Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, with a GPA like that if you aren't pulling a 168 or 169 I imagine admissions will start wondering about where you went and whether there's grade inflation at your undergrad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

Arcturas posted:

Yeah, with a GPA like that if you aren't pulling a 168 or 169 I imagine admissions will start wondering about where you went and whether there's grade inflation at your undergrad.

I don't think that's true. They just won't think his LSAT is high enough at T14s, or won't think his index (LSAT and GPA combined) is high enough. 163 is still close to the 90th percentile (about 88th percentile usually), so I don't think one guy getting it with a 3.7 is going to make an admissions office at a law school reevaluate whatever their existing opinion is of an undergrad. Not to mention that admissions offices don't even care whether your school has grade inflation.

Huxian
Nov 12, 2008

"It's not just the swearing either. She's got quick fists too."
Even a score just four points higher gives him a shot at the lower T-14 (and schools like USC):

http://mylsn.info/8id5o9

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

MoFauxHawk posted:

I don't think that's true. They just won't think his LSAT is high enough at T14s, or won't think his index (LSAT and GPA combined) is high enough. 163 is still close to the 90th percentile (about 88th percentile usually), so I don't think one guy getting it with a 3.7 is going to make an admissions office at a law school reevaluate whatever their existing opinion is of an undergrad. Not to mention that admissions offices don't even care whether your school has grade inflation.

Fair enough. I didn't realize a 163 is 90th percentile on the LSAT. I thought that was more 165-166.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I can't speak for anywhere else but Duke does not care at all about where you went to undergrad, only that you got a nice fat fancy number to report.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Let me just throw this out there: unless his name is Ganesh (and even if it is), he can legitimately check the 'Other' box on the apps and put down West Indian.

That and five points gets him Harvard, no?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Anyone at Harvard know anything about Prof. Rachel Brewster?

Agesilaus
Jan 27, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sulecrist posted:

I can't speak for anywhere else but Duke does not care at all about where you went to undergrad, only that you got a nice fat fancy number to report.

Yeah, I thought the whole idea was to take an easy major at a uni that gives high grades, then study a little for the LSAT and go into cruise control until you graduate from Yail.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
By Indian you ~don't~ mean Native American right?

The URM boost is controlled on they're end, and you can put that down on the application but i don't think you'd get the boost.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Adar posted:

Let me just throw this out there: unless his name is Ganesh (and even if it is), he can legitimately check the 'Other' box on the apps and put down West Indian.

That and five points gets him Harvard, no?

Most admissions officers, in most situations, would probably consider that ethnic fraud if it were discovered or inferred. A much safer approach is what he himself suggested: indicate Indian as his ethnicity and use his diversity statement to describe his cultural background. The admissions office could at that point recategorize his ethnicity if they really wanted (which they could also do away from West Indian in your scenario if they found it unconvincing), or they could just make a decision.

Nickoten, you should put down Indian as your ethnicity because it is what you identify as. Use the diversity statement to describe your cultural background. You do not need to be defensive or explanatory. Just tell your story: I was born and raised in Trinidad, I've grown up doing [things Trinidadians do], etc etc. It is a riskless move and has the added benefit of not being a lie.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Petey posted:

Most admissions officers, in most situations, would probably consider that ethnic fraud if it were discovered or inferred. A much safer approach is what he himself suggested: indicate Indian as his ethnicity and use his diversity statement to describe his cultural background. The admissions office could at that point recategorize his ethnicity if they really wanted (which they could also do away from West Indian in your scenario if they found it unconvincing), or they could just make a decision.

Nickoten, you should put down Indian as your ethnicity because it is what you identify as. Use the diversity statement to describe your cultural background. You do not need to be defensive or explanatory. Just tell your story: I was born and raised in Trinidad, I've grown up doing [things Trinidadians do], etc etc. It is a riskless move and has the added benefit of not being a lie.

That's a real thing with dual identities now? So the white Algerian population is screwed nowadays? Heh.

Sounds like he's a special enough snowflake to blanket every T14 regardless and hope somebody bites, but I'd still go for a 170 first.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

With a 3.7, and many schools accepting your best LSAT, it's moronic to apply with that low an LSAT. If you boost it (and you probably can) you've got a much better shot.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Holy hell, I didn't expect to still be getting advice. Thanks guys!

My name is pretty ambiguous (Anglo-Saxon first name, last name is not actually a real last name due to circumstances of family's immigration to Trinidad), but you're right that I'd rather not lie. I don't strongly identify myself as Indian but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strongly aware of myself as being racially Indian, so I feel like doing otherwise could be considered fraud. It sounds like it'd be a good idea to re-take the LSAT, but I doubt they'd look at the February score, especially since it'd be reported in March. Is it a good idea to apply this year and try again next year if I don't get accepted to a good school?

That link someone provided that gave percentage chances based on existing data was really useful, by the way. It sounds like I have a slight chance with Georgetown and a pretty good chance with USC, which are both seemingly good schools in areas I'd want to practice law (assuming I did go down that road). I can definitely see the advantage in aiming for that 170 and trying again next year, but it seems like a good idea to try twice. I'm just not sure if a rejection looks bad on a second try.

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 3, 2013

woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012
I'd say it depends on what you actually want to do as a job. If you want to be a lawyer as a day-to-day profession, then go hog wild. But if you want to work in international business or be a businessman, then law ain't the right place to go. It's not like another merit badge that makes you more attractive to an employer. Instead you're slotted as a lawyer and looking for a position as a lawyer, with all that comes with it. I'm happy with my choice, as many are. But many of my classmates were very disappointed after working a year. In the end it's just a job, like dentist or accountant or whatever, except you spend 100k before doing much that resembles the job. With some work you could make it through law school just fine, but do you want to make it through? Maybe shadow some family friend lawyers or have lunch with some first. Spend time thinking about how you want to spend your working hours a decade from now.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Adar posted:

That's a real thing with dual identities now? So the white Algerian population is screwed nowadays? Heh.

Thankfully yes. There are still schools that will look the other way because they are so desperate for any numbers but the most selective schools do not have that problem and tend to react somewhat strongly against it. At least undergrad schools do, and I would imagine, from what (little) I know, that law admissions are the same, given that the fundamentals are similar.

It's not so much "dual identities," really; there is a lot of deserved discussion for multiracial students who don't fit within a particular cultural construct. However, when someone says "I'm Indian, but culturally West Indian," that doesn't mean they don't fit within a cultural construct. It means their ethnicity differs from their culture, and so they should answer the ethnicity question one way and the cultural / diversity question the other way.

Nickoten posted:

My name is pretty ambiguous (Anglo-Saxon first name, last name is not actually a real last name due to circumstances of family's immigration to Trinidad), but you're right that I'd rather not lie. I don't strongly identify myself as Indian but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strongly aware of myself as being racially Indian, so I feel like doing otherwise could be considered fraud.

Trust your instinct and be honest. Again, in your statement you shouldn't be defensive, nor should you present yourself as enlightened, like you should win an award for it. Just be honest and straightforward about where you grew up and how it has shaped your worldview and you will get the most points for it.

quote:

It sounds like it'd be a good idea to re-take the LSAT, but I doubt they'd look at the February score, especially since it'd be reported in March. Is it a good idea to apply this year and try again next year if I don't get accepted to a good school?

There's no reason not to do that but there's no particular reason to do it either. I've told this story before, but I had a 3.7 with a 166 when I applied in December 2008. I got blanked at the T14 and accepted with a full ride to Cardozo which I declined. I got a 173 in February 2009 and the next fall got tons of mail from T14 schools with fee waivers encouraging me to apply.

The point being that your GPA is pretty good and with a better score you could be an excellent candidate at a lot of schools. There's no reason to rush it if you think you can improve your score, and actually no reason to rush it now. Law schools are rolling admission so you are already at a disadvantage by applying so late in the game. Unless you absolutely *must* go to law school, any law school, this fall, then your best shot for your life and career* is to improve your LSAT and apply as soon as you can next fall.

* the actual best shot it to not go to law school but I assume we are operating within those parameters

UnpaidIntern
Nov 10, 2012

Petey posted:

Ethnic fraud??? My law school had rich, white "African Americans" from South Africa and a whole slew of other rich minorities that checked all the boxes depending on what race they could claim through their parents, grand parents, or great-grandparents. The only ethnicity that seemed to be protected from fraud was Native American since you had to comment on your actual tribal registration number. I can't help but laugh at the thought of a university confronting someone on their ethnic identity. Are they going to demand genetic testing once he gets his scholarship after declaring he is West Indian?

Nickoten: If you identify with West Indians then check that box on your application and put it in your diversity statement. That option is there to help ease the insane cost of law school so take advantage of it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

UnpaidIntern posted:

Ethnic fraud??? My law school had rich, white "African Americans" from South Africa and a whole slew of other rich minorities that checked all the boxes depending on what race they could claim through their parents, grand parents, or great-grandparents.

And presumably did not get caught which was the key part, and why your story is irrelevant to what he is saying.

Agesilaus
Jan 27, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Petey posted:

Thankfully yes. There are still schools that will look the other way because they are so desperate for any numbers but the most selective schools do not have that problem and tend to react somewhat strongly against it. At least undergrad schools do, and I would imagine, from what (little) I know, that law admissions are the same, given that the fundamentals are similar.

It's not so much "dual identities," really; there is a lot of deserved discussion for multiracial students who don't fit within a particular cultural construct. However, when someone says "I'm Indian, but culturally West Indian," that doesn't mean they don't fit within a cultural construct. It means their ethnicity differs from their culture, and so they should answer the ethnicity question one way and the cultural / diversity question the other way.

What do you mean by ethnicity? Isn't he racially Indian because of his biological ancestry (which gives a physical appearance), and then ethnically West Indian (or maybe Indian West Indian?) because in the bigger picture he has a certain mix of culture, language, social practices, background, etc?

If you honestly identify yourself as a West Indian, and you have the background to support that claim, then you'd tick that box. I guess you could be really specific and discuss whether Indian West Indians are some sort of separate society in the West Indies, but also distinct from all the Indian Indian groups, so then you'd be Indian West Indian ethnicity, but I don't think there will be a box for that.

Agesilaus fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 4, 2013

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Lol.

quote:

So what does all of this have to do with the retaliation I have alluded to, and why would the deans set me up to fail? Simple: Dean Pierce and Dean Poser did not want to injure the precious ego of this incompetent adjunct by acknowledging any of Sidders’s mistakes, and it was easier to solve the problems I had raised in my complaints by sabotaging my hopes and dreams.

http://learnedfist.tumblr.com/post/30780819859/my-google-review-of-the-university-of-nebraska-college

TLDR: paranoid law student convinced deans are out to get him because he asked for special accomodation during a test.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

UnpaidIntern posted:

Ethnic fraud??? My law school had rich, white "African Americans" from South Africa and a whole slew of other rich minorities that checked all the boxes depending on what race they could claim through their parents, grand parents, or great-grandparents. The only ethnicity that seemed to be protected from fraud was Native American since you had to comment on your actual tribal registration number. I can't help but laugh at the thought of a university confronting someone on their ethnic identity. Are they going to demand genetic testing once he gets his scholarship after declaring he is West Indian?

Of course not. But it is far easier than you might think to discover or determine ethnic fraud. Not all is caught (as evilweasel pointed out), and some schools choose to look the other way in certain circumstances for certain reasons (which may operate in concert with other reasons you identify, such as individual wealth or other institutional priorities, which may outweigh the sin of the fraud depending on how important it is).

However, it is definitely A Thing, and more specifically A Thing You Want To Avoid. If a school asks your ethnicity, and you put down something other than your ethnicity, well, you are committing what most selective schools will consider a kind of fraud on your application.

Agesilaus posted:

What do you mean by ethnicity? Isn't he racially Indian because of his biological ancestry (which gives a physical appearance), and then ethnically West Indian (or maybe Indian West Indian?) because in the bigger picture he has a certain mix of culture, language, social practices, background, etc?

Not according to federal guidelines:

IPEDS posted:

The guidance issued by the Department covers two separate issues: (1) the collection of R/E data by institutions and (2) the reporting of aggregate data to the Department. For collecting R/E data, institutions must use a two-question format, and the Department encourages institutions to re-survey students and staff (the two-question format is as follows: The first question is whether the respondent is Hispanic/Latino. The second question is whether the respondent is from one or more races from the following list: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, White).

Now you may think that this seems bizarre and artificial and break down on specific, to which I would snark that yes, all racial/ethnic constructs are bizarre and artificial and break down on specifics. The point is, however, that Nickoten is, by federal guidelines made uncontroversial by his own stated identification, [South] Asian in his ethnicity. Certainly more so than any of these other categories: he is not Black (Caribbean), for example, and would be outright lying if he said he was. That is why he is not, as you say, ethnically West Indian because he is culturally West Indian, because the definitions of race and ethnicity set forth by the federal guidelines do not allow him to be.

quote:

I guess you could be really specific and discuss whether Indian West Indians are some sort of separate society in the West Indies, but also distinct from all the Indian Indian groups, so then you'd be Indian West Indian ethnicity, but I don't think there will be a box for that.

There is, actually. It's the diversity statement section, which was introduced specifically to allow (or force) students to articulate their own identities as constrained or constructed through the formal federal guidelines. Which is absolutely what Nickoten should do, what I am happy to hear he plans to do, and what is absolutely in his best interests as an applicant.

Petey fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 4, 2013

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Pretty good acid test for whether you're going to be a good lawyer or not. Are you going to be hung up on some stupid technicality on whether you're sufficiently "ethnic", or just realize that you're at a disadvantage from go because you're not lily white and take whatever poo poo this stupid prejudiced world offers you just because

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

terrorist ambulance posted:

Pretty good acid test for whether you're going to be a good lawyer or not. Are you going to be hung up on some stupid technicality on whether you're sufficiently "ethnic", or just realize that you're at a disadvantage from go because you're not lily white and take whatever poo poo this stupid prejudiced world offers you just because

Well, if it hasn't been clear, he would have to check the box that says "black" or "Hispanic" rather than "Asian" to get whatever you think he's being offered. He can't just check a "West Indian" box and get a corresponding boost. It's also not about being "sufficiently 'ethnic'", it's about what his actual background is, so don't just skim his posts and assume it's a no-brainer and talk to him like he's being an idiot just because he's thinking about not checking "black" or "Hispanic".

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Check asian, indian, or whatever box other than "white" because that's what the question is intended to capture. It really kinda is a no-brainer

I mean I know it's intended to be complicated because resident wanna-be Petey has weighed in with a couple lengthy posts but there it is

edit: which is more likely; admissions people walking around with a dipstick, checking it against your skin to see whether you sufficiently identify with your claimed ethnicity and punishing those who don't, or the school just being stoked they're +1 towards whatever metric they have to meet and laying out the diversity scholarships and bursaries accordingly without looking too hard at who they're being given to

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 4, 2013

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

Check asian, indian, or whatever box other than "white" because that's what the question is intended to capture. It really kinda is a no-brainer

I mean I know it's intended to be complicated because resident wanna-be Petey has weighed in with a couple lengthy posts but there it is

Right, he never planned to check "white". Petey is giving his advice as somebody who's worked in this area before about whether the guy should check "Asian", which puts you at pretty much the same place as whites, or if he should check one of the URM groups that would give him a boost.

MoFauxHawk fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 4, 2013

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

I agree, so I don't know who you are arguing with, and I think it's pretty clear, as MoFauxHawk suggested, that you've just been skimming posts.

quote:

edit: which is more likely; admissions people walking around with a dipstick, checking it against your skin to see whether you sufficiently identify with your claimed ethnicity and punishing those who don't, or the school just being stoked they're +1 towards whatever metric they have to meet and laying out the diversity scholarships and bursaries accordingly without looking too hard at who they're being given to

Depends on the school. The more selective you get, the more selective the schools will be about how deeply they look into your bullshit. Admissions officers do have incentives to optimize their metrics but, especially at more selective schools, they also have incentives to make sure their decisions can at least be compelling defended, because your URM donors (the people who sponsor those diversity scholarships) and communities on campus (who support them) will have the feedback loop of seeing who is admitted off of them.

The more kids receiving URM scholarships are "white Algerians" (as Adar put it) the more your constituents on campus would go nuts. They'd think you were at best incompetent and at worst an active partner in further suppressing actual diversity. So there's your counterincentive to just going +1, and it gets stronger the more selective and prestigious your school is, because those schools have more self-conscious and involved support communities.

MoFauxHawk posted:

Well, if it hasn't been clear, he would have to check the box that says "black" or "Hispanic" rather than "Asian" to get whatever you think he's being offered. He can't just check a "West Indian" box and get a corresponding boost.

Right, and this is why it's "fraud." There isn't even a "West Indian" box he can check. Instead he would have to (mis)represent himself as Black or Hispanic (or American Indian with a tribal ID) under the federal reporting guidelines. Which is why he should instead indicate his ethnicity as Asian and use the diversity statement to talk about his cultural affiliation.

I've more than said my piece at this point so I'll stop posting about this now. Good luck Nicketon (don't go to law school).

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

insanityv2 posted:

Lol.

http://learnedfist.tumblr.com/post/30780819859/my-google-review-of-the-university-of-nebraska-college

TLDR: paranoid law student convinced deans are out to get him because he asked for special accomodation during a test.

That is a thing of beauty. He deserves to pass LRW on that post alone.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

admissions people walking around with a dipstick, checking it against your skin to see whether you sufficiently identify with your claimed ethnicity and punishing those who don't,

It's a paper bag actually

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Law Student posted:

incidentally, the tooth infection which spread to my ear, throat, and entire FACE was proximately caused by a habit of bruxism I developed in March in response to a combination of the relentless pressure of essentially having to write two additional papers at the last minute while somehow staying caught up in my other four classes, and, second, in response to the policy of administrative harassment I began experiencing from Dean Pierce after I spoke up about the unfairness inherent in my moot court assignment

Yes, but what about legal causation? (-15pts)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

here is a good post

J Miracle
Mar 25, 2010
It took 32 years, but I finally figured out push-ups!

xxEightxx posted:

That is a thing of beauty. He deserves to pass LRW on that post alone.

At first it just seems he is griping about a lovely professor and sounding kinda babyish but basically sane, but then he veers into full-on gangstalking territory:

quote:

During one of my finals, a large noisy group of my classmates suddenly congregated outside my test room only moments after the time I was allotted began, even though Dean Pierce had held a consistent presence in the hallways and common areas in order to quiet people during exam times. I was suspicious about the lack of supervision in the hallway where I took that exam, but when two screaming *unsupervised* young boys showed up outside my test room only minutes after my last final began, I knew this was a deliberate attempt to sabotage my GPA so I would be dismissed from the program under the guise of failing to meet the academic requirements in order to join my classmates in our 2L year.

Agesilaus
Jan 27, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Petey posted:

Not according to federal guidelines:

Now you may think that this seems bizarre and artificial and break down on specific, to which I would snark that yes, all racial/ethnic constructs are bizarre and artificial and break down on specifics. The point is, however, that Nickoten is, by federal guidelines made uncontroversial by his own stated identification, [South] Asian in his ethnicity. Certainly more so than any of these other categories: he is not Black (Caribbean), for example, and would be outright lying if he said he was. That is why he is not, as you say, ethnically West Indian because he is culturally West Indian, because the definitions of race and ethnicity set forth by the federal guidelines do not allow him to be.

The link indicates that there are two questions; the first is about ethnicity and checks to see if you're hispanic, and the second asks your race. Nickoteen wouldn't be listed as specifically Asian ethnicity according to the guidelines you linked to, because there is no Asian ethnicity listed, there's only hispanic and non-hispanic. Rather, he would report himself as being of non-hispanic ethnicity and, without checking the definition (I assume Americans refer to Indians as Asian rather than Black, but that's not the rule everywhere), of Asian race. For me, I'd put non-hispanic white, but that's just odd to me; for all intents and purposes I didn't know "hispanic" was a category until some years ago, and white does not include a lot of groups that americans include under that umbrella, so it's rather confusing.

At any rate, I hardly care about the guidelines for how universities should report their statistics to the government. My point is that you were using the word ethnicity as though it was homonymous with race, and treated culture and whatever else as separate from ethnicity which is just bizarre. Even if we pretend that the reporting guidelines between schools and the government were the supreme authority for discussions of what ethnic group a person belongs to, you're still mixing it up because the question about being black or asian or white or whatever is the racial half of the survey.

Agesilaus fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 5, 2013

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

quote:

If I am not planning on going on to practice law, how important is the ranking of the law school? I'm planning on a career within foreign affairs / international development (Foreign Service Officer or NGO work) or public policy.

Thanks!

I'm legit curious. Where did this "law school to do NGO foreign charity work" crap start?

Did it use to be a common thing in the past or what?

Lucificate
Jan 4, 2005
A while ago someone posted a primer/benchbook type document authored by a Canadian judge addressing the various "sovereign citizen" claims/defenses/arguments/beliefs. I can't seem to search for the right thing to find it again. Does anyone remember what I am talking about and have a link to it?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Dear neighbours to the south:

Please keep your sovereign citizens to yourselves, thanks.

I'm not sure what possessed this judge to attach a hundred-page "How to Deal With Crazy Libertarians" manual to a fairly routine opinion, but it may either come in handy or at least be amusing.

Here it is.

Lucificate
Jan 4, 2005
awesome, thank you very much

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

insanityv2 posted:

I'm legit curious. Where did this "law school to do NGO foreign charity work" crap start?

Did it use to be a common thing in the past or what?

A lot of people burn out of law and some do stuff like that. People who want to do this would be better in grad school for something useful or just using $100,000 to volunteer for a few years and build connections.
A JD is no more valuable than and other degree in this field.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

diospadre posted:

Here it is.

Page 41 has a typo. So the whole thing is null and void and I don't agree to that contract taking away my rights. Also I'm suing everyone in this thread for hoisting their Canadian law on my Sovereign American self.

Edit: Oh my god here's a youtube link of a crazy talking about that case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMEw1AuLUfE

BigHead fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 6, 2013

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

BigHead posted:

Page 41 has a typo. So the whole thing is null and void and I don't agree to that contract taking away my rights. Also I'm suing everyone in this thread for hoisting their Canadian law on my Sovereign American self.

Edit: Oh my god here's a youtube link of a crazy talking about that case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMEw1AuLUfE

I think my favorite is the litigant who said that he became the judge when the actual judge left the room. Page 67.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Hi friends.

Does the required passport style photo for the LSAT have to be printed on photo paper or is regular computer paper acceptable?

Edit: Thanks woozle wuzzle. Yeah I probably should have just used Google instead of making this post. I'm dumb.

Math Debater fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012

Math Debater posted:

Hi friends.

Does the required passport style photo for the LSAT have to be printed on photo paper or is regular computer paper acceptable?

Since I have access to loving google, I can tell you to use photo paper to be safe. GOOD LUCK IN LAW SCHOOL....................

(5th hit, this sentence was in the google display so I didn't even have to look at the others: "However, the administrator told Rose and other students with similar problems, that they could not take the test unless he had a photo with a completely blank background printed on photo paper.")