Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
What do I do if every time I open the Awful App, my phone starts vibrating super hard and plays a .wav clip instructing me to place it on my crotch? Is that a new feature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
My god, I hope this goes through soon, mainly because I hate the forum changes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Maybe if you don't want it to get denied for expedited reviews you should stop trying to include a root exploit in the TCC link.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fallom posted:

Maybe if you don't want it to get denied for expedited reviews you should stop trying to include a root exploit in the TCC link.

what

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Awful was rejected from the store a while back because it included TCC in the forum list.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't visit that forum so it's OK to leave it out.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

I don't visit that forum so it's OK to leave it out.

I'm with you.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Fraction posted:

Go to settings in the app and turn off thread tags.

Well, that's awfully handy to know...

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

jivjov posted:

There needs to be a way to push "fixes bug that renders app near-useless" updates ahead in the queue of "add 15 levels to angry birds" updates.

I'm sure apple cares more about appeasing the millions of paid Angry Birds users than the probably thousands of Awful users. That right there is most likely the reason.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Dracon Wolf posted:

I'm sure apple cares more about appeasing the millions of paid Angry Birds users than the probably tens of Awful users. That right there is most likely the reason.

Fixed that for you.

keep honking im sobbing
Jul 30, 2012

Fraction posted:

Go to settings in the app and turn off thread tags.

edit: Found this and it works for now. Will wait for update.

keep honking im sobbing fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 7, 2013

whsa
Apr 24, 2008
Is anyone else getting crashes to home screen when trying to open the general forum? 3GS and iPad 3 suffering :/

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Dracon Wolf posted:

I'm sure apple cares more about appeasing the millions of paid Angry Birds users than the probably thousands of Awful users. That right there is most likely the reason.

Why can't they do both? The Android app has been updated twice since the forums changed and we're still waiting for Apple to pull their finger out.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

It's possible I did a bad job advocating for an expedited review. Not much else to do now but wait.

Don't blame Apple for the slow fix, blame me for writing lovely code.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

pokeyman posted:

It's possible I did a bad job advocating for an expedited review. Not much else to do now but wait.

oh my god, you're such a poo poo dev, why didn't you preemptively break your forum parsing code and submit it to Apple at just the right time that it would get into the app store concurrently with the unannounced forum upgrade

it's okay I still love you

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It's gunna be hilarious when the latest reviewer notices that TCC is back in the forum list and denies the app, forcing everyone to wait another week :v:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

whsa posted:

Is anyone else getting crashes to home screen when trying to open the general forum? 3GS and iPad 3 suffering :/

Turn off thread taaaaaaaaaags

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Don't blame yourself; given how lovely the forum layout is, the code required to parse it almost has to be poo poo. As long as we get a stable API this won't be an issue again.

This app is crazy high-quality. Hell, most mobile dev companies would charge serious cash to make something this nice. Be proud!

I use this way more than the android app.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

While reinstalling I just noticed that the MAXX app is listed under education. :wtc:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, it teaches young internet visitors that everything you read on the internet is bullshit.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

pseudonordic posted:

Turn off thread taaaaaaaaaags

Crashed on startup, so I cannot!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Crashed on startup, so I cannot!

Quick, write some weird story about how you can't be bothered to find your password and type it into Safari.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Fallom posted:

Quick, write some weird story about how you can't be bothered to find your password and type it into Safari.

Oh, thought you meant in the app. Never realized you could turn it off for the site. Derp derp.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Oh, thought you meant in the app. Never realized you could turn it off for the site. Derp derp.

Woops I don't think you can actually do it through the site. Sorry!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Fallom posted:

Woops I don't think you can actually do it through the site. Sorry!

Yeah... I was looking and not going to post to get more ridicule.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

TraderStav posted:

Yeah... I was looking and not going to post to get more ridicule.

Delete app, reinstall, turn off tags. :3:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

Delete app, reinstall, turn off tags. :3:

I was trying to avoid the 14 seconds of work this would cause. I have now done it though and it works great. Thanks

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

^^ These posts are what I mean by "lovely code".

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

pokeyman posted:

^^ These posts are what I mean by "lovely code".

Error handling's for pussies.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Geekner posted:

I use this way more than the android app.

Come help out then!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I was finally able to get my hands on an older macbook, compiled awful unsigned for my jailbroken ipad and no luck so far. :(

Gave an odd error on install. It was a bitch to get it to compile an archive without a dev certificate though.

Edit: I'd make it just install the app directly but I really don't want to deal with it potentially reloading the ipad on me and making me lose all my current apps/app data.
If someone can ensure it wont I may do a direct load instead. A signed IPA would be ideal of course, but you know, I'll eventually find the perfect config to make it work right.

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 8, 2013

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Maybe the problem is your jailbroken ipad.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Blackula69 posted:

Maybe the problem is your jailbroken ipad.

I've been able to side load apps before, but I've never built them and they were always signed with a proper dev cert. I'm trying to bypass all that now since I'm not spending $99 to get early access to a single apps updates.

I'm currently getting "the current deployment target does not support automated _weak references"

No idea on what that means yet, but still trying to figure this one out.

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 8, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Weak references require iOS 5 or higher. You can bump up the deployment target in the Awful target's Build Settings. Use the search bar to narrow the settings to "deployment target".

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ok, I'll try that next time I get time to mess with it. Date night tonight so no chance I'm even looking at it today.

I tried the direct deploy route too but it bitched about not having a device profile or something like that. I'll mess with it wednesday though. I did discover that the latest version of Xcode has issues with including the 5.1 Os software, so I need to find and fix that, but it's apparently something that just means extracting it from an old version of Xcode.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Oddly, the thread tags thing just started crashing for me today. Before that it was just doing the really long page 1 of 1.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I had a small glimpse of page 2 of 23 in a thread. It was magical.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I am getting pretty tired of reading the forums in Safari on my phone while at work.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

withak posted:

I am getting pretty tired of reading the forums in Safari on my phone while at work.

I've been using Chrome and it's been working out pretty swell so far. I've gotten pretty good at touching the teeny tiny "User Control Panel" link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I'm still using the app. It's not all that bad. Just hit scroll to bottom every time you load a bookmarked thread. If you return to your bookmarks and still have a number next to the thread, repeat. Still better than Safari.

• Locked thread