Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's not a bad album at all, but it really isn't going to get as much play from me as WTT did. I will say it is worth it for R Kelly singing "The whole world is a couch, bitch I'm Rick James tonight. I don't give a gently caress."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic funhaver
Jun 8, 2011

by Debbie Metallica
Its a good record but it raises a lot of interesting questions. Where are the production credits?

We were led to believe Q-Tip, Yasiin Bey, Mannie Fresh, etc were involved in this album but it doesn't show.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Why is this not on Itunes yet? I see it's on Amazon but not on Itunes.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
FYI, it's on Spotify.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Boosh! posted:

FYI, it's on Spotify.

Been there since last week for some reason.

Is there a way to still get the Power remix from Kanye's website somehow or anywhere to get it legitimately for free like before?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

OptimusMatrix posted:

Why is this not on Itunes yet? I see it's on Amazon but not on Itunes.

he's still working on it. Cruel Summer.1 in a bit

edit: it's out and "remastered"

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Boosh! posted:

FYI, it's on Spotify.

I can only find a censored version of this on Spotify.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Here is a link to the explicit version on Spotify.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
To be honest I was really lukewarm on WTT when it first hit. Obviously it grew on me and I think CS is going to be the same.

I'm trying to listen to this in full now, but I like it so far. It doesn't have anything like Blastoff which took me a year to appreciate. And it doesn't have anything as lame as Made in America.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
White dress (prod. Rza) gets bnm http://m.pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/14442-white-dress/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mexcillent posted:

To be honest I was really lukewarm on WTT when it first hit. Obviously it grew on me and I think CS is going to be the same.

I liked WTT from first listen, and was hoping CS would grow on me but it hasn't. It is front-loaded with the good tracks that had already been out for weeks and months before the album dropped. Second half is mediocre and forgettable.

Also wtf is up with Kanye sampling himself from another track ON THE SAME album on The Morning... that really bothers me. Lazy poo poo imho.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Also wtf is up with Kanye sampling himself from another track ON THE SAME album on The Morning... that really bothers me. Lazy poo poo imho.

its a biggie thing. i dunno, i liked the sample. check out white dress tho, its the best thing he's done since mbdtf

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah I like White Dress. Kanye with RZA production is always a treat.

And I do enjoy pretty much the entire first half of CS a lot, it was just a big disappointment after all the delays.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Yeah I like White Dress. Kanye with RZA production is always a treat.

And I do enjoy pretty much the entire first half of CS a lot, it was just a big disappointment after all the delays.

you know there's another disk right? cruel winter is dropping next quarter

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

atrus50 posted:

you know there's another disk right? cruel winter is dropping next quarter

You know it'll be delayed until right before spring.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I'm actually warming up to Cruel Summer after not being majorly impressed by the first couple of listens. There's still a bunch of dross on there, but there's enough good stuff to keep it on my phone for an occasional listen.

Highlights for me are New God Flow, Mercy and Don't Like, but the earlier half of the album is mostly pretty good.

I don't mind The One, but I can't listen to it without thinking of Fake Ghostface Killah's review of Made In America:

quote:

First of all son....Lionel Richie called from 1986 n said he wants his song back yo. Word. Sade jus holla'd on twitter to say this poo poo is soft as gently caress namsayin. I think Elton John wants to conceive babies to this joint b. Drake said he gon soak in his lotion pool to this poo poo rite here for like a week son. I think Wiz Khagina is scissorin wit Amber Rose to this poo poo rite now as we speak yo. I heard this poo poo gon be used for the next Gwyneth Paltrow movie too. I dont kno how the same nigga that did Who Gon Stop Me had anything to do wit this poo poo but apparently he did nahmean. This poo poo sounds like two ni**as hang glidin over the ocean together at sunset holdin hands son. I think this is bout to be on Yung Berg's yoga playlist. I cant gently caress wit this poo poo at all b. This poo poo is like audio lesbian comin out my speakers son.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Just postin in to say I love the "White Dress" tape. Some of the lines kanye spits in the second half are just so slick.... :byodood:

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

thathonkey posted:

I liked WTT from first listen, and was hoping CS would grow on me but it hasn't. It is front-loaded with the good tracks that had already been out for weeks and months before the album dropped. Second half is mediocre and forgettable.

i kinda like creeper sorry

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Mexcillent posted:

i kinda like creeper sorry

"kinda like" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, especially to combat criticisms of "mediocre"

King of Spit
May 18, 2006
I like Cruel Summer a lot. There are some tracks I don't care for like Bliss and Higher, but the rest is good to great. Like it a lot more than WTT.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I feel like "Higher" is kind of an underrated track from this album. I could listen to the beat for hours, it's pretty hypnotic to me.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Bliss has that awesome 80's synth thing, I really like it :shobon:

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

Mister Snips posted:

Bliss has that awesome 80's synth thing, I really like it :shobon:

Me too. The eagle scream gets me every time

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W03hhdL55_A

Kanye addresses some issues at a Atlantic City show.

Operas, fashion, Grammys, all the dumbest poo poo in the world (Press, Media) nah mean?

temple fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 31, 2012

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Just god Good Music / Cruel Summer.

My god. I don't like rap music - I like Kanye West's music.

Those first 4 tracks are just amazing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
What happened to the notion of there being a "Cruel Winter" release?

Iroohik
Jul 25, 2007
As seen on nothing at all!

thathonkey posted:

The Singing Chav posted:

You know it'll be delayed until right before spring.

Yep. Dunno if there's been news, but it's not like a delay was unexpected.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

thathonkey posted:

still happening according to a few producers.

Plus C.S. didn't come out till the very end of Summer so...

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Zomby and Burial have been roped in for the 6th solo. Ye working with more british producers for this one. The list of rumored collaborators (ie, there are pictures of them tweeting about sending kanye work or there are pictures of them on instagram in a studio) is as follows:

Burial
Zomby
Justice
Diplo
A$AP Rocky
Jay Electronica
Swedish House Mafia
Detail
James Blake
Fat Joe
S1
Skrillex
Mannie Fresh
Theophilus London
Florence Welch
2 Chainz
Future
Ellie Goulding
Jadakiss
No I.D.
Hit-Boy
KeY Wane
System of a Down
Frank Ocean
Tyler, The Creator
TNGHT, and generally more Hudmo
RZA

edit forgot azelia banks

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 1, 2013

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

atrus50 posted:

Zomby and Burial have been roped in for the 6th solo. Ye working with more british producers for this one. The list of rumored collaborators (ie, there are pictures of them tweeting about sending kanye work or there are pictures of them on instagram in a studio) is as follows:

Burial
Zomby
Justice
Diplo
A$AP Rocky
Jay Electronica
Swedish House Mafia
Detail
James Blake
Fat Joe
S1
Skrillex
Mannie Fresh
Theophilus London
Florence Welch
2 Chainz
Future
Ellie Goulding
Jadakiss
No I.D.
Hit-Boy
KeY Wane
System of a Down
Frank Ocean
Tyler, The Creator
TNGHT, and generally more Hudmo
RZA
holy loving poo poo

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Hahahah holy poo poo that is a hell of a list. How the hell did he get Burial? As in, "no one knew who he was, at all for 3 years, 3 years ago" Burial.

Hopefully Kanye will put Burial + Skrillex in a room together as that would be the best, strangest thing ever done.

So yeah, Kanye's gonna be a father. This will be interesting!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i just want kanye beats under autotuned james blake, it'll be the new album's lost in the world

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Lmao don't get yr hopes up kanye also flew soulja boy and madlib to hawaii for mbdtf and nothing came of that (this is when it was still good rear end job)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Has any vague release date been tossed around for Kanye's next solo effort?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Has any vague release date been tossed around for Kanye's next solo effort?

Nope, and especially not now with the baby.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Kanye's website just updated, looks like we're finally clearing the orbit of the stillbirth of an album that was Cruel Summer

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Interesting photo floating around

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kanye West, Big Sean & Skrillex :psyboom:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Only 7 (6?) songs? :(

Edit: Someone took a heavily cropped photo of their computer screen......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Bass Bottles posted:

Only 7 (6?) songs? :(

Edit: Someone took a heavily cropped photo of their computer screen......

That's how Itunes displays albums. You scroll sideways to see more songs.

The dude who posted this also said it's going to be a double album.

• Locked thread