Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

Pew! Pew! posted:

This is a dog I will definitely be looking at next week. It's listed as a beagle mix.

It looks like a beagle crossed with extra fluff.

I have dog/puppy fever BAD but I wanted a small hound-y dog. And this just fits the bill so perfectly I have to go look at him.

You must get this dog. Or send him to me. OMG...so cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean
Jan 19, 2012

My blood type is Folgers.

Kiri koli posted:

Yeah, I thought of that. But if it's true, it means she distinguishes heavily between a surprised yell and an angry yell because I am constantly yelling at my work when I'm home with just her and she isn't scared of my computer. :D At any rate, dogs have the cutest worried face. Wish I'd gotten a picture, but we were too busy going "awwwww" and laughing.

Hey I bet you could distinguish between her angry bark and surprised/hurt bark ;)

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

Pew! Pew! posted:

This is a dog I will definitely be looking at next week. It's listed as a beagle mix.

It looks like a beagle crossed with extra fluff.

I have dog/puppy fever BAD but I wanted a small hound-y dog. And this just fits the bill so perfectly I have to go look at him.
This puppy is the cutest puppy and you must adopt it.

I'm joining the puppy posting frenzy with a recent picture of Sukka the puppy:

Tongue sticking out as usual

Mugshot

Rho

and Pi

It was pretty around christmas:

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

This is my current puppy-fever puppy. :sigh: Between her descriptions and talking to the breeder on Facebook, Clementine would be a perfect puppy for me. :sigh:
http://www.granvillegsd.com/available-puppies--dogs.html

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Kong stuff is amazing! I got Feldman a kong Frisbee, and he loving loves it. It's floppy instead of stiff, so he can bend it in half to chew on it, we play tug with it, he'll flip it over and 'dig' at the middle of it, and he hasn't managed to tear it or even really scratch it. Kong stuff is good, I don't know why we bother buy any other brand of toys. He even still has his Puppy kong that he will occasionally chew on when the mood strikes him. I really really want to get that kong tug, but stores don't carry it around here :( But people in my neighborhood have dogs and I recommend kong to them all when the subject of toys come up.

Also he's pretty rude. He was going nuts on his Frisbee, chewing on it with his butt stuck up in the air, pointed directly at me. Then he farted. :gonk:

Dog that's terrible manners. What are you, an animal?!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
God I hate beagles so much :colbert:
They really are the worst dogs.
And they smell, too.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Gettin in on this puppy chat.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I WANT A PUPPY AND I HATE YOU ALL. :qq:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Here's a puppy but not a cute one, first day in his abusive home. :angel:

edit: No wait a better one

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

Superconsndar posted:

Let us console each other by kicking our dogs until they become puppies

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Speaking of puppies, my dad posted this picture of himself as a little boy with some cocker spaniel potatoes:

RazorBunny fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 8, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

I can tell you Zee is like 6 months old and mail him to you. Priority flatrate box.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I can tell you Zee is like 6 months old and mail him to you. Priority flatrate box.

Allow me to qualify. I want one of the straight Carver puppies that an acquaintance is letting go a week early because they are trying to murder each other at 7 weeks. A couple of people who want them for hogging backed out (why would you sign up for 100% Carver puppy for hogging????) because they're already being so obnoxious to each other there's no way they're going to be suitable for group work.

I want them. I want to roll around in the whole pile of them while they try to eat each other but they can't because they are too small. :3:

You can keep ur new chihuahua srry

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Have a sweet little sasquatch puppy.

All head. He's still all head. That's a chihuahua for you. He was about 5/6 weeks old here.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Kerfuffle posted:

I love how fur on old doggies gets all curly and ruffly.:3:

I think it's because they get clipped for the summer. It regularly gets over 40C here (104F) and they're old so more at risk of heatstroke anyway. I've got to clip them while I'm sitting them.

I'd like Dibley a lot more if he would stop humping me. I feel bad shoving an old man but he's 100% deaf so... Ugh intact males.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

You can keep ur new chihuahua srry

You can dress him in a little rat costume and let Moses practice on him.

Okay no you can't because he's too sweet for that but goddamn I wish his owners would find me or him or existed or whatever.

Also tell those people to get danes for hoggin' because gently caress yeah workin' danes.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
If Skizzles decides she really can't afford a second dog (pfft), we're uh, probably hanging on to Nori 2: The Reckoning until Erica's sister can take him.

Skizzles, why are you doing this to me? You know how she feels about Nori and all of his ridiculous bloodline. Why won't you take this puppy? :emo:

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Well... The puppy I wanted is apparently spoken for... :/ Oh well...

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Waking up to puppy pics is pretty cool. :3: It's obviously puppy season all up in PI.

WolfensteinBag posted:

Well... The puppy I wanted is apparently spoken for... :/ Oh well...

Get another puppy! :saddowns:

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Greycious posted:

Have a sweet little sasquatch puppy.

All head. He's still all head. That's a chihuahua for you. He was about 5/6 weeks old here.

all head and no brain

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Rixatrix posted:

This puppy is the cutest puppy and you must adopt it.

I'm joining the puppy posting frenzy with a recent picture of Sukka the puppy:

Tongue sticking out as usual

Mugshot

Rho

and Pi

It was pretty around christmas:

I'm going to come to your house and steal all of your dogs. But especially Sukka :3:

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011
I'm not a BYB because I live in an apartment.

Pew! Pew! posted:

Puppy fever in general has been spreading on PI. Maybe it's contagious? :ohdear:
Must be. I want a one of these: http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/tilsalgs/annonse?finnkode=39039725

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

TVs Ian posted:

If Skizzles decides she really can't afford a second dog (pfft), we're uh, probably hanging on to Nori 2: The Reckoning until Erica's sister can take him.

Skizzles, why are you doing this to me? You know how she feels about Nori and all of his ridiculous bloodline. Why won't you take this puppy? :emo:

Becaaauuuuuse... I have been hideously spoiled by Shadow's low-maintenance-ness, I don't think I'm ready for another dog, let alone a puppy. :qq: Besides, he... he's a husky mix! I want something that will want to do what I ask with minimal persuasion. :colbert: Also there's the whole still living with my boyfriend and his parents thing, and they're not too keen on it, so... yeah...

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Topoisomerase posted:

all head and no brain

Not quite, he's almost 7 years old and has his CGC. :)

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Greycious posted:

Not quite, he's almost 7 years old and has his CGC. :)

Doesn't mean brain. ;)

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Topoisomerase posted:

Doesn't mean brain. ;)
Yes, my dog has somehow survived that long and functions that well with no brain. :jerkbag:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

lmao so from emailing back and forth with my mom from work today, I have found that ~Kingston~ may soon be tied out in the yard and "brought in when it rains." Because he digs holes and chews stuff up. Because he sits alone in the yard all day and then goes in his crate when everyone gets home. Their reasoning is that if he's tied up, he can only destroy a small portion of the yard, as opposed to the whole yard!!!

She knows and admits that it is because he doesn't get enough exercise or attention. I suggested dog daycare or a walker (she can absolutely afford them at least 2 or 3 days a week) and she was receptive until coming up with the following idea:

"get a dog bed and put it next to my bed in my room so he can lay there while I watch TV at night, and that way he will get some attention when I'm home and will have something to look forward to every day."

I tried to steer her back to dog daycare, but nope. Dog bed. I offered to let her borrow Frankie to play with him for a few hours every day. She thought that was a great idea!! Oh, but I would have to drop Frankie off at her house, across town, and pick him up every day, across town. She can't come get Frankie or even bring him back for me, ever. She made a bunch of sounds about time when I asked why but the real reason is :effort:

So I said, alright, what if you drop Kingston off at my house for the day once or twice a week? Moses would have to spend the day locked in a separate room if we did it, but it'd only be one or two days a week and he could deal. That way Kingston would at least get to be a normal dog one loving day a week and get to be in a house and get played with and patted and see Frankie.

She likes the "lay in a dog bed while I watch TV at night" idea better. It's gonna solve all her problems.

Preparing for the poo poo fit I'm going to throw when the dog becomes a permanently tied up lawn ornament. I'm just hoping I can talk/pressure her into rehoming him when it happens.

DID ANY OF YOU GUYS SEE THIS COMING!?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Superconsndar posted:

lmao so from emailing back and forth with my mom from work today, I have found that ~Kingston~ may soon be tied out in the yard and "brought in when it rains." Because he digs holes and chews stuff up. Because he sits alone in the yard all day and then goes in his crate when everyone gets home. Their reasoning is that if he's tied up, he can only destroy a small portion of the yard, as opposed to the whole yard!!!

She knows and admits that it is because he doesn't get enough exercise or attention. I suggested dog daycare or a walker (she can absolutely afford them at least 2 or 3 days a week) and she was receptive until coming up with the following idea:

"get a dog bed and put it next to my bed in my room so he can lay there while I watch TV at night, and that way he will get some attention when I'm home and will have something to look forward to every day."

I tried to steer her back to dog daycare, but nope. Dog bed. I offered to let her borrow Frankie to play with him for a few hours every day. She thought that was a great idea!! Oh, but I would have to drop Frankie off at her house, across town, and pick him up every day, across town. She can't come get Frankie or even bring him back for me, ever. She made a bunch of sounds about time when I asked why but the real reason is :effort:

So I said, alright, what if you drop Kingston off at my house for the day once or twice a week? Moses would have to spend the day locked in a separate room if we did it, but it'd only be one or two days a week and he could deal. That way Kingston would at least get to be a normal dog one loving day a week and get to be in a house and get played with and patted and see Frankie.

She likes the "lay in a dog bed while I watch TV at night" idea better. It's gonna solve all her problems.

Preparing for the poo poo fit I'm going to throw when the dog becomes a permanently tied up lawn ornament. I'm just hoping I can talk/pressure her into rehoming him when it happens.

DID ANY OF YOU GUYS SEE THIS COMING!?

Does it make you feel better if we act surprised or what?

Also I think the tape idea worked. I set out some of that less sticky blue tape on top of the table where he jumps up and then left. On my way to work, I realized I had left my key card in my pants pocket and had to go get it. When I came in, the tape was shoved to one side and Bailey was staring at the table like it was demon possesed. I'll put more tape up there are keep it up for a while just to get him out of the habbit. I reset the tape and when I came home it was in perfect condition so I assume he's gotten the picture.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

Does it make you feel better if we act surprised or what?

I think after the above conversation I don't even know how emotions work anymore.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Awhile back I found some youtube video of cats meowing and played it on a tablet to see what my kittens would do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaIEbHjiIsY

Long story short, they tried to get the cats out from under the tablet before the meowing drives Max nuts and starts slapping Ruby around as if she somehow has the power to make it all stop.

Max is a bastard that slaps everyone. If she's sitting somewhere and doesn't want to be bothered, she'll slap the other cats if they try sitting next to her. No hissing or anything, she'll just turn and slap them across the face.

edit: Watching it now made me realize that Max was attacking Ruby to get her away from the tablet because Max says, "Only Max can be near the tablet".

chemosh6969 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 9, 2013

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Greycious posted:

Yes, my dog has somehow survived that long and functions that well with no brain. :jerkbag:

You certainly are sensitive regarding jokes about Chihuahuas and big heads and hydrocephalus and not being all that bright.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

I think after the above conversation I don't even know how emotions work anymore.

I feel like we should have a PI thread for relatives who do pet care badly.

Topoisomerase posted:

You certainly are sensitive regarding jokes about Chihuahuas and big heads and hydrocephalus and not being all that bright.

The dog is totally fine and you're going chihuahuas are dumb/deformed! from where I'm sitting. Like, you probably don't mean it that way (in fact I really, really doubt it) but it's totally coming off not about hydrocephalus at all. :shobon:

I mean hell, CGC is great, especially compared to the vibrating mass of bite prone spazzdog a lot of them are, right?

E: :smith: Can't we all just hug and get along and talk about what horrible thing whoever's dog farted or whatever we usually do in here?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Just gonna leave this here. http://www.lostateminor.com/2013/01/05/most-wtf-animal-photos-of-the-year/

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I feel like we should have a PI thread for relatives who do pet care badly.

You mean this thread? Because that is why I read this thread and it delivers.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, today Charlie ripped the label off a bottle, tore up a gift bag, and munched on a big thing of paper. He's got loads of energy, for a big fatty. He likes to bark as well.

Actually, he did really well over the holidays, he lost almost 5 kg. He goes mental for walks, and he's still a big cuddle monster. :3: And he still doesn't like going in the garden at night without his (adopted) big sister.

Anyway, that's my random animal nonsense for the day.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I've been taking horse riding every Saturday for almost two years. I'm not very good but it's still a fun hobby. Last week, I saw a cute little white (as far as I could tell since he was just caked with mud) pony with a mane that reached his knees. I asked the riding teacher, whom I'll call Tom, when he got him and it turned out he was being boarded out by a hillbilly from Kamloops who probably moved here to Vancouver Island. Turns out Kamloops Hick didn't transport Sunny (the pony) in a trailer but the back of his pickup truck. That means he traveled down the Coquihalla Highway, a road so dangerous it has a TV show about rescue workers in Hope who respond to accidents there, with a stressed out freezing pony in the back of his goddamn truck. I can only imagine what the 1 and a half hour ferry ride was like. I asked my riding teacher if the Kamloops Hick was wearing overalls and he just chuckled and said "Yes..." in an exasperated tone.

When he finally got to the stables, he parked down the road instead of at the driveway. He didn't use a ramp or anything to get Sunny out of his truck; he just stood there and waited for him to jump out.:psyduck: Instead of letting Tom lead Sunny into a pen, Kamloops Hick dragged him into a barn to visit the mares. (Sunny is a seven year old ungelded "stud pony") Sunny started to freak out so Tom grabbed him, swore at the guy, and put him in a pen. Sunny is a pretty hyper pony so after a while, he wrecked the pen by constantly running around it, stomping holes into it and costing Tom a hundred dollars in replacement sand. Tom offered Kamloops Hick a couple hundred dollars to buy Sunny but he refused. He asked him why he even had the pony given that he was 6 foot 6 and nearly three hundred pounds. Kamloops Hick said "But I love him." Tom replied that if he loved him, he would be at the stables every day to visit his pony. To make things worse, Sunny neighs every two minutes and keeps Tom up at night and his mane was totally matted when he arrived at the barn.

I really hope Tom can buy Sunny off the guy and send him to Vancouver to be gelded. He really is cute and it would be nice to have an actual pony at the stables so really little kids could ride there. I'll can't wait to find out what happens on Saturday. What a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

kerfuffle posted:

This is also the "neighbors being dumb about pets" thread. I just smiled and waved to one of my new neighbors and he glared at me and said "yeah, could you make sure your dogs leash doesn't extend past the fence? I stepped in poo poo." before pivoting and slamming his door.

Yeah, their "leash" (a 15' tie out) reaches as far as the end of my deck and there is a good 8-10 feet between that and the fence. Unless my dogs can create turd cannons that shoot that far, there is no way they pooped in his yard. The tie out reaches my back door and exists for me to be lazy and stand in the doorway while they go out so I don't have to go out in the cold/rain, they don't hang out outside on it and I supervise them the entire 5 minutes it takes them to go and I am pretty sure I would have witnessed their teleportation into his yard to leave secret turds for him to step in.

like it caught me off guard and I was all apologetic but now I'm just mad because I immediately realized there was no way that even happened. There's a bunch of outdoor cats around here so gee I wonder where the poo poo actually came from!! :catstare:

I am really offended that that guy was rude about dog turds, there is no reason to be rude sir

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

Precisely.

Celery Face posted:

Stupid horse people

That's as good as breeding an overweight 17 year old QH mare.

She ruptured and bled out while they milked her to feed the colt. She was a great, gentle, sweet lesson horse and the first one I learned to trot and post on. :smith: Poor Bug.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There was something really cool that happened earlier this year at the stables. There was a heavily pregnant mare and I would feel her huge belly and jokingly say "How many foals has she got in there?" She later had twins and both of them were healthy, which is rare. I didn't get to see them since her owners took her back to Vancouver right before she gave birth but I thought it was really sweet.:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Poor pony, he sounds like he'd be a pretty cute and fun guy if someone took better care of him!

...but next time you need to get a picture of him. :colbert: I wanna see that crazy long mane!

• Locked thread