Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

BriteNite posted:

Pledged for $60, I'm down for some parody gaming.

Screw that. I'm down for some fine vidcon edutainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Congratulations on the $120k, Cboyardee. I'm really looking forward to this game, possibly even moreso than the other Kickstarter games that I've backed.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!
Congrats Cboyardee. I hope this is the beginning of a great career for you.

Don't disappoint us.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
True Doom Murderheads, I am having a problem trying to play Chapter One of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. I'm extracting the game from the zip and it says that the folders such as music exist and I can only skip the step, the rub being I can play the game but it has no music (normal sounds work). Is this a common thing, I can't seem to fix it and Google isn't helping me.

edit: deleted a couple of 0kb files that existed for some reason and replaced them manually with music/voice/bg. I am now slamming with the best.

J Bjelke-Postersen fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 29, 2012

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Can't wait for this game. The first one was hilarious! Congrats on 120k!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Congratulations on raising 120k! I am playing through the first one and it is absolutely hilarious so far (just killed the Diabeastie.) Did not have any money on my card so I will have to pick this one up when its released. :)

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
What the hell? Did that guy hire himself onto the team for 11,000 dollars? That doesn't really seem right.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Are you serious?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

WHOIS John Galt posted:

What the hell? Did that guy hire himself onto the team for 11,000 dollars? That doesn't really seem right.

Seems legit, perhaps too legit...

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Carl Douglas?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TgoF-ccdGM

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Carl douglas is part of the barkley extended universe.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Did he actually give $10k? He definitely didn't take the 10k reward tier.

I just hope this guy isn't like, a spy working for Square Enix Goya looking to sabotage the game or anything...

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Don't forget they also have Paypal money, so they have more than what's shown pledged.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

helopticor posted:

*Can I have my original avatar back?

No.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I just hope this guy isn't like, a spy working for Square Enix Goya looking to sabotage the game or anything...
No he didn't actually give $10k, and even if he did he can't actually make them hire him you dolt.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Just wanted to throw another congratulations on the table. Awesome! Can't wait for this game.

memomi
Dec 16, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

hellocruelworld posted:

disappoint us.

Agreed.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

If he did, it would've been through PayPal and not Kickstarter, so it obviously wouldn't show up on the Kickstarter page that he got the reward.

But yeah, I really hope that he did donate 10k and claims his reward. I have a mental image of him having lunch with pictures of the developers, pretending to be hired and thanking the pictures for their generosity.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

If he did, it would've been through PayPal and not Kickstarter, so it obviously wouldn't show up on the Kickstarter page that he got the reward.

On Kickstarter, you can pick a reward below your payment level.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 31, 2012

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Hey everyone, sorry I've taken so long to respond to this. If any of you watched the stream, you might have noticed I'm pretty sick and I've basically been in hibernation since the Kickstarter ended trying to catch up on sleep I should have gotten long ago. We're going to be working full-time on the game starting tomorrow and we are p.u.m.p.e.d. about it.

Thank you everyone who helped make this happen. None of us ever expected this to reach $120,000 - we basically just threw up a bunch of stretch goals we thought we'd never reach when we broke the first set. In fact, we thought it would take us the duration of the whole Kickstarter just to break our goal of $35,000. It is just unbelievable the amount of support and generosity everyone here has given, so thank you all.

We've decided based on your feedback that instead of Barkley 2, we should work on a pro-circumcision kart racer called Boppy Boyz, so that's where all of the money will be going. Anything we don't use will be going towards luxury cruises and real estate in Spain.

But yeah, we're super excited to get working on this game and we owe a lot to you, so thank you. Although it's been a very exciting and fun time, we're ready to get to work. Rewards will be sent (except for the art book and the game itself) as soon as we receive the Kickstarter money and people will be contacted about their shipping information and preferences shortly. Everyone is getting both the Mac and PC versions of the game, so there's no need to email us about which one you'd like.

Again, thank you for everything. You all are amazing!

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Also that art guy was just joking around, he obviously didn't give us $11,000.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I feel like this doesn't need asking but just to make sure, Cyberdwarf will be very tsundere in the game I hope? I will be disappointed if his tsundere designation was just a joke to sell me a body pillow, and he lacks both tsun and dere in canon.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Chef Boyardee posted:

Also that art guy was just joking around, he obviously didn't give us $11,000.

So... he's going to animate the superbowl commercial? That's cool!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am legit excited for Boppy Boyz. Let's cut down the kart racing competition, yall.:clint:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Does it look like you're recovering? Hope you get well soon.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 31, 2012

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
How do you feel about gun's control, Chef Boyardee?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Would like to hear about Boppy Boyz please

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

BiggerJ posted:

Does it look like you're recovering? Hope you get well soon.

Thank you! You sort of need to qualify "recovering". I'm no longer barfing all the time or bleeding out of my ears, but I've reached this plateau where I've always got a headache, always have a soar throat, always have an ear ache and can't hear out of my right ear. I'm visiting the doctor tomorrow, I'm just afraid I might have mononucleosis.

Francois Kofko posted:

How do you feel about gun's control, Chef Boyardee?

I can only hope any gun's legislation passed in the US doesn't apply to interstellar dwarf space ziggurats.

Macaluso posted:

Would like to hear about Boppy Boyz please

Foreskin isn't doing anyone, least of all gamers, any favors. We just feel like it's time we lead the charge against foreskin in kart racer format.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Chef Boyardee posted:

Foreskin isn't doing anyone, least of all gamers, any favors. We just feel like it's time we lead the charge against foreskin in kart racer format.

Is there a Grand Bris game mode?

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Chef Boyardee posted:

I can only hope any gun's legislation passed in the US doesn't apply to interstellar dwarf space ziggurats.

the Necron Rifle's Association is a powerful lobbyist.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

Chef Boyardee posted:

Thank you! You sort of need to qualify "recovering". I'm no longer barfing all the time or bleeding out of my ears, but I've reached this plateau where I've always got a headache, always have a soar throat, always have an ear ache and can't hear out of my right ear. I'm visiting the doctor tomorrow, I'm just afraid I might have mononucleosis.

This sounds like the perfect state of a creative mind imo

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Chef Boyardee posted:

I once lost hearing in one ear and got a headache and was nauseous. Apparently when I went swimming a bunch of my ear wax got loose and compacted against my ear drum! They put a warm water jet into my ear and blew it all out, it felt awesome.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So ends a great K.I.C.K.S.T.A.R.T.E.R.

If there isn't at least one kickstarter reference/joke in the game I will be disappointed so sorely, you have no idea!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Uncle Jam posted:

I once lost hearing in one ear and got a headache and was nauseous. Apparently when I went swimming a bunch of my ear wax got loose and compacted against my ear drum! They put a warm water jet into my ear and blew it all out, it felt awesome.

You can buy syringe thingies in stores for that purpose. It's incredibly satisfying in the most horrific way when you flush a golfball-sized orange turd out of your ear. Q-tips are for scrubs.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Doc Hawkins posted:

If there isn't at least one kickstarter reference/joke in the game I will be disappointed so sorely, you have no idea!

Didn't you even read the kickstarter? NO JOKE'S.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I have a list of references that I would like to see and if Barkley 2 fails to deliver on a single one of them it will negate everything else about the game and shatter my belief of anything good or innocent in this world.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Chef Boyardee posted:

If you need money for treatment due to the infamous American Healthcare System (TM), all you need to do is ask. Your PayPal account will bloat accordingly.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Hatbox Ghost posted:

You can buy syringe thingies in stores for that purpose. It's incredibly satisfying in the most horrific way when you flush a golfball-sized orange turd out of your ear. Q-tips are for scrubs.

You probably shouldn't do that kind of thing by yourself. Ear are delicate! Go to a clinic.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

You probably shouldn't do that kind of thing by yourself. Ear are delicate! Go to a clinic.

Unlike a q-tip, the syringe isn't long enough to damage your inner ear, and it's got a special tip so it's not like you're firing warm water directly against your eardrum. I did go to a clinic and that's where I found out about it and they told me I could find the syringes in stores.

The reason I went to the clinic in the first place was that I tried to clean out my ear with dish soap and failed :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Philip Rivers posted:

Is there a Grand Bris game mode?

It's planned but it might have to get cut.