Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Ironhead posted:

Haha my Dyna is beat to poo poo, been hit a couple of times, buried in snowbanks, taken off road, but sure, I'll take it on behalf of 99% of Harley owners.

:siren: NEW CHALLENGE! :siren: Since we all know motocycle enthusiasts are learned people, how about your bike outside (inside?) a theater. Not some silly movie theater, but a place where people see plays, or musicals, or, I don't know.

Bonus points if you put it on stage.

Ballet mothefucker.

:siren:YOUR CHALLENGE:siren:
YOUR BIKE WITH YOUR DREAM BIKE OR AT A PLACE THAT SELLS YOUR DREAM BIKE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I assume this means realistically attainable dream bike then, right? Cause, you know, it's going to be hard to find a '34 R7 just hanging around.

Still doesn't help though I guess cause my current most desired bike is used and only available in Japan :saddowns:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Sagebrush posted:

I assume this means realistically attainable dream bike then, right? Cause, you know, it's going to be hard to find a '34 R7 just hanging around.

Still doesn't help though I guess cause my current most desired bike is used and only available in Japan :saddowns:

I guess. But it also can't be something you already own. There has to be a reason you don't have it - it has to be a reach.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Ironhead posted:

how about your bike outside (inside?) a theater. Not some silly movie theater, but a place where people see plays, or musicals, or, I don't know.

Bonus points if you put it on stage.

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Ballet mothefucker.

:colbert:

In the spirit of Christmas one-upmanship, I have an alternate challenge. :siren: Your bike with a real live Santa Claus! Extra credit if Santa is sitting on it. :siren:

(IOwnCalculus - can we please rename the subforum to Cycle Asylum: Scooters and Ballet?)

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

:aaaaa: holy poo poo

I'm not sure that offering an alternate challenge is kosher but you definitely blew that last challenge out of the water.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

:colbert:

In the spirit of Christmas one-upmanship, I have an alternate challenge. :siren: Your bike with a real live Santa Claus! Extra credit if Santa is sitting on it. :siren:

(IOwnCalculus - can we please rename the subforum to Cycle Asylum: Scooters and Ballet?)

Oh look at this rear end in a top hat, parking his wife's Harley on a stage.

Well played, rear end in a top hat. Well played.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

How the heck did you swing that?

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
:master:

I have nothing to contribute but I have to chime in to say that if that's not a shop that is the single most epic thing I've seen in any of the riding threads across the countless forums this game runs in.

God drat. The theater would be impressive enough, but that loving sign too.

Halo_4am fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 6, 2012

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

:golfclap:

Awesome.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

drat, this needs more explanation. How was it on the marley? How did the kickstand not ruin it? Kicking it too hard ruins that poo poo. And what theater is that? It looks familiar.

Yes I am a geek. . . Er, stagehand.

Edit: looking at it closer it just looks like a black deck, but drat. I'm impressed.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Hahah, thanks guys. I called in a few favors with Yo-Yo Ma my non-gay, non-nudist dad works there so when I saw that challenge posted I was elated (I snuck in the bike when no one else was around :ninja: ). I had to go to work directly after taking the photos, so you can imagine my anger when I got home and some rear end in a top hat on a scooter beat me to it :v:

It's definitely not a photoshop, although the second photo is a quicky composite of different exposures/stagelight settings. Nah, the kickstand didn't hurt anything, the building is actually owned by a church and they had the wood stage refinished with a super-protective layer so they can hold normal services/rent it out to orchestras/other random crap.

Fun Fact: there's a sort of catwalk-like extension that can be lowered in to jut out into the first few rows. Back in the day, a likely liquored-up Frank Sinatra stumbled off of it into the crowd.

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 6, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

It's definitely not a photoshop

Even the text above the stage? That's got to be photoshopped in, right?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Even the text above the stage? That's got to be photoshopped in, right?

Oh yeah, I added that later. I know the guy who runs the videoboard but he wasn't around unfortunately hahah. I was pissed the screen was lowered and wrecking my photo, but I made use of it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh yeah, I added that later. I know the guy who runs the videoboard but he wasn't around unfortunately hahah. I was pissed the screen was lowered and wrecking my photo, but I made use of it.

:staredog: holy poo poo that is amazing.

:siren:In the interest if your awesome photo, both challenges can stand. Either get your bike with Santa, or your dream bike/place that sells your dream bike.:siren:

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
:monocle: goddamn Royal, that's awesome.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I thought about calling in a favor from a friend who is working in one, but it's more of a small community theater and it's their busy time right now. Even if I had, it wouldn't have been as good.

Nice job.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Damnit Riding Thread, get your poo poo together and do something cool! Maybe we need less obscure challenges?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

or less winter.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Nah it's number 1. I don't have a dream bike and there aren't too many Santa's roaming the streets.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I actually stopped by a Ural dealership on Saturday, but I forgot to take a picture.

Yes, I really want a Ural, but I just can't justify it.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Safety Dance posted:

I actually stopped by a Ural dealership on Saturday, but I forgot to take a picture.

Yes, I really want a Ural, but I just can't justify it.

That's what I would have done, if I was still riding. I drove past our local dealer about a month ago going to help a friend get winter tyres done for his car. I'm so tempted, but yeah, can't justify it. Though I did gently caress my leg up on my scoot, so the side car would mean I wouldn't have to put a foot down, and it has reverse. Plus the wife would be more comfortable in the tub... :)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I own my dream bike (i have simple/awesome tastes) and also we're supposed to get a foot of snow tonight.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

:siren:YOUR CHALLENGE:siren:
YOUR BIKE WITH YOUR DREAM BIKE OR AT A PLACE THAT SELLS YOUR DREAM BIKE!!

My dream bike is one I build myself, so, uh, here's my Harley with a JP Cycles catalog open to a page that sells frames.

In the interest of keeping this thing going, how about :siren: You, sitting on your drat bike, someone should be able to do this PDQ. :siren:

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

OK, it turns out it's super hard to take a photo of yourself plus your bike at arm's length with your phone. So... I don't think this counts.

Also I live in Australia where it's high summer and shouldn't really be grabbing something even snowbound North Americans can do.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

freebooter posted:

OK, it turns out it's super hard to take a photo of yourself plus your bike at arm's length with your phone. So... I don't think this counts.

Also I live in Australia where it's high summer and shouldn't really be grabbing something even snowbound North Americans can do.

I see you, sitting, and on a bike, so it counts. Post a challenge now!

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Alright, I was gonna say in the spirit of the season get a photo of your bike with a Santa, but someone already did. But I think that challenge should still stand. So, either:

:siren: Get a photo of your bike with Santa before Christmas Eve, or, after that, get a photo of your bike in the snow. :siren:

(Poor North American riders.)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

^^^^^^EDIT: Sorry bro, didnt realize yours was time based :( I still held your challenge up below however.

I got really depressed after I took this picture. Not because I couldnt ride, but because I was thinking about how with the right tires it would be really fun to ride right now.

:siren:MULTI-PART CHALLENGE! Show us your bike in the christmas spirit, either with santa, or being used as a christmas ornament (wrapped in lights or wrapping paper etc).

OR, for those of you not snowbound, show us your bike by not directly showing us your bike (reflection in a car or store window, in one of those convex safety mirrors, on a security cam, etc).
:siren:

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 21, 2012

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Looking at the cars parked outside right now and their arrangements, this picture was taken in the last four days. The SV650 (not shown) is in the same spot, parked in the same orientation, and I know it was next to my bike on Wednesday.

You can tell we're not snowbound here, either, but 30F doesn't mean snow when the dewpoint is -6F and the closest moisture is at 12,000 feet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I took this picture a couple of days ago, in the window of some kind of dance school while completing a challenge for an AdvRider thread. Then I forgot about it until today.

New plan: Take a picture in front of a restaurant you've never been to before. Then let us know how the restaurant was. Honor system, folks.

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Keeping things moving.. This wasnt quite in the right order, I went to this restaurant for the first time yesterday and took the picture today. I rarely go for Thai food, but this was pretty good.

The best bit was sitting in that open area and looking out at the view into the bay of islands:

Thats more my bike than the view but you get the idea!

:siren: Get a photo of you riding your bike. :siren:

That should be simple enough - grab a frame off a video, ride past your camera or something.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Hang on - they have Westpac in New Zealand? MIND BLOWN.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

How do you know that's New Zealand, I thought that was Australia when I saw Westpac.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Shimrod posted:

How do you know that's New Zealand, I thought that was Australia when I saw Westpac.

Number plates.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Number plates.

Seriously? They're tiny and unreadable on my screen.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Click the picture, it gets bigger. Still hard to see though, I could make out a couple numbers letters from some.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

He said it was the Bay of Islands.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

grunthaas posted:

Keeping things moving.. This wasnt quite in the right order, I went to this restaurant for the first time yesterday and took the picture today. I rarely go for Thai food, but this was pretty good.

The best bit was sitting in that open area and looking out at the view into the bay of islands:

Thats more my bike than the view but you get the idea!

:siren: Get a photo of you riding your bike. :siren:

That should be simple enough - grab a frame off a video, ride past your camera or something.

I didn't realize the thread was stuck on this...But of course I have some cam whore shots anyway. It was about 50 today so I went out to my favorite road to try an eye level gopro mount. This should count as a pic of me, gopro dong coming off my forehead and all.

In case someone is a pedantic rear end in a top hat(my favorite kind of rear end in a top hat) I have this one too. I scraped pegs a few times and was feelin pretty good today so I put it on the back for a bit of lean shots to end the ride right near home.

Since there was still snow in shaded places here:

:siren: You're bike in the winter :siren:

If you're fortunate enough to be in the southern hemisphere then substitute that for showing off the nice summer weather.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

I didn't realize the thread was stuck on this...But of course I have some cam whore shots anyway. It was about 50 today so I went out to my favorite road to try an eye level gopro mount. This should count as a pic of me, gopro dong coming off my forehead and all.

In case someone is a pedantic rear end in a top hat(my favorite kind of rear end in a top hat) I have this one too. I scraped pegs a few times and was feelin pretty good today so I put it on the back for a bit of lean shots to end the ride right near home.

Since there was still snow in shaded places here:

:siren: You're bike in the winter :siren:

If you're fortunate enough to be in the southern hemisphere then substitute that for showing off the nice summer weather.

So the weather this weekend not only finally gave me a chance to catch up on my Steam backlog and sperg on the Biek wiki, I somehow won a thread I'd not looked at in weeks:

To cheer me up: :siren: Your bike at the beginning or end of your favourite road :siren: (the road to you/your significant other/your mom's house doesn't count unless they live at Laguna Seca)

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

To cheer me up: :siren: Your bike at the beginning or end of your favourite road :siren: (the road to you/your significant other/your mom's house doesn't count unless they live at Laguna Seca)

Here you go:

What's that, you say? This isn't beginning of a road, but the car park outside a brewery? Sure is, because you're only in Healesville for two things: the White Rabbit brewery, and the Black Spur (Wikipedia article clearly written by motorcyclists; Google Images.) It's easily one of the five best roads in Australia; the only one I can think of that's better, off the top of my head, is the Great Ocean Road.

Here it is on Google Maps. Click on 3D next to driving directions to have a virtual ride while you're stuck in your northern homes with six feet of snow outside.

Next challenge - :siren: Your bike at the place where you once took a spill. :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

freebooter posted:

Next challenge - :siren: Your bike at the place where you once took a spill. :siren:

The only tricky part is going to be getting off and taking a picture at one of the busiest intersections in the city.

e: alternatively, interstates

• Locked thread