Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t-nutz
Nov 26, 2008
There are some great deals (better than 2 Steam dailies) using the $5 Editor's Choice coupon (most good until around Jan 5th. The 2 Steam dailies might be price matches):
Max Payne 3 - $10. Make sure to select Steam DRM on the product page. Then if you care about multiplayer, get the DLC pass on Amazon or Steam daily for $7.49 and have the complete edition for $17.49 total. Currently unavailable.
War of the Roses - $10. Again beating the Steam daily, and cheaper than the 4-pack even.
Hotline: Miami - $2.49
Mass Effect 3 - $10 (worth it for the co-op mode alone)
Spec Ops: The Line + Bioshock 1+2 - $5
Dark Souls - $13

Edit: It looks like they snuck a couple new ones in or I missed them:
Spec Ops: The Line - $2.49. This is a steal and also Best. ASIN. Ever.
The Darkness II - $2.49
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle - $10 (Origin code)
Civ 5 GotY, Civ 5 Gods and Kings, Civ IV Complete, Stronghold Collection - $15 (was $10 briefly)

Fake edit: Does anyone know if the co-op mode for Max Payne 3 came out for PC or when it does?
Edit: Co-op is rolled into the Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack which is still unreleased.

t-nutz fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kell_Dragon
Oct 25, 2007
Strange question, is that error from last year still around where I can't remove items from my cart if they are the same price as the coupon? This is how I ended up with 2 copies of Dead Space 2.

boof
Jun 3, 2001
I bought Max Payne 3 but when pasting the key into Steam it reports "Invalid product code, check that you haven't mistyped". Do you usually have to wait a bit for Steam to acknowledge this stuff, or should I be hassling Amazon support?

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot and brought the non-steam version.. off to support I go.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

I was checking the Editor's Choice games last night, and Far Cry 3 was on sale for under $40, but when I went to buy it today, it was back up to $49.99. Was what I saw last night a mistake, or was it only that price for a single night? If it's the latter, is there a chance it'll drop in price again during January?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I'm pretty much done after giving myself a nice backlog to chew through over the next month or so...but I have this $5 credit burning a hole in my pocket. Right now, it's a toss up between Kingdoms of Amalur and Max Payne 3.

To those who bought the former, does KoA activate on Steam, or is it solely through EA?

Also, is Sleeping Dogs going to make the Editor's Choice page at some point? If it is, I'll just cool my heels and play the games I bought last week.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

ActionPlatypus posted:

I was checking the Editor's Choice games last night, and Far Cry 3 was on sale for under $40, but when I went to buy it today, it was back up to $49.99. Was what I saw last night a mistake, or was it only that price for a single night? If it's the latter, is there a chance it'll drop in price again during January?

The price was matching Steam. Once 10AM PST hit and FC3 stopped being a daily on Steam the price on Amazon went back up.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
That's kindof lame, I also would've bought Farcry 3 from Amazon yesterday if I'd known the price was going to change so quickly.
e: Actually with a voucher it's 30% off on GMG now.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 2, 2013

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
He who oversleeps shall not be victorious. On the bright side the price is pretty much guaranteed to go down if you wait.

I'm not really seeing anything on this editors list that makes me want to buy it even with $5 off, unfortunately. But I'm one of those "I'll buy it when it's in a bin next to the register for 90% off" kind of buyers. I can wait.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Zachack posted:

The price was matching Steam. Once 10AM PST hit and FC3 stopped being a daily on Steam the price on Amazon went back up.

Thanks for the clarification. Here's hoping FC3 comes back on the last day as an encore and Amazon price matches again!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
It bears pointing out that Vessel will be $5.09 on Steam from now until the fifth, so save your $5 off code for something else.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Unless its price matched. In which case use any spares!

Dec 4, 2004

Dementropy posted:

To those who bought the former, does KoA activate on Steam, or is it solely through EA?

KoA is an Origin key. The only way to get a Steam copy at the moment is paying full price on Steam. Everyone else, including Amazon, only has Origin keys. Tony said he is trying to contact someone working for the state of Rhode Island (who assumed control of the assets of the studio after they went bankrupt) to authorize the sale of Steam keys by Amazon, but has so far been unsuccessful.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

6174 posted:

KoA is an Origin key. The only way to get a Steam copy at the moment is paying full price on Steam. Everyone else, including Amazon, only has Origin keys. Tony said he is trying to contact someone working for the state of Rhode Island (who assumed control of the assets of the studio after they went bankrupt) to authorize the sale of Steam keys by Amazon, but has so far been unsuccessful.

Thank you for that - it's helping to narrow down my decisions. I'll take a closer look at the Editor's Choice page when I get home this evening.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I've not touched Mass Effect 3 at all since the game came out. Reading about the DLC that comes with the DD version of the game makes it sound like the additional character would have some interesting dialogue to contribute to the game. Am I correct or is it not worth the extra $5? Which of the other DLC is worth experiencing when playing through the game, I seem to remember Brad on the bombcast really liking Leviathan, but thought Omega was a combat heavy slog (or I may have that backwards).

As for the other deals, $5 Spec Ops, $5 Duke Forever and Darkness 2, or $10 Amalur? I've heard mixed reviews for all of those games.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Jolo posted:

I've not touched Mass Effect 3 at all since the game came out. Reading about the DLC that comes with the DD version of the game makes it sound like the additional character would have some interesting dialogue to contribute to the game. Am I correct or is it not worth the extra $5? Which of the other DLC is worth experiencing when playing through the game, I seem to remember Brad on the bombcast really liking Leviathan, but thought Omega was a combat heavy slog (or I may have that backwards).

As for the other deals, $5 Spec Ops, $5 Duke Forever and Darkness 2, or $10 Amalur? I've heard mixed reviews for all of those games.

Amalur was fun when I played it, it's just so generic and bland that you'll quickly forget all about it a week after you finish.

Overall I would say it's worth $10 since the combat is pretty fun, just don't try to do all of the boring side quest since there is a gently caress ton of them and they won't do anything for you story wise.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Jolo posted:

For the "best" experience and greatest chance of being ok with the ending, you must have From Ashes and Leviathan. Only get Omega if you really love Aria.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
Walking Dead isn't on sale anymore?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

DrManiac posted:

Amalur was fun when I played it, it's just so generic and bland that you'll quickly forget all about it a week after you finish.

Overall I would say it's worth $10 since the combat is pretty fun, just don't try to do all of the boring side quest since there is a gently caress ton of them and they won't do anything for you story wise.

How long is the main quest? I'd be willing to drop a tenner on Amalur assuming i can get about 20 or so hours out of the main part.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

TheIllestVillain posted:

How long is the main quest? I'd be willing to drop a tenner on Amalur assuming i can get about 20 or so hours out of the main part.
If you just burned through the main quest I don't know if it would be more than 15, but the faction questlines are fairly worthwhile as well and those should bump it up past 30. I think the Amazon sale comes with the DLC of which I'd only recommend Dead Kel, but that's another few hours there.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Are games still being added to the EC list?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

For those looking at The Secret World, the 'buy in December' perks (account-wide access to a few nice newbie items, plus the Issue 5 mission pack, which will eventually be a paid item) are still there, but it's probably best if you claim them sooner rather than later, so long in ASAP and tag them.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dominic White posted:

For those looking at The Secret World, the 'buy in December' perks (account-wide access to a few nice newbie items, plus the Issue 5 mission pack, which will eventually be a paid item) are still there, but it's probably best if you claim them sooner rather than later, so long in ASAP and tag them.

Out of curiosity, I bought back in August, do I need to log in and claim them now, or can I just put it off for another few weeks?

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

There's a guard with a pair of swollen testicles who swears you wanted out of here.

Mr. Mallory posted:

Walking Dead isn't on sale anymore?

Apparently not. Tony, will it be going on sale during January?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

Out of curiosity, I bought back in August, do I need to log in and claim them now, or can I just put it off for another few weeks?

No idea whether it's silently bound to your account or not, but I really wouldn't risk it. Just log in and bind the stuff to a character.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

t-nutz posted:

There are some great deals (better than 2 Steam dailies) using the $5 Editor's Choice coupon (good until around Jan 5th):
Max Payne 3 - $10. Make sure to select Steam DRM on the product page. Then if you care about multiplayer, get the DLC pass on Amazon or Steam daily for $7.49 and have the complete edition for $17.49 total.
War of the Roses - $10. Again beating the Steam daily, and cheaper than the 4-pack even.
Hotline: Miami - $2.49
Mass Effect 3 - $10 (worth it for the co-op mode alone)
Spec Ops: The Line + Bioshock 1+2 - $5
Dark Souls - $13

Fake edit: Does anyone know if the co-op mode for Max Payne 3 came out for PC or when it does?

Thank you so much for pointing these out! 10 bucks for War of the Roses is too tempting to pass up.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Dominic White posted:

Um...I just bought the game, installed it, made a character, and...how exactly do I claim these perks? I checked my account page on Funcom's website and couldn't see any way to do this.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
How much longer will the Kingdoms of Amalur pack be on sale? If there is any chance of getting steam keys, I will wait, but I want to get it before the sale ends.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Slate Action posted:

Um...I just bought the game, installed it, made a character, and...how exactly do I claim these perks? I checked my account page on Funcom's website and couldn't see any way to do this.

You need to make it to the first quest area "Kingsmouth" then the item store will unlock, and there is an area for claimable items.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Cass posted:

A couple of Activision games were just pulled from Steam today. It might just be a temporary thing, but 007 Legends was one of them and Amazon sells a steam key for it. Have you been asked to take it down too? And, as a general request, can you give us a heads up when something is about to be removed from the store? It's annoying when something just vanishes without getting any warning.

Anyway, speaking of Activision can you get a deal lined up for Singularity? Strange that it's $50 there while the base price is $30 on Steam, but a sub $10 sale would be good.

Well, that answers my first question.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Are you gonna price match Crusader Kings 2 which is currently 10 bucks on steam?

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Are you gonna price match Crusader Kings 2 which is currently 10 bucks on steam?

Another question - if we've already got a Steam copy(from Amazon) and want to buy another one as a gift, are there any roadblocks to having the same title twice in our Amazon digital library?

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007

King Keltair posted:

Another question - if we've already got a Steam copy and want to buy another one as a gift, are there any roadblocks to having the same title twice in our Amazon digital library?

Nope.

I had to buy 2 copies of Dark Souls because I didn't realize your key was bound for life to your GFWL account, and that you couldn't be on xbox and PC at the same time.

You'll get your own separate key on Amazon that won't even show up until you click on the "game key" button.

manpurse fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 2, 2013

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

manpurse posted:

Nope.

I had to buy 2 copies of Dark Souls because I didn't realize your key was bound for life to your GFWL account, and that you couldn't be on xbox and PC at the same time.

You'll get your own separate key on Amazon that won't even show up until you click on the "game key" button.

Thanks, much appreciated - now to wait for the price match!

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I don't think he price matches Flash deals, but a Vessel price match would be nice.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Bought the pack with The Darkness II, Borderlands GOTY and Duke Nukem Forever for $5 with the Editor's Choice coupon. I only wanted it for Darkness II as I have the other games already, and $5 is a price I was happy to pay as it's not going to be that cheap on Steam any time soon. But now this means I have bought DNF twice. :negative: But it also means I have a new mystery key to inflict on someone. :getin:

Thanks Tony!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

dflanny posted:

Bought the pack with The Darkness II, Borderlands GOTY and Duke Nukem Forever for $5 with the Editor's Choice coupon. I only wanted it for Darkness II as I have the other games already, and $5 is a price I was happy to pay as it's not going to be that cheap on Steam any time soon. But now this means I have bought DNF twice. :negative: But it also means I have a new mystery key to inflict on someone. :getin:

Thanks Tony!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just bought Darkness 2 by itself for $2.49 with coupon.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

Are the sales for Shogun 2 and Max Payne 3 accurate? MP3 is not that old and going for 75%, while Shogun 2 is still Steam discounted at 66%. It seems bad that MP3 is already being heavily discounted.

Because fans generally hate MP3. Not unanimously but generally observe it as being not worthwhile.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Gilok posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just bought Darkness 2 by itself for $2.49 with coupon.

Mad props for the heads up, i was able to snag Spec Ops and the Darkness 2 for $5.

Man that is good value.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

When does the war of the roses price end? Because it's very late and I want to sleep a bit on it. $10 sounds wonderful though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t-nutz
Nov 26, 2008

TheIllestVillain posted:

Mad props for the heads up, i was able to snag Spec Ops and the Darkness 2 for $5.

Man that is good value.
Yeah did those just get added? I swear I didn't see them before as individual games. I updated my post since it's on top of the page.

• Locked thread