Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I'm on Illtair right now if there's any shy new goons who need a port, bind, some plat, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aca
Dec 19, 2004
heh
I just hit level 5 on my halfling druid and have been leveling in misty thickets but am contemplating making way to EC if people say its better.

aca
Dec 19, 2004
heh
what's your characters name? mine's guccii

ok seems like you got off.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Had a kiddo emergency unfortunately. I put you on my friends list so I can spot you in the future.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

aca posted:

That would be awesome if you could hook me up with some extra plat.. I'm in desperate need of some. How can I get a hold of you.

Fewd posted:

I'm usually online on euro evenings. Not in game though so send me a pm or maybe stalk me on Steam to ask them and I'll log on.

Steam chat is probably best way, I don't have other IM's usually on.

Twaan
Apr 3, 2009
Can use some plat to get going or SK gear, I am lvl 11 in banded armor and in KURNS Tower as Twan (single a).

aca
Dec 19, 2004
heh
Ok made it to EC... It looks really busy and not that many mobs but hopefully it was the good choice.. I'm gonna put in some serious time tomorrow night PST if anyone low level wants to join.

Looking around it seems everyone is too low a level or too high

aca fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 30, 2012

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aca posted:

Ok made it to EC... It looks really busy and not that many mobs but hopefully it was the good choice.. I'm gonna put in some serious time tomorrow night PST if anyone low level wants to join.

Looking around it seems everyone is too low a level or too high

EC is a good zone either way because you can beg high level damage shields and buffs off mages/druids/shamans in the tunnel, and solo red con mobs, and you ought to get a bind either in FP or Neriak depending on your race, so that way if you do bite the dust your run is very short.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

aca posted:

That would be awesome if you could hook me up with some extra plat.. I'm in desperate need of some. How can I get a hold of you.

whats your name in game? i can spare a few bucks

aca
Dec 19, 2004
heh

Lakedaimon posted:

whats your name in game? i can spare a few bucks

Guccii

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

quote:

Attack of The Killer Gnome
I was invisible and running through the Karanas one day when I noticed a young gnome near the gypsy camp. He was fighting a lion and though it looked like he would win the battle, being a fellow gnome, I decided to help the guy out.

I targeted the lion, clicked on my mesmerize spell, then *started* to type: "I'm mesmerizing the lion for you." I got as far as: "I'm " when I remembered that I had replaced my mesmerize spell with an Area of Effect mesmerize spell... and that I was standing next to an NPC enchantress. Gulp.

My movement keys are mapped to "w a s d" so I frantically stabbed at my keyboard, trying to MOVE and interrupt the spell.

I forgot that I was in typing mode.

The gypsy enchantress didn't like my attempt to mezz her so she promptly charmed me and made me go after the gnome I had been trying to *save*. I watched in horror as my peace-loving character, knife flailing like a crazed sushi chef, chased the little guy down and stabbed him to death.

I found my victim later and apologized profusely... I even gave him a nice weapon and a piece of armor. He was great about it, and laughed when I told him what happened.

He said he didn't know WHAT was going on. One minute he was fighting a lion, the next minute a strange gnome appeared out of NOWHERE, announced: "I'm wwwaaaddd", then sliced him up like Freddy Krueger.

I found this on the p99 boards and couldn't help but post it here. Cracks me up something ridiculous.

aca
Dec 19, 2004
heh
Thanks everyone who helped me out with some coinage...

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aca posted:

Thanks everyone who helped me out with some coinage...

No sweat, glad I could help, hopefully that gets you situated a bit better.

Also,
SO CLOSE TO 55 I CAN TASTE IT. 1 hour of group XP should ding me.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
got 55, now i need to keep it. dem backstabz.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
So now that you've gotten 55 and your big class defining post-50 ability it's time to roll a new character to almost but not quite get to 60 right? (RIP Integ, Half Elf Warrior)

If anyone has a mid 20s-low 30s character and wants to do some grouping this weekend, I might actually be on long enough to make this happen. I'll bring a tank, you bring whatever!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

aparmenideanmonad posted:

So now that you've gotten 55 and your big class defining post-50 ability it's time to roll a new character to almost but not quite get to 60 right? (RIP Integ, Half Elf Warrior)

If anyone has a mid 20s-low 30s character and wants to do some grouping this weekend, I might actually be on long enough to make this happen. I'll bring a tank, you bring whatever!

I have a cleric I started to a be a naggy/vox bot, heh. I don't think he got to 20 even though (low teens). Not that I know if I'll even have time this weekend anyways....but still. I love grouping in EQ :(

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

this one goes to 60 :P

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

iNteg posted:

How's the SK doing now that you have that gear?

Great! I was actually able to sell the club and cloak and wheel and deal in EC until I decked myself out in metal armor and a nice two hander.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Is the server down? I was playing earlier but now its timing out.

edit: I fixed it this way: "RESOLUTION: I resolved this error by going into my sony - everquest file and making a shortcut to the eqgame.exe, then go into properties, and on the "Target" line, after the quotation marks, put a space and type patchme OR patchme-w. This should bypass the minilauncher for now and will allow you to login to the servers"

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 20, 2012

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I started this from scratch again tonight. If anybody has any newbie alts and wants someone to play with, I'll be around most weeknights.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

If any guild members who can invite are around, could you toss one my way sometime? I'm Tolin, just started playing again a few days ago

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery
If anyone could give my enchanter Synesthesia officer status, I am usually camped in EC tunnel and around a lot as of late, so I could invite the goons that have been coming back and looking for a guild. Just send me a tell on Synesthesia or Infinite when you are on whoever can do this.

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery
Definitely will be around most of the day today on Synesthesia, so just bumping this in case someone sees it that can make me an officer as I have gotten a few invite requests.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
If there's anyone who's just dying to offload some starter gear on a warrior/shaman my girlfriend and I will happily help you do so. Purely out of kindness.

Shambles
Dec 8, 2003
Started playing last night, I'll see if I can get an invite to the guild later.

Either as Church[WE Bard] or Teeks[Human Monk]

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Have we ever had a level 60 in IG?

I think I'll be 59 pretty soon, and I finally got a fungi tunic (60k motherfuck@#$@#).

I sense burnout is coming soon, but it's been a fun 5-6 weeks.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

moolchaba posted:

Have we ever had a level 60 in IG?

I think I'll be 59 pretty soon, and I finally got a fungi tunic (60k motherfuck@#$@#).

I sense burnout is coming soon, but it's been a fun 5-6 weeks.

That's a shame, especially after getting a Fungi! Don't let it go to waste, let us know if you're gonna burn out.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
We've had 60s tagged before, though I don't think any are at the moment. The next time I'm on I will probably tag Bugen back into IG though just to spite you.

Regarding officer tags, I will be available at random hours over the next few days to hand some more out and invite new folks as well.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

We've had 60s tagged before, though I don't think any are at the moment. The next time I'm on I will probably tag Bugen back into IG though just to spite you.

60's tagged before, sure. Who gives a gently caress about that.

I haven't dropped the guild tag since I got it in 2010. I'm loving awesome.

SleepyK
May 21, 2008
In as Speon, WE druid. Not sure how much I'll play, but I'll ask for an invite within the next few days I reckon. I love how I've died 8 times before I hit level 7, I'm such a noob :sigh:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Yes. I do all my banking in Halas.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

moolchaba posted:

Yes. I do all my banking in Halas.

Any advice on working Halas faction up? I'd like to be able to do that one day as an iksar.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Any advice on working Halas faction up? I'd like to be able to do that one day as an iksar.

Have either an Iksar Necro or SK and get the CoS (sells for about 1-2k these days).

I'm KOS nearly everywhere (including Halas), but you can FD near the banker and access your bank. Then get up and insta-invis using the CoS.

edit: bankers now will attack if you have bad faction, so make sure you can take the hits before you try this. You should probably be over level 40 or so.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Halas factions are really hard to get if you're starting from KoS. Gnoll Fangs are among the easiest way to get them up but there's very few NPCs/mobs to kill to get your faction up with the quest turn-in chick, who is on Steel Warriors: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=34

Having sneak makes it a lot easier.

I can't remember what faction you need for the milk-run portion of this quest, but having an enchanter buddy charm this guy or maybe even bumming a charge of charm might work to get steel warriors up quickly.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=361

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 31, 2012

Shambles
Dec 8, 2003
I hate my self for enjoying this so much. Got my monk[Teeks] to 31 in less than a week, man 30 was tough, forgot how horrible hell levels were!

Cheers to Berker for getting in touch for an invite, but I've managed to find an active Euro guild which suits my playtime more suitably. Bumped into an old friend and he's given me some kit so things are easier.

Does anyone not currently playing have a haste item I could borrow? I wont sell it, and I promise to keep it safe while you're away. If you ever return I'll naturally give it back. Cheers!

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
After the LINKDEAD debacle of last nights Royal Rumble in the Arena (190+ of all levels attended this impromptu GM event beatdown with lots /ooc bitching), I'm inspired to do something event-oriented, but on a smaller scale.

Since I finally reached level 60 on Sirduh I'm putting together some mini-events and prizes to say gently caress all you guys and this game which has wasted my life.

Here's the list of ideas I have so far:

1. Teams of low levels take turns beating me down in the arena and awarding the one to take me down the fastest.

2. We would all create level 3 characters and have an all out brawl to last man standing. Or tournament bracket style.

3. Level 1 gnome race across West Karanas or similar zone.

4. Simple scavenger hunt (really gay).

5. Delete my account.

I have some ideas for prizes such as: 2 hours of SK powerleveling (works fairly well up to mid 30's), up to 3k in plat, various items around 1-2k, loving back massage, and mixed tape of heavy breathing.

I know this will apply to ... 3 people in total. But I don't care. I don't care.

I'll probably plan this for a weekend or maybe Friday night. If anyone has a suggestion, please share it (with your mother).

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm in. The gnome run needs to involve spamming drinking first though.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Level 1 gnome necro race, Akanon to Erudin, no buffs or ports.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
OK, who blew up the guild? I logged in my SK and my <Invalid Guild> tag was gone, then I logged in my druid alt who had the IG leader tag and was guildless as well. All my other characters still have their guild tags. Anyone have any info before I start chatting with the server staff?

I didn't see 'delete guild' on your list of ideas Sirduh or you would be my prime suspect :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

My tag is still on. Dunno.

• Locked thread