Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I am using every all-star vote of mine to vote against Brian Downing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Once again going with B.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I am using every all-star vote of mine to vote against Brian Downing.

Brian Downing is a rad dude. Don't blame him for you making Brad Lidge your closer. That's not on him, man! That's on you!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Brian Downing is a rad dude. Don't blame him for you making Brad Lidge your closer. That's not on him, man! That's on you!

Really, the one I blame is the Mogul AI manager.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
stopmakingchallenges.jpg stopmakingchallenges.jpg stopmakingchallenges.jpg

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Monicro posted:

stopmakingchallenges.jpg stopmakingchallenges.jpg stopmakingchallenges.jpg

I was ONE OUT AWAY FROM DOMINATION! I have made some stupid challenges, that one was not one of them!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
The Albany Pessimists select 1927 Mickey Cochrane.

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I was ONE OUT AWAY FROM DOMINATION! I have made some stupid challenges, that one was not one of them!

Sic Semper Bronie/Yankee fan

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Nah, the W's would still have beaten you up and taken your lunch money.

(Note: This is not an entreaty to a challenge to prove the veracity of this claim, which is, of course, indisputably true.)

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Mornacale posted:

The 17th pick is officially on the table for a quality starter. Also Norm Cash, Lenny Dykstra, and all my backup IFs.

Alternately, I'd be willing to trade down a few picks. Also, if anyone has a pick they don't desire, I'm open to offers.

1958 Jim Bunning for the pick?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Since some people have been asking, the next expansion class will open sometime next week. I'm thinking Wednesday, but that's subject to change. Grinnblade will probably be running the Expansion Cup this time around, since I guess he wants to prove that being from Idaho is no handicap to running an LP, or at least part of one, and seeing as the stakes are not particularly high, I intend to let him.

Beyond that, mrnoun is working on the feeder list for me, so I don't know what's in it yet, but I'm sure he'll do a good job.

So, if you know anyone you think might be interested in owning a Super-League team, go tell them, if you want to own a Super-League team, sit tight for a bit longer, and if you've grown to despise me and my thread, I can't say don't sympathize with you.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
The Web 2.0 BloggersBETA continue the absurd run on SP and select 1993 Tom Glavine.

We are extremely interested in acquiring an upcoming pick, either outright or moving up from #37. I'm especially interested in moving 1993 Lenny Dykstra and 2001 Andruw Jones. Dykstra is a pretty nice backup CF, but he's horrible for our park; Jones needs a ratings challenge, but he ought to be a pretty good platoon guy in CF if you don't already have Puckett and McCutchen.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

The Dickshots select '85 Robin Yount, and with it, a new lineup:

1. Tim Raines 2B
2. Robin Yount SS
3. Eddie Murray 1B
4. Billy Williams LF
5. Andre Dawson CF
6. Ron Santo 3B
7. Gary Carter C
8. Dwight Evans RF
P

Monicro fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 3, 2013

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

With the 19th pick in the draft, the Des Moines Dervishes select 1993 John Smoltz, solving the problem created by Gaylord Perry's demise. Since I believe the week to be posted has already been simmed, just slot him in Nolan's place, and banish him back to AAA. I might make some bullpen adjustments after the update.

Edit: Almost forgot, I think it's time we let Peterson go for Mark Grace's sake. Voting A.

Beet fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 3, 2013

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Well this is gonna be hilariously bad, but I'll give them fuckers some rest this week!

LINEUP FOR THIS WEEK:
RF Harry Heilmann
CF Ty Cobb
SS Joe Cronin
LF Willie Wilson
1B Todd Helton
3B Vinny Castilla
C Darrell Porter
2B Frank White
P --

Also, why is Castilla listed as a catcher?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

ML: Halladay
AAA: McGinnity

Rotation
1: Grove
2: Halladay
3: Koufax
4: Newcombe
5: Drysdale

LR: Coveleski

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

UZworm posted:

Well this is gonna be hilariously bad, but I'll give them fuckers some rest this week!

LINEUP FOR THIS WEEK:
RF Harry Heilmann
CF Ty Cobb
SS Joe Cronin
LF Willie Wilson
1B Todd Helton
3B Vinny Castilla
C Darrell Porter
2B Frank White
P --

Also, why is Castilla listed as a catcher?

Okay, stop. That lineup is all wrong.

First of all, Hamilton's injury means that he got the days off he needed, so he's good to go.

Second, Cronin is sore, if anyone is getting a rest, it's him.

Third, don't use Vinny Castilla. Just don't do it. I know that you're a Rockies fan, and so have a sentimental attachment to him, but here is a list of good seasons he had while not playing in Coors Field:

There are none.

Your team does not play in Coors Field.

Therefore, I think it's fair to say that putting in Vinny Castilla for any reason other than being held at gunpoint by a drunken Castilla is a terrible idea.

And if you are being held at gunpoint by him, give me some sort of sign.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Okay, stop. That lineup is all wrong.

First of all, Hamilton's injury means that he got the days off he needed, so he's good to go.

Second, Cronin is sore, if anyone is getting a rest, it's him.

Third, don't use Vinny Castilla. Just don't do it. I know that you're a Rockies fan, and so have a sentimental attachment to him, but here is a list of good seasons he had while not playing in Coors Field:

There are none.

Your team does not play in Coors Field.

Therefore, I think it's fair to say that putting in Vinny Castilla for any reason other than being held at gunpoint by a drunken Castilla is a terrible idea.

And if you are being held at gunpoint by him, give me some sort of sign.

I'll blink twice for drunken Castilla with a gun, three times for drunken Castilla with Todd Helton's deer meat.

OK, fine: (I don't know the difference between Tired and Sore)

RF Harry Heilmann
CF Ty Cobb
LF Josh Hamilton
1B Todd Helton
3B Scott Rolen
C Darrell Porter
SS Topher Rigney
2B Frank White
P --

And you still didn't tell me why he's being listed as a catcher :colbert:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

UZworm posted:

OK, fine: (I don't know the difference between Tired and Sore)

Sore is the next step up. Usually if a player's tired then platooning them for a bit or resting them for a week will fix them, but they can play through it if necessary. When they're sore, they need to be taken out, because fatigue is actually impacting their performance (is my understanding of it).

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Hartford Whalers are excited to announce that will be selecting 27 Al Simmons with the 20th pick of the draft. We will send Greg Luzinski to the bench, send Vernon Wells to AAA, and place Simmons in the lineup in Luzinski's place.

LHP

2B Eddie Collins
DH Wade Boggs
3B Mike Schmidt
1B Harmon Killebrew
LF Al Simmons
RF Reggie Jackson
CF Gary Maddox
C Thruman Munsoson
SS Derek Jeter

RHP

2B Eddie Collins
DH Wade Boggs
RF Reggie Jackson
CF Bobby Mercer
3B Mike Schmidt
1B Harmon Killebrew
LF Al Simmons
C Thruman Munson
SS Derek Jeter

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 3, 2013

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

mks5000 posted:

The Hartford Whalers are excited to announce that will be selecting 27 Al Simmons with the 20th pick of the draft. We will send Greg Luzinski to the bench, send Vernon Wells to AAA, and place Simmons in the lineup in Luzinski's place.

Man, I was surprised Ol' Bucketfoot lasted this long, especially since he should be able to play center in '27.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

ForeverBWFC posted:

Sore is the next step up. Usually if a player's tired then platooning them for a bit or resting them for a week will fix them, but they can play through it if necessary. When they're sore, they need to be taken out, because fatigue is actually impacting their performance (is my understanding of it).

Yeah tired is like a warning, sore is when bad things actually start to happen. One or two days off is enough to fix tired.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

The Pessimists will replace 2004 Jason Kendall with 1927 Mickey Cochrane in both lineup and roster.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

I need another low-leverage lefty, happily, I can replace Pettitte with Terry Mulholland. Additionally, it's a bit of a blow stat-wise, but a clear victory for insanity: DL Eddie Murray, call up John Kruk - bat him 9th.

I don't know what has happened to Nolan Ryan, but I hate it.

A.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.
Forgot my ballot!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Dynamo League

Catcher
[x] Johnny Bench (DUB) (.269/.319/.358, 3 HR, 3.2 WAR)

First Baseman
[x] Todd Helton (ONE) (.276/.342/.437, 7 HR, 5.0 WAR)

Second Baseman
[x] Joe Morgan (DUB) (.282/.360/.445, 7 HR, 8.6 WAR)

Third Baseman
[x] John McGraw (CAN) (.332/.425/.373, 0 HR, 5.1 WAR)

Shortstop
[x] Joe Cronin (ONE) (.316/.376/.464, 6 HR, 6.5 WAR)

Left Fielder
[x] GOOOOOOSE Goslin (RCH) (.322/.364/.450, 3 HR, 4.8 WAR)

Center Fielder
[x] Jim Edmonds (BUR) (.286/.366/.485, 8 HR, 5.9 WAR)

Right Fielder
[x] Ichiro Suzuki (FLO) (.348/.359/.426, 1 HR, 6.3 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[x] Ted Williams (NYF) (.289/.402/.529, 13 HR, 5.7 WAR)

Manager
[x] IceMole (CLU) (1x Sic Transit Vir Champion, Might actually show up in the thread if nominated)

Smasher League

Catcher
[x] Brian Downing (LOM) (.261/.358/.348, 2 HR, 1.8 WAR, is hero)

First Baseman
[x] Lou Gehrig (FIN) (.342/.432/.556, 8 HR, 5.8 WAR)

Second Baseman
[x] Lou Whitaker (SLA) (.288/.357/.433, 8 HR, 6.1 WAR)

Third Baseman
[x] Paul Molitor (PHF) (.321/.366/.491, 6 HR, 6.6 WAR)

Shortstop
[x] Alex Rodriguez (NOM) (.307/.366/.580, 13 HR, 5.3 WAR)

Left Fielder
[x] Zack Wheat (OXB) (.304/.329/.433, 2 HR, 5.2 WAR)

Center Fielder
[x] Willie Mays (CUB) (.248/.291/.481, 12 HR, 5.1 WAR)

Right Fielder
[x] Hank Aaron (LUN) (.291/.364/.491, 9 HR, 6.0 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[x] Sadaharu Oh (LOM) (.274/.341/.452, 11 HR, 5.6 WAR)

Manager
[x] The Merry Marauder (1x Division Champion, Villainy knows no bounds!)

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Smasher League Week 10 Injury Report

Hartford Whalers
Reggie Jackson (RF) (Luzinski's Revenge!) - 8 days

Luna Landers
Pedro Martinez (SP) (Moon Madness) - 11 days

Philadelphia Failures
Ernie Lombardi (C) (Ate a Philly Cheesesteak) - 15 days
Roger Clemens (SP) (Watching Lombardi eat a Philly Cheesesteak) - 17 days

Seattle Suicides
Bill Dickey (C) (Mellon Collie and the Infinite Strained Knee) - 14 days

Spokane Air Raids
Ellis Burks (OF) (The only way to get you to stop using him) - 14 days

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Spooners pick 2011 Cole Hamels because goddamn it, mks5000 took Simmons.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Revenant Threshold posted:

Ordinarily i'd be quite free with him, but apparently this season what i'm hurting for is good outfielders. If you have a spare Barry Bonds going that'd be nice, but someone who can play RF both well and consistently would be nice. Also, pitchers.

I lack outfielders unless you'd like "Where are you" Andy Van Slyke, but I can offer 1991 David Cone, two-time Super-League 20-game winner?

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

Finally, a draft pick where I don't bother screwing around trying to trade somewhere. Been looking at 2011 Cliff Lee from the beginning, time to see if that works out at all

Going by my pitching staff's results so far: no. No, it will not work out.

Can we stash Lee at AAA and then send Zimmermann down as soon as everyone's normal rest will allow the rotation to go Lee-Strasburg-Gonzalez-Brown-Veale?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Cultists Lineup Change Change the batting order so it's #5: RF Platoon, #6 Santo, #7 LF platoon, #8 Catcher Platoon.

Tell the cocksucking outfield platoons to hit to my satisfaction.

Trade Offer There's nothing on the board I really want, so I'm happy to trade down if you'll throw in a quality bullpen upgrade, so make some offers.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 4, 2013

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VIII, Dynamo League Week 10: Destiny

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

BANGERS BLAST DRUGGED-UP HOFFMAN, KW0134 REGRETS THAT

Fukuoka- Desperate times call for desperate measures, and when you're the Rochester Generics, there's not a single time that isn't desperate.

With a narrow 7-6 lead going into the bottom of the ninth, the Generics needed to make absolutely sure that closer Trevor Hoffman could carry the load against the powerful Bangers' offense. But kw0134 wasn't feeling confident enough, so he gave Trevor Hoffman a little chemical assistance before sending him out to the mound.

And so a dazed Hoffman, clearly not in his right mind, took the mound against pinch-hitter Edgar Martinez to lead off the inning. Hoffman, barely able to focus, hung a slider over the plate, which Martinez crushed for a near-home run that fell just short of the outfield fence. Hoffman then began doing some manner of victory dance on the mound, celebrating the first out of the inning. kw0134, who saw the almost-homer for what it was, yelled to Hoffman to "use your loving changeup!" Hoffman responded with a thumbs up and a vacant smile on his face.

The next batter was Nap Lajoie, not known as much of a power hitter. kw0134 relaxed in the dugout, he was sure Hoffman could handle this. He was wrong.

Hoffman worked the count full and then, on the decisive pitch of the at bat, threw a change up right over the middle of the plate. Lajoie, not fooled in the slightest, turned on the ball and launched it into the right-field stands, tying the game at 7. Hoffman, apparently not understanding what had happened, celebrated once again on the mound. kw0134, even more worried, screamed to his closer, "NO! Don't throw your changeup over the plate like that! Focus, Hoffman, focus!" Hoffman once again responded by smiling and giving a thumbs up.

The next batter, still with only one out in the inning, was Barry Bonds, the all-time leader in home runs. Hoffman threw his first pitch of the at-bat, another changeup right down the middle. Bonds is known for his plate discipline, but he was not about to let this opportunity pass him by, and got a great swing at the pitch, sending it deep into the stands to win the game for the Finger-Bangers. Hoffman, still not understanding what had happened, ripped off his jersey in celebration and started running around the infield, arms outstretched. He may have been pretending to be an airplane.

Asked what had gone wrong, kw0134 took most of the blame, "Okay, so, as most of you know, I've been running drugs out of my stadium, since attendance sucks and we're pretty close to Canada and right on I-90. So, I have plenty of drugs warehoused under the stadium. So, there was that. Thing two was that I just read about Dock Ellis throwing that no-hitter while he was high on acid. When I saw that Marauder had all of those great hitters up, I was kind of worried that Hoffman wouldn't be able to handle it, so I thought that giving him some LSD might give him the edge he needed. That didn't work out, and I take responsibility for that. I'd say it won't happen again, but I feel like it's probably worth another shot at some point. I really do believe that the only way to save my team is through experiment pharmacology, and so I can't let a setback like this make me give up on all of that. Rock, rock on!"

Box Score

Don May posted:

LOSERS MAKE LATE COMEBACK, BEAT DERVISHES 3-2

Dubai- Faith can cut like a knife.

Beet had faith that Noodles the Pitcher would be able to finish his shutout. Noodles had only given up two hits and two walks to that point. Beet knew that he could finish the game, he could feel it in his bones.

But his faith was not rewarded as Noodles, running out of gas, walked the first hitters of the inning as the Losers rallied to score two runs to tie the game. He then watched in anguish as John Smoltz easily dispatched the Dervishes' hitters in the bottom of the inning to send the game into extras.

With Noodles clearly unable to pitch another inning, Beet turned to Hoyt Wilhelm to get his team through the inning. Wilhelm struck out the first batter of the inning, but that where were his luck ran out, as a pinch-hitting Tony Oliva hit a home run off a knuckleball to give the Losers a 3-2 edge. The Dervishes went down in order in the bottom of the tenth, and that was that.

Not that this was bad news for everyone. Losers' owner Lord Mayor Humungus, fresh off of his bloody conquest of Freeport, now renamed 'Enslavedport', appeared happy, or at least less angry thanks to the win, "Beet! Listen to me now, because only I can tell you the fate of your team. You have come back to my division, my domain. This was foolish, Beet, very foolish! The Vae Victis Division belongs to me...and yet, you come into my home as the would-be conqueror, the pretender. Beet, I will destroy you for this transgression! You have taken something that does not belong to you, and I will have it back. I have heard of your 'defense' first policy, and it disgusts me! And much as there can be no peace between lion and man, so too can there be no peace between us. I will kill you, Beet, I promise you that!"

Stan Musial delivered Beet's response, "My lord Beet wishes Mr. Humungus to know that his threats are tiresome and have lost any meaning. The Dervishes have returned to the Vae Victis Division as champions, and champions we will remain. Beet also wishes you all to know that the Dervishes will soon take their rightful place as champions of the entire Super-League, and that no man or team, whether the Losers, Unicorns or Finger-Bangers, will be able to stop him. So sayeth Beet, the Greatest Dervish of them all!"

Game Notes

Dubai is hot as hell in the summer.

Box Score

Hardcore: The Life and Times of Henry Rollins

: ...And that's why, in this modern era, the American Dream is largely perpetuated by a coalition of for-profit universities and investment banks.
: So, going to the University of Phoenix won't change your life.
: No, it will change your life...just not in a positive way. Anyway, we're back with some more Hardcore Title defenses. And, in fact, this next series between the Dickshots and Imperialists will not only be for the Hardcore Title, but for all of the other secondary Dynamo League championships as well. If either team sweeps, they will be Tetra-Champions!
: And the Dickshots will win Game 1.

: And then lose Game 2. So only the Hardcore title has a chance of changing hands.
: Has the Viscount made a decision on how to use Dihigo yet?
: He has not. But he should get on that.

: And the Imperialists win Game 3, meaning that no titles will change hands.
: That was kind of a bust.
: I guess inertia is the most powerful force in the Super-League after all.

: Okay, well, this might get more exciting. The Bulldogs will take on the Imperialists next.
: TKBomber is their owner, and between him and Viscount Slim, they have won all seven Memento Mori Championships.
: Bulldogs just barely win Game 1.

: Imperialists with a big Game 2 win.
: And this Hardcore Title Match will go to a decisive Game 3.

: Bulldogs win Game 3, and they will be the new Hardcore Champions!
: Good for them!

: Next week, we'll have the Bulldogs-Pessimists and then either a rematch of Bulldogs-Imperialists or the Pessimists-Mighty Spooners.

Team Statistics

Analysis

It looks like it's up to Denny Neagle to save the day!

That's bad.

Analysis

Whitey Ford has betrayed you!

Analysis

Still have a couple of championships, but they don't seem to be making a ton of progress in the standings. Dihigo should help.

Analysis

43 stolen bases through ten weeks. And yet no one is voting for McGraw to be an all-star.

Analysis

Barry Bonds has really done a lot for your team. That was probably the best trade you ever made.

Analysis

The Coburns continue their grim march to the top of the standings, having now made it all the way to third place in their division.

Analysis

Just like I promised, the Dervishes have righted themselves and all is well.

Analysis

Dock Ellis needs more drugs. Or less drugs. Either way, he clearly does not have the right amount of drugs to pitch effectively.

Analysis

The Dickshots pulled a 'Biffs', going 2-4 on the week but retaining their Intercontinental Title.

That said, the Biffs lost over 100 games. Do better.

Analysis

The Bangers have on of their 'kill everything' weeks, and Leviathan smiles.

Analysis

Not the best week for the Spooniest team that ever was.

Analysis

A new title for the Bulldogs! Too bad half of your lineup desperately need some time off.

Analysis

Speaking of drugs, that would probably make looking at these updates a bit more palatable.

Analysis

The Losers cruise, as always. And it's their turn to pick in the draft! Good news all around!

Analysis

Always solid, if rarely spectacular.

Analysis

Injuries are dragging you down.

Leaders and Standings

A. Take the deal! - 4 vote

B. gently caress ADRIAN PETERSON! - 7 votes

"Give my Adrian Peterson's severed hamstring, McGregor! That's I want, that's what I need!" Grace hissed into the phone.

McGregor hung his head in exhaustion. There was no other choice now, "Mark," he said, in a resigned, almost elegiac, tone, "Whatever happens, I respect you for your willingness to fight for your beliefs. I only wish that other had the same courage to want to maim Adrian Peterson." McGregor then signaled his men. As much as he wanted to, there was no way he could give in to this demand, and with negotiations having failed, there was only one choice.

Inside, Grace knew that this was the end. He sent li'l Brian Pillman out through the air ducts, no need to get him killed too, and stoically waited for the coming storm.

It was on him in a flash, as a flashbang grenade broke through the window and blinded him. A SWAT followed, guns blazing, and, as he had never had a weapon to begin with, that left Mark Grace without much chance of doing anything but getting shot and dying. The first bullet ripped through his shoulder. The next right through his chest. There were probably more, but Mark Grace had already dead before they hit...

DECISION TIME!

Does Mark Grace believe in...

A. Heaven and Hell!

B. Reincarnation!

C. That there is no life after death (for this obit)

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
C. gently caress YOUR BELIEF SYSTEMS

edit: :ninja: nothing to see here move along

Grinnblade fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 4, 2013

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

B

Also, put in Ivan Rodriguez for the injured Dickey.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Sure do love how my team did literally just enough to get me a crappy draft seeding.

Go back to this now that they're not sore anymore:

1. Joe Jackson RF
2. Nap Lajoie 2B
3. Eddie Murray 1B
4. Billy Williams LF
5. Andre Dawson CF
6. Robin Yount SS
7. Gary Carter C
8. Ron Santo 3B
P

And B.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Smasher League Week 10 Injury Report

Hartford Whalers
Reggie Jackson (RF) (Luzinski's Revenge!) - 8 days

:suicide:

Put Luzinski back in there in RF, goddamnit.

LHP

2B Eddie Collins
DH Wade Boggs
3B Mike Schmidt
1B Harmon Killebrew
LF Al Simmons
RF Greg Luzinski
CF Gary Maddox
C Thruman Munsoson
SS Derek Jeter

RHP

2B Eddie Collins
DH Wade Boggs
CF Bobby Mercer
3B Mike Schmidt
1B Harmon Killebrew
LF Al Simmons
RF Greg Luzinski
C Thruman Munson
SS Derek Jeter

gently caress.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

B

vs. Righties no DH
3B McGraw
LF Hamilton
CF Speaker
RF Snider
SS Banks
C Campanella
1B Kelley
2B Stephenson

vs. Lefties no DH
RF Steve
2B Robinson
SS Banks
1B Hodges
C Campanella
LF Kelley
CF Speaker
3B Cronin

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

This is probably the worst time to have to rest most of my team, but if I want to survive to Super-League IX I have to rest them before they all get sore. Anyways, the lineup for next week.

2B Nellie Fox
CF Bobbie Murcer
RF Frank Robinson
1B Frank Thomas
LF Joe Medwick
C Terry Steinbeck
SS Alan Trammell
3B Howard Johnson
Pitcher

After last season, I guess I'll wait until Gehringer and Collins get better to rest Trammell. After all, I bet Smasher would say that somehow one of them could field the shortstop position better then Howard Johnson.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
oldskool, you're still looking for Ozzie Smith, right? How about :

1992 Ozzie Smith

for

1967 Rico Petrocelli
1991 David Cone

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Another rotation!
Clemens
Martinez
Coveleski
Bob "Fluke 20-game winner" Welch
Brown

Send LSDock and Santana to AAA.

E: poo poo nevermind ACCEPTING the above trade, 1992 Ozzie for aforementioned Cone & Rico.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

All right, first of all, rotation change: send Hooks Dauss down to AAA and replace him fifth in the lineup with 2011 Cole Hamels. Burn Steve Busby at the stake.

New rotation:
SP1 Ed Walsh (R)
SP2 Pete Alexander (R)
SP3 Frank Smith (R)
SP4 Doc White (L)
SP5 Cole Hamels (L)

And it's back to my old lineup as well:

RF Harry Heilmann
CF Ty Cobb
LF Josh Hamilton
SS Joe Cronin
1B Todd Helton
3B Scott Rolen
C Darrell Porter
2B Joe Morgan
P --

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Send the newly acquired Cone to the minors for now. Petrocelli can take Smith's roster spot.