Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...

Bobulus posted:

I kinda want HIC to be desperately trying to be in cahoots with the kids right now to counter Lord English, but she's just too her for anyone to listen to her.

I mean, I know in reality she's going to be totes evil, but I would just amused if she's just really bad at expressing herself.

She does refer to Jane as 'my heiress', that could be a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Madoushi posted:

She does refer to Jane as 'my heiress', that could be a good sign.

That is very definitely not a good sign. Remember what she does to her heiresses.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

That is very definitely not a good sign. Remember what she does to her heiresses.

Turns them into minor, forgettable characters?

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

She would have had Feferi killed if it wasn't for Gl'bgolyb's protection, but she's not doing anything to Jane who has no defenses. It looks like she got some sort of plan that Jane and Roxy have a role in at the least.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Oh no jane :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

She has a plan that probably goes against English, but isn't in the best interest of the kids. They're just, well, pawns in whatever scheme she has cooking.

I wonder why the wait until 4/13. Her plan must require someone from the old session and/or the trolls.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Someone please remind me why I should be rooting for the Alphas and not HIC.

I know she ultimately has shady motives and methods, but seriously.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
She turned the relatively peaceful trolls into a warlike conquorer race based on oppression and discrimination, where the closest analogue to kindness was pity, and then she destroyed the human race out of gross incompetence, and the carapacians are about to follow in humanity's footsteps.

She's a destructive dumbass who can create nothing but off-brand lisa frank trapper keepers.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Fair enough. I guess her (ironic) charisma made the whole "genocide" thing feel less genocide-y.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
HIC is one of the best evil overlords I have seen in fiction. She would make Emperor Palpatine run for the hills.

Rorus Raz posted:

They're just, well, pawns in whatever scheme she has cooking.

Baking.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Because the kids haven't yet grown up, and they can become even greater than their awesome alternate selves from the other universe, if they only had a bit of help, which they will. They have destinies to fulfill, potentials to live up to, troubles to outgrow. And if it were going to come easily to them, it wouldn't be worth reading.

Meanwhile, the Empress has proudly presided over three regimes of oppression and death, was saved from the destruction of her civilization and the death of her universe to continue to serve the schemes of the greatest known evil in creation, and has never been known to show mercy even to those who are useful to her. Everything decent and kind in Meenah - and despite her charismatic demeanor, there isn't much - either came to her from her friends, whom her alternate self never knew, or else was discarded as weakness. She might become an ally to those who oppose Lord English, but her getting what she wants should by no means be construed as a happy ending for anybody.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Luminous Obscurity posted:

HIC is one of the best evil overlords I have seen in fiction. She would make Emperor Palpatine run for the hills.
If you're stylish first, a bumbling rear end in a top hat second, and evil a distant third, you pretty much can do no wrong imo.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Seoinin posted:

If you're stylish first, a bumbling rear end in a top hat second, and evil a distant third, you pretty much can do no wrong imo.

Breaking News: Sea Hitler Can Do No Wrong

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ariong posted:

Breaking News: Sea Hitler Can Do No Wrong

I'd say she keeps the trains running on time but we all know she'd put some sicknasty ramps on the routes and it would all just end in flames and sorrow.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
As good as HIC has been throughout this whole sequence Roxy still knocks it out of the park with every single line. Also it sucks that no one is talking with her :(. We really need 4 more kids, hopefully this won't drag much longer

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, we still need to see what at least one of the jujus is, and we're due for a clue about the contents of Roxy's folder. In fact, we'll probably see what the Condesce's scheme is immediately before the arrival. But I expect that before the month is out, it will be the legendary go time.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Brohemian Rhapsody posted:

Someone please remind me why I should be rooting for the Alphas and not HIC.

I know she ultimately has shady motives and methods, but seriously.

If Roxy (and poor, sweet, dear, precious Fefeta) got fed up with being ignored by everyone and went along with )(IC's glitter clown dance plan, then I'd have a hard time caring about the rest of these idiots.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I want to see a ten-page long pesterlog between Roxy and dear, sweet Fefeta.

Roxy would occupy 97% of the text, of course; with Fefeta barely able to stick an emote here or there before Roxy rambles onward again.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Rorus Raz posted:

...They're just, well, prawns in whatever scheme she has cooking....

)(IC: yo w)(en referin to ma plans ya gots to remember to use tha rig)(t NOMENCLATURE

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I can't read HIC messages in any other voice but Nicki Minaj.

Also Jane needs to learn to have no less than five computers on her person at all times :colbert:
Maybe technological miscommunication is going to be a running theme with the Alpha kids.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

This was probably meant to be tongue in cheek, but it really isn't the same thing. Feferi was her heiress in the pre-existing infrastructure of the Troll civilization, and thus was a threat. But HIC deliberately made Jane the Betty Crocker heiress, which implies she has specific plans for her.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Mystic Mongol posted:

She turned the relatively peaceful trolls into a warlike conquorer race based on oppression and discrimination, where the closest analogue to kindness was pity, and then she destroyed the human race out of gross incompetence, and the carapacians are about to follow in humanity's footsteps.

She's a destructive dumbass who can create nothing but off-brand lisa frank trapper keepers.

But she does it all with style. Sexy style. :allears:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Feranon posted:

But she does it all with style. Sexy style. :allears:

No.

No, she doesn't.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

There's something wrong with a 14-year old girl talking about all this sperm...

Mystic Mongol posted:

No.

No, she doesn't.

If that's not style, I don't know what is.

I think we should keep in mind that Condy is literally grown up Meenah. She isn't stupid, and has a plan. She is a servant of Lord English and is definitely on a mission.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
OK, what exactly has everyone got against the new kids sans Roxy? I get the Jake hate and I can sort of see why people think Dirk's a prick but Jane is acting out pretty normally considering the circumstances.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mystic Mongol posted:

No.

No, she doesn't.

I think your style detector is broken.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

OK, what exactly has everyone got against the new kids sans Roxy? I get the Jake hate and I can sort of see why people think Dirk's a prick but Jane is acting out pretty normally considering the circumstances.

Jane is boring and never seems to do much useful.

Also: Isn't that funny.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't really hate any of the B2 kids, but the thing with Jane was that she was extraordinarily boring for a long time. Her complete failure with regards to Jake has helped her out, though.

I actually I really like Dirk these days! He's just so flawed (in a good way).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

These 15 year olds are dumb boring assholes?

STOP THE GOD drat PRESSES

(not saying it's good)

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

I really like Dirk and Roxy, but Jake is immensely stupid and Jane is sort of boring and too stubborn at times. I'm not a huge John or Jade fan either although they're nowhere near as bad as their Alpha counterparts.

So basically Strider/Lalonde supremacy :colbert:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Feranon posted:

I really like Dirk and Roxy, but Jake is immensely stupid and Jane is sort of boring and too stubborn at times. I'm not a huge John or Jade fan either although they're nowhere near as bad as their Alpha counterparts.

So basically Strider/Lalonde supremacy :colbert:

Jake is immensely stupid and Jane is stubborn because those are flaws that they have. Their main flaws.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Ariong posted:

Jake is immensely stupid and Jane is stubborn because those are flaws that they have. Their main flaws.

This doesn't mean I have to like them, especially when they've made so little headway in overcoming those flaws.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jane's okay in my book because she still has the record of having made the Best and Most Humorous face in the whole comic.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Jane and Jake have just been comparatively boring on a fairly consistent basis. There are still times when they're funny, humours, exciting, etc but these times just seem to crop up a lot less with Jane and Jake than they do with Dirk and Roxy (Or any of the Beta kids).

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Ariong posted:

These 15 year olds are dumb boring assholes?

STOP THE GOD drat PRESSES

(not saying it's good)

If the characters in this story all acted their age it would suck. Can you imagine having to wade through realistic 13 year olds' chatlogs?

Koosiform
Jan 6, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pessimism posted:

If the characters in this story all acted their age it would suck. Can you imagine having to wade through realistic 13 year olds' chatlogs?

13-year-olds post their chat logs on tumblr all the time, and they're not much different, except everyone talks like Roxy.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Except that much like you, they aren't actually funny.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

)(IC: yo w)(en reeferin to ma plans ya gots to remember to use tha rig)(t NOMENCLAMTURE

gurl please

Koosiform
Jan 6, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Koosiform
Jan 6, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Renaissance Robot posted:

Except that much like you, they aren't actually funny.

I think you may be looking for the wrong things, in the Koos Group experience.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Koosiform posted:

I think you may be looking for the wrong things, in the Koos Group experience.

Did you seriously buy everyone in FYAD Homestuck avs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koosiform
Jan 6, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

tinaun posted:

Did you seriously buy everyone in FYAD Homestuck avs?

I bought many FYADs Homestuck avs, and they love them.