Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009

Cocoa Crispies posted:

It depends on what kind of roof it has. If it's a soft top, probably in the trunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09Gh07KRws

And he locks his doors because....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Kolta posted:

It's one more obstacle. Or should I not use my front door knob lock because it's not a full-on deadbolt?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Maybe he's got one of those magic proximity alarms that senses when you stick a body part inside the cabin.

I just leave the doors unlocked on the Bonneville. Cheaper than replacing a cut top. Not that there's anything inside worth stealing, mind you, but tweakers aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It probably engages the immobiliser?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Kolta posted:

Habit? I don't make judgment calls before locking doors, fastening seat belts, stopping at stop signs, shoulder checking, etc.

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009
I just figured he was too cool.

Oh and that maybe there was a magical body part trigger sensor.

Kolta fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 3, 2013

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
This freaking Audi has been sitting outside my house for the past three or so weeks now

Wouldn't be so annoying if parking spaces weren't at such a premium

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009

dissss posted:

This freaking Audi has been sitting outside my house for the past three or so weeks now

Wouldn't be so annoying if parking spaces weren't at such a premium

Wouldn't that be worthy of being towed away for being what looks like abandoned.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
How long does it take for salvage rights to kick in? I bet you could force that hood off pretty quickly and help yourself to electrics and a turbo.

Might be dumped after a joyride too - could be worth a call to the police.

e: That wood chock under the front wheel looks suspicious.. were they doing work on it like that?

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 3, 2013

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Definitely call the police, it may have been stolen and abandoned.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
A lot of places in the U.S. have laws against cars being stationary in one spot or nonoperational.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

It depends on what kind of roof it has. If it's a soft top, probably in the trunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09Gh07KRws

And his trunk is now full.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CharlesM posted:

A lot of places in the U.S. have laws against cars being stationary in one spot or nonoperational.

:ssh: Not everyone in AI is from the US :ssh:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

2ndclasscitizen posted:

:ssh: Not everyone in AI is from the US :ssh:

:ssh: But laws in the EU and other western countries usually seem to be much more strict when it comes to autos which is why I'm sure the above posters mentioned it with the US caveat :ssh:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah I just meant there may be the possibility that such a law exists there too.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brigdh posted:

Is that a 2x4 that supposed to be reinforcing the rail?

Not reinforcing. Is.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

meatpotato posted:

Definitely call the police, it may have been stolen and abandoned.

Its not reported stolen and has a current safety inspection and vehicle license so as far as the law is concerned its legally parked.

Also not a turbo, just the boring 2.0 FSI

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I can't imagine that being on the curb counts as parked legally.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aurune posted:

And his trunk is now full.

That's why I always leave the top on when I go shopping at Costco in my Elise.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Polymerized Cum posted:

Someone please post that crazy Russian website where they poorly repair totalled vehicles.

This is the thread that I bookmarked, I can't find the whole site now: http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/topic482740.html

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

DropShadow posted:

This is the thread that I bookmarked, I can't find the whole site now: http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/topic482740.html

Absolutely nuts, seems like actual quality (or at least just difficult) work. I wonder how much the unibody integrity is compromised though...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How long does it take for salvage rights to kick in? I bet you could force that hood off pretty quickly and help yourself to electrics and a turbo.

A lot longer than "this vehicle is abandoned" laws to kick in, unfortunately. Usually it's only a couple of weeks to a month to get a car towed, but it's several years before you can just claim it as your own.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

DropShadow posted:

I googled that posters name and came up with this: http://autobotanik.livejournal.com/

Pretty sure that's the site I saw posted as the origin a while back.

E: The best one by far http://autobotanik.livejournal.com/31952.html

MonkeyNutZ fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 3, 2013

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Oh no, it is a slightly ugly and completely legal car parked in a legal place.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

kastein posted:

Oh no, it is a slightly ugly and completely legal car parked in a legal place.

I'd be irritated if I had to look at that hulk out my window as well.

Edit: V My last house had a big garage for exactly this scenario. :lol:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 3, 2013

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
All I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure it's a good thing for both of us we aren't neighbors then :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

and now, a winner of terrible car bingo.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Powershift posted:

:psyboom:

There is no god.

:barf:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Powershift posted:

The horse looks like it has just been euthanised. Which would be a suitable end for that poor, malformed rolling miscarriage.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Powershift posted:

I didn't know horses could get Trisomy 21

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

The car also appears to be inside a house, as if it's being displayed like art.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

front wing flexing posted:

The car also appears to be inside a house, as if it's being displayed like art.

It looks like a really nice garage to me.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Rhyno posted:

It looks like a really nice garage to me.

Either way it's like putting PBR in a wine cellar or cigarettes in a humidor.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Kill-9 posted:

Luckily, in Texas we also don't worry too much about rust like that.
I was going to mention that. However, if you have a car that's 25 years old or more and you don't care about driving it much, you can get an antique plate and skip inspections altogether.

[edit]
drat it, thread moved faster than I thought. Please forget my derail.

einTier fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 4, 2013

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Powershift posted:

That looks familiar.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Its a good thing I have pretty chill neighbors because my 1G Eclipse sat on jackstands in the street in front of my house parked the wrong way with no plates for a good 6 months.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

einTier posted:

I was going to mention that. However, if you have a car that's 25 years old or more and you don't care about driving it much, you can get an antique plate and skip inspections altogether.

I thought about antique plating my '61 T-Bird but decided I wanted to drive it to more than shows. Technically, the only place you can drive on an antique plate is directly to/from exhibitions and repair shops. Forget that.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Powershift posted:

My first thought seeing this was, "Is that a loving gull-wing hood? I thought, "well, it's impractical as hell, but kind of cool I guess." Then I saw the mirror and realized it was just another terrible :rice:

Lose the fake chrome billet, the horrible Lambo doors, the side-latching hood, the dead horse, and the Altezzas, and I'd drive the poo poo out of that thing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
That's one of those cars that we can kill the aesthetics of all day, but at least the fit and finish is good. More money than brains club. If it's anything like most show cars of that quality, it probably has some cool go-fast stuff on it too.

I hate that I have to occasionally defend show cars in this thread, sometimes it's really hard to do :negative:

e- even that loving horse, though it looks like it was hit by the Mustang, is actually fairly good quality work. Not the greatest, but the dude that did it has some legit chops.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
Drove by this a while ago and couldn't figure out what the hell it could be used for. It's in Albuquerque, NM in the middle of s desert if location helps at all. Click for huge.