Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Motherfucker.

I've been manually scrolling to the bottom since things got broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Go update your poo poo! 1.9.2 is out.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

pokeyman posted:

I immediately pulled my dick out and started slapping it on my cellphone.

Edit: Bookmarks aren't showing up for me?

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 9, 2013

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

obi_ant posted:

I immediately pulled my dick out and started slapping it on my cellphone.

It must be conveniently sized to make that post without any typos.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

gently caress YES

I hope it works, I'll grab it now

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
What?!

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

I gotta have my apps.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

There's probably a delay before all phones will see it.

Android apps don't show up for 30 minutes to 6 hours.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Fair enough. I'm going to sleep now anyway. I look forward to waking to Awful.app

Ichi
May 25, 2004

llama llama ding dong
Shows up now on the App Store.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

pokeyman posted:

Got it, thanks

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Everything is working as it should now :neckbeard:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Wow this app is amazing now. Love the addition of copying an image url.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

pokeyman posted:

Awesome! Using Safari was getting painful. Thanks for all your work on this!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Edit: Bookmarks aren't showing up for me?

After a refresh? Pull down on the bookmarks screen. If you're still having a problem then...I don't know, it's a problem! But that fools me every time until I remember to refresh.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Dang it, my iTunes doesn't show a new version in the store yet. Hurry up, iTunes.

ETA: Ha. It heard me and updated.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Updated and works fine.

Thanks.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Holy poo poo yes! Using chrome was a pain.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It shows up in my update list, but it says version 1.9.1 and has an open button instead of an install button. :argh: Apple

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Awful is back!

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

Thanks as always for your hard work. We all appreciate and enjoy it.

withak posted:

It shows up in my update list, but it says version 1.9.1 and has an open button instead of an install button. :argh: Apple

I rebooted my phone, went back and it noticed 1.9.2. You might try that.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

withak posted:

I had this too. Go to the Awful app store page instead of the update list and you should be able to update the app from there.

I am in front of my computer and using the Awful app to browse instead, it's great to see this working again :woop:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oh thank god the update is finally updated. If I ever meet you, Nolan Waite, I will buy you a beer. :cheers:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
:siren: Don't use the Update tab, use the Search tab to find Awful and you should see the Update button. :siren:

StoicRomance
Jan 3, 2013

Bummey posted:

:siren: Don't use the Update tab, use the Search tab to find Awful and you should see the Update button. :siren:

Was having some issues and this worked for me.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Bummey posted:

This didn't work for me. Could be just a coincidence, but I closed Awful after looking in the App store, and then opened up the App store and the update appeared.

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Bummey posted:

This worked for me, thanks!

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Nice, I can post.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Welcome to the future!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

And all was right with the world.

Custom CSS fixes on desktop, Awful app on mobile. It's like the ugly NYE update never happened at all...

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Yaaaay! Everything is back to normal. Thanks for the quick fix!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
So glad to have the app back, using Safari was a pain in the rear end.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I saw 40 unread posts and got worried you guys went off onto a really weird tangent.

Congrats!

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Thanks so much for the fix(es)!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Thank you, I love using this app and I'm really happy to have it back!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Bookmarks and pages are working great here! Can I turn thread tags back on now? Or is that not fixed til the next patch?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

jivjov posted:

Bookmarks and pages are working great here! Can I turn thread tags back on now? Or is that not fixed til the next patch?

You can turn them back on.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
Bookmarks aren't working for me at all, also log out crashes the app.

edit: posted that from the app, once I did, app crashed, crashes again every time on launch, even after closing from recent apps menu, even after restarting the phone.

double edit: awful 1.9.1 on iPhone 4S 16gb, iOS 6.0.1 legit, I have platinum but not archives, my cat is a siamese, I'm lonely

triple reverse 360 edshot: Okay even though I installed this app literally 8 minutes ago, there is an update available if I search the app store again. WTF. Everything works great now. Still lonely.

user on probation fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 9, 2013

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
The newest version of awful should require the absolute latest version of iOS like S2 MAXX did to keep pirates away and make bug testing easier so you don't have to account for someone's 900 different unauthorized hacks on an outdated version of iOS fouling the app.

got dat wmd fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

tehloki posted:

Bookmarks aren't working for me at all, also log out crashes the app.

edit: posted that from the app, once I did, app crashed, crashes again every time on launch, even after closing from recent apps menu.

Maybe log out, delete app, reinstall, log in? I got hit with a bug like that before 1.9 was final but it was fixed.

• Locked thread