Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Oh, hey, Jane was almost interesting there for a minute! Glad we dodged that bullet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

graybook posted:

Oh my god. The Condesce's typing font. Holy nutslosh. :allears:
It's so delightfully trashy.

Now that Jane has forsaken her Tiaratop, there's no way Roxy is going to be able to contact her. Poor Roxy. Looks like they'll get thrashed by the upcoming boss fight unless they get some outside help. But from where? :v:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
SO SAD.

Pretty sure everyone saw the uROBuROS /UrobUros thing coming, huh?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Prison Warden posted:

SO SAD.

Pretty sure everyone saw the uROBuROS /UrobUros thing coming, huh?

Yeah. The joke was that it was obvious but Jake and Caliborn are too loving dense to realize it.

Of course it doesn't help that Jake just plain forgot the loving code!

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
And honestly, Condy's not retarded. This probably means she's got both codes now. But does she have a way to alchemize the codes?

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

Line Feed posted:

Now that Jane has forsaken her Tiaratop, there's no way Roxy is going to be able to contact her.

Maybe that's for the best.
Who knows how Jane would react if Roxy were to contact Jane and then pretty much flat out say "Go to prospit and kill yourself."

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

God damnit jane stop being so SAD already and go make your present. Or at least put the tiara back on and obey the sexy fish queen.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

KaosMachina posted:

Oh, hey, Jane was almost interesting there for a minute! Glad we dodged that bullet!
If Jane doesn't make good use of the unlimited power she's just been given I'm gonna flip my poo poo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
See, here's my question. Jane can probably guess Caliborn's code and copy his juju, but would it really be his juju? To claim a juju for your own, you either need to be properly given the juju as a gift, or forcefully take it from the previous owner. I'm not sure that Jake properly gave Jane ownership of Caliborn's juju if he didn't give her the code.

Paradox space might be a literalist rear end in a top hat about poo poo like this.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

JT Jag posted:

See, here's my question. Jane can probably guess Caliborn's code and copy his juju, but would it really be his juju? To claim a juju for your own, you either need to be properly given the juju as a gift, or forcefully take it from the previous owner. I'm not sure that Jake properly gave Jane ownership of Caliborn's juju if he didn't give her the code.

Paradox space might be a literal rear end in a top hat about poo poo like this.

The question then would be, what would happen when she used the code? Would she get (a) nothing, (b) a fake magic-less or detrimentally enchanted imitation juju (like a fake Amulet of Yendor) or (c) something else entirely?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Color Printer posted:

The question then would be, what would happen when she used the code? Would she get (a) nothing, (b) a fake magic-less or detrimentally enchanted imitation juju (like a fake Amulet of Yendor) or (c) something else entirely?
My guess is B: An empty juju, like the Cal that Caliborn currently has.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Poor Jane. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a lovely glittery dancing violent Jay projected into your mind.

KaosMachina posted:

No need to shout, my friend. It's only kids playing a game.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Great. Now all I can think about is the Condesce talking like Lumpy Space Princess.

(And it's hilarious)

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Color Printer posted:

My guess it that it will create the items that eventually become Caliborn's and Calliope's respective JuJu's.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Paradox space might be a literalist rear end in a top hat about poo poo like this.

Cal's history would suggest otherwise. Rose threw it out of Dream Dave's bedroom, John found it lying around in the ectobiology lab, Jack tossed it at Aradiabot who was hit by a meteor and it ended up with Kanaya, Gamzee nicked it from Kanaya at some unspecified point in time, Dirk accidentally dropped it in the ocean where Gamzee uncovered it and tossed it to Caliborn...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Stupid thing I saw in the last panel that was probably a coincidence.

Also, that is one empty room.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Poor Condy just wanted to talk and see if Jane would be more receptive to helping her with her errand than Roxy, but nooooo, Jane has to go and sulk because everyone she likes is dead or stupid or isolated. Jeez Jane, think of someone other than yourself for once!

It must be incredibly painful to have a font that gaudy projected right into your brain though.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Great. Now all I can think about is the Condesce talking like Lumpy Space Princess.

(And it's hilarious)

Oh my gluuuub

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, we know she eventually succeeds in at least taking Calliope's juju since it disappeared.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Nate RFB posted:

Well, we know she eventually succeeds in at least taking Calliope's juju since it disappeared.

Someone does, anyway. Presumably either Jane or the Condesce, since nobody else would have been reading that as far as we know.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Someone does, anyway. Presumably either Jane or the Condesce, since nobody else would have been reading that as far as we know.

Bingo. Shouldn't have done that, Jane.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

He's literally an angel. Not sure if you knew that or not. I love all the crazy rear end poo poo that Tolkien wrote down that never really got played up in any of the books. But yeah, Gandalf? Angel. Sauron? Fallen Angel.

I... did not. Huh. That's really weird.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I don't think the Condesce can, since it wasn't given specifically to her. Jujus seem to have very strict rules.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

(And it's hilarious)

Totes bffs 4eva.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I don't think the Condesce can, since it wasn't given specifically to her. Jujus seem to have very strict rules.

I wouldn't be so sure, not until we see these rules in action more explicitly than we have - they really weren't explained in that much detail. The wording of what we've heard so far kind of sort of suggests that jujus that are given away are available only to the intended recipient, but is more than vague enough that this might not be the case. The all-important gift accidentally given to the wrong person is a classic, after all.

There's no guarantee that Jane won't be the one to make it either, of course.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Bobulus posted:

I... did not. Huh. That's really weird.

Ha ha ha.....ah, you think that's weird.

The Gift of Man isn't mortality so much as it's freedom from the Samsara like cycle of suffering and attachment that other races are subject to. Elves, live forever or die, are tied to the world and it's problems until it ends. Humans all die, and pretty quick, but they move on. Relatedly they are also free from the bounds of Ainulindalë, the music of the angels that defines all of reality on Earth. All other beings, by and large, live in harmony with it...but also can't act outside it. Man is free to do, or tell screw, this fundamental aspect of reality at will. Those two things combined define the point of human existence, as they can go beyond the confines of the Earth and it's troubles [literally and metaphysically] and compose their own 'music' [Destiny], ultimately maturing to the point where they can help spread Eru Ilúvatar's [God's] perfect song throughout all of existence on their own.

I don't even think that's the weirdest loving part of the whole Middle-Earth setting I can remember, and it's one of the reasons I have not, for even a second, ever found Homestuck slightly large or complicated or filled with plot twists. Because man is there some crazy rear end fiction already out there, just lurking under the skin of things you thought you knew, and more specifically Tolkien was a loving wild man for going balls deep into his setting.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Oh gently caress yes is it time for Tolkienchat?

How about the War of Wrath, when an entire continent was destroyed and a dead dragon landed on, and crushed three loving mountains? Or when humans sailed on Valinor [The West/Heaven] and the world itself was changed from flat to round to prevent it from ever happening again?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The reason I still have high hopes for the rest of the Hobbit trilogy is I'm holding out hope that they work in as much of the crazy poo poo about the wizards that used to just be in the appendix as they can.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
How would the Condesce even get the juju? After all, you need an alchemiter.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

siotle posted:

Presumably that's why she was trying to mind-control Jane.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

siotle posted:

John's alchemiter was used by Imps of all things just waltzing in and playing with it early on in his adventure. I'm sure the Condesce, with her various crafty Derseian agents and omnipotent cat with the ability to teleport anywhere, could find a way to get it done behind the backs of some seriously distracted teenagers.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sauron was unfathomably weaker than Morgoth but met with greater success because he was content with oppressing people rather than pouring his essence into the very matter of the world in order to make it his.

siotle posted:

Derse has already used alchemized products. In that case, CD sneaked into one of their houses and used the alchemiter.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Sauron was unfathomably weaker than Morgoth but met with greater success because he was content with oppressing people rather than pouring his essence into the very matter of the world in order to make it his.
Sauron had a pretty simple plan and stuck to it. Create a phylactery that can't be destroyed by mundane means, store just enough of your soul in it that you can't die if it still exists yet if you're in good health and the phylactery is destroyed you'll still survive, spread a ton of lesser artifacts which serve the phylactery who will force anyone who possesses them to be influenced by him over time, gain territory, control poo poo.

He was less an existential threat and more an epic lich at the end of a D&D campaign. One whose body has already been blown up, no less.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

JT Jag posted:

Sauron had a pretty simple plan and stuck to it. Create a phylactery that can't be destroyed by mundane means, store just enough of your soul in it that you can't die if it still exists yet if you're in good health and the phylactery is destroyed you'll still survive, spread a ton of lesser artifacts which serve the phylactery who will force anyone who possesses them to be influenced by him over time, gain territory, control poo poo.

He was less an existential threat and more an epic lich at the end of a D&D campaign. One whose body has already been blown up, no less.

So basically, Voldemort.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
No, Voldemort is the bitch version of Sauron. If you're going to compare the two on that point then it boils down to: Sauron getting a PHD is loving poo poo up, and Voldemort skimming the chapter titles of the "For Dummies..." manual.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
My favorite bits of LOTR are the luddism and the plaintive longing for the days of the Raj.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This session is totally dysfunctional. It's high time Jade and John bust in and slap everyone around and yell at them in equal measures.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I just have the biggest smile on my face right now. Holy poo poo the Condesce is the best.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I kinda want HIC to be desperately trying to be in cahoots with the kids right now to counter Lord English, but she's just too her for anyone to listen to her.

I mean, I know in reality she's going to be totes evil, but I would just amused if she's just really bad at expressing herself.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Personally I feel that an excess of dance clowns worked to the detriment of the secret jam. Condy really ought to let the sparkle speak for itself. Might be less likely to put the potential secret jam-peruser off and encourage engagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

change my name posted:

So basically, Voldemort.
Voldemort might have become Sauron if he killed that rear end in a top hat Potter kid and ruled Britain for 300 years.

That said, as is they aren't comparable.

Oh )(IC. :allears: