Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

What if Tebow and Sanchez had an anchor baby?

Sanchez would ask Tebow to abort it and they would break up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Serisothikos posted:

What's this? Your MARKSANCHEZ is evolving!

Congratulations! Your MARKSANCHEZ evolved into ALEXSMITH!

I think Sanchez may be struggling more with the position than he would be otherwise because he can only communicate by yelling his own name.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Arschlochkind posted:

I think Sanchez may be struggling more with the position than he would be otherwise because he can only communicate by yelling his own name.

...and he frequently misses his target.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
There's a reason that Double Team pisses people off. With a little Foresight, he could be more accurate.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

swickles posted:

What if Tebow and Sanchez had an anchor baby?

I've never heard the term anchor baby and now I'm going to use it to insult people all the time. JOHN MARA IS A FUCKIN ANCHOR BABY.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Google is your friend

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

I've never heard the term anchor baby and now I'm going to use it to insult people all the time. JOHN MARA IS A FUCKIN ANCHOR BABY.

You should watch The League

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I pretty much inferred what it meant by his post, I'm still going to use it in every situation.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

quote:

Unbelievers, usurpers and haters; the shadow of the Seahawks Empire is upon you. Resistance is futile. Prepare yourselves for a reign that will be historic in both time and dominance. Be forewarned, The Empire will show little mercy on those who wish to impede it. Foes who trespass upon the dominion of the Seahawks Empire shall feel the wrath of the Legion of Boom. Hearts will break, muscles will fail, resolve will be washed away, as the Legion bludgeons courage from all who enter. And when these foes leave, they will remember and tell tales of the time they barely survived their encounter with the Legion of BOOM.

One of the comments on this article: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/28/chancellor-not-fined-for-textbook-tackle/

Did one of you write this?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Oh my god.
If whoever wrote that isn't already a goon, somebody needs to buy him an account. Jesus Christ

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

pretty sure that's weez

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

GNU Order posted:

Oh my god.
If whoever wrote that isn't already a goon, somebody needs to buy him an account...

and immediately permaban them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

Hey all, my wife ordered me a Chandler Jones jersey for Xmas from a site called "www.officialnewenglandpatriotsproshop.com" which actually isn't the proshop, that is "http://proshop.patriots.com/" and it was late arriving for Christmas. Now she was starting to get worried that it was a scam, but it eventually did come and when it did, boy was I happy. She had ordered the $90 version, so even though the description said "embroidered" name and number I assumed that that wasn't true and it would have the iron on type lettering. It didn't, it has the sewn on name, numbers pats insignia everything, and it had the "official NFLPA" tags and labels so it isn't actually a knock-off.

I just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone is shopping for a jersey.

Mods if you feel the need to kill this thread I wouldn't be offended.

:shobon:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ummm :stare:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

I upped the contrast a touch for easier reading:

I wish I hadn't, holy poo poo racism.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Well that's definitely the most terrible thing I'll read today unless I accidentally read something on Reddit

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 4, 2013

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Shouldn't it be "Short sound bites from (male) black jocks are tolerable"? I hate to think that our racists aren't using proper grammar.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Fuuuu where was that posted

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I vaguely remember some Jemele Hill stuff that was controversial so I was thinking...ok maybe. Then I got to the first line and was like...well yeah, Cowherd has that effect on me too.

Then just :barf:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

My own prejudices are showing, as I never thought such blatant racism could be written so well grammatically.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

DangerKat posted:

My own prejudices are showing, as I never thought such blatant racism could be written so well grammatically.

"the King's English" really is the icing on the cake.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Yeah I don't really like Jemele Hill's writing but oh my God :stare:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

ShimSham posted:

"the King's English" really is the icing on the cake.

That made me think this was a gag initially. Like "Idiot Letters," but with a tone-deaf dipshit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just... I have no idea how to respond

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?332323-Here-is-what-i-think-the-miami-defense-is-missing

quote:

Here is what i think the miami defense is missing

OOH! How do I say this without sounding racist? I think Miami is missing out on one of those "white" DE/OLD. You know the Paul Kruger, Jared Allen type DEs.
Most of them don't have much to offer in athleticsm but they make up for it with their hearts. I remember the Trace Armstrong days in Miami. Man! that guy always come through for us. The only exception is JJ Watts, that muther is a freeak! Hope Miami gets one of those guys in this years draft but then we have Jeff Ireland. Nuff said!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is T'eo white enough for that guy or is he still too ethnic?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh don't worry he has backup

quote:

Like it or not, RACE is a factor in football and it shouldbe. That being said, there is no placefor RACISM in the game.

There are many genetic differences between the people onthis planet that have an effect on their abilities, physical, mental andsystemic.

In a conversation between African Americans/Caucasians thereare differences in the way each process ATP in their muscles as well as their body’sability to store energy. There are also differencesin the location the body will store body fat as well as separate susceptibilityto various diseases.

There have also been studies on mental capabilities whicheffect awareness, aptitude, leadership, adaptability and fortitude. Most tend to name socialization and socialeconomic factors for this difference however that doesn’t negate the fact theydo exist.

Anyways, I tend to think that the most aware athletes tendto be the least athletic, and vice versa. This probably has less to do with genetics and more to do with what aplayer can or cannot get away with. There is no chance Z. Thomas sniffs a field unless he becomes thesmartest player at his position.

Believe everyone is the same if you want, I don't care. But if Ireland drafts a white CB and a PigmyWR, all our thought will be the same no matter the race.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

quote:

IT BEGAN WITH THE FORGING OF THE GREAT QUARTERBACKS. PEYTON MANNING WISEST AND MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE WAS GIVEN TO THE BRONCOS. AARON RODGERS WAS GIVEN TO THE PACKERS GREAT PASSERS AND RICH HISTORY, AND MATT SCHAUB WAS GIVEN TO THE TEXANS, WHO ABOVE ALL ELSE DESIRE POWER. BUT THEY WERE ALL OF THEM DECEIVED, FOR ANOTHER QUARTERBACK WAS MADE. IN THE LAND OF NEW ENGLAND IN THE FIRES OF GILLETTE STADIUM THE DARK LORD BELICHICK FORGED IN SECRET A MASTER QUARTERBACK. ONE QUARTERBACK TO RULE THEM ALL.

ONE BY ONE THE TEAMS OF THE NFL FELL. BUT THERE WERE SOME WHO RESISTED. AN ALLIANCE OF COUGHLIN AND ELI PLAYED AGAINST THE PATRIOTS ON THE FIELD OF THE SUPERBOWL. VICTORY WAS NEAR, BUT THE POWER OF BRADY COULD NOT BE UNDONE. IT WAS THEN THAT ELI STRIPPED THE WIN FROM BRADY'S FINGERS AND ELITE STATUS WAS GIVEN TO ELI GIVING HIM UNNATURAL FAME AND POPULARITY, BUT THE NFL HAS A WILL OF ITS OWN.

DARKNESS CREPT BACK INTO THE WORLD. WHISPERS OF A NAMELESS SHADOW IN THE EAST.

IT WAS THEN IN THE GLOOM OF THE PRESEASON THAT THE QUARTERBACK STATUS WAS GIVEN TO THE MOST UNLIKELY CREATURE OF ALL. RUSSELL WILSON - A HOBBIT ON THE SEAHAWKS. FOR THE TIME WOULD SOON COME WHEN HOBBITS WOULD SHAPE THE FORTUNE OF ALL...

The Seahawks poo poo-posting could get a LOT worse, TFF. Prepare yourselves.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

gently caress the Giants for allowing that to exist

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@adbrandt: Yes. RT @erik_fritz: @adbrandt If a team fires a minority head coach do they still have to comply with the Rooney rule?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Not really a post but on VolNation everyone insists on calling the head coaches by their initials. Which is fine but they also add "c" for coach in front.

So, you get CBJ (Butch Jones) or CDD (Derek Dooley). I don't know why but it annoys the poo poo out of me.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
God drat reverse racism! Where's the rule saying you have to interview white coaches huh? :argh:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Haha, yeah, Jared Allen is not much of an athlete. He's only gotten this far on heart.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

gohuskies posted:

The Seahawks poo poo-posting could get a LOT worse, TFF. Prepare yourselves.

This is in the middle of a series of racism posts and looks a lot better than it really is as a result.

yulia tymotebow
Jan 8, 2011

by Lowtax

quote:

I am excited for these boys to become men under Urban Meyer. I expect most of them to graduate from OSU and "Pay it Forward" like Woody says because Urban Meyer and Thad Matta only recruit kids with good character like Tim Tebow and Aaron Craft. I hope Thad can learn a thing or two from Urban and focus more on the person, not just the player. I read that Greg Oden (our center in basketball) is injury prone and an alcoholic. We have got to turn around this negativity. Braxton Miller is great ON AND OFF the field. Go Bucks! OH-

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
:laffo: no loving way.

It's always nice to see a boy become a man...

a man who steals the identity of a deceased former teammate who died in a tragic motorcycle accident

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike Alden, supergenius.

Urban Meyer would recruit James Holmes if he thought it'd get him a NC ring.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

St1cky posted:

Urban Meyer would recruit James Holmes if he thought it'd get him a NC ring.

Wasn't Urban Meyer's illness widely rumored to be a "getting out before the sanctions" kind of move?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

Wasn't Urban Meyer's illness widely rumored to be a "getting out before the sanctions" kind of move?

Urban Meyer's illness was widely rumored to be a "getting out before his wife divorced him for loving a coed" kind of move.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo, what? I had never heard that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Holy poo poo, what? I had never heard that

http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/30098941/Why-did-Urban-Meyer-leave-Florida.aspx
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=329049.0
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=565319&pid=7781227#pid7781227

I never saw anything more than unsupported rumors, but there you go.

• Locked thread