Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Pistol's face kills me in this one. HHNUUUURRRRRR

Send Pistol to me now. Holy gently caress that's an awesome picture. Hahahahah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

:ohdear: I almost drop kicked mine this morning when Pistol decided at 4 AM he had to go outside in the rain and poop RIGHT THEN then once we got in Max was like "oh hey that seems like a good idea I must also poop now".

Here's some pictures the doggy daycare posted over Christmas:

Pistol's face kills me in this one. HHNUUUURRRRRR

Pistol being a creeper

Max making a face

Oh my god the derp is infectious.

Pistol is adorable and wonderful. Is he getting along better with Max and being better about house breaking?

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I brought home half a salad from lunch today and as I was placing it in the rat cage, Leela came up and started sniffing Joker, who was sleeping curled up right by the door. He opened his eyes and looked at her, yawned, and turned away. She continued sniffing, and he was ignoring her, and I thought, "Oh, how cute, I should grab my camera."

Then she started licking him.

How I wish I had had my camera for the GRAVELY OFFENDED ratface that caused.

He's grooming himself furiously right now, trying to get rid of the cat spit I imagine.

The even better part was how sad she looked when he ran away. Poor Leela. Nobody likes to get licked by you.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I deeply desire to get a Boxer and name it Hubris.

Also why is my cat so awful at hiding? I can see you Sadie...

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

RazorBunny posted:

I brought home half a salad from lunch today and as I was placing it in the rat cage, Leela came up and started sniffing Joker, who was sleeping curled up right by the door. He opened his eyes and looked at her, yawned, and turned away. She continued sniffing, and he was ignoring her, and I thought, "Oh, how cute, I should grab my camera."

Then she started licking him.

How I wish I had had my camera for the GRAVELY OFFENDED ratface that caused.

He's grooming himself furiously right now, trying to get rid of the cat spit I imagine.

The even better part was how sad she looked when he ran away. Poor Leela. Nobody likes to get licked by you.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I've been told cat saliva is dangerous to rats. :ohdear:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Pew! Pew! posted:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I've been told cat saliva is dangerous to rats. :ohdear:

Most likely if they get bitten. Cats have a poo poo load of bacteria in their spittle and on their claws and the bites they give often get infected. When I was younger, my dad got bit by one of our cats. The bite, even with proper wound cleaning, got really infected like a day later, to the point he needed antibiotics.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

wtftastic posted:

Oh my god the derp is infectious.

Pistol is adorable and wonderful. Is he getting along better with Max and being better about house breaking?

He's getting there. Yesterday I ran out to the store for 20 minutes and one of them pooped on the floor while I was gone, but I'm honestly not sure who it was since Max had been having some digestive problems and was pooping a zillion times a day so I'm not going to just assume it was Pistol. This morning he woke me up to ask me to go outside instead of finding some far-flung corner of the house to poop in, so that's progress!

They're getting along better, I think they did a lot of bonding while I was away over Christmas since they were stuck together in neutral territory for a week. They still get into occasional arguments but nothing major.

Here's another Pistol picture for good measure

We call him Pittle or Pittledog more often than not. He's just one of those dogs you feel compelled to talk in a stupid voice to.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Yeah, it's bites and scratches that are dangerous. I never let Nibbler near the rats because he's tried to swat at them through the bars and definitely sees them as prey, albeit kind of frightening prey. Leela on the other hand seems to think they are just tiny cats, and wants to be friends. She licked Joker right on his rump :rolleyes:

She's lucky it wasn't Garrus, he seems to consider biting her on the nose a favorite pastime.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

He's getting there. Yesterday I ran out to the store for 20 minutes and one of them pooped on the floor while I was gone, but I'm honestly not sure who it was since Max had been having some digestive problems and was pooping a zillion times a day so I'm not going to just assume it was Pistol. This morning he woke me up to ask me to go outside instead of finding some far-flung corner of the house to poop in, so that's progress!

They're getting along better, I think they did a lot of bonding while I was away over Christmas since they were stuck together in neutral territory for a week. They still get into occasional arguments but nothing major.

We call him Pittle or Pittledog more often than not. He's just one of those dogs you feel compelled to talk in a stupid voice to.

What a cutie! You should take a washable pen or something and connect the dots on his face. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
What the hell is with this "silver lab" crap I keep seeing?

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Kerfuffle posted:

All the ones I've seen are Weim mixes :rolleyes:

Edit - apparently the official AKC stance is that there are purebred silver labs, but they are technically just one end of the chocolate spectrum?

RazorBunny fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 4, 2013

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Kerfuffle posted:

they just cross em with weims

Reminds me of the time I had to explain to my mom that White Labs are not a special kind of lab and that they are just very light yellow labs because she found them on GIS and decided that Gumbo (excuse me, :angel:KINGSTON:angel:) was a Purebred White Lab.

Her argument is if white labs are just yellow labs then you would not be able to GIS "white lab" because everyone would just refer to them as yellow labs.

Undead Waterfowl
Dec 29, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Her argument is if white labs are just yellow labs then you would not be able to GIS "white lab" because everyone would just refer to them as yellow labs.

I... this just makes my head hurt. I know it's your mom, but really? Ow.

Also, drat you for putting up pictures of that adorable cat! I wish I could take him off your hands. Good luck with getting him out of the house before Moses has cat staring issues again and even though it's hectic, congrats with all the good in your life keeping you busy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

they just cross em with weims

Reminds me of the time I had to explain to my mom that White Labs are not a special kind of lab and that they are just very light yellow labs because she found them on GIS and decided that Gumbo (excuse me, :angel:KINGSTON:angel:) was a Purebred White Lab.

Super were you adopted?

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

It aired here when I was pretty young V:shobon:V

Now I want to name Future Puppy Kimmy even more. And I want to watch Full House :allears:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Super were you adopted?

I would never be so lucky!!!!!

mickeymickey
Sep 13, 2004
punch me, i'm irish
One day Super will find her biological parents and they'll be these really enlightened pet owners who responsibly breed hunting dogs or something and will welcome her and her fiancee into their family with open arms and pay for her wedding and her mortgage to make up for all the lost time :allears:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

mickeymickey posted:

One day Super will find her biological parents and they'll be these really enlightened pet owners who responsibly breed hunting dogs or something and will welcome her and her fiancee into their family with open arms and pay for her wedding and her mortgage to make up for all the lost time :allears:

do i dare dream :allears:

alright so catpal (we are pals) is about to get a bath. As chill as he is, he absolutely murdered me last time I bathed him so I am like legit terrified but it has to be done, he's got fleas, ticks, mats, and is just gross as hell in general.

InEscape posted:

I know you're short on time but is this maybe the type of thing where you could rehome privately, among friends, family or (worst come to worst) something like Craigslist?

Cat showed up at the start of September, and I spent the next 3 months marketing the hell out of him to everyone I know who could have a cat. Most people I know are lovely pet owners, and the few who aren't didn't want him/couldn't take him. The few times I posted him on CL I got flagged, but tbh I didn't try that hard and could have posted him more.

I've thought about posting him on the local rescue network's facebook (the same group that found Frankie when he got away from my stepdad right before I moved) but I'm hesitant to because the second you post a thing the crazy animal ladies swarm and there is immediate pressure to do what they want/give the cat to who they say/"do it now why aren't you doing it now we found your address WE ARE AT YOUR HOUSE" and I've seen them fling crazy at people who don't immediately hand their animal to whatever person their arbitrary facebook consensus arrives at and I'm scared to post him there :ohdear:

Ginny Field
Dec 18, 2007

What if there is some boy-beast running around Camp Crystal Lake?

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I think our dogs were separated at birth.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Superconsndar posted:

That's some logic there! They are the opposite of the Fox Red or Golden coloring, just ultra-light instead of ultra-dark. And just like "Silver Lab" looking for fox red photos pulls up way too many sketchy breeder sites and labs that look suspiciously like Golden/Lab crosses :( I'm sure there's some real healthy genes in there! At least White Lab just returns what looks like really light yellow pups, but they too all go to TRIPLE-A LAB PUPPIES ALWAYS AVAILABLE websites.

Before my parents abandoned Labs as a breed they got the occasional red pup. The really dark yellow must have just been in that bloodline, bt now it must be trendy. I have never seen anything remotely like the color that GIS pulls up for "silver lab" in a purebred lab. Those eyes and face just scream "Weim mix!" to me.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

Ginny Field posted:

So which one of you got the evil twin?

Ginny Field
Dec 18, 2007

What if there is some boy-beast running around Camp Crystal Lake?

four lean hounds posted:

So which one of you got the evil twin?

Almost certainly me. Pistol seems like a very nice dog. Ginny is evil incarnate.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Ginny Field posted:

Almost certainly me. Pistol seems like a very nice dog. Ginny is evil incarnate.

I don't think Pistol is capable of being a bad dog (on purpose, anyway).

I mean, look at this face:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

That's some logic there! They are the opposite of the Fox Red or Golden coloring, just ultra-light instead of ultra-dark. And just like "Silver Lab" looking for fox red photos pulls up way too many sketchy breeder sites and labs that look suspiciously like Golden/Lab crosses :( I'm sure there's some real healthy genes in there! At least White Lab just returns what looks like really light yellow pups, but they too all go to TRIPLE-A LAB PUPPIES ALWAYS AVAILABLE websites.

Yeah I know, that's basically what I told her, that white labs are just very light yellow labs and there's nothing WRONG with a lab being that light, just that it isn't a SPECIAL KIND OF FANCY LAB and she couldn't wrap her brain around it.

edit: cat is clean. fiancee helped and it was WAY easier with two people- I held and wrangled hellcat while she soaped and rinsed. We are only bleeding a little. pictures to follow. also have video of frankie attempting to understand cat.

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 5, 2013

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Sometime today Jess went to where my rat/mouse food and dog treats is kept, bypassed the dog treats, and ate a handful of banana chips, then knocked Wheatley's bin of food to the floor and ate like a handful or two of grains.

What the gently caress, dog :ughh:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I don't think Pistol is capable of being a bad dog (on purpose, anyway).

I mean, look at this face:

Ahaha, I would snuggle dat dawg so much, look at that face. :3:

Pistol is great. A mix or pure ACD?

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

To the best of my knowledge he's an ACD/Australian Shepherd mix. He's pure adorable and snuggly.

edit:
This is how a 35 pound dog takes up most of a queen size bed:

Problem! fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 5, 2013

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
So are silver labs the only dogs getting called silver coloured because they look like weimcolors and weims are blue. ...all shininess aside.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Malalol posted:

weims are blue. ...all shininess aside.

I dunno about Weims being blue, because the color of Weims can vary quite a bit. I've seen Weims that look fairly blue, I've seen ones that are definitely a bit silvery too. But the vast majority of Weims that I have encountered, and the two Weims my family own, are all more light brownish-grey than anything else. There are definitely blue ones out there, but I've only seen pictures of them, and then only on rare occasions. I've also noticed as puppies their coloration can start out lighter and some are a bit more silvery-blueish at that point, but then as they get older most wind up being brownish-grey. But both Weims I owned we always described as "brown", for whatever it's worth. And one of them's even a fancy breeder dog with a long show name who is from the same sire as all of William Wegman's dogs so :colbert:

kaworu fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 5, 2013

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

kaworu posted:

I dunno about Weims being blue, because the color of Weims can vary quite a bit. I've seen Weims that look fairly blue, I've seen ones that are definitely a bit silvery too. But the vast majority of Weims that I have encountered, and the two Weims my family own, are all more light brownish-grey than anything else. There are definitely blue ones out there, but I've only seen pictures of them, and then only on rare occasions. I've also noticed as puppies their coloration can start out lighter and some are a bit more silvery-blueish at that point, but then as they get older most wind up being brownish-grey. But both Weims I owned we always described as "brown", for whatever it's worth. And one of them's even a fancy breeder dog with a long show name who is from the same sire as all of William Wegman's dogs so :colbert:

The color itself is called blue, regardless of the actual amount of dilution involved. :ssh:

Syllogism
Jun 7, 2001

We have listened. We are unmoved. The cleansing will proceed.
Not enough Shelties around these parts.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

:swoon:

Why. Why do we not have a herding thread? :saddowns:

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.

Fraction posted:

:swoon:

Why. Why do we not have a herding thread? :saddowns:

I made one once! But it's in archives now - so someone else is going to have to become the change they wish to see ;)

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Ginny Field posted:

I'm still amazed when I see current pictures of Ginny, because I swear she can't be the same dog you adopted. She's like half her size! She looks so good. :3:

Syllogism posted:

Not enough Shelties around these parts.

Just curious, was that coat shaved down before? Or is that still a puppy? :3:

Syllogism
Jun 7, 2001

We have listened. We are unmoved. The cleansing will proceed.

WolfensteinBag posted:

I'm still amazed when I see current pictures of Ginny, because I swear she can't be the same dog you adopted. She's like half her size! She looks so good. :3:

Just curious, was that coat shaved down before? Or is that still a puppy? :3:
She is around 4.5 months old in these photos, so no full coat yet

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

notsowelp posted:

I made one once! But it's in archives now - so someone else is going to have to become the change they wish to see ;)

Weeeell maybe in summer I'll make one if nobody else has done by then :unsmith:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Pew! Pew! posted:

It's just your fault for owning such a mean and untrained dog, sheesh.

I actually had to sit down and explain to my family once that yes, I do really want a hound dog, but I cannot have one. Because I live in an apartment. And own small furry animals. Their response was "well you're just a bad dog trainer if you can't keep him under control!!" I don't want a hound-shaped-lump, I want a dog. :(

e: My aunt sent me Cesar Milan videos for Christmas, too. :barf:

You just need a broken hound, like mine. He thinks all cats are friends, even after they've just beaten him up...

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
We have what appears to be a "silver" lab that comes to my daycare sometimes. Fat, mutty looking thing. Also two white labs. Quite a few black labs. A little chocolate lab mix. I'm so sick of labs. :saddowns: The cattledogs always end up being my favorites in daycare even though I'm like noooo, I don't want to like such a high maintenance breed. :smith:

edit: vvv :stare: That was far more entertaining than it had any right to be.

Skizzles fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 5, 2013

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Hope this is an open facebook page. :3:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200168194676529

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Am I a terrible person for laughing at the flailing dog?

i am arent i :smith:

• Locked thread