Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SirJoeKCB posted:

I'm trying to install 1.5.0 and it's telling me that the manifest is invalid. Running 23.0.1271.97 m.
Getting this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That's weird it should validate the manifest when I upload...looking into it

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Ferg posted:

Just pushed a v1.5.0 update that fixes the quick nav and the "open updated threads" button.

I'm not entirely sure about this bug Aatrek: https://github.com/scottferg/salr-chrome/issues/44

As far as I can tell, it works for me though it seems kind of clunky and just removes the buttons but the color remains. Maybe I'm getting the use case wrong? I've hit the X on both threads that have unread posts as well as threads that don't have unread posts, both from the User CP and the thread list.

When I hit the red X in this case:

It simply takes me to the first page of the thread, and does not mark the thread as unread.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fixed the manifest, so 1.5.1 should be installable now.

Aatrek posted:

It simply takes me to the first page of the thread, and does not mark the thread as unread.

Weird it wasn't doing that before but it is now. I'll take a look.

Edit: 1.5.2 is up with a minor tweak that looks like it fixes it (still seeing off and on behavior without the fix though)

Ferg fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 1, 2013

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The extension failed to auto-update, so I had to un/reinstall it. "Open all new threads in tabs" link isn't working again, but the quick reply box is functioning (seemingly) fine.

Thanks for this, Ferg!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I'm on 1.5.2 now and the quick nav is still broken. The down spot is still below the right arrow and now it only gives me the option to go to the next page and not back. Worse it will let me go to the next page even if it doesn't exist.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

I'm on 1.5.2 now and the quick nav is still broken. The down spot is still below the right arrow and now it only gives me the option to go to the next page and not back. Worse it will let me go to the next page even if it doesn't exist.

Can you take a screenshot?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ferg posted:

Can you take a screenshot?
Won't be home until tomorrow morning but I will then.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

Won't be home until tomorrow morning but I will then.

Cool thanks

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

Ferg posted:

Cool thanks

Sounds like he's talking about the gestures ui.

It comes up for me on the forumdisplay page, but not on showthread.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

SirJoeKCB posted:

That's exactly what I'm seeing. Also as I said the forward arrow is always clickable whether there's a next page or not and the back arrow is never clickable even when it should be.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aatrek posted:

Want to point out that I'm having the same error as well.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Notice this is on the last page of this thread but the forward arrow is clickable and the back arrow is not.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SirJoeKCB posted:

Ooooh that. I thought you meant the down arrow on the page nav. Okay, easily fixable. It's the same reason the page nav wasn't working right before shouldn't take too long.

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

SirJoeKCB posted:

The reason it wasn't working for me on the thread pages was because I had the "Replace first and last page links with links to the first three and last three pages of thread" option enabled. That seems to break pretty much everything the extension is trying to do on that page.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Rolling out a fix for the mouse gestures overlay now. Basically any feature that required knowing what page you were on got fried since that part of the forums got "overhauled" in the HTML. Let me know if you guys find anything else.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Ferg posted:

Let me know if you guys find anything else.

I opened an Issue on Github but I'll post about it here too in case it's user-fixable and I don't know it. The thread highlighting isn't showing the same colors that the SALR settings page shows. It seems like they show up for a split second while the page is loading, then get covered by the wrong colors. I've tried turning off thread highlighting in the SA options and nothing changes. I've turned off thread highlighting in SALR and it makes all thread coloring disappear even though the SA option is still turned on. Here is a side-by-side example.

edit: all of my usernotes seem to have been wiped out :negative:

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 2, 2013

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I opened an Issue on Github but I'll post about it here too in case it's user-fixable and I don't know it. The thread highlighting isn't showing the same colors that the SALR settings page shows. It seems like they show up for a split second while the page is loading, then get covered by the wrong colors. I've tried turning off thread highlighting in the SA options and nothing changes. I've turned off thread highlighting in SALR and it makes all thread coloring disappear even though the SA option is still turned on. Here is a side-by-side example.

Never used usernotes, don't know much about the feature, can't say a ton there. Likelihood is that Chrome settings changed and that wiped the notes out.

I saw your bug report come in. It's a minor issue in my eyes. The preview shown by the settings page is a copy of the styling for the forums. Obviously since the styling for the forums changed, the settings page changed. Not a huge issue to fix, shouldn't take long.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Vykk.Draygo posted:

All of my user notes seem to be intact :shrug:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Mine are still denigrating everyone who ever disagreed with me in D&D, so the problem must be on your end.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ferg, are you interested in a list of things that are broken or working weirdly in general? I don't mean stuff that broke with the CSS changes but rather all the little things that I've been ignoring that are broken. I figured you were busy and didn't really feel like maintaining this beyond making sure it isn't completely nonfunctional but if you want a laundry list of little broken things to fix I've got a few.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Dumb question, but do the updates you're 'pushing out' automatically update my local install of SALR, or do I have to go update something?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I'm on 1.5.3 and the replacement go to last/mark unread buttons aren't working in the user CP at all. Just started a couple hours ago.

e: actually as near as I can tell the entire extension is dead for me.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Mine are still denigrating everyone who ever disagreed with me in D&D, so the problem must be on your end.

Seems to have fixed itself. Weird.

Aatrek posted:

Dumb question, but do the updates you're 'pushing out' automatically update my local install of SALR, or do I have to go update something?

Chrome extension updates are pushed automatically. I don't think there is any way to manually update other than uninstalling and reinstalling the extension.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Aatrek posted:

It updates on its own.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Mark as unread button is still taking me to the first page of the thread on v.1.5.3. Thanks for rolling out fixes so quickly.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

Ferg, are you interested in a list of things that are broken or working weirdly in general? I don't mean stuff that broke with the CSS changes but rather all the little things that I've been ignoring that are broken. I figured you were busy and didn't really feel like maintaining this beyond making sure it isn't completely nonfunctional but if you want a laundry list of little broken things to fix I've got a few.

Small things are good. I've passed Awful onto other contributors so I haven't been busy with that for a while. SALR isn't terribly demanding so if you find nagging issues or whatever just let me know. I'm expecting more than a handful currently since I had to update so much under-the-hood stuff to make it work with the latest Chrome APIs.

Oldstench posted:

Mark as unread button is still taking me to the first page of the thread on v.1.5.3. Thanks for rolling out fixes so quickly.

I'm a little lost on this one. The button operates via a jQuery click handler that the forums sets, all I'm doing in the extension is changing some CSS properties and it loses the handler *sometimes*. It's working for me though :iiam:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Chrome extension updates are pushed automatically. I don't think there is any way to manually update other than uninstalling and reinstalling the extension.

Click Developer Mode at the top of the Extensions page, then click Update Extensions.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Honestly the only reason I use SALR is for the thread highlighting to distinguish between previously opened threads with unread posts and threads that have been read.. It'd be awesome if the colours got fixed soon :)

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Honestly the only reason I use SALR is for the thread highlighting to distinguish between previously opened threads with unread posts and threads that have been read.. It'd be awesome if the colours got fixed soon :)

That was the main reason I wrote it. That and quick reply.

How are they broken? The settings menu doesn't have the new gradient styling but the colors are still showing.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ferg posted:

Small things are good. I've passed Awful onto other contributors so I haven't been busy with that for a while. SALR isn't terribly demanding so if you find nagging issues or whatever just let me know. I'm expecting more than a handful currently since I had to update so much under-the-hood stuff to make it work with the latest Chrome APIs.
Okay:
  • Several options are no longer needed:
    • Thread Options > Display quotes in boxes
    • Thread Options > Fix forums cancer posts
    • Image Display Options > Enable timg fix
  • Some options are duplicated in the forums Control Panel and may not be needed:
    • Thread Options > Show user avatar images (what is the difference between this and Show user avatars right below it?)
    • Thread Options > Adjust window position after thread loads
  • Automatically collapse large quotes is listed twice, once in Thread Options and again in Other Options
  • In 219.css, the quick reply box breaks once the cursor drops below the standard text area
  • Control Options > Display jump list icon in omnibar is broken
  • Other Options > Protect against accidental quotes instead of edits does not appear to do anything (if it is intended to remove the quote button from the user's posts it does not)

Some things that would be nice but aren't technically bugs might be:
  • The color used by the page navigator and the mouse gestures is no longer used on the forums themselves. It should be changed to the darker blue.
  • On the top bar of a thread, there is an SALR logo for no discernable reason.
  • Emotes in the quick reply box aren't in alphabetical order but rather several rounds of alphabetical which makes it hard to find things.
  • For mouse gestures, the down box which does nothing should either be eliminated or do something (I'd personally love Reload).

I'm sure there are others but this is off the top of my head.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Ferg posted:

How are they broken? The settings menu doesn't have the new gradient styling but the colors are still showing.

I posted about that earlier, here's a screenshot demonstrating the specific problem:

The top three threads are set to #FFFFFF and are still significantly darker than the coloring for threads I haven't entered at all (which SALR doesn't touch), pretty much the entire way through the gradient. It makes seeing the text really hard no matter how light the color you choose, because the background ends up dark anyway.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Ferg posted:

I'm a little lost on this one. The button operates via a jQuery click handler that the forums sets, all I'm doing in the extension is changing some CSS properties and it loses the handler *sometimes*. It's working for me though :iiam:
OK, I've narrowed it down to only happening when the "Display new post counts inline" option is checked. If that option is unset, it works.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
I may have some free time this weekend to help iron some bugs out. Thanks to the others who have been so far!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Relambrien posted:

I posted about that earlier, here's a screenshot demonstrating the specific problem:

The top three threads are set to #FFFFFF and are still significantly darker than the coloring for threads I haven't entered at all (which SALR doesn't touch), pretty much the entire way through the gradient. It makes seeing the text really hard no matter how light the color you choose, because the background ends up dark anyway.

I'm a little baffled by this, the extension replaces all background styling and places the gradient image. As far as I can tell it shouldn't behave any differently from before (the settings page and the screenshot above are the exact same thing). It looks like the gradient used in the background image shows up darker with the new forums styling. Any CSS gurus have some thoughts?

Oldstench posted:

OK, I've narrowed it down to only happening when the "Display new post counts inline" option is checked. If that option is unset, it works.

Boom got it. Still not sure why it was broken, but tested and fixed.

Zeph posted:

I may have some free time this weekend to help iron some bugs out. Thanks to the others who have been so far!

Contributions always appreciated!

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

Ferg posted:

I'm a little baffled by this, the extension replaces all background styling and places the gradient image. As far as I can tell it shouldn't behave any differently from before (the settings page and the screenshot above are the exact same thing). It looks like the gradient used in the background image shows up darker with the new forums styling. Any CSS gurus have some thoughts?

Looks like it's the background-position. Getting rid of that property fixes the color, but it causes alignment issues with the star column. I think if you insert the same properties you do for the other columns it'll work.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

I think I've noticed an issue in that the page navigator box is appearing even if I'm viewing a single page thread (and thus have no other pages for it to navigate to) - I don't think it did this before the redesign?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JingleBells posted:

I think I've noticed an issue in that the page navigator box is appearing even if I'm viewing a single page thread (and thus have no other pages for it to navigate to) - I don't think it did this before the redesign?

It did. Not really worth handling since there's technically the jump to bottom button that's still relevant.

SirJoeKCB posted:

Looks like it's the background-position. Getting rid of that property fixes the color, but it causes alignment issues with the star column. I think if you insert the same properties you do for the other columns it'll work.

Boom. Thank you sir.

Edit: Pushed the mark unread and gradient fixes. The star column has always been an issue, I'll get to that later.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 3, 2013

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The inline unread post count is displaying on the right side now, which makes it look pretty cramped - could it be moved back to the left of the buttons ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Aatrek posted:

The inline unread post count is displaying on the right side now, which makes it look pretty cramped - could it be moved back to the left of the buttons ?

Why not just turn that feature off and use the one that's been built into the forums for a while now? It looks way better and takes up less room.

edit: the jump buttons AND the unread count

• Locked thread