Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

There's a ton of files inside that folder, I tried searching for specific words inside the folder but couldn't locate which file stored the notes.

Yeah, that won't work, they're stored as utf-8 so there's null bytes between each letter. But like I said the files should have nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed in the name, personally I have chrome-extension_nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed_0.localstorage and chrome-extension_nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed_0.localstorage-journal but I wanted to be as non-specific as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, I imagined they'd be stored locally, my question is precisely where are they stored locally and if I can copy that file to the new computer. I still haven't formatted the old one so I could copy the file where the notes are stored to the new machine. Would such a thing work? Which file/folder would I need to copy/replace?

Ah sorry, its just in browser local storage. You'll have to open up the extension manager, turn on developer mode, inspect background.html for SALR and then show the developer tools on the page. Local storage is under one of the tabs, posting from my phone so I don't remember exactly.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
In the SALR plug-in for Firefox, if you right-click the page and release the mouse button without selecting any of the mouse-gesture buttons, it then brings up the browser's context menu, where you can copy, save pages/images, etc.

In the Chrome SALR, the context menu never appears when you right-click on forums pages. It is really frustrating not being able to use the context menu without disabling SALR. Is the firefox behavior something you could implement?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zen Punk posted:

In the SALR plug-in for Firefox, if you right-click the page and release the mouse button without selecting any of the mouse-gesture buttons, it then brings up the browser's context menu, where you can copy, save pages/images, etc.

In the Chrome SALR, the context menu never appears when you right-click on forums pages. It is really frustrating not being able to use the context menu without disabling SALR. Is the firefox behavior something you could implement?

That sounds like something wrong with your browser, I can save images and copy/paste through the context menu without issue.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Inspector_71 posted:

That sounds like something wrong with your browser, I can save images and copy/paste through the context menu without issue.

What he's talking about is that you can't bring up the context menu if you enable mouse gestures.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zen Punk posted:

This is a really really old bug. I did have it working once and then goofed it up and never got it straightened out again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LastInLine posted:

What he's talking about is that you can't bring up the context menu if you enable mouse gestures.

Oh, yes, that makes considerably more sense.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Ferg posted:

This is a really really old bug. I did have it working once and then goofed it up and never got it straightened out again.

Should I take that to mean you wouldn't know where to begin fixing it? drat. I'd hoped it would be an easy fix. I myself am sadly programming deficient. Ce la vie.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't know what's going on but SALR just started making GBS threads the bed. quick reply doesn't open properly (shows itself at the bottom of the screen with no style, just a text box and some buttons)

Any idea what would cause this?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Are you on the beta or dev channels of Chrome?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

flatluigi posted:

Are you on the beta or dev channels of Chrome?
Works in the current beta channel.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I don't know what's going on but SALR just started making GBS threads the bed. quick reply doesn't open properly (shows itself at the bottom of the screen with no style, just a text box and some buttons)

Yeah this has also happened to me. Just upgraded Chrome to 24.0.1297.0 dev-m

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Is there any way to have the drop-down menu open links in the same tab, rather than creating brand new ones?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah, this is happening to me in 24.0.1312.5 beta-m and dev-m. It also seems to effect Fancy SA. A quick fix seems to be disabling and re-enabling SALR or Fancy SA (either will do it), which'll fix everything until you load a new page.

The problem doesn't seem to be present on Canary, so I guess it's just a regression in the new beta and dev builds. :/

The Kins fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 9, 2012

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yeah, it's completely broken on 24.0.1312.5 beta so I had to disable it.

Edit: In reference to the discussion a bit ago how you can't have quick controls and a right-click menu, would it be possible for there to be the option of adding the quick control options to the right-click menu itself? I really like the controls but just adding Up a level and Next page to the right-click menu would make me turn off quick controls altogether.

E2: vvv THANK YOU!

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 9, 2012

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Anal Tributary mentioned a fix when I asked him about it: Disabling Adblock Plus (or whitelisting http://forums.somethingawful.com... or using normal Adblock instead...) seems to work.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 9, 2012

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I don't believe this has always been a problem for me, but recently I've been noticing that when people put pictures into their posts, I don't see them. I do see them, however, once someone quotes their post (in the quote box itself). Any ideas?

Thank you! :)

Edit: Nevermind, it was adblock. Guess I'll have to tweak that a bit. Thanks!

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Are there graphics changes going on? The blue mod star is no longer a star.

And the yellow post-it for stickies is now grey:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Stellar Curiosity posted:

Yeah, but it's the forums, not SALR.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Yeah, I noticed that shortly after I made my post (as I was slow screen capping + cropping). So nevermind my post. Heh.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
The quote and report buttons are also different, I guess? And for some reason quotes of my posts aren't highlighted anymore. I don't know if that is because I just upgraded to Windows 8, SALR screwed up, or the forums are changing something.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Stellar Curiosity posted:

I'm famous!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So, anything noticably broken with the new forums design?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a way to make font size bigger, on the control panel threads are just a tad too small for me.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

flatluigi posted:

The quick controls have the bottom square set off and to the right of the next page arrow.

The user post coloring seems to also color the new buttons under the user avatar and the Profile, Message, Post History, Rap Sheet buttons.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

flatluigi posted:

Custom thread highlighting colors seem abnormally dark. Even set to #FFFFFF the color is a hell of a lot darker than an unseen thread:

Top three threads are fully-seen set to #FFFFFF, forums change thread is unseen posts set to #EBEEFF, bottom two are threads I haven't entered.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Next page and Previous page are broken in the quick controls. Only Up works.

E: Page navigator in the corner is gone.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 1, 2013

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

"Open Updated Threads" in the Bookmarks list doesn't do anything.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Whooaaa just noticed the forums changes tonight (haven't been logging on much). Report any bugs here: https://github.com/scottferg/salr-chrome/issues

On the surface everything is looking good, but there will probably be a feature here or there that bugs out.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I reported my two bugs.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Quote collapsing still works and looks drat fine on the new round-cornered quotes.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Ferg, can you add an option to un-2013 the forums via SALR?

The new 2013 format of the forums is painful.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Steakandchips posted:

Ferg, can you not do this.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Steakandchips posted:

Ferg, can you do this, but replace it with the original stylesheet.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Reported a bug relating to the mark-as-unread threadlisting button.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Steakandchips posted:

No

Aatrek posted:

Reported a bug relating to the mark-as-unread threadlisting button.

LastInLine posted:

I reported my two bugs.

Thankya gents. I noticed keyboard shortcuts no longer work as well. Hacking away right now.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
The bugs I've noticed have already been mentioned. Thanks for starting to work on this so quickly :)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Steakandchips posted:

There's JS things you can get to do the same thing.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just pushed a v1.5.0 update that fixes the quick nav and the "open updated threads" button.

I'm not entirely sure about this bug Aatrek: https://github.com/scottferg/salr-chrome/issues/44

As far as I can tell, it works for me though it seems kind of clunky and just removes the buttons but the color remains. Maybe I'm getting the use case wrong? I've hit the X on both threads that have unread posts as well as threads that don't have unread posts, both from the User CP and the thread list.

I had to do a lot of under the hood poo poo to get this up since I haven't done an update in forever and Chrome has been deprecating a lot of APIs. There's only two casualties right now: the Fancy SA detector (which I assume is way broken now) and the Imgur uploader in the Quick Reply. I'll get both re-added soon, just trying to figure out these new security policies and why things are breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

Ferg posted:

Just pushed a v1.5.0 update that fixes the quick nav and the "open updated threads" button.

I'm trying to install 1.5.0 and it's telling me that the manifest is invalid. Running 23.0.1271.97 m.

• Locked thread