Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is Rooney really worth £60mil?

Well you see he plays for manchester united

EDIT: whoops wrong account

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Well you see he plays for manchester united

EDIT: whoops wrong account

A shocking development

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is it net worth? Not how much they'd be worth in a transfer?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Is it net worth? Not how much they'd be worth in a transfer?
It's definitely transfer value. Of course the figures are basically pulled out of their arse, but I've seen £50m given for Rooney's value in tons of different places. Not sure who is supposed to be willing to pay that, but that's generally what the journalists agree.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is Rooney really worth £60mil?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

robbie fowler owns

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Waffles Inc. posted:

Twitter infographic thing

Joey Barton follows Nietzsche

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

TelekineticBear! posted:

robbie fowler owns

He's quite funny on Twitter, over the summer he posted a pic of new boots Nike had sent him with the caption "Just waiting for a call" and then when the window closed he just tweeted a pic of the boots in a bin :D

also this:

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

he also scored some pretty drat good goals for leeds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwcVLlom77s

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...

TelekineticBear! posted:

robbie fowler owns

Still my favourite player of all time. Shame I only ever saw him play live once.

From the same conversation:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Scienide posted:

Still my favourite player of all time. Shame I only ever saw him play live once.

Lmao.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Scienide posted:

He's the best footballer on twitter, that's clinchedi t

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Gary Lineker trolling Piers Morgan never ceases to be funny.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Good to see that these guys also have those weird little flashes of insecurity when somebody fucks up and the ball ends up half way between them.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphu65q3NrI

Guardiola doesnt want to shake Ronaldos hand.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

euroboy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphu65q3NrI

Guardiola doesnt want to shake Ronaldos hand.

The mirror will take this to mean that Pep is coming to City in the Summer.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
They were all together prior to the gala talking to each other and stuff, Del Bosque, Pep, Cristiano, Iniesta and Messi.

Pics here http://ow.ly/gBw2s

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Sure Xavi can be a bit of a whiny bitch at times but

DelBosque posted:

My son likes Xavi, he always congratulates him with goals. And the great thing is, Xavi replies, immediately after the game!"

Xavi with DelBosque's son Alvaro

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

it just looks like pep doesnt notice he wants to shake hands tbf

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Suqit posted:

Sure Xavi can be a bit of a whiny bitch at times but

Xavi with DelBosque's son Alvaro

There's a whole series of seriously heartfelming pictures of him celebrating with the team the morning after they won the World Cup, before the parade starts. They also let him lift the trophy, the kid is absolutely beaming

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

T. Mascis posted:

There's a whole series of seriously heartfelming pictures of him celebrating with the team the morning after they won the World Cup, before the parade starts. They also let him lift the trophy, the kid is absolutely beaming

I want to see these.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Have this instead.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I want to see these.

quote:

For those of you that don’t know, Álvaro del Bosque is the second child of Vicente del Bosque. He was born on Aug. 6, 1989 and has Down’s Syndrome. His father says of that time, “in the beginning, we cried a lot. Now, looking back, we realize what idiots we were.”

There were some very touching moments involving Álvaro yesterday (and before), so I wanted to write about those!

Yesterday, we saw Álvaro receive his father at La Moncloa (La Moncloa is the office of the president of Spain. JLRZ had invited him there so he could be the first one to greet the players) and the rest of the team, who all gave him big hugs, starting with Fernando Llorente. He was wearing a blue shirt with the number “6″ on the back, with his last name above that. He later put on another one with his first name on it (you can see it on the right of the picture above being held up by Xavi). Álvaro also got to lift up the trophy. I love how happy everyone looks in the picture! And when he heard shouts of “¡viva España!,” he responded with “¡viva mi padre!”

VDB had promised his son that he could ride on the autobus with the players, and so he did. Álvaro was also present for the party at the Explanada del Rey later on that night, and was seen talking a lot to Xavi, who was very affectionate with him, and who had kept him company on the bus earlier as well.

Álvaro is one of his father’s biggest critics. When VDB was coach of Madrid, he kept complaining to his father that Iker Casillas shouldn’t be left on the bench (smart boy!). He also insisted that his father take Dani Güiza to the World Cup, and was very mad when he found out that he wasn’t going. During his time in South Africa – the del Bosque family spent 10 days there in the beginning and returned for the final – he became an ardent supporter of Fernando Llorente and Javi Martínez, because he went on a safari with them and their family members and ended up really liking them.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That Spanish team is so sweet, I can't imagine any other national team having this sort of team spirit.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Fantastic. And goes to show that young Alvaro DelBosque is keen enough to not bench Casillas. Maybe the Special One should read this...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Awh that's dead nice that :3:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Literally brought a tear to my eye and humanized millionaires.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

I don't think this is a Cadfael special...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I do a fair bit of volunteer work with a bunch of guys with down's and they're just the best to be around to be honest. I've never gotten so many hugs in my life.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

The Mash posted:

I do a fair bit of volunteer work with a bunch of guys with down's and they're just the best to be around to be honest. I've never gotten so many hugs in my life.

Posting in PWM doesn't count as volunteer work.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TyChan posted:

Have this instead.

A fine advertisement of what you can get for 200k a week.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

serious gaylord posted:

A fine advertisement of what you can get for 200k a week.

180k :eng101:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look at the way he touches her thigh. Like "icky girls". Good on you Samir. Hope you come out soon.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Abu Dave posted:

Look at the way he touches her thigh. Like "icky girls". Good on you Samir. Hope you come out soon.

Lesbians love girls.

United fan met Giggs when he was a young lad, then meets him again with his own sprog in tow. :3:

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Abu Dave posted:

It's the face of a man knowing he is batting way, way above his league and is totally not fine about it.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
Samir Nasri looks like a Lesbian imo. Picture is only proof.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

This is so nice :3:

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.

Ninpo posted:

Lesbians love girls.

United fan met Giggs when he was a young lad, then meets him again with his own sprog in tow. :3:
OMG Giggs is wearing a Padres cap. :swoon:

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

This is my favorite story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...
A somewhat harsh assesment of Torres performance last night:

FYI Andy Jacobs is a Journo for TalkSport