Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sectoidman
Aug 21, 2006
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.

Prison Warden posted:

Obviously Kat is the Shrike. Now she just needs to get a big spiky tree.

Well, to be more precise, Kat is (spoilers for the Hyperion cantos) Fedmahn Kassad, before he becomes the Shrike :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

Angels are terrifying to look upon "in the lore."

Pretty much. They're all eyes and wings and not much else.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
Late to the party as always, but...
Thank you avatar fairy. :3:

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
I sat down with my 3-year old to do crafts today. We were making toilet paper tube owls but as soon as I folded down the top of one to create the owl tufts this happened...

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

I sat down with my 3-year old to do crafts today. We were making toilet paper tube owls but as soon as I folded down the top of one to create the owl tufts this happened...

Dis am de best. For serious. :neckbeard:

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

AE-35 Unit posted:

Dis am de best. For serious. :neckbeard:

He'll be sitting on my desk forever!

Edit: Once I get all the books I'll make Shadow bookmarks, too.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a medical mystery posted:

Pretty much. They're all eyes and wings and not much else.

That's a pretty cool angel if you ask me.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :allears:

Flitter Reid
Aug 16, 2006

Ow.

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

That is brilliant. I want one!

Edit: Thank you for my avatar, mystery avatar fairy :D

Flitter Reid fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 9, 2013

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

This is so adorable I can't even deal with it.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Well aren't you just the cutest little guy? :3:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Shadow-tube rules.

That's a very well hidden secret base, I have to admit.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Well that certainly looks like a trap.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

I wonder how long it took before they added the "Not" signs to throw people off their trail.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
S13, you have broken Robot Law... by having short arms! Let us stretch them out for you.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I guess the Robots labeled the maglev that lead to Renard's holding pen.

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Nope, definitely not a trap. It's not like there was an oddly convenient eye-witness model robot with full video and sound recording capabilities which conveniently overheard the abducting Seraph robots mention exactly where their super secret base was.

Is it possible that Annie is the actual target in this? After all, she's the one who broke Robot out of robot jail.

Zeond fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 9, 2013

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Maybe the Robots knew that Kat would be able to triangulate their position anyway, so they just decided to save their angel some time and effort.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
I had a go at making some avatars;

That last one is definitely my favourite. I just love how clueless Annie is acting in it. "Welp, sign says there's no base here, so I guess it's not here?"

And the robots are so adorably bad at subterfuge, it's great. :allears:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
So what are we thinking here, guys? Annie slags them with etheric fire, Rey tears them apart with lockpick claws, Kat taps on her tablet to remotely shut them down, or Shadow reveals his Lord of Infinite Blades form?

Edit: I'm rooting for the remote shutdown, especially if Kat does it in the middle of their dramatic ambush leap from the rafters. "HA! See, S13, as we capture your collab-- oh crumbs there go me servos -THUD-"

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jan 9, 2013

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Edit: Oops. Sorta beaten on the first and second

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Tupperwarez posted:

So what are we thinking here, guys? Annie slags them with etheric fire, Rey tears them apart with lockpick claws, Kat taps on her tablet to remotely shut them down, or Shadow reveals his Lord of Infinite Blades form?

I'm feeling Kat and Ann will finally gain a healthy amount of respect for dangers contained in the Court; kinda mirroring how Ysengrin's recent freakout showed that the Forest isn't happy-funland. :(

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Maybe this is actually a secret birthday party ruse. For some reason.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Zeond posted:

Nope, definitely not a trap. It's not like there was an oddly convenient eye-witness model robot with full video and sound recording capabilities which conveniently overheard the abducting Seraph robots mention exactly where their super secret base was.

Is it possible that Annie is the actual target in this? After all, she's the one who broke Robot out of robot jail.

Well Annie was a robot at the time and none of them are robots now, so I'd imagine she's in the clear.
Actually, who are they the robots really free to act out against? Shadow and Rey might be in trouble, but Annie and Kat are normal (as normal as the court gets) students. If they started beating on random kids for doing things they didn't like, they'd be no better than Boxbot.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
This will probably be a flash in the pan birthday party for Robot. I refuse to believe the court robots can be anything other than adorable and perfect and NOT in a secret hideout. :colbert:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

You know, there is something decidedly unsettling about the robots in the court. On the one hand they are bumbling comic relief. On the other hand they are an insular, self-policing society that turns their own members into paperclips and leave broken (robot) bodies hanging from chains as bait for children/Shadow. Also, the creepy worship thing.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Zeond posted:

Annie has twice now 'handed' over robot technology to the wood, knowingly or not. First Robot's original body and then the Tic Toc bird. They could be irritated about that.

I get the feeling that this is more about Kat, though.

Wikiman
May 30, 2011

Oneiros posted:

You know, there is something decidedly unsettling about the robots in the court.

Yeah, but all the robots that are actually different in some way have been awesome. bookkeeper/secretary robot is my favorite :allears:

I really hope this is more of a Kat story. I always find those way more interesting than Annie's stuff, not that they're bad either.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
It could be about both Kat and Annie, maybe the robots are just trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Also I hope that when the robots do ambush them they shout, "This is NOT an ambush!" or something to that effect.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Brightman posted:

Also I hope that when the robots do ambush them they shout, "This is NOT an ambush!" or something to that effect.

As Kat and Shadow scramble to cover, Annie is caught completely unawares. Oh! Not an ambush? Well that's good to know, I guess! Thanks for being so helpful! :)

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Zorak posted:

Maybe this is actually a secret birthday party ruse. For some reason.

But then where was "Not a surprise party" on the sign?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Clearly the robots learned deception from Annie:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

That last panel has me more worried for Shadow, actually. The robots are all staring directly at him, and he forgot to put his hood up, so he's clearly showing himself to be a glass-eyed man from the forest. My fear is that they attacked Robot hoping to get to Shadow, and when Robot flung shadow away, they captured him to lure Shadow back.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

@gunnerkrigg posted:

Yeesh. Legal threats in the mail kind of put a dampener on the day

:ohdear:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Why would anyone legally threaten Tom? :ohdear:

Patchwork Shaman posted:

Clearly the robots learned deception from Annie:

Dunno, does seem to be a pretty standard tactic around these parts:

neogeo0823 posted:

he forgot to put his hood up, so he's clearly showing himself to be a glass-eyed man from the forest.

Kinda. He doesn't really look like one any more, not being a shadow. He's a standalone shapeshifting black thing, that's entirely new.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
The only one's I can think of who would have any beef against Tom are the people he used to work for and anyone he might have done comissioned artwork for in the past. And neither of those have ever come up before so...?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

MikeJF posted:

Kinda. He doesn't really look like one any more, not being a shadow. He's a standalone shapeshifting black thing, that's entirely new.

I guess, but that doesn't mean I still can't be worried about him. :ohdear:

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

I saw that and wondered what the heck. Did he draw something that someone thought violated a copyright?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That Adventure Time sketch once. Doubt it's the problem, though. Hope he can offer more details soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wikiman posted:

Yeah, but all the robots that are actually different in some way have been awesome.

Not all of them. <:mad:>