough person to actually replace Stuttering John. Still obvious that the right person won.

I'm not a big Yucko fan, but it would've been fascinating if he'd won. How long could he have kept the clown schtick up if he'd have gotten the job? His song parody was horrible and hysterical all at once.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I was driving down the Sunset strip a couple of days ago and saw Melrose Larry telling some cops that he supported them since he's a "very conservative republican". He literally bragged that he calls in to the Stern show lol

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

kylej posted:

I once banged a chick (once) who called my pager on a wrong number; she sounded hot when I called to find out who the gently caress paged me (this was 1995ish), and she ended up being hot when I went round to pick her up (I was going to keep driving if she wasn't.) But the whole thing kind of weirded me out so I never talked to her again. :heysexy:

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
I miss Steve Langford http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXduNv5I6AI

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I miss Steve Langford's effect on Penny Crone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngDQSPPkQhg

Extra points for Doug Stanhope and Bingo in the studio. :allears:

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Merry Christmas to my favorite thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSn-zay-rY

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Release Robin's Bra, to everyone!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8IQqcq270

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ0AaUaKB80

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Eb posted:

Reminder that he also thought werewolves were an actual species of canine.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
So I stopped listening back in May, and probably am going to cancel my subscription soon. Is there anything still going on with the show? Has anything notable happened since then, other than whatever's going on with Robin? And is Robin just basically being Howard Hughes now?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Rodney the Piper posted:

So I stopped listening back in May, and probably am going to cancel my subscription soon. Is there anything still going on with the show? Has anything notable happened since then, other than whatever's going on with Robin? And is Robin just basically being Howard Hughes now?

I've had a three month free trial subscription going for about two months now and I really haven't heard any content that would actually make me pay for satellite. Between all the vacation time Howard & the staff takes (in addition to only working three days a week to begin with), and the collection of talentless losers that do shows on 101 I really don't think its worth it. I have much more fun finding random shows & bits on YouTube.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 26, 2012

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I have never heard this before today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf0BTfR64Tk

Jesus Christ was I howling with laughter at Richard. Brilliant.

Agro ver Haus doom
Jul 27, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rodney the Piper posted:

Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio. Whenever your subscription or free trial runs out, they'll either give you a call or you can call them and just haggle with them. I got a year subscription for $50 and some change.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Agro ver Haus doom posted:

Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio. Whenever your subscription or free trial runs out, they'll either give you a call or you can call them and just haggle with them. I got a year subscription for $50 and some change.

How the gently caress has this company not gone completely bankrupt yet?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ransom posted:

Even though the stock is trading under $3, they apparently had a fairly decent quarter/year:

quote:

Sirius’s steady subscriber growth has continued, with 23.4 million customers by the end of September, an increase of 446,000 for the quarter. It predicts net subscriber growth of at least 1.8 million for the year. The company had $867 million in revenue, up 14 percent from the same period a year ago.

After repurchasing $868 million in debt, Sirius had $74.5 million in net income for the quarter, or 1 cent a share, down from $104 million a year ago and a penny below analysts’ estimates. But its adjusted earnings, which exclude share-based compensation and other expenses, were up 24 percent to $245 million, and the company ended the quarter with $556 million in cash.

It looks like they were REALLY in the tank a year ago but now they're getting some steady growth.

quote:

Sirius’s stock has risen 61 percent over the last year. It was largely unchanged on Thursday, closing at $2.81, up 0.4 percent.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Even though the stock is trading under $3, they apparently had a fairly decent quarter/year:

It looks like they were REALLY in the tank a year ago but now they're getting some steady growth.

The standard explanation I've seen is "people are buying more cars". If people don't buy new cars, they don't get Sirius/XM radios. Nobody buys the standalone ones.

I really should have had some balls and bought the stock when it was a nickel. A nickel, dammit! :argh:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

prefect posted:

Nobody buys the standalone ones.

Specially now that they have (grudgingly) embraced streaming. I'll never buy Sirius/XM hardware again!
I don't know how many people stream through their phones, but a few months ago the Android Sirius app added a library of current shows that you can stream, podcast style. This has completely changed how I listen to the show on the road!

Now I'm just waiting for Sonos to add the podcasts to the Sirius menu.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Even though the stock is trading under $3, they apparently had a fairly decent quarter/year...

I've still got my 25 shares that I bought the day Howard made the announcement. I should have just sold that day, because it spiked to like $10 or something.

Agro ver Haus doom
Jul 27, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ransom posted:

Probably because it doesn't actually cost $15 a month from each subscriber to keep the service going.

edit: Seriously, if you aren't bargaining and haggling with them over your monthly rates, you're doing it wrong. Whenever your subscription is about to end, just tell them that you don't use it very much at all and you mostly listen to podcasts and use your iPod for music and don't really need it. I guarantee they will lower your rates trying to get you to stay.

Agro ver Haus doom fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 28, 2012

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Here's an event from the upcoming CES:

Mobile Apps Showdown
12:30 p.m. Thursday, January 10
LVCC, North Hall, Room N255

Are you ready for a showdown? Pit your mobile app against the competition during the Mobile Apps Showdown at the 2013 CES! App producers will have two minutes to demo their app, and an applause-o-meter will measure audience enthusiasm to determine the winners. Two winners will be selected, one based on a live vote at CES and the other based on online voters at the website. Guest emcees Gary Dell'Abate and Jon Hein from the Howard Stern Show will host the event.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Ransom posted:

Deals with car companies, I'd guess.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

The standard explanation I've seen is "people are buying more cars". If people don't buy new cars, they don't get Sirius/XM radios. Nobody buys the standalone ones.

I really should have had some balls and bought the stock when it was a nickel. A nickel, dammit! :argh:

This is why I'm a lousy investor. I was so happy to see it tank, too.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
So no History of Howard Stern this year and no mention of it at all as far as I can tell. I wonder if they're seriously going to save it for the last year or two Howard's with Sirius.

Also, think of all the poor mooks who bought Sirius stock right when Howard signed with them. It was several dollars a share at that point, right?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Holy poo poo.

March 3, 2000
SIRI: 63.25

(Remember the dot-com bubble? This is probably a result of "Sirius has a Web site now" or something equally earth-shattering.)

Recent years have not been as high.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

Also, think of all the poor mooks who bought Sirius stock right when Howard signed with them. It was several dollars a share at that point, right?

I was one of the those mooks... except that I made a lot of money. I bought as soon as he announced, and then sold on the bounce right after he started. Anyone who held it much longer got hosed.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
This was a bad idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

sedative posted:

This was a bad idea

The marriage, or the photo?