Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

This is unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Agreed, no child should be forced to wear that Leeds shirt with the butt flap.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Sunderland's Training Rules from January 1897

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

:cripes:

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

oh my

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Apologies if repost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdeAf2QVQww

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 1, 2013

cmcxon
Feb 12, 2007
Man City thwarting the Stoke long throw in by moving the advertising boards close to the pitch

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

cmcxon posted:

Man City thwarting the Stoke long throw in by moving the advertising boards close to the pitch

Ha, we do this every time Stoke come.

Also, erm, this:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
For a second it looked like Hasselhoff was pantsless as well.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Wonder where that fan is now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctWS52IA_JY

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

brilliant

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

on this forum making good posts about fat frank probably

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

cmcxon posted:

Now that's home advantage. More teams should do this sort of thing. Pretty sure last season some team intentionally let their pitch turn to poo poo so Arsenal can't pass as smoothly.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Now that's home advantage. More teams should do this sort of thing. Pretty sure last season some team intentionally let their pitch turn to poo poo so Arsenal can't pass as smoothly.

Milan and it was hilarious

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vegetable posted:

It was Milan, though the pitch is normally pretty bad anyway.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
I remember Sunderland last season let the grass grow out so the ball wouldn't move as quickly along the ground and Wenger was not very happy.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Rycalawre posted:

I remember Sunderland last season let the grass grow out so the ball wouldn't move as quickly along the ground and Wenger was not very happy.

I remember some meltdowns about some pitch watering.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

When Sigi Schmid was coach of the Galaxy, he would routinely change the size of the pitch to suit the opponent. If a wide playing team came to town, he made it narrow. If a team with a slow back line came, he would make it longer to play more balls over the top. If they were a possession team, he would tell the groundskeepers to let the grass grow. He was and is a wonderful troll.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

When Sigi Schmid was coach of the Galaxy, he would routinely change the size of the pitch to suit the opponent. If a wide playing team came to town, he made it narrow. If a team with a slow back line came, he would make it longer to play more balls over the top. If they were a possession team, he would tell the groundskeepers to let the grass grow. He was and is a wonderful troll.

All of this is why teams play home and away games and you should get as much advantage from being at home as you can imo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

serious gaylord posted:

All of this is why teams play home and away games and you should get as much advantage from being at home as you can imo.

This is why every throw in at Stoke should involve the throw in taker using their towel as slow as possible

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Best of today's guardian photos

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Wenger doesn't like coats

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Wow, what loving scum.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Can't imagine Nike are very happy about Wenger bringing their crappy zips to media attention

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
While its cool to see teams changing their pitch specifically for us its kinda funny to notice that they clearly haven't scouted us recently since we are very rarely using long throws anymore.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

Byolante posted:

While its cool to see teams changing their pitch specifically for us its kinda funny to notice that they clearly haven't scouted us recently since we are very rarely using long throws anymore.

Maybe that's BECAUSE teams are scouting ya

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Fox Sports says these are the best Premier League goals of the 2012 calendar year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxlN2rJIcgw

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Party in the UAE posted:

Maybe that's BECAUSE teams are scouting ya

I am pretty sure its because Geoff Cameron is a much better RB than Shotton and Delap is permacrocked now.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Byolante posted:

It never hurts to be prepared

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Didn't Jon Walters score after a long throw the other day?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The most you can do nowadays is let the grass grow out, the pitch sizes are fixed now at the start of each season.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

The most you can do nowadays is let the grass grow out, the pitch sizes are fixed now at the start of each season.

Is this some sort of innuendo

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA8BorEA1s4

ommikoo
Nov 20, 2009
That's a pretty cool Folk sweater, way to go Daniel/Daniel's PR people.

dox
Mar 4, 2006

sassassin posted:

Didn't Jon Walters score after a long throw the other day?

Yeah, you can see that here but apparently that throw isn't long enough to be considered a part of the Byolante criteria for a Stoke long ball. That would have to be the traditional 60 yard blast to that tall British lad.

On another note, Spurs are in third place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So proud of my boys and BIG CLINT DEMPSEY.

• Locked thread