Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Hamass posted:

The thing with Tensai getting "Albert" chants and Ryback getting "Goldberg" chants is neither of them is competent enough on the microphone to pick one up and scold the fans. Bray could take care of "Husky" chants on day 1.

The Goldberg chants didnt hinder Ryback, who was being built like that man anyway. For Tensai, the man had a gimmick that made it so he didn't use a microphone or cut promos.

Also Bo is apparentlly attractive and young and good looking. So WWE feels thats better than some fat guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Albert has been speaking English sporadically, and just being angry and despondent like Rodney Dangerfield weaned on HGH.

I like it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bo is the second coming of Lucky Cannon.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bo looks like a Twilight werewolf, there will always be a place for him.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just love the contrast between Bo and Bray. Bo makes a great face. Handsome, strong, young. He can go far with some more experience in ring and on the mic. Bray is an incredible heel. Wild, delusional, powerful. He is going to succeed if his gives it everything he has when he gets called up. I'm excited to see their eventual clash .

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

njsykora posted:

But Bo doesn't have a cape.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

njsykora posted:

Bo is going to be a WWE Champion.

Liar Lyre posted:

I just love the contrast between Bo and Bray. Bo makes a great face. Handsome, strong, young. He can go far with some more experience in ring and on the mic. Bray is an incredible heel. Wild, delusional, powerful. He is going to succeed if his gives it everything he has when he gets called up. I'm excited to see their eventual clash .

After beating Bray Wyatt in the main event of Wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

njsykora posted:

gently caress Lucky Cannon. :colbert:

Bo will never be him. I unironically hated Lucky Cannon. At least Bo Dallas doesn't look like someone you want to punch.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

DarkstarIV posted:

gently caress Lucky Cannon. :colbert:

Bo will never be him. I unironically hated Lucky Cannon. At least Bo Dallas doesn't look like someone you want to punch.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
There's a difference; that looks like a guy that's just been punched.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gaspar Lewis posted:

There's a difference; that looks like a guy that's just been punched.

So he won't mind if I punch him again. Repeatedly.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

January 5, 2013

Jinder Mahal vs. Kane
Heath Slater vs. Daniel Bryan
Damien Sandow interview

Really fun show this week - that was the best DB singles match I've seen in ages, though it was taken down a few notches by all the cut aways. Looks like a Raw/SD quality main event for next week, too!

January 3rd, 2013

Part 1 PTP vs. Usos XXVII
Part 2 Raw stuff, Primo vs. Brodus starts near the end
Part 3 End of Primo/Brodus, more Raw

Darren Young needs to learn that you never headbutt a Samoan, no matter how thick your afro is. In spite of the fact that these teams have had a ton of matches against each other lately, I'd recommend watching this one as it's a lot of fun. I laughed out loud on multiple occasions and there were some good spots thrown in there too.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

January 5, 2013

Jinder Mahal vs. Kane
Heath Slater vs. Daniel Bryan
Damien Sandow interview

Really fun show this week - that was the best DB singles match I've seen in ages, though it was taken down a few notches by all the cut aways. Looks like a Raw/SD quality main event for next week, too!

Great DB match there. The cool thing about WWE right now is that they're spreading good matches across all their shows. Main Event and SMS could easily get away with being dumb squash matches like Superstars usually is.

Also nice to see a submission finish there, they need more of those.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OK, which one of you is responsible for spamming this poll?

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/poll/218-favorite-announcing-team

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Deadpool posted:

OK, which one of you is responsible for spamming this poll?

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/poll/218-favorite-announcing-team

Some dude on the Board is hacking all the polls posted.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Yeah, I noticed that on yesterday's polls, too. It's pretty stupid.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Started happening on the KOTB Tournament.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

January 9, 2013

Sheamus vs. Ziggler
Wade Barrett vs. Zack Ryder

January 9, 2013

Yoshi & Percy vs. The Wyatt Family
Paige vs. Emma
Bo & SHAH vs. Primo & Epico
Seth Rollins vs. Big E Langston

I love that Scott Stanford is doing some NXT voice-overs this week. Put that man on all the shows, please. Really fun NXT this week - no matches were duds, the two last got some time, and the booking in the main event was about as good as you can expect. That finishing reversal was awesome, too. Oh, and the dancing in the diva match was ridiculously amusing.

"I've never seen anyone rock so eerily."

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 10, 2013

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Goddamn, NXT is just the best. Watched it earlier. Great stuff.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
NXT is becoming my favourite WWE show. It features actual wrestling, the commentators actually call the matches and make it feel like a larger-than-life sporting event, it doesn't waste half its airtime with talking and recaps, and it gets the job done in an hour and leaves me wishing it was a half-hour longer. The tag-team tactics from Kidd and Gabriel were really top-notch last episode.

Why is it that the guys in NXT are allowed to actually wrestle? Is it just because they're not expected (or encouraged) to work a style based around high spots and big bumps?

Aside: Bray Wyatt seems to be doing something reminiscent of Kevin Sullivan and Raven's gimmicks, but with this weird white-trash voodoo vibe that reminds me of grindhouse horror films. It's intriguing.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 10, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Deadpool posted:

Goddamn, NXT is just the best. Watched it earlier. Great stuff.
Bray Wyatt is amazing :allears:

"I'll bite the head off a SNAKE.....so I could taste the poison"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Halloween Jack posted:

NXT is becoming my favourite WWE show. It features actual wrestling, the commentators actually call the matches and make it feel like a larger-than-life sporting event, it doesn't waste half its airtime with talking and recaps, and it gets the job done in an hour and leaves me wishing it was a half-hour longer. The tag-team tactics from Kidd and Gabriel were really top-notch last episode.

Why is it that the guys in NXT are allowed to actually wrestle? Is it just because they're not expected (or encouraged) to work a style based around high spots and big bumps?

It's low on the totem pole, out of the reaches of Boss McMahon. It flies below his radar.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

VogeGandire posted:

It's low on the totem pole, out of the reaches of Boss McMahon. It flies below his radar.

Alternatively, it's Triple H's baby. And he actually really likes wrestling.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

It starts with T and ends with "riple H". NXT is a glimpse of what the WWE will be when he has control. It will be glorious.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

njsykora posted:

It starts with T and ends with "riple H". NXT is a glimpse of what the WWE will be when he has control. It will be glorious.
My fear is that Vince decides to try to kill the company rather than handing it off to HHH because it was his world damnit!!! :argh:

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

My fear is that Vince decides to try to kill the company rather than handing it off to HHH because it was his world damnit!!! :argh:

My fear is that Vince doesn't retire until HHH is near retirement age himself.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Dunno about Bray. I think the gimmick has legs, but he sounds rushed on the mic and lacks the timing on his line delivery; it comes off like reading a teleprompter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is there any place I can catch new episodes of NXT on streaming?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

coconono posted:

is there any place I can catch new episodes of NXT on streaming?

Hulu Plus.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

MJBuddy posted:

Dunno about Bray. I think the gimmick has legs, but he sounds rushed on the mic and lacks the timing on his line delivery; it comes off like reading a teleprompter.

He's coming back after a few months out; I think he'll be able to iron it out and slow down to get a good menace going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmtvjQ_LaDA

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I am so into the Bray Wyatt character. Cajin Charlie Manson is loving gold.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

paint dry posted:

Maybe fixing developmental is one the things Triple H has to do so he can properly take over, ala the Twelve Tasks of Hercules.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Holy poo poo that suplex by McGuillicutty :stare:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

There is nothing about Emma's entrance that isn't hilarious. The goofy music and the awful dance moves. I was howling.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

paint dry posted:

You do realize HHH is only 43 right? He's ancient in wrestling terms, but the dude is still really young otherwise. They're 25 years apart, HHH and Vince. And Vince has already semi-retired, how do you think we got The Shield or this Punk reign?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You do realize HHH is only 43 right? He's ancient in wrestling terms, but the dude is still really young otherwise. They're 25 years apart, HHH and Vince. And Vince has already semi-retired, how do you think we got The Shield or this Punk reign?

I remember reading that story/joke somewhere about how if Stephanie and HHH got divorced for whatever reason, and Vince had to decide which of them to bequeath WWE to, his reply would be "I'd sure miss Stephanie." :v:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Here is an additional fun fact about the McMahons. Vince Jr is 67 right now and his dad passed at 69. So you know, like father like son? Maybe?

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Liar Lyre posted:

Here is an additional fun fact about the McMahons. Vince Jr is 67 right now and his dad passed at 69. So you know, like father like son? Maybe?

https://twitter.com/CrankyVince/status/289527023787991040
Less than a minute after your post.

Cranky Vince is a goon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MJBuddy posted:

I agree that it was rushed and the delivery was off but I've heard/seen him do better. I'm not as head over heels in love with it as some but I definitely see the potential in the gimmick. His zombified "sons" is a nice addition since the last time I saw it. I'm not sure its 100% worked out yet and I don't think his entrance promo would translate well at all to a WWE arena and crowd but I think its definitely just something that needs to be ironed out and then given a chance to work. The people expecting it to be transformative or for him to be an immediate star are probably being silly but that seems like the usual thing with hyped NXT acts like Ambrose and The Ascension. People see something good and potentially great and they call it amazing and go crazy. The internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Doesn't Vince keep himself in great physical shape, though I don't think the concussions and steroids have done good things to him.

• Locked thread