Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
ye old 1798 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

WHOIS John Galt posted:

ye old 1798 gameſ

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
its weird how the eb name/branding has stuck on outside the us

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

elite got funded. 'ow's about that eh

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
there's a gamestop in mesquite, tx thats still officially known as funcoland because if they switch names they can't buy used games from people

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jamsta posted:

elite got funded. 'ow's about that eh

They went a bit mental with all the weird funding levels, but I'm glad they'll at least have a chance to make it work. I'm in for the bare minimum to get a copy of the game, but when they announced planetary landings wouldn't be in for launch and might even be a paid DLC I was a bit put out.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

spongeh posted:

there's a gamestop in mesquite, tx thats still officially known as funcoland because if they switch names they can't buy used games from people

ours was software etc because of this until about 6 or 7 years ago

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

NoneMoreNegative posted:

They went a bit mental with all the weird funding levels, but I'm glad they'll at least have a chance to make it work. I'm in for the bare minimum to get a copy of the game, but when they announced planetary landings wouldn't be in for launch and might even be a paid DLC I was a bit put out.

its not going to be ruined by the realistic ship physics like frontier is it?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sweevo posted:

Naw there was a pre-alpha bit of video of someone chasing another ship in an asteroid field and it looked to be 'proper' airplane controls as far as I could tell.

<edit>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5JYRyhxYhI

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I let my love of Elite and Frontier cloud my judgment. Still should be a good hoot

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Sweevo posted:

newtonian flight can be cool when it's done right. i think iwar2 did it really well and it's part of why i really liked that game.

even when they do it half-way with, like, a glide button or whatever, that's cool too. i like being able to shoot and point my spaceship in a different direction than i'm flying.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
non-newtonian fluidic space

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

non-newtonian fluidic space

voyager was so bad

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

afterburner sliiiiiiiiide

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i cant stop watching ouya unboxing videos, they are all terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRumLSgpL7w

*shows full home address on youtube*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrJ-TLCClUg

aaaaaaaa

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i like the unboxing video where this fat guy bought an ngage and 48 games and he just says 'yeah this is pretty cool' about everything for 20 minutes

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

please dont buzz market your youtube channel

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Al! posted:

*shows full home address on youtube*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrJ-TLCClUg

aaaaaaaa

holy loving poo poo that looks cheaper and crappier than i could have ever imagined. also loving lol that welcome video

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Yodzilla posted:

holy loving poo poo that looks cheaper and crappier than i could have ever imagined. also loving lol that welcome video

The few that ship are going to break after a few weeks and ouya is going to refuse to fix/replace them.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

voyager was so bad

i gave it a chance, watched through most of the first season and sort of barely held on, then i got to an episode where they "crashed into the event horizon of a black hole!" and the ship started shaking and rumbling and alarms went off and lights flickered and i don't even want to get started on how many things are wrong with that situation so i did a literal one a these and never watched it again

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Al! posted:

"CHENG SHA WAN? what? WHAT? it came from...CHINA or something???/? how does AMERICAN OO-RAH video gaem come from china? this make no sense to me!!!"

dude is actually surprised that they manufacture the things in china

barf

e: gah i can't watch, every second of it is better/worse than the last. "we wanted to do something special for you! this console features a special material that will only ever be featured for this one limited production run!" that julie herman is a great sales lady, take the lovely cheap plastic from the lovely cheap prototype run and sell it as a LIMITED SPECIAL FEATURE

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 3, 2013

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i keep forgetting i bought a pebble

Project Update #27: It's (almost) Time
Posted by Pebble Technology

We've got some big news. We'll be sharing it live with all our Kickstarter backers next Wednesday January 9th at 9am PST (California Time).

You can tune in on Jan 9th to see the announcement via live streaming video at https://www.getpebble.com.

If you're a member of the media at CES and would like more info, you can sign up here. The press conference will be at LVCC South Hall, Room S228.

If you're a Pebble backer attending CES 2013, sign up here for more info.

Thanks everyone, and see you virtually next week!

Eric + Pebble Team

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I watched voyager when I was like 10 and enjoyed it so I'm just gonna never watch it again and enjoy the vague blurry memories

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
jfc

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ha ha. lol

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJQtXI8Tx4&t=50s

lmao gr8 full screen experience

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this is best case scenario for the ouya btw

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Werthog 95 posted:

I watched voyager when I was like 10 and enjoyed it so I'm just gonna never watch it again and enjoy the vague blurry memories

star trek is mediocre at best and i don't understand how it ever got as popular is it did

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

bring on the 3:4 tvs

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sweevo posted:

star trek is mediocre at best and i don't understand how it ever got as popular is it did

like everything else we remember fondly from the past, you just need to look at the competition at the time

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

"this is really bad because ouya is not designed for touchscreen games which is what most of the games are"

literally from the mouth of an TECH ENTHUSIAST who shelled out money for a pos.

e:jfc, 699 us dollars

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
seriously? TOS was cold war: the series

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sweevo posted:

i liked the new movie, and while tos was campy as hell, all the characters were really likeable

i never got that into tng because in the span of like 2 weeks when i was a teenager i shifted from "i love all the ~space technology~ but don't understand all this stupid political stuff" to "i get the political stuff now but the technobabble is loving dumb"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

i liked the new movie, and while tos was campy as hell, all the characters were really likeable

i never got that into tng because in the span of like 2 weeks when i was a teenager i shifted from "i love all the ~space technology~ but don't understand all this stupid political stuff" to "i get the political stuff now but the technobabble is loving dumb"

for some reason i don't get super annoyed by the technobabble in tng but i tried watching voyager not long ago and got maybe 3 episodes in and was like "nope enough of this" and we're done with that one so i guess ~*~*nostalgia*~*~ strikes again

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

'its scary how good this is'

:paws on lovely tiny touchpad: lol

its so bad

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i guess as u get older you start to see how terrible a lot of entertainment is and it gets harder to "turn off your brain"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

graph posted:

'its scary how good this is'

:paws on lovely tiny touchpad: lol

its so bad

in the same breath he praises it for running on such a HIGH DEFINITION SCREEN

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

literally on a tv

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

seriously? TOS was cold war: the series

TOS was literally pitched as gunsmoke in space, apart from a couple of ham fisted "klingons are russians romulans are chinese" episodes it never got more complex than "bad guy menaces the innocents, kirk shoots it"

anyway it was a flop on it's first run, and pretty much the only reason anyone has ever heard of it is that desilu sold it dirt cheap in syndication so it got saturated across hundreds of little channels in weird timeslots and picked up a cult following of young nerds, if it weren't for the weird way us television works it would be as well-known as That Girl (which debuted the same year and was more successful in it's first run)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

anyway it was a flop on it's first run, and pretty much the only reason anyone has ever heard of it is that desilu sold it dirt cheap in syndication so it got saturated across hundreds of little channels in weird timeslots and picked up a cult following of young nerds, if it weren't for the weird way us television works it would be as well-known as That Girl (which debuted the same year and was more successful in it's first run)

what's weird about the way us televison works in this context.

• Locked thread