Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The artist follows the traditions of Michelangelo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Glory 31

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's the comic even about? Looks awesome.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
About? Why does it need an about?

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
I think it was Waterhaul who posted a panel of Glory that was her and her sister punching each other's arms off in the badass panels thread and that ruled.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Also the last issue started with Glory teaming up with Gertrude Stein, Pablo Picasso, and Ernest Hemingway to fight crime in 1920's paris.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

What's the comic even about? Looks awesome.
Mostly feelings, and the sharing of those feelings.

This sharing is done through amazing displays of ultra-violence.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Glory postin' train keeps on rollin'. Some more from issue #31. After months of build up Glory and her sister finally come face to face with their evil father.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
God drat it, I am going to have to go and read that now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Same. That's exactly how I react to waffles.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Also the last issue started with Glory teaming up with Gertrude Stein, Pablo Picasso, and Ernest Hemingway to fight crime in 1920's paris.

Man how hard is it to have an actual french-speaking person check your french in 2013.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Lurdiak posted:

Man how hard is it to have an actual french-speaking person check your french in 2013.

Many times harder than running it through a translator!

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
Haha, Bendis is doing Garth Ennis and Frank Miller impressions in Daredevil: End of Days.

(End of Days #4)

(JLA/Hitman #1)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Adam Strange posted:

(JLA/Hitman #1)

Excellente.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Why is Frieza in Glory now?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Adam Strange posted:

Haha, Bendis is doing Garth Ennis and Frank Miller impressions in Daredevil: End of Days.

(JLA/Hitman #1)

Man, now I really want to find some panels from Hitman/Lobo to post.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Little bit of context: Gambit is saving a lady from a monster that showed up from out of nowhere. He gets ready to throw a card at it... then an arrow comes out of nowhere, takes the card out of his hand, and hits the monster with it.

A+X #3

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Gambit, you can't match a Royal Muppet Reference with a Straight Hunger Games reference. You should learn when to fold.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT
The best part of the Hawkeye/Gambit story is that it's the only on in A+X so far that doesn't end on a happy friendship lovefest. Given what's come before, I expected hints of a Hawkeye, Black Widow, Gambit, Rogue double date with the boys trying to pick out corsages while the girls get mani pedis before the big night. But no. Gambit steals Hawkguy's wallet.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Justice League Dark #15

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Justice League Dark #15

And this is why you never become friends with John Constantine.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Justice League Dark #15

Wasn't he just alive for a good chunk of time in Brightest Day? (...or did that not happen anymore?)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

Wasn't he just alive for a good chunk of time in Brightest Day? (...or did that not happen anymore?)

Yes! or no! Well, okay, he was alive in Brightest Day and then died again at the end of it. While he was alive, he started a relationship with Dove from Hawk & Dove and they had a tearful goodbye when he died again. So when the reboot hits, H&D get a solo title.... and then Deadman shows up in #1 and mentions their relationship. Welcome to DCnu Continuity! Of course, that was a #1, and it was Hawk & Dove of all things which got canceled pretty quick, so I imagine that error is being swept under the rug.

Of course, it doesn't really matter as you could justify his reaction pretty easy regardless. I mean, Brand's been dead for years. Even if Brightest Day were still in-continuity, that would only be a couple of months alive to off-set the years he's been a ghost, and it'd only make him wish to be alive more. Dude's a ghost, he's always gonna be happy to come back to life.

Gee that post wasn't very funny. Here's another funny moment concerning death and revival:

All New X-Men #5

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is that Alan Davis, or is it somebody with a similar style?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Prison Warden posted:

Gambit, you can't match a Royal Muppet Reference with a Straight Hunger Games reference. You should learn when to fold.

Hawkeye's admonishment to "get some culture" also follows Gambit seeing The Tempest with Fence. Apparently it's not just Hawkguy who thinks Gambit needs to adjust his entertainment preferences.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Metal Loaf posted:

Is that Alan Davis, or is it somebody with a similar style?

Stuart Immonen. I don't really see much Davis in it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Endless Mike posted:

I don't know, that second panel is fairly reminiscent... in all the best ways.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lurdiak posted:

If you mean Glory, it's part of the joke. Her French is supposed to be terrible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If you mean Glory, it's part of the joke. Her French is supposed to be terrible.

What about the guy in the top hat, is his french supposed to be garbage too? Cuz it is.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I haven't read Glory yet (which I intend to remedy soon). However, given the French and the outfit, the guy in the top hat has got to be Fantômas, which is a cool reference on its own.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

The first and second panels are what made me think it was Davis, but taking a closer look at it, I can see I was incorrect. Davis tends to use more bright colours anyway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Immonen was channeling Davis a bit. He's an incredibly varied artist when he wants to be.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Not sure if I should ask here or the general Marvel thread, but what the hell.

A while back (maybe in a previous thread?) someone posted some panels of X-23 babysitting the Richards kids, culminating in her telling Valeria that no, she could not use an atomic bomb to travel in time, even if it was "only" 500 kilotons.

Anyone remember what series/issue this was?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

Not sure if I should ask here or the general Marvel thread, but what the hell.

A while back (maybe in a previous thread?) someone posted some panels of X-23 babysitting the Richards kids, culminating in her telling Valeria that no, she could not use an atomic bomb to travel in time, even if it was "only" 500 kilotons.

Anyone remember what series/issue this was?

It was in her solo series and I posted it in the last thread. I'll see if I can find the pictures.

e: Yep, still around: X-23 #17

Less concerning than the fact that Val wants to use nukes to power a time machine is the fact that apparently the FF have nukes just lying around the place where children can mess with them. Y'know, in the Baxter Building, which only comes under attack every other Friday.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 6, 2013

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
I would completely unironically read X-23's Adventures in Babysitting.

And Thor could ACTUALLY show up!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Somebody take those kids to the Savage Land.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The MSJ posted:

Somebody take those kids to the Savage Land.

Do you REALLY want Val getting any ideas from Sauron? Next thing you know Franklin will have a Pachycephalosaurus head and nobody wants to see that.

...oh who am I kidding, everyone wants to see that! Someone call Fraction & Allred.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Classtoise posted:

I would completely unironically read X-23's Adventures in Babysitting.

And Thor could ACTUALLY show up!

Whoa now buddy boy are you implying (wrongly I may add) that Adventures in Babysitting doesn't take place in Thor continuity?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

TwoPair posted:

Less concerning than the fact that Val wants to use nukes to power a time machine is the fact that apparently the FF have nukes just lying around the place where children can mess with them. Y'know, in the Baxter Building, which only comes under attack every other Friday.

The boy is omnipotent, it seems unfair the girl can't have a nuke now and again. Fair is fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

TwoPair posted:

X-23 #17

This issue made me start buying singles.

• Locked thread