Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
Page-starting spreadsheet link from the new Television Champion! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhZIXpc5ryLodE5JM1FmZmhQQzlVVnBaQWdXVnZLbFE

All right, enough waiting for improvement; put Peavy back in LR and Zimmermann in his rotation spot.

Against RHP, move Tejada to SS, put Zimmerman at 3B, and bench Ramirez. Should've gone with my gut and had Alexei :fuckoff: all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Platoon the Younts at SS

Just to be clear, Yount has been platooned with Sewell the entire time right?

CraigK posted:

Let's go a different route.

Taking Offers on the ninth pick, forty-first pick, and Dick Allen. Make it good, people.

What do you want for the 9th pick, assuming this discussion starts with my pick?

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 1, 2013

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Platoon the Younts at SS

He has.

Sewell has a BABiP of .198. That's most of the problem. The other problem is you expecting a SS to have more than a .315-.320 OBP in a league where walks are scarce resources (in that regard, I think this year is a bit more generous with the walks than last season, just because of the change in who's in the league, but it's still miserable).

My biggest complaint with the Banks-for-Sewell swap is that the 25 or so home runs that Banks gave from the SS spot were much more valuable than the extra 20 or so points in OBP that Sewell was likely to get you. But, yeah, if you stick with Sewell, he should get better.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Platoon the Younts at SS

What do you want for the 9th pick, assuming this discussion starts with my pick?

Just offer me something, I'm not picky. I need help everywhere, but mainly defensively everywhere and offensively at one of third base or second base.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So ManifunkDestiny has to be skipped by now, right?

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.
I'd have to trade up for that.

Grich back to 2B, Rickey to LF, Baines/Evans in RF.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

mks5000 posted:

So ManifunkDestiny has to be skipped by now, right?

Yeah, and, by the power invested in me by me, I hereby decree that he takes 27 Lefty Grove.

Viscount Slim, make another pick.

Smasher League Week 9 Injury Report

Lombard St. Gumshoes
Andy Pettitte, Eddie Murray (SP, 1B) (The Case of the Bourbon Street Bandit) - 14 days

New Orleans Mashers
Dean Chance (SP) (Well, if Chance was had his career ruined by the night life in Anaheim, what chance did he have in New Orleans) - 27 days

Ryleh Cultists
CthulhuDream's faith in the Super-League (This latest batch of results) - Forever

Seattle Suicide
Jamie Walker (RP) (Evenflow) - 91 days

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
/\Er, well, for next week, then.

An embarrassment of Rickeys. Mine also needs to go back to LF, and I'll try my own platoon in right, Giles/Lemon. Don't want old man Brain to collapse too soon. Let me also give Red Ruffing a whirl in the #5 spot, Peavy goes down.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
Possibly a dumb question, but, as I understand it, Martín Dihigo was able to play a number of positions as well as pitching. To what extent would that be reflected if drafted?

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

The win streak is clearly due to the massive amount of jet lag caused from flying to Saturn. Or because the Whalers and Mashers are somehow worse than us. Anyway let's screw up the team chemistry rearrange the lineup a bit for our new shortstop. Also have Manush go to RF for the week and let Cravath DH until he's no longer tired.

Lineup

1.) SS: Ramirez
2.) LF: Goslin
3.) RF: Manush
4.) 1B: Ruth
5.) 3B: Rosen
6.) DH: Cravath
7.) CF: Doby
8.) C: Ferrell
9.) 2B: Fox

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Dealing with tiredness concerns:

1. At catcher, let Elston Howard catch a few games until Hartnett is fit again.
2. Cycle Jackie Jensen: let him spell Mantle for a game or two and then Maris.
3. Before Mo Vaughn dies of exhaustion, give him two days off. Nick Etten can cover.
4. Give Teddy Ballgame a day off. Let Charlie Keller do his worst.

When Ford and Saberhagen are fit again, the pitching staff should look like:

SP1: Ford
SP2: Halladay
SP3: Clemens
SP4: Saberhagen
SP5: Wakefield

LR: Sutcliffe
MR: Gordon
MR: Lowe
SU: Henry
SU: Stottlemeyer
CL: Nenn

Robert Deadford fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 1, 2013

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Viscount Slim posted:

Possibly a dumb question, but, as I understand it, Martín Dihigo was able to play a number of positions as well as pitching. To what extent would that be reflected if drafted?

If you're asking if he could play shortstop, then, yeah, he probably could.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
The Burma Imperialists Select The poo poo Out Of

Martín Dihigo.

Of an uncertain vintage.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Viscount Slim posted:

The Burma Imperialists Select The poo poo Out Of

Martín Dihigo.

Of an uncertain vintage.

Are you going to use him primarily as a position player or as a pitcher?

Also, Craigory Kenneth, you're on the clock.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

My biggest complaint with the Banks-for-Sewell swap is that the 25 or so home runs that Banks gave from the SS spot were much more valuable than the extra 20 or so points in OBP that Sewell was likely to get you. But, yeah, if you stick with Sewell, he should get better.
:dukedog:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

CraigK posted:

Let's go a different route.

Taking Offers on the ninth pick, forty-first pick, and Dick Allen. Make it good, people.

Come on, I need things. I'm looking to take '10 Lajoie with my pick, offer me something better than that. Also have stuff like Dick Allen, Cliff Lee, and Jim Fregosi to throw in.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

This story has been edited to protect the public from teams and owners that have been deemed detrimental to the public health.

REDACTED DEFEAT ORANGES 11-1

REDACTED- In an unfortunate turn of events, the REDACTED REDACTED defeated the Florida Oranges today by a commanding margin, scoring eleven runs and the Oranges struggled to amass a grand total of two hits.

The owner of the Oranges, oldskool, who has had to deal with an increasingly stagnant roster that he seem incapable of rousing to action, save for last season's Gauntlet run, was at a loss following the defeat, "Why does everyone hate me? I mean, I am the greatest owner in the world! I am the CM Punk of owners! And John Cena! At the same time! I am CM Cena! John CMa...no, wait...wait...CNa Punk. Yes, that one. I am CNa Punk, drat it, and I demand some respect! I have been in this league for a very long time, and it's unfair that my team keeps sucking like this. I have Barry Bonds and Albert Pujols! I should already have clinched this division, in week 9! And yet, I'm getting beaten by the REDACTED REDACTED? How the gently caress does that work? How the hell did my hitters forget how to hit against REDACTED REDACTED and especially against REDACTED REDACTED? I mean, have you seen REDACTED REDACTED pitch? He's loving terrible! He might be the worst closer in the American League! And he retires six guys in a row? You are killing CNa Punk!"

Barry Bonds, due to a minor injury, was a late scratch, but watched the game, and commented to the press, "The REDACTED REDACTED really showed up today, and showed us a thing or two about baseball. And you know, I would just like to remind everyone that will be drafting in the next dispersal draft, when I will almost certainly be available, that the blame for the failure of the Oranges should definitely not fall on me, and that I would be a great fit for your team. I only say this is the off-chance...or off-near-certainty, that the Oranges somehow don't make it to next season."

As for the REDACTED REDACTED, their owner REDACTEDREDACTED had a lit to say, noting that, "REDACTED REDACTED to REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED with REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED and that I REDACTED. It is no surprise that REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED. Really, REDACTED REDACTED? Don't you think that REDACTED REDACTED? I do. I certainly do, and I know you all will come to REDACTED REDACTED soon enough. I have spoken."

Box Score

Don May posted:

WEB 2.0 BLOGGERS BLOG POST PAST PESSIMISTS 7-4

Albany- Pessimism is usually the right way to go, as the world is a terrible place that does terrible things. Unfortunately, that hasn't done much good for the Pessimists.

With a 4-3 and two outs and no men on, Robb Nen only needed to get one more out to give the Pessimists a hard-fought win. But there was a problem, with the powerful lefty Eddie Mathews at the plate. Nen's first pitch was too wide. Nen's second pitch was nowhere near wide enough, as Mathews sent the ball 400 feet into the right field stands for the tying run. As is tradition in the Pessimists' stadium, the fans "celebrated" by taking out their rally nooses, a sign of the deep, deep depression that grips everything connected with the Pessimists' franchise.

Things got worse in the top of the tenth inning as the Bloggers managed to score a go-ahead run on a McCutchen double, and then two more on a Puckett double, giving them a 7-4 lead. This was not surprising, as it seemed the Pessimists had just given up by this point, with owner BearDrivingTruck sending out Mike "The Human White Flag" Krukow in the tenth. That he blew the game was a surprise to no one, least of all the Pessimists' faithful, who by and large left the stadium immediately after hearing that Krukow had entered the game. Having given up the lead, the Pessimists then worked efficiently to end the game as quickly as possible, managing to end the bottom of the tenth in only seven pitches, with Ryan Braun hitting into a double play to erase a Terry single that had briefly inspired thoughts of a Pessimists' comeback.

BearDrivingTruck, never the most sanguine of men, was even more down that usual after the game, "Nothing we do ever works. We just suck. We're the worst. We should have just quit after the Expansion Cup and saved everyone the trouble. I mean, no one even likes me or my team. I wish we could just disappear so that no one would have to deal with us anymore, but I guess I can't even do that right. Man, this sucks. I'm so sorry that I ever even built this team in the first place." BearDrivingTruck started to get tears in his eyes, "It's just so hard! I wish that we could just do something right, but Jason Kendall just keeps making my team suck so bad, and I have no one to replace him with! But I guess that's just another thing I screwed up."

As for the winners, Mornacale seemed happy...probably, "Good. Good. Herman to 6 vs. RHP? No! Insanity! Herman to 7 vs. RHP! Yes, that is the answer! Freehan? Freehan! Freehan to Lolich...and Hendrix? Yes! Yes! Is truth! Is truth! Puckett and Puckett, what is Puckett? Puckett to LF? Puckett to CF vs. LHP? No! Is lie! McCutchen CF vs. LHP! Yes. Gehrig? Sore Gehrig? What is sore Gehrig? Cash vs. LHP for week? Two LHP next week? Enough rest? Is half-truth! Consider more! Yount. Is disappointing. Draft? Best SS is Yount! Is cruel joke! Joss? Far gone. No good answers. Trade for Mashers pick? Consider more! Speaking done!"

Box Score

Hardcore Hell

: I feel like I've lost the ability to write anything.
: I'm pretty sure most people are just here for the spreadsheets anyway, and as long as that script keeps working, we're golden.
: Did you see the Cultists' record for next week? That's not going to last either! And speaking of dead ends, the Bangers have the Hardcore Title and are defending it against the Portland Bulldogs.
: The two owners in this series combined to win the first five Super-League Championships.
: And the Bangers will win the first game.
: Ryan is looking a lot better for the Bangers this season, and that has to make Marauder feel confident.

: Bulldogs even it up.
: The Bulldogs are a patchwork team. They don't really have it in them to dominate much of anyone, but they, for the most part, have made it work. Well, maybe not work, but at least they didn't get relegated last season!

: And the Bangers will retain as they simply overpower TKBomber's venerable Pete Alexander.
: Alexander's guile gets him by a lot of teams, but the Bangers are not a team that you can bluff your way past. Honestly, the Bulldogs are lucky to have picked up one game in this series.

: And, once again, please rise for the playing of the anthem of the Burma Imperialists
: Isn't the Imperial March what they play for the visiting team's entrances in basketball?
: Now they do. The Bulls used to use "On the Run" by Pink Floyd...and, not coincidentally, that's when they were winning titles.
: Wasn't that because of Jordan, not the music?
: Was it? Think about this, you're going into the enemy building, which motivates you more, the theme of Darth Vader, who generally was the baddest dude in the entire Empire, or Pink Floyd, which is great for contemplation, but not so much for kicking rear end.
: So, wait, according to that metric, what would the ideal music for the visiting team be to neutralize them?
: "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo. But, alas, the Imperial March has invigorated the Imperialists already, and Sutton will get them a win in the first game.
: Shame about Bagwell going below the Mendoza line.

: Joss cruises, the Bangers even it up, and we'll go to a decisive Game 3, with the Imperialists trying to become triple champions for the second time.
: And the loss in the first game means that the Bangers had no chance of recapturing the European and U.S. Titles.

: And the Imperialists will rough up Ryan, and take home the Hardcore title for the second time.
: Weird season for the Imperialists, they're doing horribly in the standings, but they've already won plenty of hardware these season.

: And that will do it! The Imperialists are triple champions again, and that means that next week's series against the Dickshots will be a Tetra-Title Challenge! All four titles on the line! The Intercontinental! The European! The U.S.! And the Hardcore! If either team sweeps the other, they will become the first quadruple-champion in league history! You won't want to miss it!

Team Statistics

Analysis

Please, don't let the draft end without you doing something about your catcher situation.

Analysis

#@$%#$^T@#$%@!#%#$Y^@#$^%@#%!@#$^#$^$

Analysis

Do you have the balls to become a quadruple champion? Well, do you?

Analysis

The Tornados are picking up steam! Also, Banks has an OPS over 1.100. Why are you trading him?

Analysis

Not great, but definitely good enough.

Analysis

Your teams always underperform their Pythagorean record. Why is that?

Analysis

Don't look know, but the Dervishes are just one game back in their division. That's the good news. The bad news is that Perry hasn't taken some permanent damage to his shoulder, so it's probably Rube Marquard time.

Analysis

Justin Morneau is Canada's greatest shame.

Analysis

Are you a bad enough dude to win three titles next week?

Analysis

Ah, inconsistency, thy name is Finger-Bangers.

Analysis

Looks like another crappy expansion...

...wait, your team is actually doing well? Well, how about that. Now start rotating players before any of them break.

Analysis

You need more lumber in your lineup or even that fine rotation won't be able to save you.

Analysis

Rochester is just a dangerous place for players to play. Still, starting out slow is a tradition for the Generics. Like crying in their sleep and Popov vodka.

Analysis

Not the best start, but it should get better.

Analysis

Franco and Hornsby are going to need time off eventually.

Analysis

Holtzman should be your fifth starter, unless you hate winning.

Standings and Leaders

C. gently caress ADRIAN PETERSON - All the votes

Grace was angry, this medic was obviously a fake. Besides, Grace wanted something else now. Waving the medic off, he called McGregor on the phone. "McGregor, you stupid son of a bitch, you think you're going to cheat me? You think you're going to cheat me like this? Someone's gotta die now, and it's all your fault."

McGregor cursed, this was exactly what he hadn't wanted to happen. He was hoping that if he could get a man on the inside, then maybe he could have pulled this off, but it was time to cut his losses, "Listen, Mark, I made a mistake, okay, this was my fault, and I'm sorry, but no one needs to die because of it. It's not the hostages fault-"

"I don't give a poo poo about any of that! I want something else, now! I want you severed hamstring of Adrian Peterson, and I want it now!"

Now McGregor was confused, "The severed hamstring of Adrian Peterson? The football player? I don't know if I can-"

Mark Grace wasn't hearing any more excuses, "Oh, you'll do it, or else, well, you can guess. And let's be loving clear, McGregor, I want the Vikings' Adrian Peterson, not the third-stringer the Bears had for a few years."

Things were now officially out of hand. "Okay, Mark, listen, you win. I've got the documents from the D.A., full immunity. You sign these, you're free to go, we can just put this thing behind us. Please, Mark, it's over, just let it go. I know that Adrian Peterson, who is essentially a monster in human form, hurt us all on Sunday. And you'd like to see him punished. Hell, we all would, but we can't, okay, we just can't. Please, let's just end this."

DECISION TIME

Will Mark Grace...

A. Sign the immunity agreement!

B. Have his lawyer look over it first!

C. gently caress ADRIAN PETERSON!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
:smith:

Lineup for this week:

1. Tim Raines 2B
2. Andre Dawson CF
3. Eddie Murray 1B
4. Billy Williams LF
5. Ron Santo 3B
6. Gary Carter C
7. Dwight Evans RF
8. Ozzie Smith SS
P

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If you're gonna take out my ace for over a year, I want C, Adrian Peterson's hamstring served up on a silver goddamn platter.

If we can push everyone up a slot in the pitching rotation so I can wriggle Reuschel into the fifth spot, that'd be awesome. Put Niekro into LR. Make the lineup as follows:

Mantle
Kaline
Hafey
Goslin
Garciaparra
Santo
Berra
Kent/Cano
Pitching Slot

And I do all my crying well before I drink myself into a stupor for the night, thank you very much.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Mashers-

Pick '10 Lajoie

2B Lajoie
RF Walker
SS A-Rod
3b Williams
DH Alou
C Torre
1B Bagwell
LF Doby
CF Williams

Carlton
Johnson
Felix
Gibson
Lee

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Oh wait I forgot, C.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Two wins over .500! Yayy! Go Elephants!

Lineup for this week:

code:
#1 Brett Butler - CF
#2 Wade Boggs - 3B
#3 Stan Musial - LF
#4 Hank Aaron - 1B
#5 Joe Torre - C
#6 Al Kaline - RF
#7 Davey Lopes - 2B
#8 Denis Menke - SS
And the rotation should be

#1 Marichal
#2 Sutton
#3 Messersmith
#4 Bunning
#5 Blyleven

with the injured Jenkins moved to the DL. Move Al Downing to LR.

e: voting C

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 2, 2013

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
oh, and C

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Cutting Adrian Peterson's hamstring seems a bit extreme.

B Get your lawyer to look at things first.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

C

vs. Righties no DH
3B McGraw
LF Steve
CF Speaker
RF Snider
SS Banks
C Campanella
1B Kelley
2B Stephenson

vs. Lefties no DH
RF Steve
2B Robinson
1B Hodges
SS Banks
C Campanella
LF Kelley
CF Speaker
3B Cronin

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

What the gently caress is with Mogul's stamina system? I sit Frank Thomas for a week and he's already back to tired?

As for the Rhodes injury, send him to the DL and call up Roberto Hernandez as his replacement.

Re-shuffling the vs RHP lineup to manage player rest for this 6 week death march without an off day:
2B Frisch
CF Speaker
SS Cronin
RF Oliva
C Torre/Martinez
1B Youkilis
LF Raines
3B Rose
P Pitcher

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

All-Star Ballot

The winning side of this best-of-seven All-Star series will have their league's DH rule use in all games in the Super-League VIII finals. You'll vote for the starting position players, the managers you select will choose the pitchers and substitutes.

Dynamo League

Catcher
[ ] Ernie Lombardi (POR) (.254/.299/.378, 6 HR, 3.4 WAR)
[ ] Roy Campanella (CAN) (.241/.315/.474, 10 HR, 2.4 WAR)
[ ] Johnny Bench (DUB) (.269/.319/.358, 3 HR, 3.2 WAR)
[ ] Carlton Fisk (WEB) (.292/.340/.472, 9 HR, 2.6 WAR)
[ ] Yogi Berra (CUN) (.286/.347/.455, 6 HR, 2.4 WAR)

First Baseman
[ ] Lou Gehrig (WEB) (.218/.325/.407, 7 HR, 5.8 WAR)
[ ] Miguel Cabrera (CUN) (.322/.350/.515, 9 HR, 5.7 WAR)
[ ] George Brett (COB) (.287/.348/.455, 8 HR, 4.1 WAR)
[ ] Mark McGwire (CLU) (.251/.337/.430, 8 HR, 4.4 WAR)
[ ] Todd Helton (ONE) (.276/.342/.437, 7 HR, 5.0 WAR)

Second Baseman
[ ] Joe Morgan (DUB) (.282/.360/.445, 7 HR, 8.6 WAR)
[ ] Charlie Gehringer (POR) (.304/.376/.447, 2 HR, 7.9 WAR)
[ ] Robinson Cano (WEB) (.293/.349/.390, 3 HR, 6.4 WAR)
[ ] Nellie Fox (ALB) (.323/.355/.341, 0 HR, 5.7 WAR)
[ ] Nap Lajoie (NYF) (.313/.353/.406, 1 HR, 5.5 WAR)

Third Baseman
[ ] Wade Boggs (SJE) (.356/.419/.490, 4 HR, 5.5 WAR)
[ ] John McGraw (CAN) (.332/.425/.373, 0 HR, 5.1 WAR)
[ ] Scott Rolen (ONE) (.259/.323/.424, 9 HR, 5.5 WAR)
[ ] Jackie Robinson (CAN) (.306/.364/.495, 4 HR, 3.1 WAR)
[ ] Eddie Mathews (BUR) (.238/.357/.364, 4 HR, 3.8 WAR)

Shortstop
[ ] Ernie Banks (CAN) (.320/.384/.720, 11 HR, 3.3 WAR)
[ ] Joe Cronin (ONE) (.316/.376/.464, 6 HR, 6.5 WAR)
[ ] Julio Franco (SJE) (.309/.360/.471, 7 HR, 5.0 WAR)
[ ] Derek Jeter (CUN) (.316/.389/.406, 1 HR, 4.7 WAR)
[ ] Luis Aparicio (ALB) (.294/.335/.341, 0 HR, 4.9 WAR)

Left Fielder
[ ] Ted Williams (COB) (.308/.400/.505, 7 HR, 4.9 WAR)
[ ] GOOOOOOSE Goslin (RCH) (.322/.364/.450, 3 HR, 4.8 WAR)
[ ] Barry Bonds (FLO) (.240/.366/.473, 9 HR, 4.0 WAR)
[ ] Tris Speaker (ROC) (.382/.449/.560, 1 HR, 7.0 WAR)
[ ] Joe Jackson (FLD) (.347/.397/.464, 2 HR, 5.5 WAR)

Center Fielder
[ ] Oscar Charleston (ROC) (.302/.359/.476, 6 HR, 4.8 WAR)
[ ] Jim Edmonds (BUR) (.286/.366/.485, 8 HR, 5.9 WAR)
[ ] Billy Hamilton (CAN) (.340/.398/.448, 2 HR, 5.9 WAR)
[ ] Ty Cobb (ONE) (.294/.341/.453, 4 HR, 4.4 WAR)
[ ] Andrew McCutchen (WEB) (.316/.377/.474, 3 HR, 2.4 WAR)

Right Fielder
[ ] Mel Ott (ALB) (.332/.434/.611, 15 HR, 6.8 WAR)
[ ] Ichiro Suzuki (FLO) (.348/.359/.426, 1 HR, 6.3 WAR)
[ ] Paul Waner (CUN) (.342/.393/.427, 1 HR, 5.8 WAR)
[ ] Stan Musial (DUB) (.306/.358/.502, 8 HR, 5.8 WAR)
[ ] Steve, Prince of Fate (CAN) (.323/.403/.532, 2 HR, 1.7 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[ ] Frank Thomas (ROC) (.251/.338/.528, 13 HR, 4.4 WAR)
[ ] Ted Williams (NYF) (.289/.402/.529, 13 HR, 5.7 WAR)
[ ] Michael Jordan (SJE) (.313/.477/.522, 3 HR, 2.2 WAR)
[ ] Frank Howard (POR) (.265/.313/.474, 11 HR, 4.8 WAR)
[ ] Lance Berkman (BUR) (.281/.351/.526, 9 HR, 4.7 WAR)

Manager
[ ] The Merry Marauder (NYF) (Super-League III Champion, 5x Sic Transit Vir Champion, 3x Dynamo League Champion)
[ ] ToiletofSadness (ROC) (Reigning Dynamo League Champion, 2x Vae Victis Champion)
[ ] TKBomber7285 (POR) (3x Super-League Champion with Skyhawks, outstanding at skirting rules)
[ ] Mornacale (WEB) (Reigning E.C. Champion, Pirates fan)
[ ] IceMole (CLU) (1x Sic Transit Vir Champion, Might actually show up in the thread if nominated)

Smasher League

Catcher
[ ] Gabby Hartnett (NEA) (.267/.333/.366, 0 HR, 4.0 WAR)
[ ] Josh Gibson (LUN) (.304/.352/.526, 10 HR, 2.7 WAR, is Josh Gibson)
[ ] Brian Downing (LOM) (.261/.358/.348, 2 HR, 1.8 WAR, is hero)
[ ] Rick Ferrell (SAT) (.230/.312/.291, 0 HR, 2.6 WAR)
[ ] Smoky Burgess (CLO) (.301/.358/.487, 2 HR, 2.0 WAR)

First Baseman
[ ] Lou Gehrig (FIN) (.342/.432/.556, 8 HR, 5.8 WAR)
[ ] Mo Vaughn (NEA) (.234/.310/.495, 17 HR, 4.9 WAR)
[ ] Prince Fielder (BRN) (.287/.382/.528, 12 HR, 5.6 WAR)
[ ] Albert Pujols (RYL) (.286/.387/.468, 7 HR, 5.4 WAR)
[ ] John Olerud (SLA) (.286/.352/.427, 7 HR, 5.2 WAR)

Second Baseman
[ ] Lou Whitaker (SLA) (.288/.357/.433, 8 HR, 6.1 WAR)
[ ] Joe Morgan (OXB) (.297/.392/.462, 5 HR, 6.0 WAR)
[ ] Red Schoendienst (BRN) (.304/.337/.433, 5 HR, 5.1 WAR)
[ ] Eddie Collins (LUN) (.297/.372/.381, 1 HR, 4.6 WAR)
[ ] Roberto Alomar (CUB) (.272/.321/.411, 3 HR, 6.0 WAR)

Third Baseman
[ ] Paul Molitor (PHF) (.321/.366/.491, 6 HR, 6.6 WAR)
[ ] Al Rosen (SAT) (.300/.370/.400, 4 HR, 4.6 WAR)
[ ] George Brett (SPO) (.303/.347/.443, 5 HR, 4.0 WAR)
[ ] Ron Santo (RYL) (.257/.349/.393, 5 HR, 4.0 WAR)
[ ] Bobby Grich (LOM) (.262/.366/.497, 10 HR, 6.8 WAR, is totally a third base, shut up!)

Shortstop
[ ] Honus Wagner (BRN) (.287/.332/.388, 1 HR, 6.0 WAR)
[ ] Barry Larkin (LOM) (.307/.344/.451, 5 HR, 5.7 WAR)
[ ] Alex Rodriguez (NOM) (.307/.366/.580, 13 HR, 5.3 WAR)
[ ] Arky Vaughan (OXB) (.287/.353/.426, 4 HR, 4.3 WAR)
[ ] Nomaaaaaaah! (LUN) (.300/.336/.455, 7 HR, 5.0 WAR)

Left Fielder
[ ] Rickey Henderson (LOM) (.300/.373/.396, 5 HR, 5.6 WAR)
[ ] Ted Williams (NEA) (.299/.409/.451, 7 HR, 5.4 WAR)
[ ] Zack Wheat (OXB) (.304/.329/.433, 2 HR, 5.2 WAR)
[ ] Rickey Henderson (FIN) (.311/.388/.430, 5 HR, 4.6 WAR)
[ ] Al Simmons (SLA) (.295/.346/.432, 4 HR, 4.3 WAR)

Center Fielder
[ ] Mike Trout (SPO) (.293/.338/.431, 6 HR, 5.8 WAR)
[ ] Mickey Mantle (NEA) (.254/.369/.493, 13 HR, 5.4 WAR)
[ ] Willie Mays (CUB) (.248/.291/.481, 12 HR, 5.1 WAR)
[ ] Joe DiMaggio (LUN) (.272/.314/.414, 6 HR, 4.1 WAR)
[ ] Earl Averill (CLO) (.316/.383/.463, 3 HR, 4.3 WAR)

Right Fielder
[ ] Hank Aaron (LUN) (.291/.364/.491, 9 HR, 6.0 WAR)
[ ] Babe Ruth (SLA) (.307/.417/.609, 14 HR, 6.5 WAR)
[ ] Roberto Clemente (CLO) (.312/.331/.476, 6 HR, 4.3 WAR)
[ ] Brian Giles (FIN) (.290/.379/.484, 6 HR, 4.1 WAR)
[ ] Gavvy Cravath (SAT) (.263/.348/.371, 4 HR, 3.5 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[ ] Sadaharu Oh (LOM) (.274/.341/.452, 11 HR, 5.6 WAR)
[ ] Manny Ramirez (LUN) (.307/.400/.493, 7 HR, 3.8 WAR)
[ ] Magglio Ordonez (SSS) (.350/.402/.613, 10 HR, 4.4 WAR)
[ ] Rogers Hornsby (RYL) (.307/.352/.433, 6 HR, 5.2 WAR)
[ ] Wade Boggs (HAR) (.331/.375/.398, 0 HR, 5.1 WAR)

Manager
[ ] ForeverBWFC (4x Division Champions)
[ ] mrnoun (1x Division Champion, The Proggest dude around!)
[ ] CthulhuDreams (1x Division Champion, won 100 games in first season)
[ ] gardenald (EC runner-up, 3rd most successful team owner based in Rhode Island!)
[ ] The Merry Marauder (1x Division Champion, Villainy knows no bounds!)

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
oh no Jamie Walker is hurt what will I do without him :geno:

Seattle Suicides

Well, I guess it's time to re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

New batting order:

1. Cal Ripken Jr., SS
2. Ted Williams, LF
3. Magglio Ordonez, DH
4. Babe Ruth, RF - I know I can't lose faith in you, but it feels like using you as a pitcher would be a better idea right now
5. Bill Dickey, C
6. Mike Sweeney, 1B - unless someone else on my team can play 1B, I'll have to keep him in for another week or so.
7. Curtis Granderson, CF - Giving Beltran a week off
8. Joe Randa, 3B - Yost is tired and hasn't been too good
9. Carlos Guillen, 2B - He used to be able to play 2B back on the Mariners! Also Palanco is in pain

Please stop drafting pitchers you dicks! Some of us actually need them.

C.

e: The only person I want to be an All Star is Designated Hitter Magglio Ordonez.

Pungry fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 2, 2013

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Not sure if I'm supposed to use this format or something else but here's mine!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All-Star Ballot

The winning side of this best-of-seven All-Star series will have their league's DH rule use in all games in the Super-League VIII finals. You'll vote for the starting position players, the managers you select will choose the pitchers and substitutes.

Dynamo League

Catcher

First Baseman

Second Baseman

Third Baseman

Shortstop

Left Fielder
[ ] Joe Jackson (FLD) (.347/.397/.464, 2 HR, 5.5 WAR) <--- Shamelesss homer vote

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager

Smasher League

Catcher
[ ] Brian Downing (LOM) (.261/.358/.348, 2 HR, 1.8 WAR, is hero)

First Baseman

Second Baseman

Third Baseman
[ ] George Brett (SPO) (.303/.347/.443, 5 HR, 4.0 WAR)

Shortstop

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Is voting restricted to only current team owners?

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Voting for both Woodchuck Slayers, and a Marauder-Marauder managerial matchup:

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All-Star Ballot

Dynamo League

Catcher

First Baseman

Second Baseman

Third Baseman
[ ] Scott Rolen (ONE) (.259/.323/.424, 9 HR, 5.5 WAR)

Shortstop
[ ] Derek Jeter (CUN) (.316/.389/.406, 1 HR, 4.7 WAR)

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager
[ ] The Merry Marauder (NYF) (Super-League III Champion, 5x Sic Transit Vir Champion, 3x Dynamo League Champion)

Smasher League

Catcher
[ ] Brian Downing (LOM) (.261/.358/.348, 2 HR, 1.8 WAR, is hero) <--thanks, Brad Lidge!

First Baseman

Second Baseman
[ ] Eddie Collins (LUN) (.297/.372/.381, 1 HR, 4.6 WAR) <--homer vote

Third Baseman
[ ] Bobby Grich (LOM) (.262/.366/.497, 10 HR, 6.8 WAR, is totally a third base, shut up!)

Shortstop
[ ] Barry Larkin (LOM) (.307/.344/.451, 5 HR, 5.7 WAR) <--the other hero

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager
[ ] The Merry Marauder (1x Division Champion, Villainy knows no bounds!)

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All-Star Ballot

Dynamo League

Catcher
[ x ] Carlton Fisk (WEB) (.292/.340/.472, 9 HR, 2.6 WAR)

First Baseman
[ x ] Miguel Cabrera (CUN) (.322/.350/.515, 9 HR, 5.7 WAR)

Second Baseman
[ x ] Joe Morgan (DUB) (.282/.360/.445, 7 HR, 8.6 WAR)

Third Baseman
[ x ] Wade Boggs (SJE) (.356/.419/.490, 4 HR, 5.5 WAR)

Shortstop
[ x ] Julio Franco (SJE) (.309/.360/.471, 7 HR, 5.0 WAR)

Left Fielder
[ x ] Tris Speaker (ROC) (.382/.449/.560, 1 HR, 7.0 WAR)

Center Fielder
[ x ] Oscar Charleston (ROC) (.302/.359/.476, 6 HR, 4.8 WAR)

Right Fielder
[ x ] Mel Ott (ALB) (.332/.434/.611, 15 HR, 6.8 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[ x ] Michael Jordan (SJE) (.313/.477/.522, 3 HR, 2.2 WAR)

Manager
[ x ] The Merry Marauder (NYF) (Super-League III Champion, 5x Sic Transit Vir Champion, 3x Dynamo League Champion)

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
C, gently caress ADRIAN PETERSON.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All-Star Ballot

Dynamo League

Catcher

First Baseman

Second Baseman
[ ] Nellie Fox (ALB) (.323/.355/.341, 0 HR, 5.7 WAR)

Third Baseman
[ ] Eddie Mathews (BUR) (.238/.357/.364, 4 HR, 3.8 WAR)

Shortstop
[ ] Luis Aparicio (ALB) (.294/.335/.341, 0 HR, 4.9 WAR)

Left Fielder
[ ] GOOOOOOSE Goslin (RCH) (.322/.364/.450, 3 HR, 4.8 WAR)

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager

Smasher League

Catcher

First Baseman
[ ] Prince Fielder (BRN) (.287/.382/.528, 12 HR, 5.6 WAR)

Second Baseman

Third Baseman

Shortstop

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter
[ ] Magglio Ordonez (SSS) (.350/.402/.613, 10 HR, 4.4 WAR)

Manager

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All-Star Ballot
Dynamo League

Catcher

First Baseman

Second Baseman

Third Baseman

Shortstop

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager

Smasher League

Catcher
[ ] Gabby Hartnett (NEA) (.267/.333/.366, 0 HR, 4.0 WAR)

First Baseman
Second Baseman
[ ] Lou Whitaker (SLA) (.288/.357/.433, 8 HR, 6.1 WAR)

Third Baseman

Shortstop

Left Fielder
Center Fielder
[ ] Willie Mays (CUB) (.248/.291/.481, 12 HR, 5.1 WAR)

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Voting B for the obit.

Also All-Star balloting:

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Dynamo League

Catcher

First Baseman

Second Baseman

Third Baseman

Shortstop

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter
[ ] Lance Berkman (BUR) (.281/.351/.526, 9 HR, 4.7 WAR)

Manager
[ ] TKBomber7285 (POR) (3x Super-League Champion with Skyhawks, outstanding at skirting rules)

Smasher League

Catcher

First Baseman

Second Baseman

Third Baseman

Shortstop

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dynamo League

Catcher
[ ] Carlton Fisk (WEB) (.292/.340/.472, 9 HR, 2.6 WAR)

First Baseman

Second Baseman

Third Baseman

Shortstop

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter

Manager

Smasher League

Catcher

First Baseman

Second Baseman

Third Baseman

Shortstop

Left Fielder

Center Fielder

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter
[ ] Wade Boggs (HAR) (.331/.375/.398, 0 HR, 5.1 WAR)

Manager

Also: Take the deal, Mark. A

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

theacox posted:

Is voting restricted to only current team owners?

Anyone can vote.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Ok, some moves since Damon is not my saviour. Who knew? Beltran takes over at CF. Wade Boggs takes his place at DH vs. righties. Sandoval can just sit on 3B both ways. I can pray there's some pitchers left in three picks time.

Also, I vote B, even though prudency never wins in goon votes.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Dynamo League

Catcher
[X] Carlton Fisk (WEB) (.292/.340/.472, 9 HR, 2.6 WAR)

First Baseman
[X] Miguel Cabrera (CUN) (.322/.350/.515, 9 HR, 5.7 WAR)

Second Baseman
[X] Joe Morgan (DUB) (.282/.360/.445, 7 HR, 8.6 WAR)

Third Baseman
[X] Wade Boggs (SJE) (.356/.419/.490, 4 HR, 5.5 WAR)

Shortstop
[X] Ernie Banks (CAN) (.320/.384/.720, 11 HR, 3.3 WAR)

Left Fielder
[X] Tris Speaker (ROC) (.382/.449/.560, 1 HR, 7.0 WAR)

Center Fielder
[X] Billy Hamilton (CAN) (.340/.398/.448, 2 HR, 5.9 WAR)

Right Fielder
[X] Stan Musial (DUB) (.306/.358/.502, 8 HR, 5.8 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[X] Ted Williams (NYF) (.289/.402/.529, 13 HR, 5.7 WAR)

Manager
[X] The Merry Marauder (NYF) (Super-League III Champion, 5x Sic Transit Vir Champion, 3x Dynamo League Champion)

Smasher League

Catcher
[X] Josh Gibson (LUN) (.304/.352/.526, 10 HR, 2.7 WAR, is Josh Gibson)

First Baseman
[X] Lou Gehrig (FIN) (.342/.432/.556, 8 HR, 5.8 WAR)

Second Baseman
[X] Joe Morgan (OXB) (.297/.392/.462, 5 HR, 6.0 WAR)

Third Baseman
[X] Paul Molitor (PHF) (.321/.366/.491, 6 HR, 6.6 WAR)

Shortstop
[X] Barry Larkin (LOM) (.307/.344/.451, 5 HR, 5.7 WAR)

Left Fielder
[X] Ted Williams (NEA) (.299/.409/.451, 7 HR, 5.4 WAR)

Center Fielder
[X] Mickey Mantle (NEA) (.254/.369/.493, 13 HR, 5.4 WAR)

Right Fielder
[X] Babe Ruth (SLA) (.307/.417/.609, 14 HR, 6.5 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[X] Sadaharu Oh (LOM) (.274/.341/.452, 11 HR, 5.6 WAR)

Manager
[X] CthulhuDreams (1x Division Champion, won 100 games in first season)

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All-Star Ballot

Dynamo League

Catcher

First Baseman

Second Baseman
Guess I'll go with the non-Yank

Third Baseman
Why? gently caress Scott Rolen forever and ever. Amen.

Shortstop
Ernie was a Cubs. gently caress that.

Left Fielder
7 Goddamned WAR!?!

Center Fielder
[ ] Oscar Charleston (ROC) (.302/.359/.476, 6 HR, 4.8 WAR)
[ ] Ty Cobb (ONE) (.294/.341/.453, 4 HR, 4.4 WAR)
I can't bring myself to vote for any of these.

Right Fielder

Designated Hitter
B-52 bombin' yo rear end

Manager
Not enough spreadheets!

Smasher League

Catcher
There is no other answer.

First Baseman
I've had a bit of a Mo boner lately.

Second Baseman
[ ] Roberto Alomar (CUB) (.272/.321/.411, 3 HR, 6.0 WAR)
Spitting in your ump's face.

Third Baseman
I can't not vote for the Ignitor

Shortstop

Left Fielder
Rickey would be incensed if I didn't vote Rickey!

Center Fielder
Intently watching Trout's season :ohdear:

Right Fielder
It's The Babe. You want to wear that crown. We all do.

Designated Hitter

Manager
[ ] gardenald (EC runner-up, 3rd most successful team owner based in Rhode Island!)
I find Rhode Island sad. Prove me wrong gardenald!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Still kinda sore about the bears missing the playoffs this year (northwestern winning their first bowl game since 1949 kinda helped) since the packers couldn't get the job done so still voting C.