Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Throatwarbler posted:

What the gently caress is it, a Kia Sedona?

Looks like a Suzuki Aerio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Black88GTA posted:

And what looks to be a 2nd gen F-body of some sort (Camaro?), row 2nd from top, 5 cars from the left.

1978-81 Camaro, I think those are Z28 graphics on the hood.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Black88GTA posted:

Car Where's Waldoawful 1980s F-body is the best, someone should make this an actual thing. gently caress the gangly cartoon guy in the red hat. :colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Spotted at a red light today... :doh:

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Taken about a month ago

:gay:
It's a bit of a stretch.. but I'd have asked for another plate.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

NoWake posted:

Taken about a month ago

:gay:
It's a bit of a stretch.. but I'd have asked for another plate.

Maybe he just likes Tennis?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Crankit posted:

Maybe he just likes Tennis?

Or maybe it's supposed to be "Penis" but p3nis, p4nis and p5nis were taken already. to 73nis it is!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

SaNChEzZ posted:

Or maybe it's supposed to be "Penis" but p3nis, p4nis and p5nis were taken already. to 73nis it is!

Or maybe it's a standard randomly chosen plate.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Oh, Wisconsin

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009

Faerunner posted:

Or maybe it's a standard randomly chosen plate.

That just so happens to look like it says penis.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
yeah, it's only 40% off from that. It's closer to saying tennis, as already noted.

This is like saying that "lock" almost looks like "gently caress".

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

kastein posted:

This is like saying that "lock" almost looks like "gently caress".

Ausfahrt

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

NOTHING TO SEE HERE

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 5, 2013

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

some texas redneck posted:

^^ Wrong thread.

Terrible car/plate combo I saw yesterday:

:golfclap:
Scroll up, you posted it already.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

^^ Wrong thread.

Terrible car/plate combo I saw yesterday:

:golfclap:

Spotted at a red light today... :doh:

Have you been drinking?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress.

I smoked entirely too much :420: last night. :downsgun: That would certainly explain why it was already in my imgur gallery..

Faerunner posted:

Have you been drinking?

That's something I'd expect Drunk STR to do, not Sober STR. But no, no alcohol today (yet)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 5, 2013

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Faerunner posted:

Have you been drinking?

Hahahaha

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I don't know what's worse, the Beetle or the hilarious double post.

Time to mock such things mercilessly.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."
They compliment one another.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

A guy I work with has an automatic E36 325i with the same wing on it, I mock him mercilessly.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

rocket_350 posted:

Near top right I think I see an early eighties third gen Trans Am. It looks like it has the hood with the off centre bulge.

god, this really makes me hate the fact that my car is silver. When you see a picture like this and realize just how little variation there is in car colors its a bit depressing.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

grumplestiltzkin posted:

god, this really makes me hate the fact that my car is silver. When you see a picture like this and realize just how little variation there is in car colors its a bit depressing.

It's called Sun Green. It's Silver, and it's Green, and it's AWESOME! :rock:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Came across this gem today.

Mah_Freend_Amee
Mar 7, 2007

GOOD DOG.
BEST FRIEND.
Grimey Drawer

I can't imagine that this works great as a mirror replacement.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Mah_Freend_Amee posted:

I can't imagine that this works great as a mirror replacement.

I did that with a single larger one for a while which at least sort of works. Great for FOV but not so good for judging distances / locations.Had to buy a new power mirror assembly just to strip the glass and its little plastic clip from.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Probably works infinitely better than the "broken structural interior support pieces remaining after the driver smacked into a telephone pole while texting" you typically see with mirror damage...

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
It certainly didn't help them park between the lines.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

It's the mirror version of the twin headlight conversions you don't see so many of these days.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

General_Failure posted:

I did that with a single larger one for a while which at least sort of works. Great for FOV but not so good for judging distances / locations.Had to buy a new power mirror assembly just to strip the glass and its little plastic clip from.

Isn't it great that you have to buy a $300 part to get a $10 part off of? When I worked in the body shop at the auction, I did a lot of the part installations. The clips on the rear A/C registers would break often on Lincoln Town Cars, so instead of being able to but a clip for fifty cents we had to buy a $900 assembly. Take the clips off it, throw assembly on the shelf. Once we had a few dozen assemblies, we had no more room for them, so we just started throwing them out.

loving stupid.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Viggen posted:

It's called Sun Green. It's Silver, and it's Green, and it's AWESOME! :rock:

I hate to tell you this, but your car...

... is silver:negative:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

grumplestiltzkin posted:

And green! :eng101:

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I hate to tell you this, but your eyes need some adjustment. That, or you're color blind. If that's the case I apologize.

Let's test you. Does this car look silver to you?

Sir Cornelius fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 6, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

grumplestiltzkin posted:

It's similar to this:

Green-tinted silver.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
From an aerial shot those are all just "silver" though. A couple years ago when I went over the top of Kingda-Ka or whatever that 450 ft tall roller coaster in New Jersey is, and for two seconds you get to look out on the sea of cars parked in the lot, I decided I wouldn't do another silver/black car which is how I ended up with blue. If only to brighten some roller coaster enthusiast's day.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
Why do americans have such a love affair with low-visibility road-camouflage?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

grover posted:

Why do americans have such a love affair with low-visibility road-camouflage?

It's the same everywhere. Silver, black, gunmetal, charcoal are the 'safe choices' if you want the best resale value. Dark blue and other muted non-attention-grabbing colors are reasonably safe choices as well. Cars and car buyers today are just too uptight, conservative and serious to even consider anything else and in most cases, wild colors aren't even an option. At least you can order most cars in plain white, which I find a lot more interesting than silver or black.

These days, wild colors are pretty much only for tiny city cars and outrageous super cars. Would you buy a bright purple family sedan? I know I would, but most people disagree.

My car is silver, and I wish it was any other color. Unfortunately, the rest of it was way too good to pass by, so now I'm part of the silver sedan brigade as well :(

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

KozmoNaut posted:

It's the same everywhere. Silver, black, gunmetal, charcoal are the 'safe choices' if you want the best resale value. Dark blue and other muted non-attention-grabbing colors are reasonably safe choices as well. Cars and car buyers today are just too uptight, conservative and serious to even consider anything else and in most cases, wild colors aren't even an option. At least you can order most cars in plain white, which I find a lot more interesting than silver or black.

These days, wild colors are pretty much only for tiny city cars and outrageous super cars. Would you buy a bright purple family sedan? I know I would, but most people disagree.

My car is silver, and I wish it was any other color. Unfortunately, the rest of it was way too good to pass by, so now I'm part of the silver sedan brigade as well :(

Basically this, my current car is silver but the paint choices that year were all boring as hell, the best was probably dark red. Similarly I lust over blue & yellow MX-5's, but mine is BRG because more interesting colours are rare as rocking horse poo poo over here.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

KozmoNaut posted:

I bought a bright orange pickup, but my tastes are very questionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Not. Quite.

It was only produced from 2000-2002. Initially I wasn't a fan, but it grew on me. It's pretty easy to find your car in a parking lot, too.

KozmoNaut posted:

Two silver sedans as well checking in.. I like silver. I usually joke "If I wanted to go undercover, I'd buy an early 2000s white Impala." They're everywhere.