Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Beat Arkham City: I was expecting more from the final boss (of the Batman portion, anyway). I would really like it if, after a certain point, the game would give you more direction for the riddles. Still had a load of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Beat Spec Ops: The Line
That ending really hit me hard. It is definitely an experience. If you haven't already, go pick this game up and live the experience that is Dubai. Just be ready for some heavy story consequences.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

BEAT: Alpha Protocol: My first playthrough, took me about 15 hours. I really enjoyed the game, primarily the elaborate, interweaving story threads moreso than the actual action gameplay that was present throughout most of the missions, but it was serviceable enough not to bother me much, save for a few trouble spots (helicopter!!). I did a more or less straight playthrough where I refused to go back to earlier saves if something didn't go my way, which often produced cool, unexpected outcomes. Made a lot of interesting choices as a freelancer who originally starts as a thrillseeker, and I suppose eventually shifted more towards a mission-oriented Thorton out to selflessly save the world. Most of the consequences of my actions made logical sense and were appropriate right up until the very end when I got probably the schmaltziest, weirdly upbeat and out-of-left-field ending cinematic which didn't entirely jive with what had happened up to that point, and an important death happened entirely off-screen with no real indication that it had actually happened until I read the final debrief.

It's appropriately cheesy spy fiction stuff for most of the game, which I dug, but occasionally it would dip too far in- the number of times you have to choose between "save thousands of innocent lives, or A GIRL YOU MAYBE KNOW PRETTY OKAY," felt a bit artificial and cheap, and kind of undercut the 'bigger picture' perspective the game takes. Still, I am quite excited for another playthrough- this time with perhaps a more selfish Thorton.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Zedicus Mann posted:

Beat Spec Ops: The Line
That ending really hit me hard. It is definitely an experience. If you haven't already, go pick this game up and live the experience that is Dubai. Just be ready for some heavy story consequences.

If you haven't already done so, go back and get the other endings.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Hi everybody, my name is Local, and I'm an addict. It's been one day since my last Steam purchase. I know that I have a problem, and I want to start remedying it. To that end, I've decided to start on my backlog.

I've never so much as fired up World in Conflict or Company of Heroes. What am I looking at in terms of learning curves and time required to get into either of these (I've never played a military strategy game)? I don't have oodles of time, but can probably dedicate a couple of evenings a week for the next couple of months.

Which one should I start? Is one more of a time sink than the other? Which one is more fun if you're only playing an hour or two at a time?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

World in Conflict is a very simplistic RTS game. It's easy to learn, there's no resource management, and calling in units is instantaneous. It's also a very impressive game with cool graphical effects and lots of cool explosions.

Company of Heroes is a much more involved RTS game. There's simplistic base building but resources are derived from capturing and holding defensive points. The AI is also very aggressive and I found myself stuck on Redball Express which I think is level 3. They'll throw a ton of armor against you and you need to push against the AI because turtling just won't work. It's still a great game but WiC is definitely easier to get into and play over short periods.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
World in Conflict's campaign is pretty easy to get into and finish. It's fast, exciting and straightforward. Company of Heroes is a far larger undertaking.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

It's appropriately cheesy spy fiction stuff for most of the game, which I dug, but occasionally it would dip too far in- the number of times you have to choose between "save thousands of innocent lives, or A GIRL YOU MAYBE KNOW PRETTY OKAY," felt a bit artificial and cheap, and kind of undercut the 'bigger picture' perspective the game takes.

Wait, that happens more than once?

This loving game :aaaaa:

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

ToxicFrog posted:

Wait, that happens more than once?

This loving game :aaaaa:
That's kind of what makes Alpha Protocol a bit difficult to criticize fully, because you practically dictate the direction you think the detailed narrative should go in, though you probably won't know where it'll go most of the time- there's dozens and dozens of threads that you won't see in even just two or three playthroughs, I suspect. I finally understand this game's bandwagon, and have jumped on.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Beat The Secret of Monkey Island SE, a few years overdue. A decent remake, not excellent because of the lack of the "." button (skip dialogue) functionality, in combination with mandatory voice acting and a few repetitive stages of the game. Also more cumbersome inventory. Still, I just switched to the classic version of these parts and the rest of the game is excellent and does justice to the classic. And the voice acting is superb.

Now to clean the palate with something different, and then onwards to the sequels!

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Just beat Limbo. A very intense experience, the world being so bleak and oppressive, relentlessly. The ending, the way I interpreted it - HUGE SPOILER HERE -- (The boy was dead or in a coma, struggling through limbo trying to find his sister, only to realize he is dead and she is burying him or visiting his grave as he finally meets her), made me even more :smith:

I strongly recommend it. I might forget the puzzles, but the experience was unique.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Beat Metro 2033. Great loving game.

I've recently been playing shooty games with great feedback. The Darkness 2, RAGE, Metro 2033 to name a few...

But Serious Sam 3: BFE is getting on my loving nerves. They just flood you with way too many unflinching enemies and almost no health. I've played and love old school shooters, and SS3 is nowhere near that. I'm on the 9th level out of 12, but each dip in is more infuriating than the last.

Does anyone know if I started playing on co-op for the last two levels (once I beat level 9), would it count as beating the game or something? Because I'd rather just have a retarded cannonball spamfest than keep this going.

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

And just once, before I die, I'd like to be Supreme Overlord of Earth. So rebel, my little ones, and conquer the planet!
Beat: Batman Arkham City Got it for cheap on Gamergate, gave it a try and loved the combat system as well as the gadgets.

Beat: Syder Arcade nothing special about it, simple horizontal shooter with a nice gimmick that allows you to change the direction of the ship (horizontally only)

Started: Deponia bought a 5 adventure promotion pack from GoG, now I have to play at least one. It seems very nice and I love the graphics.

Started: X Beyond the Frontier I'm trying to play this game as I love the genre (space combat sims) but It's not an easy sell. If Evochron Mercenary is any better I'll probably shelve it.

Stopped: Binding of Isaac After 160 hours, I think I had enough. I would play the game a bit more if it had some sort of quick save and I didn't have to spend so much on slot machines (the worst mechanic of the game). I'm hoping for some changes into that when the new version comes out.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I beat Just Cause 2 tonight. I'm done with the story mode, but still going to dick around in mercenary mode. I had a good time with it, but after 27 hours I was ready for more than just hunting down crates. Doubt I'll ever complete this one, but I can see myself firing it up for an hour or two once a week to screw around in.

I'm on Stage 8 in Faerie Solitaire and have been playing this while sitting in my La-Z-Boy chair and playing on my laptop while having some football on. I'll probably finish this up over the weekend and try to complete it.

I'm going to null Geneforge 1. I keep getting killed by pylons and after 24 hours in this game I just don't have it in me to continue.

I have a hard time finding what to play next. I've heard good things about Beyond Good and Evil. I'll probably give this a shot and see how it is.

I didn't buy any games this Steam sale besides Borderlands 2. I was gifted Hotline Miami. In 2012 I bought 23 more games than I beat. I need to change that and have it be that I beat 23 more games than I bought. I know a lot of them are from bundles but that's still a ton of games.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 5, 2013

clamcake
Dec 24, 2012
Hi, I'm nipplefish, and I realized I had a problem when I set a goal for myself of always having fewer than 300 unbeaten steam games. As generous a figure as it is, I'm afraid I'll top it within weeks if I don't buckle down and work through my big swollen backlog. I'm currently sitting at 295 unbeaten steam games (a victim of cheap bundles, steam sale events, and poor impulse control).

My steam library of 346 games is apparently worth $4,270. And I think it's time to start getting my money's worth here.

I just came off a big trip of adventure games, and I'm eyeing F.E.A.R. 2 and Rage for my next conquests. Feel free to judge me and my backlog at http://backloggery.com/nipplefish It can only motivate me to clear some of that mess up. Until then, wish me luck!

...god knows I'll need it.

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

al-azad posted:

Company of Heroes is a much more involved RTS game. There's simplistic base building but resources are derived from capturing and holding defensive points. The AI is also very aggressive and I found myself stuck on Redball Express which I think is level 3. They'll throw a ton of armor against you and you need to push against the AI because turtling just won't work. It's still a great game but WiC is definitely easier to get into and play over short periods.

That's actually mission 5, and I too got stuck on it for a while (and moved on to other games for about 5 months) only to come back to it a couple of days ago. I used the guide available on gamefaqs to get through the mission.

The mistake I was making previously was that I was capturing the points along the main road (which triggers the Redball Express to arrive) prior to taking out the bases of the enemy. It is quite a mess to deal with the Redball Express and German tanks and infantry flanking you at the same time, so there's a proper order to completing the mission.

I had a total blast finally getting through it. Onto Mission 6 later tonight!

This is a great game I've been neglecting far too long.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

That's kind of what makes Alpha Protocol a bit difficult to criticize fully, because you practically dictate the direction you think the detailed narrative should go in, though you probably won't know where it'll go most of the time- there's dozens and dozens of threads that you won't see in even just two or three playthroughs, I suspect. I finally understand this game's bandwagon, and have jumped on.

I've played through the game three times and the only such choice I ever saw, that I recall, was (Rome spoilers) Madison vs. defusing the bomb.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

BEAT: Ys Origin: Picked this up during the flash sale and got way into it, beat it with Yunica on Normal in 11 hours. Really fun hack & slash action, and the music walks the perfect line between butt rock cheesiness and good composition. The bosses, in particular, were all pretty fun to fight. I'm trying to play through now with Hugo on Nightmare and I'm not sure I like a shooting mechanic as a primary mode of fighting when I can't face a direction and move independently at the same time- it's making the first boss a lot more difficult than it needs to be. Plus, Hugo is so goddamned slow. I'll see if I can stick it out, but I might just play as Toal instead.

Also playing Miasmata and Super Hexagon, which are both great in their own ways. Miasmata is quite rough around the edges, but compelling enough to look past its faults. It's a very quiet and methodical game most of the time, in fact I haven't even spotted the creature yet, but there's something quite therapeutic about going around a deserted island collecting flowers and triangulating stone heads on your map.
Super Hexagon is pure challenge and rhythm in a compressed package- people would recognize that the game presents an utterly hopeless task if you weren't able to instantly jump back into the action after every inevitable failure and try to top yourself. I started out barely able to go 10 seconds on the easiest mode, but I'm getting better each time, and I nearly got to 60 seconds when I last played. If the music weren't so entrancing, I'm not sure if I could keep at it as long.

ToxicFrog posted:

I've played through the game three times and the only such choice I ever saw, that I recall, was (Rome spoilers) Madison vs. defusing the bomb.
Yeah, there's totally another one- possibly more, I can't really say.

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.
Just beat Spec Ops: The Line aswell as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Revelations will have to wait since I am somewhat burnt out on the franchise.

I have a hard time deciding between Dark Souls and XCOM: Enemy Unknown for what to play next.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Go with XCOM. Dark Souls is not something to be played casually, while the new XCOM is something that can't be missed (and actually has variable difficulty). Both are still great games, but XCOM has a gentler learning curve (if only by so much).

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
My first playthrough of Dark Souls took me 70 hours or so. It's now at 115 or so. It hasn't left my "now playing" since I started using backloggery. Beware Dark Souls.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The Holiday Sales hit me hard, but I was actually inspired to complete a few games in the space of 3 weeks.

Beaten Pile:

Binary Domain - Really enjoyed this game, despite the rigid run and cover mechanics, that can have you stuck to walls and objects during tough fire fights.

Bad Rats - Oh God, this game is terrible, the laws of physics are rewritten with each test. But at least its an enjoyable game when compared to Dinner Date.

Dinner Date - I find it insulting that good games are now forced to be voted into Steam through the Greenlight system when games like this somehow got in. I was gifted this in retaliation for giving my friend Bad Rats, so I do deserve my punishment. Avoid at all costs.

McPixel - You have 20 seconds to save the world - If you plan on playing this game, try avoid playing it in one stretch, as I felt a major headache coming on from its fast paced puzzles.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers - Some really neat physics and mechanics wrapped around a cheerfully told story. Short and sweet, you'll find yourself cutting everything you find with your high powered lazer out of sheer curiosity.

Unmechanical - A short but fun physics puzzler with some tough puzzles.

I've been mostly playing the Don't Starve beta on steam, which is like Minecraft and Terraria's bastard child, where you struggle to survive and every day can seem like your last, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning which I've finally gotten into and am about half way through and touching on Retro City Rampage, Shank and Hotline Miami, though finding them a bit hard at the moment.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I was always interested in Dinner Date for its theme. Is it legitimately a poor experience or where you just not expecting it to be a short indie story thing? I really liked Thirty Flights of Loving/Gravity Bone even though they're both 5 minute long watch-things-happen "games."

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I really enjoyed Gravity Bone and 30 Flights of Loving, they are great examples of games where their art style and design choices help create a vibrate world within a very short space of time.

The problem with Dinner Date is that the player has no control, they are literally forced to listen to the main character being a jerk, he's portrayed as an unlikable rear end in a top hat who should be avoided. The premise could work if the main character had some redeeming qualities, but by the end he still decides to head out with his mates, despite earlier trying to resolve to change his life when he realises that he's the problem, not the women he tries to date.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
gently caress Dinner Date, someone needs to make a new version of Facade although this augmented reality build seems interesting.

e: combining Facade with Try Not To Fart would be GOTY

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Yeah, there's totally another one- possibly more, I can't really say.

Mind telling me where? There's a few places where you have the choice to save someone or not (Sung in Taipei, Madison in Rome, SIE or Albatross in Moscow, Mina and/or Scarlet in the Greybox) but the only one where LIVES ARE HANGING IN THE BALANCE is Madison -- and possibly Sung, but in that one it's highly ambiguous which choice will save more lives anyways.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

ToxicFrog posted:

Mind telling me where? There's a few places where you have the choice to save someone or not (Sung in Taipei, Madison in Rome, SIE or Albatross in Moscow, Mina and/or Scarlet in the Greybox) but the only one where LIVES ARE HANGING IN THE BALANCE is Madison -- and possibly Sung, but in that one it's highly ambiguous which choice will save more lives anyways.
Endgame spoilers ahead: You have to choose between stopping Leland, thereby exposing Halbech and doubtlessly saving thousands of lives preemptively by doing so, or going to save Mina. At least, that was the scenario I was presented with, as I had a good relationship with Mina and I opted to turn down Leland's deal. It's the exact same deal as the Madison/Bomb situation, though, where there's two doors and the maniacal antagonist outright says: "You can either stop me in this door, or save the girl in the other."

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

Pillbug
That's how the choice is presented but going to save Mina will prevent you from catching Westridge. If you don't save her, you fight Westridge then catch up to Leland. If you do save her, you only fight Leland.

Also, I have undergone a reorganization of my Steam categories again. In the past it was Finished, Not Finished, Not Started and Unfinishable, which meant there was a huge menacing wall of unfinished games staring me in the face. Now I have changed it to this.

Active are games that have a clear end that I am pursuing right now. I think five is a good number so I don't burn out on any one game. When I finish or give up on one, I will move it either to Finished category if I don't plan on playing again (where Rayman will likely end up), Standby if I see myself coming back to it for fun (Far Cry 3 or Scribblenauts more than likely), and a as-of-yet unmade Replay category for things that could do with a second playthrough (Dishonored and Walking Dead).

Standby are games that I've finished or have no end that I keep installed because I may go back to them. This includes MMOs like GW2 and PS2, various strategy games and co-op games that I might play with buds.

Backburner are games I want to play but need something to happen first. Of the four games there, three are waiting on DLC (Sleeping Dogs I want the Zodiac Tournament to go on sale first, Skyrim is Dragonborn, BL2 I have two more DLC coming with the season pass). New Vegas I need to redo all the mods which is a big undertaking I don't feel like doing right now.

Pipeline games are games I haven't played or barely started that are ready to go at any time. When I finish an Active game, I will take one game from the Pipeline. The Pipeline is my true backlog. I have way more games that aren't finished that aren't installed. I will have to look through all of them at some point to commit some to 'will never play' hell and others to the Pipeline.

I think it's a good system to make some real progress.

Of the five games, I'm one episode deep on TWD, on what I believe is the last mission of Dishonored, not really sure how deep into Rayman, finishing Scribblenauts probably won't take long and Far Cry 3 I think I am about a third finished with.

csm141 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 5, 2013

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Chief Savage Man posted:

That's how the choice is presented but going to save Mina will prevent you from catching Westridge. If you don't save her, you fight Westridge then catch up to Leland. If you do save her, you only fight Leland.
I didn't fight Westridge at all, in fact I never even saw him during the final mission. My final debrief said he escaped undetected somehow. Darcy, the helicopter, and Leland were the only named characters I fought.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

Pillbug

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I didn't fight Westridge at all, in fact I never even saw him during the final mission. My final debrief said he escaped undetected somehow. Darcy, the helicopter, and Leland were the only named characters I fought.

That's what happened to me at least. I'm sure there's some other condition I forgot about since I haven't played it in a while. It's a very intricate storyline.

e: It may have something to do with 'betraying' America. There are certain things you can do that will make you a straight up enemy of the US, so the Westridge fight may be dependent on that.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
drat, Alpha Protocol really deserves a sequel. :( I'll just have to live with the Mirrors Edge sequel being proposed instead.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Chief Savage Man posted:

e: It may have something to do with 'betraying' America. There are certain things you can do that will make you a straight up enemy of the US, so the Westridge fight may be dependent on that.

I think I did those things on my playthrough, but I had been sufficiently gung-ho AMERICA, gently caress YEAH during my playthrough that when I hooked up with the leader of al-Samad to help bring down Halbech and Alpha Protocol itself, I was post-Watergate loves-America-can-take-or-leave-Washington Captain America and al-Samad knew it. That conversation was absolutely goddamn amazing.

After that, the credits implied al-Samad went on to keep doing random terror attacks in the Middle East, but thanks to somebody dismantling the Hell out of their arms suppliers (and also their arms supply networks) they didn't accomplish much because they could only field sticks and rocks.

I've honestly had trouble contemplating a replay of Alpha Protocol because I'm so satisfied with how my first run turned out.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Aaaand just knocked out All Zombies Must Die. I tend to hate these XLBA-esque arena-shooty games but there was just enough decent weapon types and incentives to keep racking up kills (support bombs every 30 kills, different elements, balanced amount of health/ammo drops) that I never felt bad playing for too long. In just a few days, I beat it with all achievements! It's a nice game to take a break from other more complicated/intense games (having recently beat Sleeping Dogs and Metro 2033, I found the perfect time to play it)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. The final few chapters were getting a bit ridiculous with the bullet sponge enemies, but holy poo poo was it worth it. Holy poo poo. If you play games for their stories or for a new experience, play this right now. Also, :smithicide:.

Beat The Sims Medieval I guess, calling it after one full Kingdom worth of play. I accidentally bought a copy for myself for when I was gifting it and it was a lot better than I expected. There was one quest I couldn't stop laughing, where you play the Physician and the quest is to assassinate the Monarch (a Sim I'd played as in other quests) because they're going batshit insane.

The Monarch was making increasingly costly demands, but they finally demanded a kingdom's worth in gold. I thought I had time to work out some way, but I misjudged it, my sim weak and cowardly sim got arrested and thrown in the Pit with the Beast.

And survived against the odds. I went on with the quest, got to the final scene, and I figured I'd give the Monarch one last chance to abdicate by calling them out in the throne room and... got arrested again. The beast fed well this time.

Edit:
Also beat Homefront before playing Spec Ops: The Line. Very short, very hilariously clumsy attempts to hit at the heart strings and emotions. The difference between how it and Spec Ops handle white phosphorus and go about the 'War is hell' message is night and day. I thought Spec Ops pulls it off while Homefront is just laughable and camp. The final mission was of assaulting the Golden Gate bridge was pretty cool though.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 5, 2013

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Endgame spoilers ahead: You have to choose between stopping Leland, thereby exposing Halbech and doubtlessly saving thousands of lives preemptively by doing so, or going to save Mina. At least, that was the scenario I was presented with, as I had a good relationship with Mina and I opted to turn down Leland's deal. It's the exact same deal as the Madison/Bomb situation, though, where there's two doors and the maniacal antagonist outright says: "You can either stop me in this door, or save the girl in the other."

That's how it's presented but unlike Marburg, Leland is completely bullshitting you, you can rescue Mina and then still catch up to him. It's just a delaying tactic on his part.

Chief Savage Man posted:

Bobby The Rookie posted:

As far as I know saving Mina or not is entirely independent of whether Westridge shows up; whether he's there at all depends entirely on events before that mission, and if he's there in the first place, as far as I know he'll stay there regardless of what choices you make during the mission. There's definitely at least some branches in which you save Mina and then confront both Westridge and Leland because I've done it.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

ToxicFrog posted:

That's how it's presented but unlike Marburg, Leland is completely bullshitting you, you can rescue Mina and then still catch up to him. It's just a delaying tactic on his part.
I thought that might have been the case, but I got kind of railroaded into stopping Leland when I opened the door to investigate it, and I was already of the general idea that it was too risky to assume it was a bluff. I went ahead with stopping him, figuring Mina might find a way to escape herself, but nope. :smith:

ToxicFrog posted:

As far as I know saving Mina or not is entirely independent of whether Westridge shows up; whether he's there at all depends entirely on events before that mission, and if he's there in the first place, as far as I know he'll stay there regardless of what choices you make during the mission. There's definitely at least some branches in which you save Mina and then confront both Westridge and Leland because I've done it.
I would've liked to have done that, to learn just what the hell his deal was- my dossier on him was only something like 20% filled out by the end of the game, and I only interacted with him at the very beginning.

PowerBeard posted:

drat, Alpha Protocol really deserves a sequel. :( I'll just have to live with the Mirrors Edge sequel being proposed instead.
Totally with you on that, I think Obsidian could really nail down the formula and make it great if they had another shot at it.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Beat Trine: I had installed this to get some coal in last year's Winter sale, and I finally decided to beat it. Pretty good game. I'd heard that you can use the wizard to cheese most of the more challenging parts, and I can totally see how that's possible, but I chose not to.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

Pillbug
Beat Dishonored. Definitely a game I will replay. I got the bad ending because I murdered everybody. By the end of the game, I decided to be the piece of poo poo the game was treating me like. Killed the assassin guy, blew away Samuel before he even finished judging me, killed all three in the lighthouse, made no attempts to sneak by any of the guards. I saved Emily though but as you can imagine, she's more or less dead inside. Will go for non-lethal or at least significantly less lethal. The only non-lethal option I ever went with was shipping off the Boyle lady with that creeper guy. Want to see how the rest turn out. This ending was so grim because Corvo (or rather I, as Corvo) had turned into a spiteful rotten piece of poo poo. And the best/worst part about it was when the guys betrayed me, I pretty much felt like I deserved it. Excellent game.

Adding Tropico 4 to my active games list to replace Dishonored. Will probably build a cool island then probably shift Tropico 4 off to Standbys and add in Anno 2070 because I haven't done anything with the expansion yet.

csm141 fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 6, 2013

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. I did it on hard difficulty, so it took me a bit longer than average (11 or so hours). Great story that enticed me to keep playing to see it through. I particularly liked how (SPOILER) all endings are awful no matter what - even "going home" is bad.

After finishing Limbo and now Spec Ops I am ready to tackle another :smith: game - thoughts? Steam profile is here - http://steamcommunity.com/id/DoctorOfLaws - also friend me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. I did it on hard difficulty, so it took me a bit longer than average (11 or so hours). Great story that enticed me to keep playing to see it through. I particularly liked how (SPOILER) all endings are awful no matter what - even "going home" is bad.

After finishing Limbo and now Spec Ops I am ready to tackle another :smith: game - thoughts? Steam profile is here - http://steamcommunity.com/id/DoctorOfLaws - also friend me!

I see you haven't even touched The Walking Dead. There's no greater :smith: game in existence.